SAA 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
JunkD

Re: SAA 2024

Post by JunkD »

My son watched the game and said that the Berry goalie -- who I gather is a transfer from Oglethorpe -- was just outstanding. The box score credits both teams with nine saves, but evidently the Berry keeper made some high quality stops to help hold down the Colonels. Berry's athleticism always seems to give Centre trouble.
Cardinal19

Post by Cardinal19 »

Berry had a distinct game plan and was able to execute it well. On offense Berry ran the shot clock down each possession, taking shots under 10 seconds and was able to get the ball back multiple times to have several extended possessions. Defense they forced outside shots, was able to limit Centre possessions to one shot and threw in a zone to slow the game down even more. Add in Centre playing one of the worse games they've played in several years and you get the upset.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Birmingham Southern announces closure to take place 5/31/24.

I feel for the students.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
liongoes

Post by liongoes »

Glad to see that Rhodes got rid of their PPV broadcasts and is free to watch like everyone else, never understood the point of doing that.
liongoes

Post by liongoes »

JunkD wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:48 pm My son watched the game and said that the Berry goalie -- who I gather is a transfer from Oglethorpe -- was just outstanding. The box score credits both teams with nine saves, but evidently the Berry keeper made some high quality stops to help hold down the Colonels. Berry's athleticism always seems to give Centre trouble.
Cool to see Irwin playing another season, he was really good at Oglethorpe. Faced more shots than almost anyone in the country every year and was still usually around 60%.
creasecranker

Post by creasecranker »

Sewanee improves to 5-0 in the SAA after a gritty win vs Rhodes and, for a second year in a row, is on a collision course with Centre for the chance to host the tournament. Sewanee vs Centre, Perun vs Croft, Selner vs Caldwell, Crain vs Robbins. Get your popcorn ready. Both SAA Bluebloods have been red hot, especially at the faceoff X, with Perun (Getting NLL looks) at 70% and Croft at 66%. Sewanee has been winning close yet convincing games, while Centre has edged Rhodes and Hendrix hard in their last two. I think this one comes down to coaching with Nick Dibo "the big game hero", always cooking up his best game plans late in the season, and the current Sewanee team gets their first win vs Centre since 2019.

Drop your game and playoff seeding predictions below. Creasecranker would love to see them.
HornsLax

Post by HornsLax »

Rhodes over BSC tomorrow in Memphis, Hendrix upsets Berry tomorrow in Rome.
droliver

Post by droliver »

BSC continues an improbable successful season beating Rhodes convincingly with a skeleton of a roster and on the eve of the school closing in a few weeks. Just crazy how they’ve put together a 10 win season with no face off player, losing an all conference attack man mid season, having a major contributing player DQ for a heart attack, and almost no subs in defense and midfield due to most of 2022 class having transfered out with the school closing.

Shows how two really strong recruiting classes back to back in 2019-2020 can pay dividends for years with BSC having their best 3 years in history 2022-2024 season.
HenryT53

Post by HenryT53 »

HornsLax wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:16 pm Rhodes over BSC tomorrow in Memphis, Hendrix upsets Berry tomorrow in Rome.
0-2 On the weekend. Hope you can make up for it this weekend. :lol:

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”