CNU 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Turnandrake!

Re: CNU 2024

Post by Turnandrake! »

Captains looked dead tonight in every facet of the field. Let’s not overreact. Congrats to Tufts. Well coached and took it to the Captains. It’s early March, not May. We can expect this team and staff to regroup and get better. No better rebound than the Mustang Classic and to go 2-0.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:18 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:58 pm
EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:30 pm AA goalies don’t get pulled for freshman especially as a 6th year. This performance needs to be remembered when they give CNU more awards then any other team in the country and can’t come close to having those players perform in a game that is against programs of their talent. Young is getting beat. Cabaniss looks like a deer in the headlights. D mids look unathletic
Not sure if they pulled the goalie or if he got hurt. Looked like he took a late hit that drew a penalty in the 3rd and never came back in after that.
Took a not-late hit by a 160 lb atk that was not penalized. We figured he had had enough after 5 saves and 17 goals and just wanted out of there. Can't blame him. He may have lost his job tho. That freshman at least made stops.
Agreed, not dirty, but the kid looked legitimately hurt, even leaving the venue after the game. Seemed like an arm injury, may have landed awkwardly. Hope he is okay.

Aside from that, holy cow, CNU might be the most overrated team I’ve ever seen. They do not have a player of the year at any position. That is a team that would struggle for a home game in the Liberty or NESCAC playoffs. Are they Top-20, yes, Top-5, no way. Tufts pulled their starters before the 4th quarter! If they play to the end it’s 25-8. Salisbury will annihilate them this year.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

SouthieLax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:56 pm Aside from that, holy cow, CNU might be the most overrated team I’ve ever seen. They do not have a player of the year at any position. That is a team that would struggle for a home game in the Liberty or NESCAC playoffs. Are they Top-20, yes, Top-5, no way. Tufts pulled their starters before the 4th quarter! If they play to the end it’s 25-8. Salisbury will annihilate them this year.
CNU up there, but Lynchburg and York also in the running for overrated.
Gullsby1000

Post by Gullsby1000 »

Plain and simple, CNU isn't as good as advertised. Salisbury will wipe the floor with them and coach should be ashamed of his performance today. Not living up to the hype and cleary the talent isn't there. I may be biased because I am a gulls fan but I get Salisbury wins by 6+ goals this year.
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

I understand making a tough schedule but why would CNU agree to a tough game against a momentum driven team that’s 10 HOURS AWAY. ON A WEDNESDAY. Recipe for disaster
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:15 pm
SouthieLax wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:56 pm Aside from that, holy cow, CNU might be the most overrated team I’ve ever seen. They do not have a player of the year at any position. That is a team that would struggle for a home game in the Liberty or NESCAC playoffs. Are they Top-20, yes, Top-5, no way. Tufts pulled their starters before the 4th quarter! If they play to the end it’s 25-8. Salisbury will annihilate them this year.
CNU up there, but Lynchburg and York also in the running for overrated.
Right now after last night, Middlebury takes the cake. Count Bowdoin among that group too.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:37 am I understand making a tough schedule but why would CNU agree to a tough game against a momentum driven team that’s 10 HOURS AWAY. ON A WEDNESDAY. Recipe for disaster
They flew up from D.C. the day before, practiced at Tufts and stayed at a hotel.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

it’s not that cnu york and lynchburg are over rated. it is just that tufts and salisbury are in a group of top caliber teams. then you have a big gap, then the next 15 teams are all pretty much equal.
at the beginning of the season, we all thought it was a 4 team gap in that top group. but after 4 weeks, it is clear that RIT and CNU are not in that same group with Tufts and Salisbury
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:37 am I understand making a tough schedule but why would CNU agree to a tough game against a momentum driven team that’s 10 HOURS AWAY. ON A WEDNESDAY. Recipe for disaster
i agree with this. lynchburg did this last year. you will never see a team like tufts, scheduled tough game on the road south of MD in the middle the week.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:16 am
i agree with this. lynchburg did this last year. you will never see a team like tufts, scheduled tough game on the road south of MD in the middle the week.
Williams @ CNU 3/27
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

If the mountain will not come to Mohammed, Mohammed must go to the mountain😉
Laxguy703

Post by Laxguy703 »

CNU laid an egg… plain and simple. Tufts has done this to many teams they have played for the first time. CNU looked unprepared for the pressure ride and pace that Tufts ran which is puzzling.

They are still a very talented team and I have no doubt they make it far into May, but something is off. Their lack of chemistry is apparent which doesn’t make much sense because a lot of these guys have played together for years. Hopefully this wakes them up and helps them realize the way they have been playing isn’t going to cut it.

Two big games coming up at the mustang classic. There is going to be a lot of looking in the mirror before then by coaches and players. Need figure out how to use that talent.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you seen the Tufts schedule over the last few years? I just looked and they have beat up on Cabrini, Lynchburg, and Stevenson in the middle of week during their Spring Break all of which were top teams at that time. Tufts is a MUCH better team than CNU at this point in the season. Lets use this as an opportunity to get better.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

I have no idea if team chemistry is or is not an issue, but maybe a 62 man roster is just to much to manage. I am sure they didn't take 62 guys to Tufts.
Maybe those guys that go to practice everyday and know there is no way they are seeing the field or even traveling to away games aren't pushing those guys that are seeing the field. Again I have know idea but 62 guys is A LOT!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I mentioned this in the CNU 2023 thread, scheduling that game at Tufts was ballsy and risky. I still like the decision to take them on at Bello. Feeling that style and skill early in the year is a helpful tool

The 5th and 6th year heavy rosters, almost across the board, are not delivering yet. I really think there is something to the cultural aspects you just can't put a boundary around.

Season is still in front of them.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:18 pm
BigMoose9 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:58 pm
EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:30 pm AA goalies don’t get pulled for freshman especially as a 6th year. This performance needs to be remembered when they give CNU more awards then any other team in the country and can’t come close to having those players perform in a game that is against programs of their talent. Young is getting beat. Cabaniss looks like a deer in the headlights. D mids look unathletic
Not sure if they pulled the goalie or if he got hurt. Looked like he took a late hit that drew a penalty in the 3rd and never came back in after that.
Took a not-late hit by a 160 lb atk that was not penalized. We figured he had had enough after 5 saves and 17 goals and just wanted out of there. Can't blame him. He may have lost his job tho. That freshman at least made stops.
You are not going to bench your 5th year 3rd team AA goalie for a freshmen after one bad game to a team that shoots the lights out of the ball. Most of the saves the freshmen made were on Tufts backups.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Russian bot quality post. You invoke Lynchburg traveling to Boston to play Tufts midweek, and diss Tufts in the same sentence. That was a home/away series and two years ago Tufts played at Lynchburg on a Tuesday. It’s nice that CNU came North, but it’s nothing special and not an excuse.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

Laxdds wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 am I am sure they didn't take 62 guys to Tufts.
They brought them all. Longest bench I’ve ever seen.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

SouthieLax wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:18 am
Laxdds wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:55 am I am sure they didn't take 62 guys to Tufts.
They brought them all. Longest bench I’ve ever seen.
Wow that really surprises me...CNU must be flush with cash. Good for them.
LacrosseGuy804

Post by LacrosseGuy804 »

The roster size is by design. CNU loses 25 players next year and only brings on 15 freshman. MT knows what he is doing. Btw, just to clarify, CNU does not have any 6th year players on the roster this year.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”