My 2024 probably not gonna happen predictions

D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: My 2024 probably not gonna happen predictions

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I think NU will be hard to stop in 2024. Don't see anyone else getting close. Maybe BC if the transfers get acclimated quickly.

I was dubious about UNC and then the injury reports started coming out. Sad for those kids. I just don't see any leadership in that program rn which makes winning a championship tough. Younger kids gonna have to grow up fast.

Still not convinced on ND ... coaching matters.

I think Cuse struggles this season, too many key pieces missing, they will need some role players to really step up.

Interested to see if Cathy Reese can regain some of the Terp mojo. It's been bumpy down there in College Park. Uncharacteristic inconsistency.

Varying reports out of Baltimore and JHU ... has TM changed the culture or is there a mutiny brewing?

My breakthrough team is Penn (although IWCLA seems to know what they are capable of ... preseason #13). Folks seem to forget they gave BC all they could handle (9-7) on the road in the NCAA tourney and they have the full starting lineup back. Excellent coach.

On a personal note, I am hopeful that the BIG GREEN will take a step forward in 2024. They return a good core and have made progress to get themselves back into the conversation. Big fan of Alax McFadden.
Last edited by watcherinthewoods on Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
lax410

Post by lax410 »

What’s the word on Hop?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:05 pm I think NU will be hard to stop in 2024. Don't see anyone else getting close. Maybe BC if the transfers get acclimated quickly.

I was dubious about UNC and then the injury reports started coming out. Sad for those kids. I just don't see any leadership in that program rn which makes winning a championship tough. Younger kids gonna have to grow up fast.

I think Cuse struggles this season, too many key pieces missing, they will need some role players to really step up.

Interested to see if Cathy Reese can regain some of the Terp mojo. It's been bumpy down there in College Park. Uncharacteristic in consistency.

Varying reports out of Baltimore and JHU ... has TM changed the culture or is there a mutiny brewing?

My breakthrough team is Penn (although IWCLA seems to know what they are capable of ... preseason #13). Folks seem to forget they gave BC all they could handle (9-7) on the road in the NCAA tourney and they have the full starting lineup back. Excellent coach.

On a personal note, I am hopeful that the BIG GREEN will take a step forward in 2024. They return a good core and have made progress to get themselves back into the conversation. Big fan of Alax McFadden.
Alright Woodsy. What is this about a mutiny? As Christopher Walken said once in a really excellent B movie, “ I know you’ve been digging, share the dirt.”
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:56 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:05 pm I think NU will be hard to stop in 2024. Don't see anyone else getting close. Maybe BC if the transfers get acclimated quickly.

Interested to see if Cathy Reese can regain some of the Terp mojo. It's been bumpy down there in College Park. Uncharacteristic in consistency.

Alright Woodsy. What is this about a mutiny? As Christopher Walken said once in a really excellent B movie, “ I know you’ve been digging, share the dirt.”
I’m quite curious as well…..
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Interested to see if Cathy Reese can regain some of the Terp mojo. It's been bumpy down there in College Park. Uncharacteristic inconsistency.

I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about Penn. I could see them cracking the top 10 if they get some quality wins early in the season. However, I’m not sure about all the hype that Hopkins is getting. I do think TM will make the program better, but it is only his second year and he doesn’t have his recruits yet. Hopkins lacks that star player that people will talk about (maybe Angello will grow into that player). They went 9-9 last year and I just can’t quite say that this year they are taking a huge step forward from that. I hope I’m wrong. Lastly, I could potentially see NU getting too cocky and used to that #1 ranking and be shockingly upset. I think they’ll be too good early in the season, but if they get used to that then I could see a loss coming later in the season. No idea what to expect from UMD. They have a lot of attacking players, but none that can change the whole tide of a season like Cordingley did for them. They didn’t impress me last season at all. ND I’m hopeful for a great year, but they don’t have the killer edge, experience, or coaching to reach Memorial Day weekend. I could see a few good wins in the regular season, but come post season they don’t do well. I agree I think Cuse will have a down year but will battle for top 3 in the ACC still. Interested to see UVA with a new coach. Agree that UNC lacks leadership and with the injuries they don’t have the experience for a Memorial Day run. I don’t see Denver being undefeated this year but I think they’ll stay a top 8 team.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Agree that NU will face some adversity this season. If so, I could very well see Max's scenario playing out in the form of a goalie controversy. Along those lines, M Doucette holds Northwestern to 10 goals.

At least one 6th year will be diagnosed with osteoporosis after falling and breaking a hip.

New rules will significantly reduce injuries and not affect the game negatively. ;)
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

GratefulRed wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:34 pm
At least one 6th year will be diagnosed with osteoporosis after falling and breaking a hip.
haha :lol:
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Maybe the mutiny was thwarted? A lot of people confused by this statement. Going to just throw something like out that out there with no context?
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:08 am

Maybe the mutiny was thwarted? A lot of people confused by this statement. Going to just throw something like out that out there with no context?
Reports from Homewood are real...TM culture is different than Tucker's, and is different than any other coach, so there is inherently going to be a learning curve based on that. But, pushback is definitely louder than TM would like and honeymoon phase is wearing thin with girls.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

intheknow247 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 am

Reports from Homewood are real...TM culture is different than Tucker's, and is different than any other coach, so there is inherently going to be a learning curve based on that. But, pushback is definitely louder than TM would like and honeymoon phase is wearing thin with girls.
If you say so. What reports from Homewood? Of course the cultures are different. But half the girls on the team never played for CT. Curious how you think the way he coaches is different than any other coach.
Last edited by hmmm on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

My prediction is we see a spike in coaches fired during the season either for misconduct or mistreatment of players. I think a lot of athletic directors for a long time ignored the non-revenue sports and now are realizing they should have been doing a better job hiring and monitoring. Have seen some of it in the last 18 months but I think it picks up this season. A lot of decent teams have coaches who aren't qualified to coach at that level that the team now is at.
njbill

Post by njbill »

hmmm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:08 am Maybe the mutiny was thwarted?
Who ate the strawberries?
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

hmmm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:25 am

If you say so. What reports from Homewood? Of course the cultures are different. But half the girls on the team never played for CT. Curious how you think the way he coaches is different than any other coach.
That's interesting. I had heard some alums were getting upset because TM isn't really focused on recruiting Maryland like Tucker was. 9 MD upperclassmen on current Hopkins team but only 1 MD girl across 23,24,25 recruiting classes.

Looks like TM cultivating west coast and midwest relationships from his time at ASU and NW.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:40 pm

That's interesting. I had heard some alums were getting upset because TM isn't really focused on recruiting Maryland like Tucker was. 9 MD upperclassmen on current Hopkins team but only 1 MD girl across 23,24,25 recruiting classes.

Looks like TM cultivating west coast and midwest relationships from his time at ASU and NW.
Remember the 23 class was CTs at first. She had announced her retirement prior to that recruiting cycle which made things difficult. I know I would have had a hard time letting my daughter commit to a school, even an academic institution like Hopkins, without any clue who was going to be coaching her. In hindsight she did a pretty good job. TM added some late additions via flips from ASU and some others once he got that job, but that class isn't really an indicator of anything. TM recruited quite a few local girls in the 24 and 25 classes. Many of them visited. They all chose to go elsewhere.

And even if alumni are/were upset, how is that a possible mutiny? Do alumni know that he had several IAAM girls on campus in the 2024/2025 classes?
njbill

Post by njbill »

I assume CT means JT?
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

- Reports from Homewood as in the girls on the team talking, talking to friends at other programs, talking to parents...
- But the half that didn't play for TM are the older girls who are the ones that steer the narrative, just like in any program.
- Read the line again, it is saying that every coaches culture is different from every other coach. And I stated culture, not coaching.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

njbill wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:32 pm I assume CT means JT?
Yes, CT = Coach Tucker. It's what most that know her and/or played for her call her.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

intheknow247 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:45 pm

- Reports from Homewood as in the girls on the team talking, talking to friends at other programs, talking to parents...
- But the half that didn't play for TM are the older girls who are the ones that steer the narrative, just like in any program.
- Read the line again, it is saying that every coaches culture is different from every other coach. And I stated culture, not coaching.
So a few disgruntled players talking to their friends who then are talking to parents means there are some sort of major issues at JHU? I got news for you. There are disgruntled players, and even more so disgruntled parents on every team. In many cases the players are completely happy but it's the parents that are complaining to other parents.

I think I'll trust my sources on this and say that this is all nonsense.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

njbill wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:15 pm
hmmm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:08 am Maybe the mutiny was thwarted?
Who ate the strawberries?
I got that one! If I knew how to add memes I would’ve added a laughing one
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:12 pm
intheknow247 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:45 pm

So a few disgruntled players talking to their friends who then are talking to parents means there are some sort of major issues at JHU? I got news for you. There are disgruntled players, and even more so disgruntled parents on every team. In many cases the players are completely happy but it's the parents that are complaining to other parents.

I think I'll trust my sources on this and say that this is all nonsense.
I agree with that. Supposedly there’s problems in every locker room. And parents stir the rumor mill more than anything because Coach thinks little Susie is better than their little Mary. Then they take to social media and will tell anybody who will listen. It does make it hard to navigate then do we believe what you hear. Is Colgate’s coach really a problem? The AD doesn’t think so. Did a UNC player really steal a teammates boyfriend?

Not saying that’s the case but it’s a better than average possibility since every team has this issue.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”