2024 Marquette

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxfan9999

2024 Marquette

Post by laxfan9999 »

Have you ever seen the wheels come off quicker than they have this year on Marquette? I know they lost a couple transfers but they look like a MAC team. Ohio State is scoring at will today.
spidey44

Re: 2024 Marquette

Post by spidey44 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 pm Have you ever seen the wheels come off quicker than they have this year on Marquette? I know they lost a couple transfers but they look like a MAC team. Ohio State is scoring at will today.
Big East in general was a fraud last year (exception Denver). There wins were mostly against average at best opponents last year.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:09 pm Have you ever seen the wheels come off quicker than they have this year on Marquette? I know they lost a couple transfers but they look like a MAC team. Ohio State is scoring at will today.
More so reverting to the mean. The team graduated or lost to transfer 260 pts from last season, critical experience from midfield / defense.

Not much defense on either side, today. Ohio State playing man-to-man with bad approaches, absent slides, zero pick recognition, eyes staring in the wrong direction off-ball. Almost hard to be this disorganized.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

EasyRider wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:15 pm
More so reverting to the mean. The team graduated or lost to transfer 260 pts from last season, critical experience from midfield / defense.

Not much defense on either side, today. Ohio State playing man-to-man with bad approaches, absent slides, zero pick recognition, eyes staring in the wrong direction off-ball. Almost hard to be this disorganized.
Ohio State 22 - Marquette 17 - 39 goals!! Was there any defense in this game?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm
EasyRider wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:15 pm

Ohio State 22 - Marquette 17 - 39 goals!! Was there any defense in this game?
I really thought Marquette was going to win that one. Couldn’t overcome their horrendous start I guess.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Coach Black at Marquette has some interesting ideas, but having talked to some of her former assistants, I can see why they may struggle.

I agree, this is more like their average year.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:48 am Coach Black at Marquette has some interesting ideas, but having talked to some of her former assistants, I can see why they may struggle.

And one of them is bringing in recruiting classes of 13-15 and telling them that some of them will be gone in 2 years.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:51 am
MolonLaxe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:48 am Coach Black at Marquette has some interesting ideas, but having talked to some of her former assistants, I can see why they may struggle.

And one of them is bringing in recruiting classes of 13-15 and telling them that some of them will be gone in 2 years.
Are you saying that she’s telling them she will get rid of them, or they will dislike Milwaukee and the winters enough to decide to transfer? It’s not for everyone.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:37 pm

Are you saying that she’s telling them she will get rid of them, or they will dislike Milwaukee and the winters enough to decide to transfer? It’s not for everyone.
We tells prospective recruits that several girls may be released if they don't figure into plans after a couple years. When you look at the size of their recruiting classes, its pretty obvious that this needs to happen.

To be fair, Marquette is far from the only school who does this, but credit to their coaching staff for being forthright about it.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:41 pm
MolonLaxe wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:37 pm

We tells prospective recruits that several girls may be released if they don't figure into plans after a couple years. When you look at the size of their recruiting classes, its pretty obvious that this needs to happen.

To be fair, Marquette is far from the only school who does this, but credit to their coaching staff for being forthright about it.
Having visited and gone through the process there, I’m not shocked. It was all so weird and felt completely impersonal.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”