Top 25 for 2024

HS Boys Lacrosse
grelch

Re: Top 25 for 2024

Post by grelch »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:30 pm
grelch wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 pm Does anyone know if there's a stream for St. A's v MP? I can't find one yet.
sfbn appears to be streaming it. They even provide commentary! Search sfbn on YouTube.
Nice. Thank you.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

grelch wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:34 pm
grelch wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:19 pm Does anyone know if there's a stream for St. A's v MP? I can't find one yet.
sfbn appears to be streaming it. They even provide commentary! Search sfbn on YouTube.
Nice. Thank you.
According to the St. Anthony's website, the game has been postponed till tomorrow 4/4, looks like still 7 PM.
grelch

Post by grelch »

I've seen the 3rd (which it clearly wasn't), the 4th, 6th and 7th. I'm assuming it'll be tomorrow.
coda

Post by coda »

sfbn appears to be streaming it. They even provide commentary! Search sfbn on YouTube. 4/4 at 7:00 p.m.
Inside Lacrosse used to have an article highlighting the top HS match-ups of the week and usually had a link to the games on it. Not sure why they got rid of it.. Malvern has St Anthony's tonight and Lawrenceville on Saturday.. Lawrenceville goes Malvern (sat), Brunswick (weds), and St Anthony's (Sat).. That's the top 3 teams going at it over the 10 days..
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Game of the year coming up with Malvern and Lawrenceville. While not all listed (by any means) with a college commitment, Malvern with an absurd number of players listed in recruits by IL, 20 seniors and 29 juniors, with only one soph and one frosh noted. They can’t really have 50 players on varsity, right? And all but 2 be senior/juniors. Surely some of those must be JV guys who are still getting recruited (happens at top preps), maybe who dress varsity but also play JV? By comparison, L’ville with 15 seniors and 12 juniors. Malvern played a wicked schedule but lost 7 games this last year, I didn’t really see them as a freight train but with this many old guys on the team, last year much have been young.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:36 pm Game of the year coming up with Malvern and Lawrenceville. While not all listed (by any means) with a college commitment, Malvern with an absurd number of players listed in recruits by IL, 20 seniors and 29 juniors, with only one soph and one frosh noted. They can’t really have 50 players on varsity, right? And all but 2 be senior/juniors. Surely some of those must be JV guys who are still getting recruited (happens at top preps), maybe who dress varsity but also play JV? By comparison, L’ville with 15 seniors and 12 juniors. Malvern played a wicked schedule but lost 7 games this last year, I didn’t really see them as a freight train but with this many old guys on the team, last year much have been young.
20 seniors and 29 juniors...and I have noticed this season how short the benches are for even the best publics in Nassau. Yet to see a team even dressing 29. Maybe Set is close but I don't think so
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Obviously Philly is one of the hotbeds, but is more top heavy (more kids competing for spots at fewer private schools) than other top areas for lacrosse?
Finster

Post by Finster »

flyerfan17 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:26 am
pcowlax wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:36 pm Game of the year coming up with Malvern and Lawrenceville. While not all listed (by any means) with a college commitment, Malvern with an absurd number of players listed in recruits by IL, 20 seniors and 29 juniors, with only one soph and one frosh noted. They can’t really have 50 players on varsity, right? And all but 2 be senior/juniors. Surely some of those must be JV guys who are still getting recruited (happens at top preps), maybe who dress varsity but also play JV? By comparison, L’ville with 15 seniors and 12 juniors. Malvern played a wicked schedule but lost 7 games this last year, I didn’t really see them as a freight train but with this many old guys on the team, last year much have been young.
20 seniors and 29 juniors...and I have noticed this season how short the benches are for even the best publics in Nassau. Yet to see a team even dressing 29. Maybe Set is close but I don't think so

Not much rest for Malvern. The game against L-ville is tomorrow the 6th. L-ville just wrecked St Ignatius of CA.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Apparently even the earth in NJ is excited for this game.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

We (Northport) have 43 kids dressing on the varsity roster. And I think the other big Suffolk A schools are similar. But yeah, it's absolutely nuts how many kids will go to a private school to sit on the bench or play JV.
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Similar situation in Boston area. Public schools, with growing lacrosse programs 5-10 years ago, are now unable to field freshman and JV teams. All the “good” kids feel pressured to go play private.

It appears lacrosse is once again a prep school sport like squash and crew.

And to be totally honest, from my anecdotal experience, I blame it on 3D. They are worse then used care salesmen with pressuring my youth players to re-class and leave the publics.
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:13 am

Not much rest for Malvern. The game against L-ville is tomorrow the 6th. L-ville just wrecked St Ignatius of CA.
7-2 LVille 4Q just starting.. Defenses are looking really good here. Kind of game you are surprised when a dodger gets a step
coda

Post by coda »

9-4 LVille… Really impresssed with the Malvern defense. Probably the best collection of SSDMs I have seen in HS.
Finster

Post by Finster »

coda wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:31 pm 9-4 LVille… Really impresssed with the Malvern defense. Probably the best collection of SSDMs I have seen in HS.

I feel like the best bet to take down Lawrenceville will be St Anthony’s. Fearless kids. I don’t think Brunswick is the same this year they’ve been. Random Observer can chime in better; he’s got a good handle on who is who in high school lacrosse.
random observer

Post by random observer »

Finster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:23 am
coda wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:31 pm 9-4 LVille… Really impresssed with the Malvern defense. Probably the best collection of SSDMs I have seen in HS.

I feel like the best bet to take down Lawrenceville will be St Anthony’s. Fearless kids. I don’t think Brunswick is the same this year they’ve been. Random Observer can chime in better; he’s got a good handle on who is who in high school lacrosse.
I'm not sure St. Anthony's has enough offensively to challenge Lawrenceville this year. Brunswick has a better shot IMO. They've started to get into gear these last two games against Darien and Loomis. Tight defense, a balanced offense, and dominant FOGO to feed possessions. Tbh I thought Malvern was the best bet on Lawrenceville's schedule for a loss.
Finster

Post by Finster »

random observer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 am

I'm not sure St. Anthony's has enough offensively to challenge Lawrenceville this year. Brunswick has a better shot IMO. They've started to get into gear these last two games against Darien and Loomis. Tight defense, a balanced offense, and dominant FOGO to feed possessions. Tbh I thought Malvern was the best bet on Lawrenceville's schedule for a loss.

Thanks. It’ll be interesting seeing the results.

(I never rule out St Anthony’s because that coach has an uncanny knack of rising to the occasion).
coda

Post by coda »

I would agree with that. Malvern is really talented and has perhaps the best personnel on defense in the nation. I was surprised at how even the faceoffs were. I thought Malvern would do better. LVille hadn’t been dominant at the V this year compared to last year. It’s part of the reason I have given up guessing which FOGO will win the day. It’s all about individual match-ups. Just from initial viewing Malvern lost the game, because of clearing. Based on Malvern/St. Anthony’s game and the LVille/Malvern game, it’s hard to pick St Anthony’s, but you never know
Finster

Post by Finster »

Tip of the cap to you, bro. You know your high school lax.

Wick wins in OT!!!
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

L-Ville vs St. Anthony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9NS0bOW8Y

2nd quarter now
coda

Post by coda »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:59 pm L-Ville vs St. Anthony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9NS0bOW8Y