Stanford Player Gets Red Card for Hit

D1 Womens Lacrosse
intheknow247

Re: Stanford Player Gets Red Card for Hit

Post by intheknow247 »

Watching Belle Smith not move the ball several times, dodge to the goal and get fouled (which drew card) and then constantly cutting for another goal...yeah, that tells it all right there. Again, she is asking to be fouled.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:10 am
forthelaxofit wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:44 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:23 am Watch the clip. The horn had not yet sounded when she applied the hit. There was still time on the clock.
Game over or not - no excuse or justification. You are better than that
Who is better than that--the player?

Whatever the answer, I think we've had just about enough of the self-righteous indignation from those who are spouting it. Which one among us hasn't done mindless things in our late teenage years or early 20's? Which one among us hasn't hurt another human being, either with our words or actions or physical interactions? Step right up – I'd like to shake your hand and acknowledge that you are a rarity in the long line of human nature. We screw up. We make bad decisions in the heat of the moment. Enough already.
The hit was dirty. The player is dirty. The team is dirty. The only appropriate response moving forward would have been forfeiture of the next game, Spencer fired, #24 removed from the team and school, loss of ability to vote in any local, state, or federal election for next 25 years, revocation of driver's license, scarlet letter D for dirty on her forehead, her parents should be forced to sell their home and move to Scottsdale as part of witness protection, Dad should be disbarred (even if he isn't an attorney), Mom should lose her board certification (even if she isn't a practicing physician), and lastly, any and all siblings should change last name and transfer schools.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

In all seriousness though, she received a red card (appropriate) and had to sit out the next game (appropriate). She isn't a bad person. Her frontal cortex literally hasn't fully developed. She made a mistake, received consequences, and somehow the earth continues to spin.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:53 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:23 am Watch the clip. The horn had not yet sounded when she applied the hit. There was still time on the clock.

Whatever the answer, I think we've had just about enough of the self-righteous indignation from those who are spouting it. Which one among us hasn't done mindless things in our late teenage years or early 20's? Which one among us hasn't hurt another human being, either with our words or actions or physical interactions? Step right up – I'd like to shake your hand and acknowledge that you are a rarity in the long line of human nature. We screw up. We make bad decisions in the heat of the moment. Enough already.
The hit was dirty. The player is dirty. The team is dirty. The only appropriate response moving forward would have been forfeiture of the next game, Spencer fired, #24 removed from the team and school, loss of ability to vote in any local, state, or federal election for next 25 years, revocation of driver's license, scarlet letter D for dirty on her forehead, her parents should be forced to sell their home and move to Scottsdale as part of witness protection, Dad should be disbarred (even if he isn't an attorney), Mom should lose her board certification (even if she isn't a practicing physician), and lastly, any and all siblings should change last name and transfer schools.

I didn't catch on until the third "dirty", :D

That poor girl may only have 1 option left in life after being completely vanquished from society. She can probably run for and be elected as President of the United States! :lol: :lol: Her actions would not tarnish the office as it is presently. That comment is intended to offend both political parties.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Scottsdale wouldn't be too bad...
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

The golf there is phenomenal
lax

Post by lax »

Amazing how much time is being spent on this one red card.
First, yes, it was fully warranted. Secondly, if you've watched more games this season then you have witnessed other red cards being issued. I say, IT'S ABOUT TIME! Thank you to the officials for finally holding players accountable for their egregious actions on the field. Green, yellow and red cards are in the rule book and finally being applied in the proper manner.
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

Inside Lacrosse just named her the best freshman of the 1H of the season. I think they must have meant during the game. After the whistle not so much.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Bystanders wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:32 am Inside Lacrosse just named her the best freshman of the 1H of the season. I think they must have meant during the game. After the whistle not so much.
I don't watch a whole ton of Stanford lacrosse. I'll say that upfront. But I seriously doubt she's always engaged in extracurricular activities after the whistle. If you're referring to this game, the rough stuff took place before the whistle. Plus, I like chippy in a player. Not dirty, mind you! Just so nobody gets the wrong idea. But chippy, in general. I like chippy players in men's sports. Why wouldn't I like chippy players in women's sports?
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

I doubt IL is paying attention to any of that. The article starts out by saying they only consider HS ‘23 grads and proceeded to misspell RS freshman (therefore a ‘22) Polisky’s first name incorrectly. If they can’t get that straight they aren’t noticing much.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Bystanders wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:32 am Inside Lacrosse just named her the best freshman of the 1H of the season. I think they must have meant during the game. After the whistle not so much.
Quality player, but just off the top of my head some better freshman in the first half of season

Jenna Dinardo @ UVA
Madison Alaimo @ UVA
Timarky @ ND
Skibbe @ Davison
Mcleod and Byrne@ Clemson
OuttaNowhereWregget

hsllax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:12 pm I doubt IL is paying attention to any of that. The article starts out by saying they only consider HS ‘23 grads and proceeded to misspell RS freshman (therefore a ‘22) Polisky’s first name incorrectly. If they can’t get that straight they aren’t noticing much.
Well said.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Byrne with 2 goals (I think, just tuned in) as Clemson leads ND.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:52 pm
hsllax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:12 pm I doubt IL is paying attention to any of that. The article starts out by saying they only consider HS ‘23 grads and proceeded to misspell RS freshman (therefore a ‘22) Polisky’s first name incorrectly. If they can’t get that straight they aren’t noticing much.
Well said.
To be fair, she was an early enrollee. So technically a 23 who just skipped her senior season.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5BhDCbr ... h4aHVxZ2tz

I've never posted a link so bear with me. Go to lacrosse_extras on Instagram for original post if I messed this up.

This was only a yellow......
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:40 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5BhDCbr ... h4aHVxZ2tz

I've never posted a link so bear with me. Go to lacrosse_extras on Instagram for original post if I messed this up.

Saw this earlier today. Terrible from the player and equally terrible call from the officials. Easy straight red.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxlaxlax wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:47 pm
tothedraw wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:40 pm https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5BhDCbr ... h4aHVxZ2tz

Saw this earlier today. Terrible from the player and equally terrible call from the officials. Easy straight red.
Looked like a heat of the moment type deal. She regretted it immediately. Easy to see from her body language. Agreed though--should have been a red.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5BhDCbr ... ZjNTVpcHkz
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

The school or conference should suspend this player. She may have regrated her actions, but she still acted! Use her as an example and set a good precedent so this doesn't happen again in a game. Do we really need to wait until someone is seriously injured?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Reading some of the way too harsh comments under this Instagram post is disappointing. A red card would have been plenty.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am Reading some of the way too harsh comments under this Instagram post is disappointing. A red card would have been plenty.
The hype machine cares not about red cards: https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... T1eIjo7_WX

She has 3 years of eligibility left. How long will it take for her to get her degree, hit the portal, and move up to varsity? ;)

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”