Liberty League 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: Liberty League 2024

Post by Laxattackjack »

BallBag wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 am 6-0 last night for the Liberty League.... Good showing to start.

Granted some were good "warm-up" games but yet some were a little closer than anticipated. I guess we shall see but pretty good.

RIT, Clarkson, Union, Ithaca, Skidmore, and Vassar all victorious
what was happening with RIT last night? at the end of the 3rd, it was 11-8. seems closer than expected.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

Laxattackjack wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 am
BallBag wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 am 6-0 last night for the Liberty League.... Good showing to start.

Granted some were good "warm-up" games but yet some were a little closer than anticipated. I guess we shall see but pretty good.

RIT, Clarkson, Union, Ithaca, Skidmore, and Vassar all victorious
what was happening with RIT last night? at the end of the 3rd, it was 11-8. seems closer than expected.
Pulled away at the end but agreed, oddly close through the first 3 frames. Looking forward to seeing how they play in their matchup on Saturday vs York.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

https://x.com/diiilacrosse/status/1765 ... P7KZN9jCQg

LL took it to the nescac yesterday. Great start for OOC games.

Other notable scores:
SLU 16, Geneseo 5
Naz 13, IC 4
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Big day for the LL yesterday with some really good wins. Noticed that Judge Murphy (SLU) has put up 23g, 11a for 34 points through 5 games. Granted this is against some weaker teams but that is a rapid pace (6.8ppg) out of the gate. If he keeps this up going into the meat of SLUs schedule and getting into LL play, I see him as one of the favorites for LL offensive player of the year. Granted there is a long way to go and so much can happen, buts he's at the top for me right now.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

Lot of great individual play but great to see Liberty flexing it's strength to start the year
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Interesting matchup between IC and Scranton today. IC has struggled since the upset win over Fisher, while Scranton is a solid team that keeps improving.
Low2high22

Post by Low2high22 »

Some big games coming up soon!
- SLU and RIT representing the LL at the Mustang Classic which could prove to be big come selection Sunday
- RPI vs Williams and Union vs Middlebury 3/20

The top four teams look STRONG
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

Love what I saw from SLU this weekend. What a treat they were to watch, Liberty League is stacked!! Gonna be a dog fight in conference play.
Pegasus6

Post by Pegasus6 »

Larries looked really good on Defense and the faceoff X.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

Congrats and well done to SLU and RIT. Very solid showing over the weekend!
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Can we make a lax rule that RIT and Tufts must play every season? That was fun lacrosse.

Quite an impressive weekend for the Tigers. As strong as I believe RPI and St. Lawrence are, I'm not sure how you beat RIT. Anything is possible on any given Saturday, but the Tigers are deadly, especially on fast breaks and in unsettled situations.

Big props to Stevenson University for hosting the Mustang Classic and streaming the game to hungry lax fans. In case you didn't notice, SU has a Roku app. I watched all the games on the big screen.
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

Huge weekend for the LL. Going to have 4 teams in the top ten in the next poll with 2, possibly 3 (RIT, SLU, maybe RPI) in the top 5. Union should be somewhere in 6-8 range. Very excited for when these teams face off against each other. Can’t forget what a strong start Skidmore is having as well this year, who are ranked in the top 20. The LL looks to be as strong as ever this year.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

I’m sure I’m missing a few wins but by my count the league has 14 wins over 2023 AQ League Champs.

14 Wins over 2023 AQ Teams…. LET THAT SINK IN.

SUNYAC champ - x 2
RPI 19 - Geneseo 11, SLU 16 - Geneseo 5

CCC Champ - SLU 15 - WNE 8

ODAC Champ - RIT 15 - W&L 9

NEWMAC Champ - Union 14 - Babson 13

Empire 8 Champ - x 2
Ithaca 12 - Fisher 10, SLU 12 - Fisher 8

Landmark Champ - Ithaca 15 - Scranton 12

Presidents - RIT 22 - Groove City 7

North Coast Champ - RIT 22 - Denison 8

Mac Commonwealth Champ- x 3
RPI 8 - York 7, RIT 11 - York 10, SLU 9 - York 8

NESCAC Champ - RIT 16 - Tufts 11

Plus:
RPI over Midd
Union over Williams
SLU over CNU
dp68

Post by dp68 »

Well done. Thanks for putting that together, VT.

RIT is the favorite of course, but SLU has elite talent and looks like a team of destiny. I don't think they're afraid of OT games, lol.
billyosier

Post by billyosier »

Heck of a weekend for the LL. RIT handled business against Tufts and SLU looks to be a handful this year. League play should be phenomenal!

USILA’s Week 7 poll is loaded with LL teams:
#2 RIT
#4 SLU
#5 RPI
#8 Union

When’s the last time the polls looked like this for the LL??
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

FANTASTIC showing by the Liberty this year, ya'll are off to a great start. Enjoyed seeing your guys play at the Mustang Classic, job well done.

Best wishes the rest of the way!
RetiredLLLaxer

Post by RetiredLLLaxer »

billyosier wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:48 pm Heck of a weekend for the LL. RIT handled business against Tufts and SLU looks to be a handful this year. League play should be phenomenal!

USILA’s Week 7 poll is loaded with LL teams:
#2 RIT
#4 SLU
#5 RPI
#8 Union

When’s the last time the polls looked like this for the LL??
This league is proving itself as the best in the country with no debate. Some more big wins over the NESCAC last night for RPI and Union. League play kicking off soon is going to a blast to watch!
FosterLax3

Post by FosterLax3 »

The league has been the best in the nation in terms of top end teams for the past 5 years or so. Historically the NESCAC has better depth down at the bottom which is why they are normally considered the best in D3. With the loss of Bard a couple years back and with Skidmore, Vassar and Clarkson all looking much better recently, I think the LL is taken over the mantle of best conference in D3 from top to bottom.
Pegasus6

Post by Pegasus6 »

I am a fan of the teams in the Liberty League but I can't understand why the question of whether it is the best league in DIII is constantly a subject of conversation. Same for NESCAC folks too. I mean you are arguing to an echo chamber more or less. The only thing I can think of is how Pool B teams getting AQ's leaves really good teams who are battle tested in better leagues sitting out of the tournament because the NCAA does not want to have 3 or 4 teams from the same league getting an at large seeding.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Pegasus6 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:46 pm I am a fan of the teams in the Liberty League but I can't understand why the question of whether it is the best league in DIII is constantly a subject of conversation. Same for NESCAC folks too. I mean you are arguing to an echo chamber more or less. The only thing I can think of is how Pool B teams getting AQ's leaves really good teams who are battle tested in better leagues sitting out of the tournament because the NCAA does not want to have 3 or 4 teams from the same league getting an at large seeding.
Spot on. All tournaments in every sport allow the cream to rise to the top. The Pool B experiment is dead. Name me a Pool B team that has elevated its program in the last five years due to its exposure in the tournament. Instead, good teams that play competitive schedules or are in tough conferences are left at home on selection Sunday. Those teams would crush the Pool B’s by double digits. Take the best twenty four teams in D3 and let them fight it out.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”