Polls

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Just so we're all on the same page...again

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Maybe some of you didn't get the memo--
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:35 am Lookit--I'm not getting into pissing contests with those of you who want to come at me with insults and/or skewed perspectives of what you think I said. My days of going back and forth with that happy crappy are over. I may send you off with a sentiment or a gif or both. After that? You go on the Pay No Mind list--which means your posts will hereafter be ignored.

It's a very simple equation from my vantage. If you don't like what I write then don't read it. It's hard to miss me – I'm the guy with Ken Wregget the goalie making a great save profile picture to the right of, or above, everything I post.

We all clear? Outstanding.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
LaxGnome22

Re: Polls

Post by LaxGnome22 »

Assuming you can see this post, where do you put someone on the ignored list? Would love to be able to filter my content.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:11 pm Assuming you can see this post, where do you put someone on the ignored list? Would love to be able to filter my content.
Disregard. I found it. Users preferences and then you put them under foes.

Kinda sucks though. It tells you when someone posts and all you have to do is click on the link to see it. Although I don’t believe in blocking people on any forum, I rather not see someone posting at all. Like a mute button on Twitter.
Last edited by LaxGnome22 on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justalaxdad

Re: Just so we're all on the same page...again

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:59 pm Image

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:35 am Lookit--I'm not getting into pissing contests with those of you who want to come at me with insults and/or skewed perspectives of what you think I said. My days of going back and forth with that happy crappy are over. I may send you off with a sentiment or a gif or both. After that? You go on the Pay No Mind list--which means your posts will hereafter be ignored.

It's a very simple equation from my vantage. If you don't like what I write then don't read it. It's hard to miss me – I'm the guy with Ken Wregget the goalie making a great save profile picture to the right of, or above, everything I post.

As you always say, show me where I insulted you OR skewed what you said...I'll wait (that's right, you blocked me) :roll:
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

That Laxnumbers site mentioned the other day has
1. UVA
2. UNC
3. Yale
4. Loyola
5. Stanford
6. SBU
7. Maryland
8. Cuse
9. Princeton
10. NU

Interesting take. I would take a few of them out. A few of them farther out than some others.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

Does ONW need another timeout? Usually stops the bickering for a minute. Although it is far too entertaining for that to happen in my opinion.

Since I spend the $120.00 on ESPN+, I threw on the battle of upstate South Carolina today. Despite the beat down, I wanted to say Wofford has one of the nicest grass fields I have seen. Looks like that thing has been barely touched.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

flushlax77 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:10 pm Despite the beat down, I wanted to say Wofford has one of the nicest grass fields I have seen. Looks like that thing has been barely touched.
It's all that Panthers money from Jerry Richardson.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

cltlax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:52 am
flushlax77 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:10 pm Despite the beat down, I wanted to say Wofford has one of the nicest grass fields I have seen. Looks like that thing has been barely touched.
I noticed that too. So nice looking I couldn't tell if it was turf! Clemson, take note!!!
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

spidey44 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:18 am
cltlax wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:52 am
I noticed that too. So nice looking I couldn't tell if it was turf! Clemson, take note!!!
Really nice facilities for such a small school (less than 2,000 students).
cltlax

Re: Just so we're all on the same page...again

Post by cltlax »

Justalaxdad wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:31 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:59 pm Image

As you always say, show me where I insulted you OR skewed what you said...I'll wait (that's right, you blocked me) :roll:
Glad to be included in such an illustrious list.
flushlax77

Post by flushlax77 »

I also might be on the blocked list, but this is why ONW and his poll is not a great jumping off point for targeted discussion.

From his twitter:

1. Northwestern
2. Boston College
3. Maryland
4. Michigan
5. Virginia

6. Loyola
7. Johns Hopkins
8. Florida
9. Denver
10. JMU

11. Penn
12. North Carolina
13. Syracuse
14. Stony Brook
15. Notre Dame

16. Yale
17. Brown
18. Penn St
19. Duke
20. Virginia Tech

Now you may ask who won the game between Brown and Harvard played last weekend on Saturday? Harvard did.

In his last rankings from Sunday…Harvard was 17. They have dropped out now after losing by 2 to his new #19!? Duke.

Let’s see what 4-4 Duke who is now ranked 19 have lost too
6-1 Navy by 1 (unranked)
6-2 Clemson by 9 (unranked)
4-3 Syracuse by 10 (ranked 13th)
7-2 JHU by 4 (Ranked 7th)

So losing to 2 “unranked teams” in his estimations is worthy of 17. Not Drexel who is 6-1 with wins over his #19 Penn State (whole other break down is needed) or Fairfield who is 6-1. Instead (much like IL and USA Lax Mag) he plugs in 2 ACC teams.

How do I do that mute thing again?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Top 25 - Week 6

1. Northwestern
2. Michigan
3. Virginia
4. Notre Dame
5. Maryland

6. Syracuse
7. Boston College
8. James Madison
9. Denver
10. Florida

11. Loyola
12. Johns Hopkins
13. Penn
14. Stony Brook
15. North Carolina

16. Yale
17. Brown
18. Duke
19. Stanford
20. USC

21. Navy
22. Louisville
23. Penn State
24. Fairfield
25. Lindenwood
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Really impossible to make this poll up, for what it's worth.

1. Northwestern (the only easy choice on the list; plainly number one until something weird happens)

2. Maryland (I really doubt that Maryland is the second best team in the country, but the Terps are 7-1 and have beaten Syracuse, which is a good team, and JMU, which is a good team. The OT loss to Florida is a blemish, and the sometimes lack of scoring punch is a concern for Terp fans)

3. Michigan (undefeated and beat a good, well-coached Penn team 6-5; hard not to place them in the top five anyway)

4. Syracuse (to repeat, I am a homer, and think this is a good team. I thought the offense looked astonishing against Carolina on Saturday; the kids just looked so happy playing lacrosse together)

5. Notre Dame (beat the No. 1 several weeks ago, and a good BC team at BC; losses to Syracuse and UVA).

6. Virginia (swap with BC? Probably, but the head to head is a long way off)

7. Boston College (lost to Notre Dame in a game I think BC should have won; over-reliant on Clark for "goals when we need'em". I don't think this offense has found its mojo, and I think the parts are there).

8. Loyola (OK, weird game at West Point on Saturday, but still undefeated and with a few good wins)

9. James Madison

10. Denver

Florida, JHU, Penn, Yale (nice W at Rutgers on Sunday), Stony Brook and Carolina all just outside the top ten.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Top 25 - Week 6

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:23 am 1. Northwestern
2. Michigan
3. Virginia
4. Notre Dame
5. Maryland

6. Syracuse
7. Boston College
8. James Madison
9. Denver
10. Florida

11. Loyola
12. Johns Hopkins
13. Penn
14. Stony Brook
15. North Carolina

16. Yale
17. Brown
18. Duke
19. Stanford
20. USC

21. Navy
22. Louisville
23. Penn State
24. Fairfield
25. Lindenwood
Just FTR, I don't think any of this is crazy; I think this is a little bit of a crazy year. I am just a doubter on Virginia being the third best team in the country, and I think BC plummets too far after the loss to the Catholics. I think tothedraw is right: it's going to be a really interesting April and May.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Top 25 - Week 6

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:53 am Just FTR, I don't think any of this is crazy; I think this is a little bit of a crazy year. I am just a doubter on Virginia being the third best team in the country, and I think BC plummets too far after the loss to the Catholics. I think tothedraw is right: it's going to be a really interesting April and May.
Sometimes I rank teams based on what I hope they do--which is the case with Ginny. Plus their win over Notre Dame at South Bend looks bigger now. I stuck them at 3, in much the same way I have (10-0) Michigan at 2--there until they prove me wrong. We'll find out soon enough this week with Virginia playing both JMU and Syracuse at Klockner.

BC falling that far I think is warranted, from my perspective anyway, due to the way they played Saturday. Too casual. Sloppy careless passing and too many missed point blank scoring opportunities. For all BC's talent and experience, when it's all said and done their biggest win of the year so far has been #22 UMass who has since fallen off the planet. I'm in a Missouri state of mind when it comes to BC at this point. I appreciate the input though--as always.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Yes, flushlax77, you are indeed on my Pay No Mind list, to confirm your suspicion. I just happened to take a peek – curious if you had posted your own poll. But no, you just take more-intelligent-than-thou potshots at mine--which is what landed you on the ignore list in the first place--your snot-toned condescending assertion that I don't know what I'm talking about, and you do--which begs the question: if you already know that, why are you wasting your time deconstructing an idiot's poll? You already know I don't know anything so what's the point? Oh, right--to puff yourself up by showing how much smarter you are than me. But of course.

While you were looking at my Twitter account, you should have listened to me explain my rationale for my polls. I'm not trying to have a place beside IL Women or USA Lacrosse magazine. I do my own rankings for my own interest and amusement.

You and your ilk could learn a lot about addressing other folks on here respectfully--as has been demonstrated in this very thread by a couple of mensches. I will always respond to such inquiries.

So craft a nice snotty response for me now. It won't be read at this address--but knock yourself out. I'm sure the other readers will be impressed.

LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

My list

1. Northwestern
2. Michigan
3. Virginia
4. Maryland
5. Cuse

6. ND
7. JMU
8. BC
9. Loyola
10. Hopkins

11. Denver
12. Penn
13. Florida
14. UNC
15. Stony

16. USC
17. Yale
18. Stanford
19. Duke
20. Navy

21. Brown
22. Princeton
23. Cornell
24. Fairfield
25. Richmond
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Did UNC not beat Florida 19-10??
ACClaxfan

Post by ACClaxfan »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:27 pm My list

1. Northwestern
2. Michigan
3. Virginia
4. Maryland
5. Cuse

6. ND
7. JMU
8. BC
9. Loyola
10. Hopkins

11. Denver
12. Penn
13. Florida
14. UNC
15. Stony

16. USC
17. Yale
18. Stanford
19. Duke
20. Navy

21. Brown
22. Princeton
23. Cornell
24. Fairfield
25. Richmond
Not bad but unfortunately I think UVA will do as they always seem to do and come crashing back down this week after two difficult games. The draw continues to be an issue and they are going up against two teams who are good at the draw. going to be a long weekend in hoo ville. I feel like USC and Stanford may be too high as they have not beaten any other team on the list . Still way better than I would have done.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

I think UNC is better than Florida, but Florida’s record is better which puts them ahead. Florida has played average not good teams besides Maryland and Princeton which they beat a troubled Maryland offense in OT and Princeton by 3

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”