Spidey's Sports Book

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Spidey's Sports Book

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

spidey44 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 am No write up time today (maybe some time a bit later)
Florida -1.5
Syracuse -4.5
MD -3
Notre Dame -9.5
BC -2.5
Stanford -6.5
Navy - 6.5
Record: 8-9
Bankroll: $585

Wagering:
$200 - Syracuse -4.5 at Clemson
$200 - Maryland -3 vs Penn St
$200 - USC +6.5 at Stanford
$100 - Army +6.5 at Navy
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:58 am
spidey44 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 am No write up time today (maybe some time a bit later)
Florida -1.5
Syracuse -4.5
MD -3
Notre Dame -9.5
BC -2.5
Stanford -6.5
Navy - 6.5
Record: 8-9
Bankroll: $585

Wagering:
$200 - Syracuse -4.5 at Clemson +200
$200 - Maryland -3 vs Penn St -220
$200 - USC +6.5 at Stanford +200
$100 - Army +6.5 at Navy +100
Record: 11-10
Bankroll: $865
OuttaNowhereWregget

Anything on these three?

Loyola at Penn
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Maryland at Princeton
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:29 pm Anything on these three?

Loyola at Penn
Maryland at Princeton
Sorry ONW! Daughter had a game Wednesday so I was on the road.

Don't see anything that jumps out at me so if you're looking at any particular games, I'll jump on them. Kind of a meh day for lax. Lots of non-exciting games today. I am however looking forward to conference tournies heating up.
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:29 pm Anything on these three?

Loyola at Penn
Maryland at Princeton
Sorry ONW! Daughter had a game Wednesday so I was on the road.

Don't see anything that jumps out at me so if you're looking at any particular games, I'll jump on them. Kind of a meh day for lax. Lots of non-exciting games today. I am however looking forward to conference tournies heating up.
No problem at all. We all have lives to navigate.

I thought three of the Ivy League tussles today might be interesting.

Brown at Penn
Dartmouth at Princeton
Yale at Cornell
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Brown at Penn - Feel like Penn handles the Bears today. Last regular season home game. Quakers run away with it. Keeping the line lower than I'd like, but I definitely lean towards Penn minus the points.
Penn -5.5

Dartmouth at Princeton - Princeton with really no "bad" losses this year, will win convincingly at home against Dartmouth.
Princeton -4

Yale at Cornell - Yale will stay undefeated in Ivy play today. Cornell no match for the Bulldogs
Yale -6.5
spidey44

ACC Quarters

Post by spidey44 »

Syracuse vs Louisville
Cuse rolled easy in their matchup a few weeks ago. Today the Orange won't have much trouble with the Cardinals, but Louisville keeps this one a little closer. They've had an up and down season this year, but they showed great effort against a VT team they had lost to earlier in the year. Louisville has some nice pieces, but can they keep the momentum rolling today? They'll put up a decent fight, but the Orange still prevails to move into the semis.
Syracuse -6.5

UNC vs UVA
The most anticipated game on the slate today. A 1 point Heels victory early in the season sets up a fantastic rematch today. Unless the Heels can run the table, UNC will have their most losses in over a decade. Today they won't add to that tally as they take another from the Hoos. I wouldn't ever count out a Jenny Levy team led, even one decimated by injury. Today will be another close battle, but the Heels pull this one out.
UNC -2

Notre Dame vs Clemson
Can we all agree that Clemson is more hype than substance at this point? Sure they have some pretty good freshmen, but their woefully weak OOC schedule does them no favors when they come up against the big guns. Notre Dame underestimated them previously this year but came out on top. The three pack of Wolak, Choma, and Ahern will pound the Tigers today with (o/u) 10 goals today. Clemson keeps it close through the first half, but the Irish pull away in the second.

Notre Dame -4.5

Boston College vs Duke
The late night draw tonight and last game of the evening. BC absolutely rolled the Blue Devils earlier this year. Today could be an important resume game for Duke. I'm not buying what some are selling saying they'll get an at-large bid. I should rephrase that...while I don't think they should be an at-large, unfortunately I think they are. This game could seal it for them IF they can a) put up a good fight and keep this one close, or b)win outright. I think the former is much more likely although I'm not sure that happens either. I doubt the running clock befalls the Blue Devils today, but they just don't have the weapons to keep up with the high flying Eagles.

BC -7
Last edited by spidey44 on Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brownlax

Re: ACC Quarters

Post by Brownlax »

spidey44 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am Syracuse vs Louisville
Cuse rolled easy in their matchup a few weeks ago. Today the Orange won't have much trouble with the Cardinals, but Louisville keeps this one a little closer. They've had an up and down season this year, but they showed great effort against a VT team they had lost to earlier in the year. Louisville has some nice pieces, but can they keep the momentum rolling today? They'll put up a decent fight, but the Orange still prevails to move into the semis.
Syracuse -6.5

UNC vs UVA
The most anticipated game on the slate today. A 1 point Hoos victory early in the season sets up a fantastic rematch today. Unless the Heels can run the table, UNC will have their most losses in over a decade. Today they won't add to that tally as they exact revenge on the Cavs. I wouldn't ever count out a Jenny Levy team led, even one decimated by injury. Today will be another close battle, but the Heels pull this one out.
UNC -2

Notre Dame vs Clemson
Can we all agree that Clemson is more hype than substance at this point? Sure they have some pretty good freshmen, but their woefully weak OOC schedule does them no favors when they come up against the big guns. Notre Dame underestimated them previously this year but came out on top. The three pack of Wolak, Choma, and Ahern will pound the Tigers today with (o/u) 10 goals today. Clemson keeps it close through the first half, but the Irish pull away in the second.

Notre Dame -4.5

Boston College vs Duke
The late night draw tonight and last game of the evening. BC absolutely rolled the Blue Devils earlier this year. Today could be an important resume game for Duke. I'm not buying what some are selling saying they'll get an at-large bid. I should rephrase that...while I don't think they should be an at-large, unfortunately I think they are. This game could seal it for them IF they can a) put up a good fight and keep this one close, or b)win outright. I think the former is much more likely although I'm not sure that happens either. I doubt the running clock befalls the Blue Devils today, but they just don't have the weapons to keep up with the high flying Eagles.

BC -7
Spidey- “minor” correction for UNC vs UVA - the Heels won the 1st matchup 10-9 in Charlottesville.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Brownlax wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:31 am
spidey44 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am Syracuse vs Louisville
Syracuse -6.5

UNC vs UVA
The most anticipated game on the slate today. A 1 point Hoos victory early in the season sets up a fantastic rematch today. Unless the Heels can run the table, UNC will have their most losses in over a decade. Today they won't add to that tally as they exact revenge on the Cavs. I wouldn't ever count out a Jenny Levy team led, even one decimated by injury. Today will be another close battle, but the Heels pull this one out.
UNC -2

Notre Dame vs Clemson

Notre Dame -4.5

Boston College vs Duke

BC -7
Spidey- “minor” correction for UNC vs UVA - the Heels won the 1st matchup 10-9 in Charlottesville.
AH! Good catch. Too early this morning...coffee still setting in...fixing!
OuttaNowhereWregget

spidey44 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am UNC vs UVA
The most anticipated game on the slate today. A 1 point Heels victory early in the season sets up a fantastic rematch today. Unless the Heels can run the table, UNC will have their most losses in over a decade. Today they won't add to that tally as they take another from the Hoos. I wouldn't ever count out a Jenny Levy team led, even one decimated by injury. Today will be another close battle, but the Heels pull this one out.
UNC -2

Notre Dame vs Clemson

Notre Dame -4.5

I'll wager $100 on Ginny getting a deuce.
I'll wager $200 on Notre Dame winning by 5 goals or more.
I'll also wager $100 on the The Big Irish Trio going over 10 goals.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Is the “Clemson hype” people refer to just because they opened a beautiful new facility and people don’t think they earned it? They were ranked preseason right where they have hung out the entire time which is 20-RV. Personally I think they are right in the 23-25 area. Obviously a young team with 5 freshmen playing big minutes from the glimpses I have seen (I will agree the camera angle is absolutely awful and someone should be in trouble over).

I gotta say they have more than exceeded expectations in my book, starting a program in the ACC with only 1 year to recruit. Pitt had a year to recruit AND a year zero with 0 ACC wins in the last 2 years to show for it.

Look at Xavier who started same year and has not gained ground. I think once FSU starts up, their may be a greater appreciation for what Kwolek has done in these first few years (with outside stressors added too) and greater appreciation for what Pitt has done too.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

flushlax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 pm Is the “Clemson hype” people refer to just because they opened a beautiful new facility and people don’t think they earned it? They were ranked preseason right where they have hung out the entire time which is 20-RV. Personally I think they are right in the 23-25 area. Obviously a young team with 5 freshmen playing big minutes from the glimpses I have seen (I will agree the camera angle is absolutely awful and someone should be in trouble over).

I gotta say they have more than exceeded expectations in my book, starting a program in the ACC with only 1 year to recruit. Pitt had a year to recruit AND a year zero with 0 ACC wins in the last 2 years to show for it.

Look at Xavier who started same year and has not gained ground. I think once FSU starts up, their may be a greater appreciation for what Kwolek has done in these first few years (with outside stressors added too) and greater appreciation for what Pitt has done too.
I think the hype people refer to is based on what have they done to deserve to be ranked at all? They beat Duke the last 2 years. That's it. Their OOC is a joke. They only won 3 ACC games this year. Shouldn't a top 20 program beat a legit top 20 team at some point?
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:09 am
spidey44 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:17 am UNC vs UVA
UNC -2

Notre Dame vs Clemson

Notre Dame -4.5

I'll wager $100 on Ginny getting a deuce.
I'll wager $200 on Notre Dame winning by 5 goals or more.
I'll also wager $100 on the The Big Irish Trio going over 10 goals.

+$100 Ginny +2
-$220 Notre Dame -4.5
-$110 Trio goals over 10
-$230 Ouch.

Record: 12-12
Bankroll: $635
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 pm Is the “Clemson hype” people refer to just because they opened a beautiful new facility and people don’t think they earned it? They were ranked preseason right where they have hung out the entire time which is 20-RV. Personally I think they are right in the 23-25 area. Obviously a young team with 5 freshmen playing big minutes from the glimpses I have seen (I will agree the camera angle is absolutely awful and someone should be in trouble over).

I think the hype people refer to is based on what have they done to deserve to be ranked at all? They beat Duke the last 2 years. That's it. Their OOC is a joke. They only won 3 ACC games this year. Shouldn't a top 20 program beat a legit top 20 team at some point?
THIS ^^^

They have a lot of potential now with some young talent and not just transfers. But their best win the last 2 years is Duke and Duke (as hmmm pointed out). They were talking on the broadcast yesterday if they beat ND, that could get them in. I STILL don't think that should have been enough based on who they play. Don't get me wrong, I think what they are doing will work, but so much hype for a team that just hasn't done anything on the field yet.

FSU administration REALLY doesn't want lacrosse. Every day that goes by without a coach being named hammers that in more and more. I expect nothing from them. Not sure the ACC would even let them play in the league given FSU is suing them :lol:

I'd really like to see Pitt get going. I think they have the right coach in place and good admin backing. I was really hoping they would have pulled out that second ACC win against Clemson last week...so close!
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

OOC

I would be more apt to listen to people complain about their schedule if the facts supported anything that hmmm or spidey44 are saying. It is a 2nd year program who has the 19th hardest schedule according to the only metric that matters in the NCAA. Let’s compare OOC schedules. I will say that their first year schedule OOC was a joke. This year was improved greatly by just looking at it.

NR-Clemson- Davidson, Furman, Wofford, Coastal Carolina, Mercer, Queens

#25 Harvard- Colgate (dead last), Georgetown (4th/5th in conference), VCU (non qualifier), Duke (anyone watch the bc game), High Point (2nd in conference), Merrimack (not great), Stonehill (converted d2 team)

#24 Duke has Harvard, Navy, High Point, Winthrop, JHU, liberty, ECU, Campbell

#23- Colorado has Louisville, PSU, St joes, Kent state, central Michigan, Marquette, northwestern

#22- Fairfield- holy cross, UConn, Albany, Hofstra, UVM, Drexel

#21- USC- army, nova, Hofstra, Mich, Towson, Hopkins, vcu, temple, Dartmouth

Just to make sure we know the SOS for these schools

Duke-13
Clemson-19
Navy-43
Harvard- 50
Colorado-35
Fairfield-64
USC-45

I would be interested to see what you would want Florida State to do for their 2nd year schedule? What teams would you put on when they are joining an ACC conference with 5 of the top 12 teams in the country?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Yes Clemson has one of the hardest overall schedules. As does EVERY ACC team. All ten ACC teams are in the top 26 SOS. They are top heavy. Point is Clemson isn't beating any of the top ACC teams (which isn't necessarily going to hurt them), BUT they need something on their resume if they want to make the tourney. They finished 7th in the conference so I can't put them in the tournament. The ACC is a monster for sure, but it's going to take a while for Clemson to even break into the top 5 of the conference. And I don't think Duke should be in the tourney either...
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:43 am Yes Clemson has one of the hardest overall schedules. As does EVERY ACC team. All ten ACC teams are in the top 26 SOS. They are top heavy. Point is Clemson isn't beating any of the top ACC teams (which isn't necessarily going to hurt them), BUT they need something on their resume if they want to make the tourney. They finished 7th in the conference so I can't put them in the tournament. The ACC is a monster for sure, but it's going to take a while for Clemson to even break into the top 5 of the conference. And I don't think Duke should be in the tourney either...
What should their OOC be though? Maybe that question is more for hmmm who says their OOC is a joke. Give me more than just calling it a joke. Lay out what the OOC should look like for USF or FSU in two years. USF will probably add Florida (which makes sense given the weakening of the AAC with their departure), but who else should be on it?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Picking a fight with hmmm regarding Clemson's OOC schedule? Shouldn't orta done that. He's gonna run circles around you. You'll be crying RPI Uncle!! any minute now...

flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 am Picking a fight with hmmm regarding Clemson's OOC schedule? Shouldn't orta done that. He's gonna run circles around you. You'll be crying RPI Uncle!! any minute now...

Not a fight per say, I am more interested in these new programs and what the "correct" way to schedule is? Seems like he has several strong opinions on it.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

flushlax77 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 am Picking a fight with hmmm regarding Clemson's OOC schedule? Shouldn't orta done that. He's gonna run circles around you. You'll be crying RPI Uncle!! any minute now...

Not a fight per say, I am more interested in these new programs and what the "correct" way to schedule is? Seems like he has several strong opinions on it.
It depends on the program. Pitt isn't good enough right now to schedule any differently than they do. Clemson is completely different than any of the other recent new programs in my opinion. They're good enough to make the NCAA tournament. They got a ton of good transfers and had the #4 ranked freshman class this year. Last year, their schedule made sense for them. This year it should have been adjusted to look more like a team that felt like they were a top 25 team. They left themselves no margin for error and losing to L'Ville sunk their season. Lacrosse Reference posted on Twitter today that if they hadn't lost that game against L'Ville they would be bubble in.

As Spidey pointed out, all ACC teams will have high SOS because of the in conference games. Did you know that Clemson, while their SOS is 20 currently, has the lowest SOS of any team in the ACC? The problem for Clemson is, they don't win any of the games in conference that would help them. Clemson only scheduled teams OOC they pretty much knew they would beat. Duke is their best win with an RPI of 30. Coastal is next with an RPI of 40. In my opinion, you're better off losing to a top 20 RPI team than you are beating a sub 40 RPI team. Look at Hopkins last year. They only finished 8-8 in regular season and B1G tournament. But every OOC team they lost to made the NCAA tournament. They didn't have a great OOC win, Albany was the best, but they challenged themselves. I believe their RPI was around 15 when the season ended meaning they were safely in the tournament. If Clemson swaps out some of the bad teams they played for Loyola, Florida, JMU, Stony Brook, Hopkins, Michigan, MD, PSU, Penn, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Brown, USC, Stanford, Colorado, Navy, UMass, Richmond, etc. they would be in a much better spot. First off, they can beat some of those teams and winning one or two of those would have had them in the tournament easily. Secondly, replacing the sub 80 RPI teams on the schedule with top 25 RPI teams will greatly increase your own RPI. Right now Clemson is at 26 with no good wins and a bad loss to L'Ville. That just won't get it done. If you swap out the bottom 3 teams from their schedule, Wofford(RPI 100), Queens(81), Furman(80) with 3 of the teams from that list, Clemson would likely have a top 20 RPI even if they lost all 3 of them. It would also move their SOS into the top 10.

In my opinion, Clemson is a top 25 team this year without question. Their schedule just didn't allow them to show it.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”