Big Ten 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Big Ten 2024

Post by wgdsr »

coda wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:55 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:05 pm Don’t think a coach believing they play in the best conference is all that controversial, rather the “pretty boy” snark could be taken with different perspectives.
ACC isn’t even a conference, but he has to remember ACC lax fans = SEC football fans, so it won’t be forgotten
we're doing this again this year? the manuals and rulebooks literally say "a conference must have 6 teams minimum in order to receive an aq."

so nothing we don't already know. evidently other than for some folks that the nc$$ considers leagues with less than 6 teams a conference.

as far as sec football equivalents, there's some truth to that it seems from at least 3 of the lax conferences. a big difference with regard to the acc is the schools have all won champs in the last 15 years, with cuse doing it before joining. so it's not like fans of those teams are miss st, arkansas or vandy fans riding on coattails from irrelevant programs. there's also real disappointment when their own team isn't contending, not glomming on to those who do.

any event, i don't have a problem with conroy's statements, and am not exactly a fan of his.. he's shooting his shot. mich has been a stepchild until late last year, this is their opportunity to have their water find a new level. wear a black hat or have some swagger, smacktalking in the coaching ranks for lax is too milquetoast as it is.

but not on fanlax!!!
coda

Post by coda »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:44 am
Gorilla Fan wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:05 pm Don’t think a coach believing they play in the best conference is all that controversial, rather the “pretty boy” snark could be taken with different perspectives.
ACC isn’t even a conference, but he has to remember ACC lax fans = SEC football fans, so it won’t be forgotten
we're doing this again this year? the manuals and rulebooks literally say "a conference must have 6 teams minimum in order to receive an aq."

so nothing we don't already know. evidently other than for some folks that the nc$$ considers leagues with less than 6 teams a conference.

as far as sec football equivalents, there's some truth to that it seems from at least 3 of the lax conferences. a big difference with regard to the acc is the schools have all won champs in the last 15 years, with cuse doing it before joining. so it's not like fans of those teams are miss st, arkansas or vandy fans riding on coattails from irrelevant programs. there's also real disappointment when their own team isn't contending, not glomming on to those who do.

any event, i don't have a problem with conroy's statements, and am not exactly a fan of his.. he's shooting his shot. mich has been a stepchild until late last year, this is their opportunity to have their water find a new level. wear a black hat or have some swagger, smacktalking in the coaching ranks for lax is too milquetoast as it is.

but not on fanlax!!!
Not a conference was tongue and cheek, but I don think there will be an ACC LAX conference in the near future.

Wasnt smart, but it really doesnt matter. It game 1 of the season. Its not like everyone isnt coming out jacked up. I am rooting for his success. Michigan winning is good for lacrosse. It needs more geographic diversity and universities with large alumni bases playing for championships.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:56 am

but not on fanlax!!!
Not a conference was tongue and cheek, but I don think there will be an ACC LAX conference in the near future.

Wasnt smart, but it really doesnt matter. It game 1 of the season. Its not like everyone isnt coming out jacked up. I am rooting for his success. Michigan winning is good for lacrosse. It needs more geographic diversity and universities with large alumni bases playing for championships.
* tongue in cheek ;)
the ground is shifting underneath everywhere in the p5s. hoo knows where it all ends up. included in scenarios is one where the b1g doesn't have a lax "conference" either. next up is motions and judges and rulings.

for moi, i'm good on any expansion or none. lacrosse, in the present, is in a good place. contraction is also on the table given a hyper focus on football @ the top of the pyramid, so i'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
coda

Post by coda »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:10 am

but not on fanlax!!!

* tongue in cheek ;)
the ground is shifting underneath everywhere in the p5s. hoo knows where it all ends up. included in scenarios is one where the b1g doesn't have a lax "conference" either. next up is motions and judges and rulings.

for moi, i'm good on any expansion or none. lacrosse, in the present, is in a good place. contraction is also on the table given a hyper focus on football @ the top of the pyramid, so i'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Lax needs to reach a broader audience. We can all complain about Title IX, but TV viewership and attendance are keeping it a B rated sport.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

^^^ for a broader audience I think lacrosse needs a pro league that is full time and pays well. Home Stadiums like Audi field. A serious pro league with 30 plus games.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:13 am

but not on fanlax!!!

* tongue in cheek ;)

Lax needs to reach a broader audience. We can all complain about Title IX, but TV viewership and attendance are keeping it a B rated sport.
tomato, tomato. kinda like what lacrosse has built, where it is. like that ivies can contend. patriot teams, or big east teams, and others if they get it going. don't really care if tyler from spartanburg is tuning in. title ix doesn't really have anything to do with any of it from the men's side, but i'm glad it's opened up the women's side as they had been on the short end of the stick for ages. ymmv.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Full game, Penn State v Villanova, has been posted,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjCy4vqQz-8
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 am
coda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:13 am

but not on fanlax!!!

* tongue in cheek ;)

tomato, tomato. kinda like what lacrosse has built, where it is. like that ivies can contend. patriot teams, or big east teams, and others if they get it going. don't really care if tyler from spartanburg is tuning in. title ix doesn't really have anything to do with any of it from the men's side, but i'm glad it's opened up the women's side as they had been on the short end of the stick for ages. ymmv.
Tyler from Spartanburg has mop hair and wears ties to
Football games on Sat at Clemson seated next to a
Guy in overalls with a cowbell.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Post by 1766 »

but not on fanlax!!!

According to the NCAA there isn't an Acc lacrosse conference now. They don't have the required 6 teams to be recognized as such. That doesn't hurt tournament entrance chances but the Acc is not a recognized league outside of people who follow the sport. It would benefit the sport greatly if they in fact did add another team for actual recognition. It's sort of mickey mouse'ish to see them go through the motions but not actually be recognized by the governing body.

Post by 1766 »

Duplicate
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why do folks whine about the ACC so much and why doesit come so often from petty big ten fans of lacrosse. It’s insane. It’s like whining about ref calls. You can’t control that focus in what you can control and save the energy for more productive anything. Skinless folks wanting to transfer costs and gain the benefits while claiming nothings changed in the surface. It’s so silly.
See Martin, Malcolm

Post by 1766 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:44 pm Why do folks whine about the ACC so much and why doesit come so often from petty big ten fans of lacrosse. It’s insane. It’s like whining about ref calls. You can’t control that focus in what you can control and save the energy for more productive anything. Skinless folks wanting to transfer costs and gain the benefits while claiming nothings changed in the surface. It’s so silly.
Who is whining? It's a simple fact.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

1766 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 pm

but not on fanlax!!!

According to the NCAA there isn't an Acc lacrosse conference now. They don't have the required 6 teams to be recognized as such. That doesn't hurt tournament entrance chances but the Acc is not a recognized league outside of people who follow the sport. It would benefit the sport greatly if they in fact did add another team for actual recognition. It's sort of mickey mouse'ish to see them go through the motions but not actually be recognized by the governing body.
i will post it again for you:

i'll translate: the nc$$ considers them a conference, just one that is not large enough to garner an automatic qualifier to the winner. teams will have to be evaluated for an at large spot only.

whenever the nc$$ got in to the automatic qualifier business for lacrosse (the aughts?), imo it was great for the game. gave any schools playing a legitimate shot at the postseason. probably/definitely resulted in schools taking up the sport as well. did you believe hopkins was doing it wrong and running a mickey mouse operation all those years?

as far as benefitting the sport... advise? how and who does that help? you realize that given the structured nc$$ rules as of today, that if the acc were to tack another team on, then the 4 bottom aq teams would have play-ins mid week vs the 2 we have now? how does that benefit those guys?

Post by 1766 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:35 pm

but not on fanlax!!!

i will post it again for you:

i'll translate: the nc$$ considers them a conference, just one that is not large enough to garner an automatic qualifier to the winner. teams will have to be evaluated for an at large spot only.

whenever the nc$$ got in to the automatic qualifier business for lacrosse (the aughts?), imo it was great for the game. gave any schools playing a legitimate shot at the postseason. probably/definitely resulted in schools taking up the sport as well. did you believe hopkins was doing it wrong and running a mickey mouse operation all those years?

as far as benefitting the sport... advise? how and who does that help? you realize that given the structured nc$$ rules as of today, that if the acc were to tack another team on, then the 4 bottom aq teams would have play-ins mid week vs the 2 we have now? how does that benefit those guys?

How? The fact that no other major sport in the NCAA does this for starters. It makes the sport appear small. Which I guess it is. Few people think the Acc, 5 great programs, wouldn't be viewed even more favorably by having an AQ and 6 teams to be recognized as such. Probably no sense in doing it at this point with what appears to be more tectonic plates shifting.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

lmao. you're talking about nonsense stuff and i'm pretty sure you didn't take a poll. the season's upon us.

Post by 1766 »

It's in no way controversial to say that there will be more conference movement. The Big Ten and SEC are going to see to that as their announced joint committee essentially states. The only question is who is going where from the Acc and perhaps Big 12. FSU's lawsuit and discovery are going to be interesting for those who follow such things. The allegations they've made are certainly salacious.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

1766 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm It's in no way controversial to say that there will be more conference movement. The Big Ten and SEC are going to see to that as their announced joint committee essentially states. The only question is who is going where from the Acc and perhaps Big 12. FSU's lawsuit and discovery are going to be interesting for those who follow such things. The allegations they've made are certainly salacious.
apologies, i wasn't addressing any of that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

but not on fanlax!!!
Yes the Rutgers clown keeps repeating the same inaccurate thing due to lack of effort to utilize resources neurologically embedded inside of him.

A conference is not defined by NCAA access to postseason rules. So silly.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:59 pm
1766 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm It's in no way controversial to say that there will be more conference movement. The Big Ten and SEC are going to see to that as their announced joint committee essentially states. The only question is who is going where from the Acc and perhaps Big 12. FSU's lawsuit and discovery are going to be interesting for those who follow such things. The allegations they've made are certainly salacious.
apologies, i wasn't addressing any of that.
Why apologize you were clear.
See Martin, Malcolm
coda

Post by coda »

but not on fanlax!!!

The ACC is in serious trouble. I don’t think there is an ACC, at least in its current form, in a few years. UNC and UVa will likely find homes else where. The question will be SEC or Big 10. So I don’t think finding another team is beneficial. Realignment will have an effect on lacrosse. College sports is becoming about the have and nots. I am not holding out much hope for new (proper) schools, but if it happens it will likely be from the Big 10 or SEC. Schools that are not in those conferences are facing tougher budgets, where cuts are more likely than expansion

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”