The ads on this site are becoming intolerable

FanLax wouldn't be FanLax without you. For this reason and more, we value your feedback. Please let us know what you like, what you don't like, and what you would like to see improved.
ICGrad

The ads on this site are becoming intolerable

Post by ICGrad »

I don't mind the adds along the side or at the bottom (or top), but the full-page panel that needs to be dismissed before proceeding is beyond irritating. For some of these panels, you need to hunt to find the little x (a white x on a white background...nice touch, Google); I've had the "x" appear offscreen or behind the right scrollbar or partially obscured and hard to click. Equally irritating on a tablet.

I mean I get it, pay the bills and all, but it's making the user experience very unpleasant.
Matnum PI

Re: The ads on this site are becoming intolerable

Post by Matnum PI »

Agreed. Ads are/can be annoying. I'd like to remove all the ads: pop-ups, top, and bottom. Had an idea of how to have branded social media content instead of ads but the project kind of died on the vine. Hmm. Worth revisiting...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Really intolerable...

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Google Ads runs "experiments". This experiment called "Banner Ad" started at 8:34 AM.
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:15 pm Agreed. Ads are/can be annoying. I'd like to remove all the ads: pop-ups, top, and bottom. Had an idea of how to have branded social media content instead of ads but the project kind of died on the vine. Hmm. Worth revisiting...
Absolutely worth revisiting, the bombardment of ads that take up half the page we're getting right now is beyond annoying and will cost you posters, I'll be one of them.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:05 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:15 pm Agreed. Ads are/can be annoying. I'd like to remove all the ads: pop-ups, top, and bottom. Had an idea of how to have branded social media content instead of ads but the project kind of died on the vine. Hmm. Worth revisiting...
Absolutely worth revisiting, the bombardment of ads that take up half the page we're getting right now is beyond annoying and will cost you posters, I'll be one of them.
I just had borderline vertigo from all the ads this morning, had to shut it down and restart it hoping it was in error.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Agreed, happy you are making some $ Matt but the ads are a bit excessive.
OuttaNowhereWregget

If you offered a bare bones ad-free fanlax like-in-the-old-days version for a reasonable monthly fee, I would gladly pay it to avoid these ubiquitous, and now obnoxiously oversized ads. It's really getting ridiculous.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Every click you have to scroll just to get back to where you are, my mouse wheel is getting overheated.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Finster

FANLAX ads

Post by Finster »

Hi Fanlax Admin.

Is there a method for me to pay you to avoid the new interspersed advertisements? I’d do it.

The new format with ads sitting between posts is killing me. I now wonder which posts I’m missing. I get that you need to make money, but my eyeballs aren’t happy.

I’m happy to pay you to remove them or just return to the previous methodology?

Thx.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm open to ideas. Give me a day (or less) and I'll create something to try to resolve this. Worth a try.
Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

Great idea for donations--but can't I just mail a money order? I detest apps--especially ones to do with money. Just one more avenue for the scammers.
Finster

Post by Finster »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:07 pm I'm open to ideas. Give me a day (or less) and I'll create something to try to resolve this. Worth a try.

Really appreciate that. Thank you.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Removed Google Ads from the Forum and created a banner with a link to venmo (@fanlax). Is venmo enough? People prefer other ways to donate? Let's see how this goes. FWIW, Google ads will complete their "experiment" which has ruffled people's feathers in 4 days. Let's see where we are then.

Per usual, any and all thoughts, ideas, suggestions are appreciated.

Caddy Day
OuttaNowhereWregget

No ads! YeeeaaaHOOOOO!

ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

I just made a small donation. I hope to periodically. Totally worth it for no ads.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Also made a donation (which I'll repeat). Thanks for all that you do, love the FanLax forum and it's wonderful ad-free!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

The ad-free experiment did not work. Three people donated. We're returning their money. And, FWIW, the people within this thread that were pushing for no ads, though I could be wrong, were not the donators.
Caddy Day
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:20 am The ad-free experiment did not work. Three people donated. We're returning their money. And, FWIW, the people within this thread that were pushing for no ads, though I could be wrong, were not the donators.
Thanks for trying.

Return to “FANLAX FEEDBACK”