2024 FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
callaxdad

Re: 2024 FanLax Forum Poll

Post by callaxdad »

Jumbo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:58 am
BallHunt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:55 am Are you counting Owings Mills as North?
this is interesting. Maryland is in no man’s land for being north or south. but since lacrosse is a mid atlantic sport , MD is on the south side. i would have never considered PA or NJ or Ohio south. but lacrosse does.
NJ & Pa def not South. Does Lacrosse consider them in the south just for numbers sake? Perhaps to keep the number of teams relatively equal between the north and the south?
ah23

Post by ah23 »

I don't think a single person has disagreed with the idea that the Liberty League is better this season. If I'm missing someone, that's because they are in a tiny minority. That narrative is a complete strawman.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

BallHunt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:55 am
StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:38 am
Jumbo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:51 am
BallHunt wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 am
Jumbo wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:06 am
StevieUAlum wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:51 am
choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:07 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:42 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:41 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:32 pm
pcowlax wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:15 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:13 pm Babson, Union, Endicott, Bowdoin & Williams. This is list of Northern teams who are middle of the road top 25 at best but are getting some serious (biased) love. Unions two losses are to two top 5 teams by a combined 19 goals. That doesn't equate to a top 15 ranking. All the rest are NESCAC schools with a soft OOC schedule. Gotta have some perspective.

The whole idea that the north is and always has been superior still blows my mind, at least try to post on here in a way that isn't biased.
Have you followed lacrosse this year? In matchups between upper level (for the region) teams, the north has won the vast majority of games this year. This isn't some sort of subjective opinion.
Considering my name on here I think you know I've watched, my Alma Mater puts on the biggest event of the year in D3 lacrosse, just a thought.

Secondly, what are you talking about? The teams I mentioned haven't played a single opponent from the South. SLU has two one goals wins against south opponents. Wouldn't call that dominating. Stevens whooped Wesleyan. Tufts beat Stevens by 13. RPI beats York by 1. Just bc CNU get dominated by a couple Northern teams you start jumping to conclusions. Oh and didn't Amherst just lose to a L-Burg team who is significantly down this year? L-Burg has a bad loss to Hamilton.

The ONLY North team with south wins of significance is RIT. And they took tufts to the woodshed at the classic.

Maybe do some homework next time bc dominated and losing close games are vastly different. Oh and btw it seems rather odd how no one in the North EVER schedules Salisbury. Want to go best vs best, gotta play the best year and year out. Only two northern teams playing the best teams OOC are consistently Tufts and RIT.
North Wins:
Tufts 18, CNU 10
Tufts 20, Stevens 7
Williams 18, CNU 12
Hamilton 16, Lynchburg 15
Wesleyan 23, Roanoke 16
Wesleyan 23, Stockton 10
Amherst 14, Swarthmore 11
Amherst 9, Gettysburg 8
RIT 11, York 10
RIT 15, W&L 9
RIT 17, Ursinus 11
St. Lawrence 9, York 8
St. Lawrence 13, CNU 12
RPI 11, York 10

South wins:
Stevens 16, Wesleyan 10
Lynchburg 15 Amherst 13

If none of those are wins of significance, then this an admission there is one good team in the south. It’s absolute one sided dominance this year. Not the northern teams fault that you think none of the southern teams are good enough to count as a quality win.
Six one goal wins is dominating? Can tell you there wouldn't be a Sourh homer on here talking about "dominance" if that were the case.

Get some perspective.
It’s just part of the mentality. In typical years where the NUSAC is strong, the chatter is the overall conference dominance. That doesn’t exist this season because #downyear, so they lump in the Liberty league as part of a greater “North” that they can tout superiority through.

The conference might usually be the strongest, but the fans representing them here must’ve never been apart of that success as players. They’re like the dog that is constantly posturing and jockeying for dominance. Major sign that he’s never been the Alpha, and likely never will. #betamentality
In my opinion, the LL this year is better than the NESCAC. After all, I allegedly don't watch lacrosse but I do remember the game last month at my beautiful home Mustang Stadiun, where the LL #3 WHOOPED the NESCAC #1.

Furthermore, using pcow logic, since RIT beat Tufts, that would mean the top three LL teams are better than the best NESCAC team(s).
many NESCAC fans are overly annoying. not all. but many. probably the rudest home teams fans i have encountered and i have been to many D3 stadiums. many of the fans here are just as bad. i was reading in the NESCAC board about the RIT /Tufts game. someone made a comment about Rit Dominating Tufts and a fan freaked out and turned personal. funny, how someone on this thread referred to several 1 goal north over south wins as “dominating”, but when NESCAC losses, a 5 goal loss was just a fluke.

LL is by far the strongest conference this year.

when the dust settles and the selections are made, i expect the LL should have three teams make it. maybe 4. NESCAC really shouldn’t have more than 2
StevieU was originally talking about Northern teams success over Southern teams, or perceived lack thereof. Clearly, not considering "dominance," even with one goal wins (which count by the way, not sure why there's a qualification there) Northern teams have better aggregate success over Southern teams. Also, the Northern teams are more willing to travel south to play than Southern teams are willing to go north to play. Hat tip to CNU for going north to play the Jumbos.

Also clear is that the LL is the best conference.
i can’t dispute any of this.
The Mustang Classic was created specifically bc the Northern teams didn't want to travel south early in the year to play quality teams.

The idea of hosting it during spring break was to give those schools and those kids a chance to play the best teams and have all the best teams in one location without it costing too much for the programs.

Missed me with that south teams don't travel north narrative.
Are you counting Owings Mills as North?
Last time I checked OM is south of the Mason-Dixon Line.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Most definitely will pandering more for my Stangs after tonight. Stevenson might be 5-5 but I just can't see a lot of teams ranked between 16-20 being much better than them.

Multiple top 20 teams with tight matchups against F&M this season. What I saw tonight at Mustang Stadium was a shell of what that great program used to be in the CC. F&M usually is very competitive, did not see that tonight. Judging by their schedule it seems they've definitely fallen off unfortunately.

Stevenson definitely is gelling on offense. Zick, Scaliti, Racich leading the way per usual. Defense played great for 3 quarters, Scorese is so hot and cold in net. Halpin dominating lesser opponents at the X is not surprising, unfortunately his track record against anyone average or better is not great.

Hoping for another win this weekend at Eastern!
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

things are getting tight. lots of parody in the top 25. looks to be Salisbury, then everyone else. i would argue that anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else (except Salisbury)

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Denison, Hamilton, stevenson, williams, york
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 pm things are getting tight. lots of parody in the top 25. looks to be Salisbury, then everyone else. i would argue that anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else (except Salisbury)

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:27 pm things are getting tight. lots of parody in the top 25. looks to be Salisbury, then everyone else. i would argue that anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else (except Salisbury)

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Guess you aren’t a liberty league fan. I do not think that most of these teams could be RIT. What result has Salisbury head and shoulders above everyone else?
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:38 am Guess you aren’t a liberty league fan. I do not think that most of these teams could be RIT. What result has Salisbury head and shoulders above everyone else?
#2, #3, #4 and #9 isn't enough for you?
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Would be interested in the rationale for putting Swarthmore above Amherst. Imo wherever you think Amherst belongs is the hard ceiling for where you can put the Garnet.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Haven’t done one yet this week, but…Swarthmore (9-1) and Endicott (10-1) both have great W-L records from playing mostly cupcakes, and they both split the only two games they’ve played against high-quality opponents. I think Endicott is fine around where they are…which is roughly where I’d put Swarthmore.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:38 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Guess you aren’t a liberty league fan. I do not think that most of these teams could be RIT. What result has Salisbury head and shoulders above everyone else?

there have been so many close games with these teams. York is at the bottom of the list and played RIT even. i stand by that comment.
salisbury hasn’t had a close game yet. RIT has a loss. RIT is good. so are RPI, St Lawrence, and Union. i have 3 LL in the top 5. how can anyone suggest i don’t think the LL is good? and, as many have said, if you are going to question someone else list, at least provide your own list, so everyone can question yours.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

SixBySix wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:58 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Would be interested in the rationale for putting Swarthmore above Amherst. Imo wherever you think Amherst belongs is the hard ceiling for where you can put the Garnet.
amherst has three losses, swarthmore has one. if amherst just beat swarthmore this weekend, i would have amherst above them. but that a month ago. and Amherst has lost twice since then. i think you have amherst too high.
5Star

Post by 5Star »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:08 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
amherst has three losses, swarthmore has one. if amherst just beat swarthmore this weekend, i would have amherst above them. but that a month ago. and Amherst has lost twice since then. i think you have amherst too high.
Swarthmore has never beaten a ranked team not named Gettysburg in the history of their program.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

5Star wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:08 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order
Swarthmore has never beaten a ranked team not named Gettysburg in the history of their program.
Try again. They beat Muhlenberg who was ranked 18/19 at the time of their matchup last year.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

1. Salisbury
2. RPI
3. SLU
4. RIT
5. Dickinson
6. Union
7. Wesleyan
8. W&L
9. Tufts
10. Babson
11. CNU
12. Gettysburg
13. Bowdoin
14. Amherst
15. Stevens
16. Swarthmore
17. Stevenson
18. Williams
19. Middlebury
20. Endicott
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:05 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order

there have been so many close games with these teams. York is at the bottom of the list and played RIT even. i stand by that comment.
salisbury hasn’t had a close game yet. RIT has a loss. RIT is good. so are RPI, St Lawrence, and Union. i have 3 LL in the top 5. how can anyone suggest i don’t think the LL is good? and, as many have said, if you are going to question someone else list, at least provide your own list, so everyone can question yours.
Yea I wasn’t question the ranking, I was questioning you saying that anyone in the top 25 could beat anyone else, besides Salisbury. I don’t think 20 of those teams could beat RIT, and a loss to RPI @ RPI doesn’t prove anything about them. How is Salisbury head and shoulders above them? Who have they beaten to justify that statement over Liberty league?

I don’t understand how someone makes a point and then forgets that they just didn’t make that point? It’s confusing
Last edited by Laxfan1414 on Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Laxfan1414 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:18 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order

Yea I wasn’t question the ranking, I was questioning you saying that anyone in the top 20 could beat anyone else, besides Salisbury. I don’t think 15 of those teams could beat RIT, and a loss to RPI @ RPI doesn’t prove anything about them. How is Salisbury head and shoulders above them? Who have they beaten?

I don’t understand how someone makes a point and then pretends that they just didn’t make that point? It’s confusing
how can you not even have salisbury ranked in the top 20???
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:25 am
Laxfan1414 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:18 am

Salisbury
RPI
St Lawrence
RIT
Dickinson
Wesleyan
Tufts
Swarthmore
Union
Stevens
W&L
Amherst
Gettysburg
Babson
CNU
Lynchburg
Endicott
Bowdoin
Roanoke
Middlebury

next 5 in no order

Yea I wasn’t question the ranking, I was questioning you saying that anyone in the top 20 could beat anyone else, besides Salisbury. I don’t think 15 of those teams could beat RIT, and a loss to RPI @ RPI doesn’t prove anything about them. How is Salisbury head and shoulders above them? Who have they beaten?

I don’t understand how someone makes a point and then pretends that they just didn’t make that point? It’s confusing
how can you not even have salisbury ranked in the top 20???
:lol:
Laxfan1414

Post by Laxfan1414 »

Let’s simplify this, I don’t agree that Salisbury is on a tier of its own. I think there are a few teams in the Liberty League that could give them a run for their money.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

StevieUAlum wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:41 am Try again. They beat Muhlenberg who was ranked 18/19 at the time of their matchup last year.
Let's also not forget the '01,' 03, '04, and '10 National Championship seasons. They're a traditional blue blood program, just still recovering from the Great War.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”