- JMU and Loyola fall off and don't win their conferences

- Freshman of the year: Clevenger

- Brown and Coastal Carolina make the tourney

- Columbia wins its first Ivy league game in several years

- Clemson doesn't win more than 2 ACC game
watcherinthewoods

Re: My 2024 probably not gonna happen predictions

Post by watcherinthewoods »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm - Northwestern wins national title, but loses at least 2 games

- Final Four: Northwestern, BC, Maryland, Cuse

- Elite Elite: Final Four plus UNC, USC, Denver, Hopkins

- At some point in the season, Laliberty will be benched at NU for Argentieri

- Erin Coykendall wins Teerwarton. Other finalists -- Scane, Smith, Sweitzer,

I think there is a strong chance 3 Ivies make the NCAA tourney, but Brown will not be one of them. And 2024 will not be there year Columbia gets an in-conference win, sadly.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm
which smith??
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm - Northwestern wins national title, but loses at least 2 games

I’m going with BC winning over ND
ND BC UNC and NU in the final 4
Elite 8. Final 4 plus Cuse, Denver USC and Hop
Skane winning with Smith runner up
I agree with JMU and Loyola!
Disagree with Coastal. Gonna be Liberty
Penn winning the Ivy.
Clemson winning 4.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Terp fan here, but they don’t make it to Memorial Day weekend. Don’t pass the “sniff” test. Still feel like theirs a piece missing.
JMU not winning the conference isn’t a stretch. They have to contend with Florida who they split with last year. It’ll be one of those two and both make the tourney. I realize that’s not going out on a limb, but…
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Should add something to this. Surprise team. And I don’t mean Hopkins or UMass. I mean one out from nowhere.
Mine is Liberty.
After reading what those kids have to go through on campus, I hope they have success in the lacrosse field this year.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

NU over BC in finals
Final Four: NU, BC, UNC, Cuse
Elite Eight: Above and Loyola, ND, MD, Denver
Tewy -> Scane
Loyola will win Patriot League as always
JMU and UF will split again with one winning regular season title and loser of regular season game winning conf tournament championship
Stanford will win the final Pac-12 championship
Hopkins will beat MD for the first time ever in regular season but MD will get revenge in Big Ten semis.
Clemson will win 3 ACC games against Va Tech, Louisville and Pitt

Conf tourney winners:
ACC: BC
Big Ten: NU
Pac-12: Stanford
Big East: Denver
AAC: JMU
Ivy: Penn
Patriot: Loyola
CAA: Stony Brook
America East: Albany
ASun: Jax
A10: Richmond
Big South: Mercer
MAAC: Siena
MAC: Central Michigan
NEC: Wagner

At Large Bids:
UNC
Cuse
ND
UVA
MD
Hopkins
Michigan
Yale
Florida
Army
UMass
UConn
Marquette
Drexel
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:31 pm Should add something to this. Surprise team. And I don’t mean Hopkins or UMass. I mean one out from nowhere.
Mine is Liberty.
After reading what those kids have to go through on campus, I hope they have success in the lacrosse field this year.
I've coached a half dozen Liberty transfers over the years. If they make the top 25, they will be forever 20-25. Too many off-field issues with the school to be an elite program. The main reason for transferring was the kids were offered big bucks or a cheap education but didn't realize how controlling the school was and they wanted a more normal college experience.

Always want the best for the kids though - hope the players are happy there (or elsewhere) and have the experience they want.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:21 pm
Relax77 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:31 pm Should add something to this. Surprise team. And I don’t mean Hopkins or UMass. I mean one out from nowhere.
Mine is Liberty.
I've coached a half dozen Liberty transfers over the years. If they make the top 25, they will be forever 20-25. Too many off-field issues with the school to be an elite program. The main reason for transferring was the kids were offered big bucks or a cheap education but didn't realize how controlling the school was and they wanted a more normal college experience.

Always want the best for the kids though - hope the players are happy there (or elsewhere) and have the experience they want.
Wasn’t talking about elite teams. Wanted the exact opposite of elite. Hopkins is elite but them making a run into the elite 8 isn’t what I was talking about. I’m looking for a surprise like if Liberty jumped into the top 25. Another good surprise school that gets traction here would be Coastal. I’m looking for surprises like that. I would imagine if Liberty ever did get into the Top 25, I would expect that to be a 1 year thing. As for the controlling part. You’ve missed the post on their rules. Insane what those kids have to go through there
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Probably NOT going to happen, eh? So, these would be my fantasy predictions, in other words.

Boston College drags North Carolina thrice in 2024, all by running clock blowouts in the regular season, ACC tourney and NCAA's.

Johns Hopkins gets the turtle off their back in grand style with a running clock win at Homewood during the regular season and then another convincing win in the Big 10 semifinals.

JMU avenges their Elite Eight loss to Syracuse last year by beating them in this years Elite Eight. Isabella Peterson goes off for 9 goals in a romp.

Monmouth comes out of nowhere with new defensive coordinator Meg Douty and upends Stony Brook for the CAA conference tournament title.

Army wins Patriot--regular season and conference titles. Hands Loyola first ever regular season Patriot League defeat.

Louisville and Virginia Tech both finish above .500 after both regular and post season to qualify for the Tournament.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 am Probably NOT going to happen, eh? So, these would be my fantasy predictions, in other words.

These are my legit predictions, but I tend to suck at them. The ones I am most confident about are

- NU losing at least 2 in reg season
- USC being the sleeper team
- Loyola dropping off significantly
- Clevenger being an instant impact freshman
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:54 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:21 pm
Mine is Liberty.

Wasn’t talking about elite teams. Wanted the exact opposite of elite. Hopkins is elite but them making a run into the elite 8 isn’t what I was talking about. I’m looking for a surprise like if Liberty jumped into the top 25. Another good surprise school that gets traction here would be Coastal. I’m looking for surprises like that. I would imagine if Liberty ever did get into the Top 25, I would expect that to be a 1 year thing. As for the controlling part. You’ve missed the post on their rules. Insane what those kids have to go through there
Here is my vote for surprise team - East Carolina. Full disclosure not sure I have ever seen them play, but after Ohio State hired their coach I have to say I looked them up. Solid performance last year 10-8. 6 loses to Navy, Duke, Mercer, UNC & Florida (x2) - however each came was competitive score. None of those games had a margin greater than 5, with Florida, UNC and Duke 3 goal difference and Navy a 1 goal game. Their roster looks intact. Goalie, 4 leading point getters and majority of defense back. Schedule is solid with those same teams again plus JMU and Clemson. New coach Brittany Dipper who appears to only have assistant background with 1 year at Virginia and Boston University before that. How they mesh with new coach will be seen, but they would appear to have capability to make noise. The dreaded RPI will gain points from that schedule (win or lose) and if they pull some upsets, they could be pushing the 20-25 range
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

LaxDadMax wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:15 am - NU losing at least 2 in reg season
Just as long as the two losses are not at the hands of Maryland, Carolina or Syracuse. Losses during the regular season aren't bad for galvanizing a team for a post season run. As long as they win their 9th national title, I don't mind what happens during the regular season.
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:43 am
Just as long as the two losses are not at the hands of Maryland, Carolina or Syracuse. Losses during the regular season aren't bad for galvanizing a team for a post season run. As long as they win their 9th national title, I don't mind what happens during the regular season.
That's why I didn't mind the loss to Syracuse at the start of last season: it gave them the opportunity to learn (which the players themselves have said). I knew at the time that it would be a good loss, and it was.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:43 am

My guesses are Syracuse and Hopkins.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:56 pm

I’m going with BC winning over ND
ND BC UNC and NU in the final 4
Elite 8. Final 4 plus Cuse, Denver USC and Hop
Skane winning with Smith runner up
I agree with JMU and Loyola!
Disagree with Coastal. Gonna be Liberty
Penn winning the Ivy.
Clemson winning 4.
I think Liberty has a better chance this year, but I like the bold choice of Coastal. They are getting better there.

Let's keep the Liberty Diploma Mill out of the tourney! :lol:
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

One other thought came to mind, specifically for the MAC. I think Central Michigan is the favorite, but Youngstown State hired a madman, Rob Harris, who knows how to create winning teams. I would not be surprised to see them turn a corner and compete very well within the MAC, eventually taking the lead.

I personally dislike their HC for many reasons--I would never recommend a player play for him, but those looking to get the dubs will go there. Most, except for a select few of his favs, will be absolutely miserable. And they will win.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Saw Youngstown State play at Ohio State play day in the fall. Not sure if they could win the Ohio High School Championship. They were terrible the two games I saw them play losing both by 10 plus to Pitt and Niagara. Seemed to really lack Division 1 talent especially after the mess with the coach the year before.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 pm Saw Youngstown State play at Ohio State play day in the fall. Not sure if they could win the Ohio High School Championship. They were terrible the two games I saw them play losing both by 10 plus to Pitt and Niagara. Seemed to really lack Division 1 talent especially after the mess with the coach the year before.
That’s not shocking given the players they had before and those who jumped in the portal. There are a few other MAC teams that lack D1 talent so they may not be last place in the league.
totc

Post by totc »

Shirtleff is a heck of a player and will do great things right away. But will anyone take note?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”