Denver at NU

D1 Womens Lacrosse
forthelaxofit

Re: Denver at NU

Post by forthelaxofit »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:27 am This could have been a blowout had NU not squandered so many golden opportunities to score.
8 for 18 on FPSs (at one point I think they were 3 for 11). Pretty sad showing but it gets worse,
DU was 1 for 9. Coulda won this one, Pios, just had to be adequate on FPSs. Credit the GKs for
some nice saves but they got a lot of help from pretty poor shooting too.
9 for 27 on FPSs from two pretty good teams is a mighty sad showing...need to work on that
play (a lot) ladies.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:27 am This could have been a blowout had NU not squandered so many golden opportunities to score.
8 for 18 on FPSs (at one point I think they were 3 for 11). Pretty sad showing but it gets worse,
DU was 1 for 9. Coulda won this one, Pios, just had to be adequate on FPSs. Credit the GKs for
9 for 27 on FPSs from two pretty good teams is a mighty sad showing...need to work on that
play (a lot) ladies.
I know you are a big advocate for FP goals so this may only reinforce that. In the 3 games vs Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern, Denver has 3 goals on 18 shots. Gilbert is 2-6, Colimore 1-3 and rest of team 0-9. (not looking at the other 3 games Denver played – with all due respect to those teams the crash defenders and goalies not on par with the 3 Big 10 teams.) If I can see this in my kitchen, my bet is JS and Stony Brook will be well aware of these numbers for their upcoming game. For an offense that can struggle and difficulty converting of FP, look out for the “hack a shack” game plan. Wonder if Spidey will give an over/under on the number of FP Denver takes in the Stony Brook game?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

forthelaxofit wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:37 am
play (a lot) ladies.
I know you are a big advocate for FP goals so this may only reinforce that. In the 3 games vs Michigan, Maryland and Northwestern, Denver has 3 goals on 18 shots. Gilbert is 2-6, Colimore 1-3 and rest of team 0-9. (not looking at the other 3 games Denver played – with all due respect to those teams the crash defenders and goalies not on par with the 3 Big 10 teams.) If I can see this in my kitchen, my bet is JS and Stony Brook will be well aware of these numbers for their upcoming game. For an offense that can struggle and difficulty converting of FP, look out for the “hack a shack” game plan. Wonder if Spidey will give an over/under on the number of FP Denver takes in the Stony Brook game?
Just looked at some team stats for FPS. Florida and Harvard are both over 80% - which is super impressive. The other top 8 teams range from 68% to 59%.
LuvLax

Post by LuvLax »

LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Brownlax wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:55 am
play (a lot) ladies.
Just looked at some team stats for FPS. Florida and Harvard are both over 80% - which is super impressive. The other top 8 teams range from 68% to 59%.
Dumb question since I am NOT a stathead. If you back the ball out of a free position and don't shoot, does it count as a missed free position? Think that would impact stats on this a good deal.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:17 pm
play (a lot) ladies.
Dumb question since I am NOT a stathead. If you back the ball out of a free position and don't shoot, does it count as a missed free position? Think that would impact stats on this a good deal.
It does. Even if you pass to someone else and they score it doesn't count.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

jff97 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:29 pm
play (a lot) ladies.
Wow. That’s interesting. So a large amount of the 60% that fail can be a player just passing it, especially on a man up situation.
Shellax

Post by Shellax »

from the NCAA stat manual:
SECTION 7—SHOTS
Article 1. A ball propelled toward the goal by an offensive player
with her stick shall be called a shot. The ball may be thrown from
the stick or deflected by her stick. The statistician should take care
to award shots only when possession of the ball can reasonably
be said to have occurred or when a controlled effort to deflect
the ball can be construed (somewhat similar to controlled tips in
basketball).
Article 2. A ball that enters the goal propelled by the offensive
team must then become a shot and a goal.
Article 3. A ball that ricochets off another offensive player’s stick
and scores will be awarded as a shot by the player deemed to have
scored the goal.
Article 4. In the case of a Team Goal (also known as an Own
Goal), there is no shot recorded. See Section 2 – Goals for more
information.
Article 5. A player who takes an eight-meter (free-position) shot
should be charged with an eight-meter (free-position) shot. An
eight-meter (free-position) shot also counts toward a player’s total
number of shots in the game. It is important to note that a player
who is awarded an eight-meter (free-position) attempt but does
not shoot the ball is not charged with an eight-meter (free-position)
shot.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:31 pm
jff97 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:29 pm
play (a lot) ladies.

Wow. That’s interesting. So a large amount of the 60% that fail can be a player just passing it, especially on a man up situation.
That was kinda my point. On my 23 daughter's team, only one girl has a green light to take FPs on man up (and only on middle 3 hashes). But on my eldest daughter's team, they probably shot 75% of the time.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”