Games Today

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hmmm

Re: Games Today

Post by hmmm »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:12 pm
Lax101 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm To say they are beatable is fairly obvious and not sure it takes perfect game plan and execution - granted both have to be very good. Lost to ND, lost to Penn State, and nailbiters that could have gone either way vs Michigan and Hopkins. Penn State and Hopkins are not top 10 teams. Something may be off slightly at NU. Did you watch the game? Any onbservations. They lost the draw by quite a few which is unusual..
I watched the second half. In my view, NU defense and goalkeeping kept them in this game. Lost a lot of draws, and the NU defense did a lot to bring that back into balance. The game was, I think, exceptionally physical -- I'd be interested in hmmm's and Grateful Red's view of that, given the fact that I think their daughters are pretty well engaged in experienced in high level defensive lacrosse.

NU will play better in the NCAA tournament, and that is where I am talking about the perfect game from someone to defeat them. I could certainly be wrong. But KAH is a very able coach. And you could see that she was appreciative of the effort today, but not the execution. NU still the overall favorite, maybe even by a lot. But beatable.
The game was very physical. NU always plays very physical and I think Hop learned from the first game and realized they needed to match the intensity on defense. Obviously, they came out a little too physical and took 4 cards in the first 16 mins. Playing at NU is tough. There's a reason they've won 45 straight games at home. There were definitely some situations NU could have been carded for, such as the blatant shot to the side of the head on 27, that the refs ignored. Considering cards were 6-0, 5 yellow and 1 green, Hop really hung in there and hopefully the girls are coming home proud of the effort they put forth. Lax101 saying Michigan and Hop aren't top 10 teams and questioning why NU struggled with them is pretty disrespectful of UM and Hop. Both those teams have shown through the season that they can beat anyone they play.(Not to mention they're 6 and 7 in RPI so they actually are top 10 teams)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"Hop really hung in there and hopefully the girls are coming home proud of the effort they put forth."

Abso-f*cking-lutely.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

Was Sammy White really out for an extended amount of time during which JHU came back? And then when she was back in Hopkins lost momentum? If so, that speaks a lot towards her importance to NU.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Childish; literally, the sort of behavior I had to drum out of my kids in middle school. Can you just stop and recognize that you are part of a community, rather than a single person who has to have things their way. Bizarre in an adult.
It would be one thing if you were consistent with your own standards, but you're not. I've seen you on the politics boards plenty of times being condescending and insulting to others. Was this you conducting yourself like an adult who is part of a community?
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:06 pm GFY.
I have also seen over the years how you’re quiet as a deaf and dumb mouse when one of your buddies pops off and says something inappropriate.

So get your own hypocritical house in order on these boards before you come pointing out renovations to mine.

We're done.
eastcoastlax

Post by eastcoastlax »

Maybe someone else has mentioned this but based on this season in no way does Scane deserve the Tewaaraton. That was a horrendous performance and honestly showed a complete lack of awareness on her part. From what I have seen this year the defender from BC deserves it.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

eastcoastlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm Maybe someone else has mentioned this but based on this season in no way does Scane deserve the Tewaaraton. That was a horrendous performance and honestly showed a complete lack of awareness on her part. From what I have seen this year the defender from BC deserves it.
It's probably going to come down to the final weekend to decide. It was not one of her best performances today, but I think you have to give the Hop defense a lot of credit for that.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm Childish; literally, the sort of behavior I had to drum out of my kids in middle school. Can you just stop and recognize that you are part of a community, rather than a single person who has to have things their way. Bizarre in an adult.
It would be one thing if you were consistent with your own standards, but you're not. I've seen you on the politics boards plenty of times being condescending and insulting to others. Was this you conducting yourself like an adult who is part of a community?
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:06 pm GFY.
I have also seen over the years how you’re quiet as a deaf and dumb mouse when one of your buddies pops off and says something inappropriate.

So get your own hypocritical house in order on these boards before you come pointing out renovations to mine.

We're done.
It'll suffice to say that the "GFY" was on the politics thread, where things are rough and tumble, and not talking about young women playing a college game. But keep trying to mask your tiny childish mewling. And if "we're done," I can only ask, "Promise?" Go away to your special needs thread.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I think if a poll were taken for who is the most gentlemanly, respectful, and knowledgeable poster, I think Seacoaster would be near, or at, the top, where as you, ONW, would be near, or at, the bottom. Plenty of evidence here see that as reasonable thinking.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

DMac wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm I think if a poll were taken for who is the most gentlemanly, respectful, and knowledgeable poster, I think Seacoaster would be near, or at, the top, where as you, ONW, would be near, or at, the bottom. Plenty of evidence here see that as reasonable thinking.
+1

I just posted something on the men's thread - why don't you take these "personal issues" to private messaging where you can absolutely have at it? If someone wants to write back to you, they will. otherwise, spare the rest of us who want to talk women's lax all of the BS back and forth.

Even earlier today, I made a comment on one of Larry's posts that he had the wrong Rhattigan and you had to comment two different times on it. I love this forum and have been a part of it for a long time as an early user of laxpower. I have played my whole life (at the highest levels - pro and college), coached at the highest levels - had players win National Championships and become All-Americans and captains of their teams. I've even had former players become players of the year at their positions. I'm not stating this to brag - just to point out my involvement in lacrosse.

ONW - you always have to take things to such a crazy level. Can we all just get along and stop being so combative?

p.s. I am sure you will write an entire diatribe about this. :D :D
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Brownlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:25 pm
DMac wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm I think if a poll were taken for who is the most gentlemanly, respectful, and knowledgeable poster, I think Seacoaster would be near, or at, the top, where as you, ONW, would be near, or at, the bottom. Plenty of evidence here see that as reasonable thinking.
+1

I just posted something on the men's thread - why don't you take these "personal issues" to private messaging where you can absolutely have at it? If someone wants to write back to you, they will. otherwise, spare the rest of us who want to talk women's lax all of the BS back and forth.

Even earlier today, I made a comment on one of Larry's posts that he had the wrong Rhattigan and you had to comment two different times on it. I love this forum and have been a part of it for a long time as an early user of laxpower. I have played my whole life (at the highest levels - pro and college), coached at the highest levels - had players win National Championships and become All-Americans and captains of their teams. I've even had former players become players of the year at their positions. I'm not stating this to brag - just to point out my involvement in lacrosse.

ONW - you always have to take things to such a crazy level. Can we all just get along and stop being so combative?

Lmao. Does anyone not think he’s a tool? Of course, he won’t be able to respond to this since he said he blocked me since I called him a dick.
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Bringing this back to lacrosse… USC trying to mount a comeback against Colorado in the Pac12 semi final. Six minutes to go in the fourth quarter - currently down 12-9
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

I just looked at Inside Lacrosse Scoreboard and saw Loyola beat Lehigh 18-0.

I said - that has to be a typo.

I go to the Loyola site and and find out that it’s true. That is absolutely incredible. How can that possibly happen? Yikes!😳
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Relax77 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:57 pm
Brownlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:25 pm
+1

Lmao. Does anyone not think he’s a tool? Of course, he won’t be able to respond to this since he said he blocked me since I called him a dick.
Well on his own personal thread he claimed he might be done posting soon since his interest in the sport is waning. We'll see if that's true. I'm guessing most people on here will hope it is.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Brownlax wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:53 am I just looked at Inside Lacrosse Scoreboard and saw Loyola beat Lehigh 18-0.

I go to the Loyola site and and find out that it’s true. That is absolutely incredible. How can that possibly happen? Yikes!😳
Wow. Quite a plummet year over year from Lehigh. I sure wish Loyola could find some steady, year after year in-conference competition. 18-0 is a bad high school game.
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

Arizona State beat Oregon in the Pac 12 tournament 19-12 nice win for them. Then they lost to Standford which is expected.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Brownlax wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:53 am I just looked at Inside Lacrosse Scoreboard and saw Loyola beat Lehigh 18-0.

Lehigh is nowhere near the team they were the last couple of years...the lost to arguably one of the worst teams in D1, Lafayette, but then beat Army in the Patriot League tournament. The entire Patriot league is significantly worse this year, except for Loyola.

Having said all that, 18-0 is an absolute embarrassment and have to assume the coach is now looking over her shoulder.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:48 am

Lehigh is nowhere near the team they were the last couple of years...the lost to arguably one of the worst teams in D1, Lafayette, but then beat Army in the Patriot League tournament. The entire Patriot league is significantly worse this year, except for Loyola.

Having said all that, 18-0 is an absolute embarrassment and have to assume the coach is now looking over her shoulder.
I put this on a different thread. I watched three Lehigh Games this year. Army, Navy and Penn State. They have three kids that are their entire offense. But For every one goal they score, they turn it over or bad shot selection x3. They got killed on the draw in every game except the Army.

Carnevale leaving them hurt their offense tremendously. If they didn’t have Hunt they would’ve been blown out of many other games.
2004wrongisland

Post by 2004wrongisland »

eastcoastlax wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:38 pm Maybe someone else has mentioned this but based on this season in no way does Scane deserve the Tewaaraton. That was a horrendous performance and honestly showed a complete lack of awareness on her part. From what I have seen this year the defender from BC deserves it.
If I had a vote for the Tewaarton , I’d vote for Madison Taylor. I’ve watched a half dozen of NU’s games and I think she’s been the best and most valuable player on the nation’s best team.

Other opinions ? Other Finalists?
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

2004wrongisland wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am
If I had a vote for the Tewaarton , I’d vote for Madison Taylor. I’ve watched a half dozen of NU’s games and I think she’s been the best and most valuable player on the nation’s best team.

Madison Taylor has been awesome this year, though I'm sure a big part of that is because of all the attention on Izzy Scane and Erin Coykendall.

I'm not sure who else I'd seriously consider outside of those two. There's still a lot of lacrosse left for consideration.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

ultravisitor wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:56 am
2004wrongisland wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am

Madison Taylor has been awesome this year, though I'm sure a big part of that is because of all the attention on Izzy Scane and Erin Coykendall.

I'm not sure who else I'd seriously consider outside of those two. There's still a lot of lacrosse left for consideration.
Scane
Taylor
Scales
Wolack
Masera
Top 5

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”