Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Spidey's Sports Book

Post by spidey44 »

Slow Friday as we head into the weekend. Two games pop for me.

First up is Colorado at Marquette. To me these two teams are heading in different directions. After a breakthrough NCAA appearance in 2023, the Golden Eagles have underperformed this year, coming in at 2-4. On the flip side, the Buffaloes are off to a somewhat surprising 4-2 start with one of those losses a respectable 19-14 showing to the reigning national champions. Was the Big East a fraud last year (besides Denver) with 3 teams getting into the tournament? Denver will be the lone representative this year unless a massive upset in the conference tournament.
Buffs -3.5

Obviously the most intriguing matchup of the day is Denver vs Northwestern. I think the Pios have something to prove tonight after a slow 3-2 start. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get right tonight against the Cats. Northwestern just has too many big guns that can penetrate the Denver D. Conversely, the Pios just can't score enough against good defenses. That said, I think it will be close most of the game, but the Champs will pull away.
Northwestern -4.5
Relax77

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by Relax77 »

Buffs and NU. 10 dime parlay
Think NU beats Denver by 7
Can I get a line on the High Point Game. I’m smelling upset by the Mounts
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:26 am Buffs and NU. 10 dime parlay
Think NU beats Denver by 7
Can I get a line on the High Point Game. I’m smelling upset by the Mounts
Analytics team is on it... standby
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 20s (at the time) and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Last edited by spidey44 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 10s and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Game is actually being played at US Lacrosse HQ so it's basically a home game for the Mount.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:57 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 10s and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Game is actually being played at US Lacrosse HQ so it's basically a home game for the Mount.
Good catch but I still like my line. Maybe Is push down to 4.5. Still like High Point here. Just haven’t seen much out of the Mount.
Last edited by spidey44 on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:02 am
hmmm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:57 am
High Point -5.5
Good catch but I still like my line. Maybe Is push down to 4.5. Still like High Piint here. Just haven’t seen much out of the Mount.
Given the stats on High Point, they are definitely favored over The Mount. Mount's D is towards the bottom of D1, as is the GK. I think anywhere from -3.5 to -4.5 is fair depending on incoming bets.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 20s (at the time) and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Totally fair. Going with the upset. Taking the Mounts with a win by 2. Heard the kids had too much steak last night at their bougie steakhouse.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:08 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:56 am The Mount traveling to face the Panthers of High Point. The Mount off to a slow start, but get a notch in the winning column over Bucknell. Tough to get a read on High Point since their two losses are to top 20s (at the time) and 2 wins are against 2 mid(low) majors. But the Panthers played an under achieving Duke team tough and just will end up being too much for the Mountaineers.
High Point -5.5
Totally fair. Going with the upset. Taking the Mounts with a win by 2. Heard the kids had too much steak last night at their bougie steakhouse.
I agree. I'm taking the Mount too.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:16 am
Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:08 am
High Point -5.5
I agree. I'm taking the Mount too.
Setting up for the Book to take one to the chin today...
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Marquette game could be interesting. They seemed to wake up in the fourth quarter of their last game. Feel like they either win or get blown out. If had to make a choice would say they get blown out.

Denver will struggle to keep
This game within single digits. The talk during the summer was that the transfers would improve the offense and put them over the top. Penoyer has helped but Earley seems to be struggling to make the adjustment to high level division 1. The other issue is the defense seems to have regressed or maybe they aren’t catching people
By surprise this year. Northwestern in a rout.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:17 am Slow Friday as we head into the weekend. Two games pop for me.

First up is Colorado at Marquette. To me these two teams are heading in different directions. After a breakthrough NCAA appearance in 2023, the Golden Eagles have underperformed this year, coming in at 2-4. On the flip side, the Buffaloes are off to a somewhat surprising 4-2 start with one of those losses a respectable 19-14 showing to the reigning national champions. Was the Big East a fraud last year (besides Denver) with 3 teams getting into the tournament? Denver will be the lone representative this year unless a massive upset in the conference tournament.
Buffs -3.5

Obviously the most intriguing matchup of the day is Denver vs Northwestern. I think the Pios have something to prove tonight after a slow 3-2 start. Unfortunately, they won't be able to get right tonight against the Cats. Northwestern just has too many big guns that can penetrate the Denver D. Conversely, the Pios just can't score enough against good defenses. That said, I think it will be close most of the game, but the Champs will pull away.
Northwestern -4.5
There you go, Spidey! Outstanding! You'll have a regular visitor here.

forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:42 am
spidey44 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:17 am Slow Friday as we head into the weekend. Two games pop for me.

Buffs -3.5

Northwestern -4.5

I agree - the commentary instead of just the line makes for a great read.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am I agree - the commentary instead of just the line makes for a great read.
Absolutely.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:42 am

I agree - the commentary instead of just the line makes for a great read.
Need to learn how to do the cleaner insertion of pics...
Attachments
waynes-world.png
waynes-world.png (53.93 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 am
forthelaxofit wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am I agree - the commentary instead of just the line makes for a great read.
Absolutely.
FACTS
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Do you have any early lines on tomorrow's Stony Book/ Hopkins game? Two teams both moving in the right direction, but potential look ahead game for Stony Brook.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Could be completely wrong, but I think Temple gives USC a game today. Not sure what our local bookmaker would put the line at. Just don't trust USC's offense and their goalie has been struggling this year.
laxguy516

Post by laxguy516 »

Hop wins by 2 goals. SBU lethargic after emotional OT win at Cuse then flight to NC
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 am
Absolutely.
+1

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”