Big Ten 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxguy703

Re: Big Ten 2024

Post by Laxguy703 »

Boneheaded move by Meyers to pull some starters early in the 2nd quarter. 8-1 lead turned into a 8-6 lead against a weak team.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:20 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:16 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:09 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:30 am
JeremyCuse wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:14 am
44WeWantMore wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:46 pm
mdk01 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:44 am
RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:41 am
coda wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:16 am
RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:04 am All true and accurate statements. So, tell me why ND and Duke are still #3 and #5 in the USILS lax poll and Syracuse, with 2 losses, albeit 1 goal losses to maryland and Army, is still in the top ten, at #9. Barring a blowout loss in ACC conference play, it suggests these teams won't fall out of the top ten for the rest of the season, lol. In my opinion, everything is rigged again to get 4 teams in the tourney from the ACC, leaving only 4 at large births for the rest of the teams and subsequently, limiting the Big Ten to 2 or possibly 3 teams in the NCAA tourney, most likely Hopkins and Maryland. Just remember, the ACC still has only 5 teams and thereby does not have a conference tourney and have never attempted to add another team. Some things never change in college lacrosse.
Big 10 has a huge weekend coming up. Come out on top and it will really bode well for the tournament.
PSU v Cornell
Rutgers vs Princeton
Michigan vs Harvard.

OSu vs ND (less than 0 expectations)
Hop vs Cuse
I agree. However, if OSU beats ND, I will bet ND is still in the top ten, lol.
Let me guess, it's a home game for Syracuse.
I think you guessed correctly. Live Stats appears to be Syracuse-branded, so they are probably the home team at the neutral site (Charlotte, NC)
Hopkins was the home team as they played at the Dome last year, Hop moved the game to Charlotte.
According to a local Charlotte media report (from a reporter who says he's a Syracuse alum), the game was supposed to be at Homewood this year but Gait said no. I assure you Hopkins would have preferred to have it at home. It's unclear if the game would have been played at all if not for this Charlotte thing.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/sports/col ... 6c39701a2f
That reporter is incorrect, there are no renovations currently and the Dome was wide open this weekend. This game always rotates home and away, zero chance SU tried to strong arm Hop of all teams over the location
So you think he's lying? There is less than zero chance Hopkins willingly volunteered to give away a home game for no reason which appears to be what you're saying
I said incorrect, the issue appears to be the person he spoke to from the classic. That persons info makes zero sense. There are no renovations currently, SU is redoing the seating in the Dome but that's not until May and the Dome was free and clear this weekend. Secondly outside of one series where the Dome actually wasn't available and both teams rotated 2 straight home games the series has always rotated home and away. Why would Syracuse suddenly get Two straight home games or tell Hopkins were playing at a neutral field or not at all, Hopkins would just laugh.

Lastly the guy mentions something about 3 straight years of home games for SU, the matchup was at Homewood 2 years ago. So again his info makes no sense.
You're leaving out the part where the guy says Cuse didn't want to play at Homewood again. Feels like a bizarre thing to say out of thin air. Sounds like he spoke to someone at Syracuse and that it was he was told. I'll grant that something could have been easily lost in translation. But even so I'm not sure how you get from that to "Hopkins moved the game." It does not pass the smell test that Hop would unilaterally decide to play a third straight ACC game on the road instead of at Homewood.
Something was way lost in translation or this game was scheduled/agreed to like 2 years ago. Look at what he says "the Dome was closed again and they didn't want to go back for a third time". He's talking about 2020 and 2022 when the games were played on the road in consecutive matchups at Hop and in 2022 specifically due to construction issues at SU. Last years game was at the Dome so his comment about a third time makes no sense, third what? Also as I mentioned the Dome is wide open and was available yesterday.

Perhaps both teams mutually agreed to a neutral site game, not unheard of so it wasn't Hop "moving the game" like I first mentioned but the article clearly has errors.
Homeboy is leaning too hard on postmodern horrid news reporting ( CLT paper never known as classics even compared with the whack AJC).

But if the hop guys says subacute is lying and his fat removed moron reporter knows what’s up and everyone else is lying well then naturally that must be the case.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

There's no shame in losing to Navy ever. But the 1 in a million Denver loss now puts a lot of pressure on the next 6 weeks. Jays will have to win most of the games that are mostly 50/50 propositions.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Me in Q1: Man, Navy is bad and Hop is going to beat them 15.
Me in Q2-Q3: What is Hop's offense doing?!
Me in Q4: Ah, Cottle is running his 2009 Maryland offense again.

Really surprised Hop lost that game. Navy is not very good.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Wheels wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:49 am Me in Q1: Man, Navy is bad and Hop is going to beat them 15.
Me in Q2-Q3: What is Hop's offense doing?!
Me in Q4: Ah, Cottle is running his 2009 Maryland offense again.

Really surprised Hop lost that game. Navy is not very good.
I know they have some bad losses but it's not like they are bad due to lack of talent. They seem to consistently do well with recruiting
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Colgate is no longer a bad loss for PSU,
Colgate is top 20 RPI.

Navy beat Hopkins, Yale beat Harvard, Cornell beat Princeton,
Penn State is #2 in RPI,

they’re a lock for the NCAAs, which they haven’t made many, just
six NCAAs to date.

They’ll need to beat OSU to solidify things even more in terms of post season.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:15 pm Colgate is no longer a bad loss for PSU,
Colgate is top 20 RPI.

Navy beat Hopkins, Yale beat Harvard, Cornell beat Princeton,
Penn State is #2 in RPI,

they’re a lock for the NCAAs, which they haven’t made many, just
six NCAAs to date.

They’ll need to beat OSU to solidify things even more in terms of post season.
That new coach they brought in before the 23 season to take over for the failed Tambroni like everyone on these boards insisted was really a brilliant and prescient move by the AD!

Wait, that did happen right? I mean no way all the folks insisting he has to go around FL could be wrong with all their hyper confident expertise?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Always good beating The Ohio State on their home turf.

Kyle Lehman was being kept out the past xx games, to have him ready for B1G play, today.
And it looks like Ethan Long was out this game, Posey still not back yet.

Good defense and real solid freshman goalie though for OSU.

Penn State #2 RPI with the win now over (then) #19 OSU.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Sun right in the Hop goalie's eyes right now. Rutgers better make hay this quarter. Hop shooters will be sure to take advantage in the 2nd quarter. SHI Stadium is a tough place to play for visiting teams.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

OSU had no answers for PSU in the 2nd half. Tambroni’s halftime adjustments blew away whatever Meyers tried to do after the break, which seems to be a theme with Meyers’ teams.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Melendez needs to be benched.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

He doesn't look confident out there at all.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

In the JHU thread there is speculation that he is hurt. But no matter the reason, surely there is somebody who can produce more.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Usually if a high production player’s performance drops sharply it is due to injury or a personal issue e.g family crisis or other personal issue.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

And he did come through with a couple of goals right after I posted.

Look, I want players to say, "Put me in, coach, I can still do it." But I want the coach to know what is best for the program and the player long-term. I remember cringing as I watched Joey hobbling in that first Loyola game after his injury. He should never have gone beyond the exercise bike or the swimming pool that year.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

With Yale playing LIU, that game drops them below Penn State in the ever changing RPI calculations.

Penn State is number one in RPI, for now - likely for the first time since they made the Final Four in 2019.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Fracyon is seeing the ball early on.
coda

Post by coda »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:17 pm Fracyon is seeing the ball early on.
He is the best goalie in the Big 10. Little shocked at this PSU offense. I know they are good, but toying with the Maryland defense
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Doesn't look like the plan is for PSU to play a possession game,

that's where I thought they'd go, but guess not.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Penn State looks so damn confident. Terps look anything but.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”