Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Pitt12

Re: Game of the Week; Lynchburg vs Gettysburg

Post by Pitt12 »

KnowingWizardofODAC wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:33 am Lynchburg for sure, Koudelka will not lose to his alma mater, I will set the spread at 4.5 take it or leave it
I will take it Wizard! Although you are the all knowing 🧙 🧙 Wizard. You still have your other profile?
creasecranker

Post by creasecranker »

Backupstix wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:00 pm Bullets by two, yes very young team but a lot of talent. It will come down to coaching… my money is on Toner.
Taking the coach with 40 career wins vs over 300...?
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

I think this game is more of a coin toss than these predictions indicate. Gettysburg always has strength on the bench waiting their turn, don’t rule them out.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Another solid matchup Saturday is Dickinson at Stevens. A little chippy last season in Carlisle and this season has both teams in great shape personnel wise.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

I think Lynchburg wins 14-11. Gettysburg is young and will use this game as experience, but Lynchburg offense will be too much.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Representation here is heavily skewed. Vegas is now at
Lynchburg-200
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Curious since I am planning to attend the game...any chance the 1-3 inches of snow (possibly more) ending at 7 am, will cause the game to be postponed? Or can that be cleared before 1.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:58 pm Curious since I am planning to attend the game...any chance the 1-3 inches of snow (possibly more) ending at 7 am, will cause the game to be postponed? Or can that be cleared before 1.
York W&L is pushed back to 2pm. 30 miles west will probably do something similar. Check their socials for up to the minutes.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Backupstix

Post by Backupstix »

creasecranker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:17 am
Backupstix wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:00 pm Bullets by two, yes very young team but a lot of talent. It will come down to coaching… my money is on Toner.
Taking the coach with 40 career wins vs over 300...?
Yes sir, I’m a bit of a Homer on this one.
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

I'll have to see it before I believe it with Gettysburg. It is not a good three year trend, if you look past the name. 13 losses in the 2 seasons after Hank Janczyk retired, and didn't even make the Centennial Conference championship this past year. Nobody on the roster has ever beaten Swarthmore, and they graduated most of their top players. I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

D3LaxFan2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 pm I'll have to see it before I believe it with Gettysburg. It is not a good three year trend, if you look past the name. 13 losses in the 2 seasons after Hank Janczyk retired, and didn't even make the Centennial Conference championship this past year. Nobody on the roster has ever beaten Swarthmore, and they graduated most of their top players. I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from?
The transition from Coach Janczyk to Coach Toner has been relatively smooth but still a transition, the COVID wind down with opt outs, etc., certainly didn't help, not an excuse just an observation.

Since Coach Toner has taken over Gettysburg has gone 27-13 overall and 12-4 in the CC. They have beaten: Salisbury, York, Roanoke, Dickinson, F@M x2, W@L X 2. They have made the tournament both years under Toner. Yes the inability to beat Swarthmore is a head scratcher but I would say there is plenty to be optimistic about.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:56 am
D3LaxFan2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 pm I'll have to see it before I believe it with Gettysburg. It is not a good three year trend, if you look past the name. 13 losses in the 2 seasons after Hank Janczyk retired, and didn't even make the Centennial Conference championship this past year. Nobody on the roster has ever beaten Swarthmore, and they graduated most of their top players. I'm not sure where all the optimism is coming from?
The transition from Coach Janczyk to Coach Toner has been relatively smooth but still a transition, the COVID wind down with opt outs, etc., certainly didn't help, not an excuse just an observation.

Since Coach Toner has taken over Gettysburg has gone 27-13 overall and 12-4 in the CC. They have beaten: Salisbury, York, Roanoke, Dickinson, F@M x2, W@L X 2. They have made the tournament both years under Toner. Yes the inability to beat Swarthmore is a head scratcher but I would say there is plenty to be optimistic about.
I think this is the year you see if Gettysburg is going to continue to be a perennial top 10 team or if they are slipping a bit. Toner has some very good wins over the last 2 seasons and some questionable losses as well(Swarthmore 3 times). What I have said before and will say again is now that Hanks recruits are gone how does the team perform? I havent seen many Toner recruits on the field in the last 2 seasons....With that said I do not think the sky is falling for Gettysburg, the school is well known nationally and will continue to draw talent. As much as Hank was able to collect is TBD. I see this team struggling early until these younger players get some expierence and they will be a pretty good team come April.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Backupstix

Post by Backupstix »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:52 am
Laxdds wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:56 am

I think this is the year you see if Gettysburg is going to continue to be a perennial top 10 team or if they are slipping a bit. Toner has some very good wins over the last 2 seasons and some questionable losses as well(Swarthmore 3 times). What I have said before and will say again is now that Hanks recruits are gone how does the team perform? I havent seen many Toner recruits on the field in the last 2 seasons....With that said I do not think the sky is falling for Gettysburg, the school is well known nationally and will continue to draw talent. As much as Hank was able to collect is TBD. I see this team struggling early until these younger players get some expierence and they will be a pretty good team come April.
Toners first true recruits are the freshman this year. The sophomores were his recruits but he didn’t get the job until summer so I’m sure there wasn’t much time to actually recruit for his first season. Their were several freshman starting at the Eastern scrimmage last week that actually contributed.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Any chance this game gets snowed out. Seeing up to 6 ending 9:00am..LYN and snow tightens this contest for me.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

The storm generally underperformed. I'm an hour east of Gettysburg and we were supposed to get the same amount. Maybe a couple inches and the roads are fine. They wouldn't move the game back to 1 would they?
Backupstix

Post by Backupstix »

YCOLaxFanSU wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:51 am The storm generally underperformed. I'm an hour east of Gettysburg and we were supposed to get the same amount. Maybe a couple inches and the roads are fine. They wouldn't move the game back to 1 would they?
Game is still scheduled for 2:00
ah23

Post by ah23 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:14 am Agree with all those takes. I think Lynchburg rolls. Curious to see how the Hornets gel this year. 7 grad students, it looks great on paper. I mean, how long can you keep top recruited talent, who have been waiting patiently to contribute, and are only engaged in sideline celebrations, bought in?
I know opinions on this differ, but I think end of the bench guys being involved in celebrations is actually a good indicator of a positive culture and everyone being bought in. It's really easy to get frustrated/bitter when you're not playing, and I always like seeing sidelines that are fully engaged. It's one of the reasons why I think the constant policing of sideline celebrations is so ridiculous.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Lynchburg showing up with there 6 grad players and I think 5 preseason AA’s this has to be better than RIT’s 14-3 half time score w Denison sporting 8 grads and returning 9 of their top 10 scorers
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Mitchell not playing.
3rd pole #17 seems lost.
SSDM’s lost..
Bullets young guys are slick.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”