D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Games Today

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

hmmm wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 pm
hmmm wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 am
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:19 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 pm Our offense is really easy to defend. Since we are generally less athletic than the good teams we need a crisp, speedy passing offense with skip passes to Leubecker and Edmonson. Instead our passes are slow looping predictable.. and we even drop those lobs. It’s a lazy offense. It’s too late… the offense we need that corresponds with our weaknesses would have needed to be developed pre season and drilled in. Penn has a better game philosophy and blueprint with better players and more disciplined execution.
This is why Rosga needs to play. She doesn't have the technical talent that the Mays, Edmondsons and Clevengers have, but she has a great first step and quickness which is exactly what the terps need.
That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
Then who else can they bring in to create some space for Edmonson and Leubacker
Maybe they shouldn't try to run so many isos through those 2 players? Just a thought. Defenses are too good for that these days. More about spacing than creating space for individual players.
Exactly; in professional futbol parlance, it is about finding the "pockets," because almost everyone playing is a world class athlete (in European football) and the speed burn only gets you so far. Maryland certainly has the skills as a team to play better, more diverse offense.

Seems to me that, at this point, you get a body on, and a stick in the hands of Clevenger the Elder, and eyes and a devoted body on May, you nullify a lot of the attack. No. 18 for Maryland was invisible for the near entirety of this game.

The Maryland fan has it half-right: everyone is flawed, not everyone is a contender.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Georgetown leading Denver 7 to 3 with six minutes left in the second period…
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm Georgetown leading Denver 7 to 3 with six minutes left in the second period…
Anyone watching this? I only have live stats.

Are we on another upset watch or will Denver figure it out in the second half…
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

laxlaxlax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm Georgetown leading Denver 7 to 3 with six minutes left in the second period…
Anyone watching this? I only have live stats.

Are we on another upset watch or will Denver figure it out in the second half…
Denver will win this something like 12-9.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gilbert scores for Denver with 6 seconds left in the first half. 7-5 at the long break. I think the Pioneers will pull it out in the 2nd but the Hoyas tend to give Denver fits on occasion. We shall see...
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 pm Gilbert scores for Denver with 6 seconds left in the first half. 7-5 at the long break. I think the Pioneers will pull it out in the 2nd but the Hoyas tend to give Denver fits on occasion. We shall see...
I posted this earlier, but it disappeared. The other interesting game is Monmouth hanging with Stony Brook in the first half. Elle Masera does not show up in the stat sheets - not sure if she is playing or being faceguarded.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8-5 G'Town 5 minutes left in the 3rd.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Whoa. GT comes out and scores two -- 9-6.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Somewhere, Sheehan Stanwick Burch's phone is dinging with alerts...
OuttaNowhereWregget

10-6! :51 left in the 3rd
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gilbert again with seconds left. 10-7.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gilberts third brings Denver to within two with nine minutes left in the fourth.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Four unanswered in the 4th and Denver wins 11-10.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

DU pulls it out in the end, scoring 5 straight to win 11 - 10 over GT

lol, like the OSU/PSU game.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:22 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 pm Gilbert scores for Denver with 6 seconds left in the first half. 7-5 at the long break. I think the Pioneers will pull it out in the 2nd but the Hoyas tend to give Denver fits on occasion. We shall see...
I posted this earlier, but it disappeared. The other interesting game is Monmouth hanging with Stony Brook in the first half. Elle Masera does not show up in the stat sheets - not sure if she is playing or being faceguarded.
Stony Brook now cruising - running clock 18-8
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

My daughter told me I officially have a problem. I’m watching a D2 game. Tampa vs Florida Southern. Honestly. Not much different than games I’ve watched with middle of the road D1 teams. They seem to turn the ball over less than the Penn State v Lehigh game I saw.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm My daughter told me I officially have a problem. I’m watching a D2 game. Tampa vs Florida Southern. Honestly. Not much different than games I’ve watched with middle of the road D1 teams. They seem to turn the ball over less than the Penn State v Lehigh game I saw.
My wife walked into n on me watching three games n three screens including a (really entertaining) D3 game, looked mildly amused and a little disgusted, and said she was going to visit her sister until June.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 pm My daughter told me I officially have a problem. I’m watching a D2 game. Tampa vs Florida Southern. Honestly. Not much different than games I’ve watched with middle of the road D1 teams. They seem to turn the ball over less than the Penn State v Lehigh game I saw.
My wife walked into n on me watching three games n three screens including a (really entertaining) D3 game, looked mildly amused and a little disgusted, and said she was going to visit her sister until June.
🤣
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm
🤣
It is compounded by the fact that I am an ardent English/European football fan, and the Premier League games start at 9:00 AM our time, finishing off just in time for the lacrosse games to begin from midday on. I just don't gamble, drink to excess or take dope. So, you know, I'm crazy but tolerable (I hope).
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm
🤣
It is compounded by the fact that I am an ardent English/European football fan, and the Premier League games start at 9:00 AM our time, finishing off just in time for the lacrosse games to begin from midday on. I just don't gamble, drink to excess or take dope. So, you know, I'm crazy but tolerable (I hope).
June is the beginning of the vast wasteland that is sports for those of us who don’t follow baseball…until football and American football start back up again in September. With tennis majors and golf majors to break up the monotony….

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”