Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:24 pm Can I get a money line on Duke?
+195
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Deacon022 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:57 pm
And line for Penn State. Former assistant going against Missy today.
*Live Line*
Actually thought about this one. This is an interesting one. Penn State SHOULD win this going away, but my gut tells me it's going to be close. Already down 1-0 early in the first which means nothing, not to mention Missy needs this W. Penn State has the horses and I think that's enough to get it done.

Penn State -3.5
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:10 pm
Deacon022 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:57 pm
And line for Penn State. Former assistant going against Missy today.
*Live Line*
Actually thought about this one. This is an interesting one. Penn State SHOULD win this going away, but my gut tells me it's going to be close. Already down 1-0 early in the first which means nothing, not to mention Missy needs this W. Penn State has the horses and I think that's enough to get it done.

Penn State -3.5
Surprised PSU is so close right now. Lehigh is a turnover machine 4-3 PSU. And that’s not counting the three shot clock violations PSU forced them into. I’m a Penn State fan on every sport. This year for wlax it’s been super frustrating.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

I think I bought into the Ivy Hype train...
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Geez. I wish Wlax did have sports betting. This is easy. 😆
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:24 am I'll wager an imaginary $500 on Duke getting +4.5. They have to have some pride left.
Just found out this game has a 6pm start time and will be streaming on the ACC network from Koskinen. Sunny with game time temps in the high 60's with a light breeze. Duke will win outright.

I think it will be close. Kenzie Kent has made a huge difference for the Crimson offense since coming east from Upstate. But Duke will rise to the occasion.

Record: 3-1
Balance: $590
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:41 pm Geez. I wish Wlax did have sports betting. This is easy. 😆
All part of my master plan... get them hooked...
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hoping ol' Spidey feels inspired to provide odds on these interesting games later today:

Princeton at Florida
Mercer at Vanderbilt (Usually a quality broadcast.)
Notre Dame at Brown

I wouldn't want to try handicapping these games unless I was threatened with waterboarding, which segues into my next thought--it ain't easy to produce lines on a regular basis--let alone write-ups. So, I propose that write-ups (or lines themselves, for that matter) will only occur when Spidey's muse is present. If she ain't, the rest of us will take what we get and like it. Either that, or we can go pound sand. Ol' Spidey's got a life of his own too, you know. 😉
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:16 am Hoping ol' Spidey feels inspired to provide odds on these interesting games later today:

Princeton at Florida
Mercer at Vanderbilt (Usually a quality broadcast.)
Notre Dame at Brown

I wouldn't want to try handicapping these games unless I was threatened with waterboarding, which segues into my next thought--it ain't easy to produce lines on a regular basis--let alone write-ups. So, I propose that write-ups (or lines themselves, for that matter) will only occur when Spidey's muse is present. If she ain't, the rest of us will take what we get and like it. Either that, or we can go pound sand. Ol' Spidey's got a life of his own too, you know. 😉
I had my eyes on 2 of those 3, but I can go with all three since there is AMPLE interest! Stay tuned sports fans!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Spidey's Sports Book page be like...

spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Today we've got two 1:00 (ET) games and an evening tip-off (yeah yeah, draw)...

Ok, I admit, I bought into the Ivy Hype! And it cost me and my book big $$$. Rumor has it my career is on the line and I may be forced to fire myself! Princeton travels to the Diz and faces a Gators team that is on a roll. There's been a lot of hype around the Ivies and that they are a conference to be reckoned with! I bought into this! Harvard will run away with another big win in Durham! WRONG! Same thing happens today as the Tigers will get a big helping of heat and humidity (temps pushing 80 today) and Florida will keep their streak intact. 20+ goals in 4 straight and coming off an actual 3 game road trip (take note USA Lax Mag), the Gators look to keep the points flowing and will pounce on the Tigers early and often today. The Tigers won't be a pushover however. They played the Hoos tough earlier this year, only losing by 2, but they won't have the gas today against Florida. Florida gets by with a stingy D and a faced pace O today, led by a VERY balanced scoring attack (not the position ;) ). The Gators top 6 goal scorers are all within 4 goals of each other! Crazy efficient use of their offensive weapons!
Florida -3.5

Mercer travels to Nashville to face Vandy coming off a comeback win against ASU. Unfortunately for the Commodores, the hangover will still linger today. In what will prove to be a tightly contested battle, the Bears will be too much. Vandy has been an interested squad to follow this year. Three very close wins and two absolute beatings. This will be their first close loss of the year to change the tide a bit. Mercer continues to beat who they should beat and will want some momentum before they head to Gainesville this weekend. There is some worry the Bears look past Vandy, but I think Eustace keeps her troops focused on one game at a time and they show up ready today.
Mercer -2.5

The 5:00 time slot has Notre Dame traveling to face a top 25 squad and another Ivy team on the come up in Brown. Once again, are the Ivies for real? For the second time today, I say NO! Notre took one on the chin Saturday hosting UVA and they will be chomping at the bit to make up for that blemish. Look for a heavy dose of Wolak and Ahern today. And if either of those two are cold, look for Choma to fill the stat sheet for them. I don't think this one will be close. The Irish got the wake up call they needed Saturday and losing 2 of 3 hurts. Things won't get easier for the Irish since they get to turn around and roll to what they hope won't be Heartbreak Hill post game facing BC this weekend. They want to go in hot and confident. Look for Notre Dame to get up early and not let off the gas.
Irish -5.5

And for fun and because I think it's a cool story for a new program off to a very nice/hot start...Rider @ Presbyterian. The 5-1 Broncs take on the 0-5 (looks up Presbyterian's mascot....) Blue Hose (What the heck on this page could have named that mascot/nickname before I just told you right there???). This one will be a bloodbath. The Broncs roll more than OJ here (booooooooooo).
Rider -12.5

And thank you all for hopefully enjoying my BS. I know a lot of you are much more well versed in the college game than I am, but I've got my opinions and thoughts and gut feels... So just having fun with this and hope you all continue enjoying some light-heartedness here...
OuttaNowhereWregget

I'll wager $100 on Florida aka Gainesville State (per Seacoaster) giving 3-1/2. Something about Florida though, you're never quite sure which Gators team will show up, hence my hesitancy to wager more. I think Princeton will get exposed here as being over ranked. Folks still assessing them from their glory days. Apparently, they ain't heard the Boss tell 'em that they'll pass you by.

Random thought: just to mix things up Spidey, how about losing the hook on some of the odds upcoming. Sometimes a push is fun for the Book to nail--not to mention bail out a bettor about to lose his shirt. But it ain't my book so do with the thought as you see fit.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:33 am I'll wager $100 on Florida aka Gainesville State (per Seacoaster) giving 3-1/2. Something about Florida though, you're never quite sure which Gators team will show up, hence my hesitancy to wager more. I think Princeton will get exposed here as being over ranked. Folks still assessing them from their glory days. Apparently, they ain't heard the Boss tell 'em that they'll pass you by.

Random thought: just to mix things up Spidey, how about losing the hook on some of the odds upcoming. Sometimes a push is fun for the Book to nail--not to mention bail out a bettor about to lose his shirt. But it ain't my book so do with the thought as you see fit.
Noted...definitely will try to mix it up ;)
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:33 am I'll wager $100 on Florida aka Gainesville State (per Seacoaster) giving 3-1/2. Something about Florida though, you're never quite sure which Gators team will show up, hence my hesitancy to wager more. I think Princeton will get exposed here as being over ranked. Folks still assessing them from their glory days. Apparently, they ain't heard the Boss tell 'em that they'll pass you by.

Book making some back...
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:52 pm

Book making some back...
Absolutely. You nailed that line. $110 back to the Book.

Record: 3-2
Balance: $480
OuttaNowhereWregget

Hoping Spidey comes up with odds for Michigan at Rutgers...

spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am Hoping Spidey comes up with odds for Michigan at Rutgers...

The ONLY game that jumps out at me today. Obviously...
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Today Michigan travels to Rutgers in the highest profile match of the day. The Wolverines bring a perfect 8-0 record into SHI Stadium (assuming they are playing in the stadium). Rutgers on the other hand has a couple close losses notched thus far but those two games are their closest games of the season. As I see it, today will be another close game, and unfortunately for the Scarlet Knights, this one will end the same way. Michigan is battle tested in and out of conference, although they appear to be a bit inconsistent. Look for Smith and Dyer to be the key to the Big Blue offense as they go up a pretty stingy Rutgers D (8.8 GAA). If Spilis can be contained, it will be a long day for the Scarlet Knights, but I think she'll get loose.

Michigan -3
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:20 pm Today Michigan travels to Rutgers in the highest profile match of the day. The Wolverines bring a perfect 8-0 record into SHI Stadium (assuming they are playing in the stadium). Rutgers on the other hand has a couple close losses notched thus far but those two games are their closest games of the season. As I see it, today will be another close game, and unfortunately for the Scarlet Knights, this one will end the same way. Michigan is battle tested in and out of conference, although they appear to be a bit inconsistent. Look for Smith and Dyer to be the key to the Big Blue offense as they go up a pretty stingy Rutgers D (8.8 GAA). If Spilis can be contained, it will be a long day for the Scarlet Knights, but I think she'll get loose.

Michigan -3
Spidey, you nailed another one. How did Mona Lisa Vito say it, "Dead on balls accurate" or something? You got a knack for this.
spidey44

Saturday March 16 Slate

Post by spidey44 »

Today I've picked out seven matchups that seem intriguing. Some statement games on tap to be sure.

I gave an early line on the ND @ BC game at BC -3.5 and I think that stands firm. Notre Dame is a bit of an enigma this year (every year??). Gutted one out vs Brown after a tough loss to UVA and a close win vs UNC. Can they come out and look like the team that knocked off the champs, or will they put out another lackluster performance? I think they come out ready to play and will play well. Unfortunately, the Eagles just have too many weapons to try and stop. Davis has so many options to feed, she just needs to find one Irish defender sleeping on the job. I think we a have a 1 point game at the half, but the Eagles pull away just enough in the second half to ice it and spoil the pre St. Paddy's Day party for the Irish.
BC -3.5

Duke heads north to face a familiar face and the Hokies. While Tech hasn't proved they can run with the big dogs yet, they do beat who they should beat. Look for the Hokies to get up early on Duke with a balanced attack. The Blue Devils are relying too heavily on DeSimone (24 more goals than anyone else) and won't have enough to keep up with the Hokies. It won't be a run away W for VT, but Skiera will get her second in a row against her former coach. This is a battle for Middle of the ACC Pack Champion (although, I think Clemson will get that title again this year).
Hokies -2

In what has quickly become a "must win" for both teams, UNC heads to the Dome to face Syracuse. Neither team wants another notch in the L column so both teams should be ready to play. I have this as my Game o' the Week (I'm sure some will have BC/ND, but I think this one will be better). Neither team has found their "it" girl yet, but both feature a balanced scoring attack with multiple threats. Home field advantage will be big for the Orange, but today it won't be enough. Levy will have her squad poised and ready today and will come out with the victory.
UNC -2.5

Another good matchup today is an out of conference tilt with Michigan traveling to Historic Franklin Field. Both teams come in undefeated and out to prove they are a top team and legit title contender. Even writing this bit has me going back and forth where I see this game going. Penn's schedule thus far hasn't been extremely tough while the Wolverines have been battle tested quite a bit. Penn's job today is to shutdown the duo of Dyer and Smith and if the Quakers can manage that, they have a legitimate shot at knocking off Michigan. Look for this to be a low scoring affair with ample defense. I think the Blue proves to be too much today and the #6 Wolverines will give Penn their first loss of the season.
Michigan -2.5

Penn State travels to Cornell for an important matchup for the Nittany Lions. With 4 losses already, and the meat of their schedule still on deck, Penn State needs this one today to have any thoughts of making the post season (they won't). Even though I'm less than impressed, Penn State has the horses today on the road and will pull this one out. That said, I wouldn't be shocked in the least if the Big Red pull this one out.
Reluctantly Penn State -1.5

Clemson looks to even up their in conference record at 2-2 today as the Tigers host Louisville. While their record may not show it, Louisville is a pesky bunch and their two imports from WAY across the pond have proved to be legit threats on the field. But today, Clemson will do what it does best, beat up on teams that they should beat up on. This one won't be close and the Tigers will run up the score if given the opportunity.
Clemson -8

Last game on the docket today has Northwestern hosting the Blue Jays of Johns Hopkins. This is the first B1G game of the year for both teams. It appears the Wildcats will stay indoors today as well in the cozy comforts of Ryan Fieldhouse. Not sure that's as big a home field advantage for the defending champs as playing in the elements would, but it none the less won't slow the Cats down. The front four for NW is just too much today for the Jays to handle. A combined 96 goals between the four, and I've got them for a combined 11 today (+180). Look for Northwestern winning this one going away.
NW -7.5

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”