Bryant 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
NNELax

Bryant 2024

Post by NNELax »

Year 2 for Coach Ross after a great 2023 campaign. The Bulldogs had a great run to an America East conference championship and took a whooping in the NCAA tournament to a strong Hopkins squad. 2024 seems loaded with returning players who hopefully spent the offseason hungry to get back to the tournament and show they belong there.

IL had this to say about Bryant in 2024:

"America East Winner Prediction: Bryant
It’s hard to pick against veteran leadership, and the Bulldogs have it. They have their five leading scorers back, and entire attack, the Hackett brothers and tons of seniors and grad students. Add in the familiarity with Year 2 of the staff, and that’s just a recipe for success. I wrote up UAlbany as an under-the-radar team, and there is something brewing that you saw the last quarter of 2023 and into the postseason. Expect the Danes to make it difficult, and don’t expect the winner of this conference to go wire to wire undefeated."

Bryant opens the season against Providence, BU, Harvard and QU. Should be a great slate to get them ready for the AE. #GoDawgs
NNELax

Re: Bryant 2024

Post by NNELax »

1-0 with a win over Providence..BIG Friday matchup with BU

#godawgs
Finster

Post by Finster »

Bryant FOGO Lailiberte is going off today at 88% won, against a very good squad of FOGO’s at BU.

Difference maker. Didn’t see Bryant taking down BU.

Wow.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Wow! What a great win for the program. Coach Ross had the team ready to go and they were dominant for the entire game. My guess is the team had a chip on their shoulder after falling to BU last year in a close one. Can't say enough of the work at the FO X and the stout defense and goaltending. Gave the offense a ton of opportunities to methodically score goals and burn clock.

Tough to beat any team when you're playing that much defense. BU will be just fine and Polley will have them ready to go for the PL.

Next up is Harvard. I have to imagine the Crimson will not be taking Bryant lightly. Hopefully Bryant cracks the rankings this week. They certainly belong within the Top 25 discussion.

#godawgs
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I was only able to watch the first half but Bryant looked really good. Possessions helped for sure, but they dominated every other facet of the game as well. BU looked like they didn’t want to be there by the end of the half, and they were at home. Impressive win.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

ctbagataway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 am I was only able to watch the first half but Bryant looked really good. Possessions helped for sure, but they dominated every other facet of the game as well. BU looked like they didn’t want to be there by the end of the half, and they were at home. Impressive win.
I watched the whole game and that was my impression as well. Faceoffs were obviously dominated by Bryant, but so was every other phase of the game. It looked like the Terriers were trying to get the game over with in order to get a good seat at the bar for happy hour. Total domination. Bryant looked very good.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Great game vs Crimson this evening. 11-10 Bryant start of 4th. Such a fun team to watch, Coach Pressler has built a great program, and now Coach Ross adding his wrinkles.

Funny watching Harvard copy what Bryant has been doing on O with the high wing dodges and using the inside crease to show pick then move backside to force a long slide.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

What a great game. Shame Bryant couldn't pull it out. Such a solid mid major program Pressler built. Ross was the perfect guy to take it over. They have tough athletic kids and play such an exciting style of lacrosse. Bryant can compete with anyone outside of the top 10 and should crack the top 20 sometime this yr.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Two tough losses for Coach Ross and the bulldogs...Had the chance to take down Harvard and couldn't execute down the stretch...QU just flat out beat them...Fun for Coach Poli to get a win over his alma mater..Those are three solid wins for a QU squad that has struggled as of late...

Two winnable games before conference play...but I would not take either team lightly

#godawgs
sholokov2

Post by sholokov2 »

NNELax wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:38 am Two tough losses for Coach Ross and the bulldogs...Had the chance to take down Harvard and couldn't execute down the stretch...QU just flat out beat them...Fun for Coach Poli to get a win over his alma mater..Those are three solid wins for a QU squad that has struggled as of late...

Two winnable games before conference play...but I would not take either team lightly

#godawgs
from an SU fan to a great Bryant team - very impressive fight with a good Harvard team. I have never heard of or seen Johnny Hackett who impressed me as a player to be feared by all the top D1 teams. His speed, quickness, agility and all- round athleticism, for me, put him with the best D1 players.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

sholokov2 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:26 pm
NNELax wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:38 am Two tough losses for Coach Ross and the bulldogs...Had the chance to take down Harvard and couldn't execute down the stretch...QU just flat out beat them...Fun for Coach Poli to get a win over his alma mater..Those are three solid wins for a QU squad that has struggled as of late...

#godawgs
from an SU fan to a great Bryant team - very impressive fight with a good Harvard team. I have never heard of or seen Johnny Hackett who impressed me as a player to be feared by all the top D1 teams. His speed, quickness, agility and all- round athleticism, for me, put him with the best D1 players.
He really is impressive to watch...It's interesting because for a bit they were very attack heavy on O...now it seems they are much more balanced...Coach Ross has added a nice wrinkle to the O and it has paid dividends...
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

4-2 with two rebound wins over Manhattan and Fairfield...particularly impressive win over Fairfield who has shown signs of turning a corner (one goal loss to Lehigh)..Bryant dominated the Stags...Seems like this team can play with anyone when focused and can also simply not show up...

BIG TEST against a underrated UMBC squad...should be a good litmus test for Bryant

#godawgs
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Back on track at 6-3 with a nice win over NJIT...BIG test for Coach Ross against a solid Albany squad who is better than their record shows...Albany has lost some close games to good squads and seems to be the frontrunner in the conference beating Vermont and UMBC in close games.

Hats off to the Bryant D in the second half today...really fantastic play by Whalen #37 getting the ball off the turf..8 ground balls and 2 CT's deserves a shout out!

Other interesting notes from the game writeup:

The Bulldogs continue their dominant season at the X as they currently rank second in the nation in faceoff win percentage (674). Nathan LaLiberte returns to the top spot amongst individuals winning at a amongst individuals for faceoff win percentage; winning close to 70% of draws.

The Black and Gold is also top five in the NCAA in ground balls per game with averaging 39.13.

Bryant has three players inside the top 15 for goals in the conference (Lonsinger, Hackett, Goltz).

Drew Lucas is tied for third in the America East Conference in caused turnovers with 16 so far this year.

#godawgs
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

BIG Win for Coach Ross and the dawgs against a solid Albany squad....Next two games are critical for seeding and potential hosting of AE tournament..

One game at a time with the Ocean State Cup on the horizon...(Interested to see what Brown team shows up)...

#godawgs
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

AE is WIDE OPEN....Bryant getting pounded by Vermont....Wake up call for the Dawgs
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

What has to happen for Bryant to earn the #1 seed in the America East Tournament and the right to host it?
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:52 pm What has to happen for Bryant to earn the #1 seed in the America East Tournament and the right to host it?
I believe they cannot get the #1 seed because they have losses to UMBC and Vermont who both sit at 4-2 in conference (like Bryant)...Since UMBC plays Vermont this week only one can lose...They would need Albany to lose this weekend and to beat Merrimack...Although I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is if there are 3 teams at 5-2 (Bryant if they beat Merrimack / Winner of Vermont/UMBC / If Albany falls to Binghamton or Binghamton beats Albany)?

BIG GAME TONIGHT FOR STATE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!! I usually like to root for the RI teams unless they are playing Bryant...
#GODAWGS
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

Nice win over Brown....NEED a strong showing against Merrimack to set the tone for the AE playoffs....

#godawgs
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Congrats on a good win and retaining the O.S. Cup. Good luck in AE.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

NNELax wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am
gymman1031 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:52 pm What has to happen for Bryant to earn the #1 seed in the America East Tournament and the right to host it?
I believe they cannot get the #1 seed because they have losses to UMBC and Vermont who both sit at 4-2 in conference (like Bryant)...Since UMBC plays Vermont this week only one can lose...They would need Albany to lose this weekend and to beat Merrimack...Although I'm not sure what the tiebreaker is if there are 3 teams at 5-2 (Bryant if they beat Merrimack / Winner of Vermont/UMBC / If Albany falls to Binghamton or Binghamton beats Albany)?

BIG GAME TONIGHT FOR STATE BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!! I usually like to root for the RI teams unless they are playing Bryant...
#GODAWGS
You mean Brown? Is there another?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”