NFL

General Chatter
DMac

Re: NFL

Post by DMac »

The Swift effect is pretty incredible. Is there anybody in the business bigger than Taylor? The numbers she gets at her concerts is just nuts (and those tickets aint cheap), and now she pretty much owns the NFL and gets all the free publicity one could ever want. NFL audience size free publicity...nuts.
Way back when Lady Laker (the loud hard core Trump cultist) was around there was some sort of discussion going on and I used Taylor as an example of squared away young lady who would make/is a good role model for young girls. In typical Lady Laker fashion she exploded on me and told me what a pisz poor example Taylor was. Not thinking she was right about that. Not really a fan of Taylor's music but there sure are a whole lot of people who are. NFL now has the Swifties, gotta love it, everybody wins.

Pulling for the Niners (liking the Purdy story) but Mahomes and the Chiefs are hard to bet against...now Kelce is looking like the Kelce of old again too.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:29 am The Swift effect is pretty incredible. Is there anybody in the business bigger than Taylor? The numbers she gets at her concerts is just nuts (and those tickets aint cheap), and now she pretty much owns the NFL and gets all the free publicity one could ever want. NFL audience size free publicity...nuts.
Way back when Lady Laker (the loud hard core Trump cultist) was around there was some sort of discussion going on and I used Taylor as an example of squared away young lady who would make/is a good role model for young girls. In typical Lady Laker fashion she exploded on me and told me what a pisz poor example Taylor was. Not thinking she was right about that. Not really a fan of Taylor's music but there sure are a whole lot of people who are. NFL now has the Swifties, gotta love it, everybody wins.

Pulling for the Niners (liking the Purdy story) but Mahomes and the Chiefs are hard to bet against...now Kelce is looking like the Kelce of old again too.
I often wonder what Lady Laker is doing these days. Don't recall her signing on to FanLax, once LaxPower was unplugged...any ideas? We would get in to some heated discussion about Navy Lacrosse.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

She did sign up and posted a little bit during the first year of FanLax, but hasn’t been active for close to 5 years.
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:52 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:29 am The Swift effect is pretty incredible. Is there anybody in the business bigger than Taylor? The numbers she gets at her concerts is just nuts (and those tickets aint cheap), and now she pretty much owns the NFL and gets all the free publicity one could ever want. NFL audience size free publicity...nuts.

I often wonder what Lady Laker is doing these days. Don't recall her signing on to FanLax, once LaxPower was unplugged...any ideas? We would get in to some heated discussion about Navy Lacrosse.
I think she's on the campaign trail with Donald, apparently a big supporter of.
Active on Facebook with her thoughts. MDlax76 knows her and has seen her posts.
Question, MDlax, would it be unethical to post a link to her Facebook page? She,
like so many others, is on there so others can see what they're doing. I'm not thinking
it would be unethical.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:59 am The real winner in this game is Kristin Juszczyk. How much can she charge these NFL wives for one of those jackets just like the one Taylor has (and it is a really nice looking jacket).
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 221035007/\
Yup, Kristin wins. Ya knew something like this had to happen when Taylor was wearing one.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kr ... 46eb5&ei=9
old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm Roger will hold up the start time of the Super Bowl to make sure Taylor is able to get to the game on time.
She'll parachute in right before kickoff with the Leap Frogs.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Tom Brady Sr. -- Always entertaining when commenting on Bill Belicheat

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Tom Brady Sr. is going to bat for Bill Belichick

By Christopher L. Gasper Boston Globe Staff, January 31, 2024

"Ego sometimes gets in the way of things," said Tom Brady Sr. "I think it did with Bill."

The argument that the diminishment of Bill Belichick’s coaching impact has gone too far in the wake of his mutual parting with the Patriots after 24 seasons and six Super Bowl titles boasts an unlikely ally. Tom Brady Sr. went to bat for his son’s former boss and partner in the Patriots dynasty.

“I don’t think it’s fair what I’ve seen everybody saying that it’s all Tom,” said Brady Sr. “Bill is the best coach in football, bar none. The last three or four years of his tenure in New England have been in the dumper. It’s too bad.”

If you were expecting Tom Brady’s father to gloat about Belichick’s unseating as Patriots coach, a removal that can be traced to Belichick’s decision following the 2019 season to go it alone without the greatest quarterback of all time, that’s not how the Bradys roll.

Plus, there is little sense in Gronk-spiking on Belichick’s gridiron grave now. Everybody knows that Brady won Tom vs. Time and Brady vs. Belichick. The Hoodie posted three losing seasons in four years and a 29-39 record sans Saint Thomas of San Mateo.

“Bill is tough,” said Brady Sr. “He runs a military system. It’s a different generation. Bill is a great, great, great coach. But his interpersonal skills are horrible. That’s the bottom line.

“How many times has he said — back in ‘15 or ‘16 — that he wanted to win without Tommy? When he went without Tommy, he didn’t know what he was losing. You’re losing more than just a quarterback.

“Ego sometimes gets in the way of things. I think it did with Bill. Now, he’s in a situation where he’s gotten crucified for the last few years by everybody and a lot of luster has come off his rose.”

Despite all the verbal bouquets that Patriots owner Robert Kraft threw at the feet of Belichick upon his departure and at the introduction of new head coach Jerod Mayo, he would like a do-over on the tacit decision he made between Brady and Belichick.

It seemed like a reasonable bet that the coach possessed more career runway than the quarterback. But it backfired, colossally.

Kraft told the Brady's as much when Brady returned for a Foxborough Fete at the team’s season opener on Sept. 10.

“He just said, ‘I made a mistake.’ He told us that back in September,” relayed Brady Sr. “We don’t all make the right decisions, but he’s made a hell of a lot of good ones over the years. But I know that it galls him that Tommy went elsewhere and won. Not that he won, but that he won after Bill said he was done.”

Brady Sr. confirmed the details from an ESPN story that said the Brady family had zero interaction with Belichick during their return trip to Foxborough. But that wasn’t perceived as any slight by Belichick. It was the same as it was for the Brady Bunch during Brady’s 20 years as a Patriot.

The elder Tom Brady said he truly did not know the current status of the Brady-Belichick relationship.

However, Brady Sr. seemed genuinely surprised that Belichick hadn’t landed another job. He was aware that Belichick needs just 15 wins to pass Don Shula as the NFL’s all-time winningest coach.

He pointed out that Lions coach Dan Campbell “lost a game that Belichick never would’ve lost” with the collapse in the NFC Championship game Sunday.

“Bill loves coaching,” said Brady Sr. “But again, I don’t know if teams look at Bill — he’s 71 now — I don’t know that they’re going to bend over backward for him, to provide him the full array of control that he wants to have. That’s the bottom line.

“He could probably turn up somewhere and find 16 games [to win] in two years or three. But if he’s out after that, and the team has reformulated their front office to accommodate his wishes … from their standpoint, I don’t know if the magic is worth the accommodations that they have to make.”

That seems to be the general feeling in the NFL. The Falcons flirted heavily with Belichick, interviewing him twice, but ultimately they elected to hire Raheem Morris.

Of the seven non-New England head coach openings, only Washington remains. Teams appear unconvinced that Belichick can replicate his success without Brady.

Teams could regret not pursuing Belichick the way they regretted passing on Brady when he was a free agent in 2020.

One of those teams, the 49ers, tried to double back and lure Brady out of retirement again before this season, according to current Niners quarterback Brock Purdy, who said coach Kyle Shanahan told him he was the starter unless the team could get Brady.

While praising Purdy for guiding the 49ers to the Super Bowl, Brady was equivocal on that possibility on “The Pat McAfee Show” Tuesday. But his father said he saw it as a nonstarter because of Brady’s three children being based on the East Coast.

“If Purdy got knocked out on Jan. 2, and they needed someone and called Tommy, he might have just stepped back in for two or three games,” said Brady Sr. “As much as he thrives on practice, and not having practiced in so long, I don’t think he would’ve been able to.

“There’s no sense in doing to Tommy’s reputation what Bill did to his reputation.”

Brady Sr. joked he and his wife, Galynn, are going to tell their famous son to unretire because they miss the thrills. “For 24 years, every game meant something,” he said. “Now, no game means anything.”

As far as the premature “debate” about Patrick Mahomes surpassing Brady, Brady Sr. said he enjoys Mahomes. But he longs for Mahomes to have the kind of QB competitors that his son had — perhaps a subtle argument about (cue, Taylor Swift) eras.

“When Tommy was coming through, you had Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Ben Roethlisberger around. Now, when you want to win, Mahomes is the only guy. Who is really on his level?”

Once joined at the hip, the legacies of Brady and Belichick have diverged in opposite directions.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2024/01/31/ ... uthorQuery
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

re Taylor Swift, Sir Charles has something to say about all this:

Charles Barkley slams ‘loser’ NFL fans who think Taylor Swift is ruining football: You’re a ‘jackass’

https://pagesix.com/2024/02/01/entertai ... -football/

Charles Barkley has a pointed message for Taylor Swift’s NFL haters.

“If you’re screaming at T-Swift saying she ruined [football], you’re just a loser. You’re just a loser or a jackass,” the former NBA star, 60, said during Wednesday’s episode of his “King Charles” show with Gayle King.

“You can be A or B. One of the two.”

Their guest, sports commentator Bob Costas, also chimed in to add that the “Cruel Summer” songstress has brought a whole new audience to football since going public with her relationship with Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce last year.

“Look at all the new people she’s brought to the NFL. You see young teen girls who are now watching football for the first time,” King, 69, agreed.

Costas, 71, also speculated that Swift’s presence at Super Bowl 2024 could even increase the sporting event’s already high ratings when the Chiefs take on the San Francisco 49ers on Feb. 11.

“The NFL reigns supreme — not only over sports — but over all of American entertainment. … It’s the only thing that consistently aggregates huge audiences,” he said.

“Like 90 of the top 100 rated television shows in a given year are football games — almost all of them NFL games. And so you would think they couldn’t improve on that, but now they’ve tapped into another demographic.”

Page Six exclusively reported that Swift — who has been attending Chiefs’ games since September 2023 — is expected to make an appearance at the Super Bowl despite her scheduled Eras Tour performance in Japan the day before.

The 12-time Grammy winner’s recurring presence at Kelce’s games this season has stirred up controversy among some NFL fans, who have been frustrated with TV cameras frequently featuring her during the broadcasts.

Amid the backlash, Swift, 34, explained in her Time Person of the Year interview that she doesn’t control how much screen time she gets.

I’m just there to support Travis,” the “Bad Blood” songstress said in December 2023. “I have no awareness of if I’m being shown too much and pissing off a few dads, Brads, and Chads.”

In addition to Barkley, other celebrities have also come to Swift’s defense, however the hitmaker isn’t afraid to stand up for herself.

On Sunday, clapped back at a Baltimore Ravens fan who yelled that she “ruined the NFL,” simply responding, “I didn’t do anything.”

The "politically correct" delusionals hate her guts because she doesn't kiss up to tRump and his right wing horsecaca. Screw them and whoever "thinks" ( if you can call it thinking) like them.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Christopher Walken & Usher BMW ad - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMac

Post by DMac »

A little light on Taylor but entertaining game nonetheless.
10-3 Niners at the half. Lower scoring than most expected.
Purdy handling the big stage just fine so far.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I knew the 49ers were toast when they decided to kick the FG in OT. It was like they were unaware of Mahomes ability to drive down the field for the winning TD. Playing it safe is not an option when your playing KC. Huge credit to KCs defensive coordinator. He brought the heat when he needed to. He wasn't about to play it safe.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:51 am I knew the 49ers were toast when they decided to kick the FG in OT. It was like they were unaware of Mahomes ability to drive down the field for the winning TD. Playing it safe is not an option when your playing KC. Huge credit to KCs defensive coordinator. He brought the heat when he needed to. He wasn't about to play it safe.
That was the only TD KC scored that was a result of a full offensive drive....the other TD was the result of a fluke touching by 49ers off a punt. 49ers Defense locked KC/Mahomes down for close to 5 quarters. I would have also kicked,
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:51 am I knew the 49ers were toast when they decided to kick the FG in OT. It was like they were unaware of Mahomes ability to drive down the field for the winning TD. Playing it safe is not an option when your playing KC. Huge credit to KCs defensive coordinator. He brought the heat when he needed to. He wasn't about to play it safe.
That was the only TD KC scored that was a result of a full offensive drive....the other TD was the result of a fluke touching by 49ers off a punt. 49ers Defense locked KC/Mahomes down for close to 5 quarters. I would have also kicked,
That would normally be the correct move. When Mahomes is at quarterback that has to change your thought process as a coach. When my Bills decided to kick the FG several weeks ago I screamed at the TV to go for the TD. Mahomes is a terror when you give him a chance. Kelce was shut down until the last drive.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kudos to KC!

Great game, especially the ending.

I wonder if Kelce is going to pay a fine for bumping into coach Reid:

https://www.google.com/search?q=kelce+b ... e&ie=UTF-8

My 58th Super Bowl - have seen each and every one of them. So much fun!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Gotta love that Travis Kelce had to pay a cool $1 million for a suite for Taylor Swift, his family and friends at Allegiant Stadium

Wonder if there was also room for the PsyOps team members. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Chiefs used the same play to win the game yesterday that they used against the Eagles last year. Hard to believe the 49ers weren’t wise to it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:13 am Gotta love that Travis Kelce had to pay a cool $1 million for a suite for Taylor Swift, his family and friends at Allegiant Stadium

Wonder if there was also room for the PsyOps team members. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kelce must hooked on the buns....that crowd in her booth is sus!
Ice Spice representing the devil, an upside down cross, and Balenciaga....how got in hot water for advertising with kids in a sexual manor.
~Livy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I'm glad for Kansas City, mainly because it aggravates Cheatriots fans that the Chiefs took over their dynasty and Mahomes is right on Brady's heels for greatest of all time.

Bill Belicheat and the Cheatriots could not have bottomed out any more beautifully. 4-13 and no one would hire the Greatest Cheater of All Time after he got fired. Perfect!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:03 am I'm glad for Kansas City, mainly because it aggravates Cheatriots fans that the Chiefs took over their dynasty and Mahomes is right on Brady's heels for greatest of all time.

Bill Belicheat and the Cheatriots could not have bottomed out any more beautifully. 4-13 and no one would hire the Greatest Cheater of All Time after he got fired. Perfect!
Certainly a reason to support the NFL Conspiracies about fixing the games. Out with Bill, in with Andy.
~Livy

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”