Parity

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rasheed

Parity

Post by rasheed »

Is it me, or is the parity this year standing out more than in other years? I know it's early, but damn, there is some incredible talent out there across the board. There also seems to be some incredible coaching going on. This excitement "that anyone could win on any given day" will spread the game.
The Orfling

Re: Parity

Post by The Orfling »

Yes, it's feeling that way! Maybe in part because of the expectations game? There was a lot of pre- and early-season punditry that three teams (Notre Dame, Duke, and UVA) were in a separate tier from the others. The fact that all three of those "pre-season Tier 1A teams"* (*no disrespect, they're all loaded with talent and well coached) have a loss to a team not in that group of three has added to the fun level and the feeling that the right team, staying healthy and getting hot down the stretch like 2016 UNC, could win it all. Throw in games like a winless Brown taking Maryland to OT and there's a great "any given day" vibe to the season. (You still couldn't go wrong laying a bet on an eventual ACC national champ, however.)
Ivyman

Re: Parity

Post by Ivyman »

OK. 5 ACC teams. Give me 5 to 1 odds and I'll take your team. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”