D3 Mens Lacrosse
laxdad30

Landmark Conference 2024

Post by laxdad30 »

Started.
Tightyrighty

Re: Landmark Conference 2024

Post by Tightyrighty »

Thank you laxdad. Any news about any transfers ? 2 new foes entering the conference. Curious how the tournament will play out with more teams now
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Tightyrighty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:34 pm Thank you laxdad. Any news about any transfers ? 2 new foes entering the conference. Curious how the tournament will play out with more teams now
I'm thinking top 6? 1-2 byes? Maybe.

Goucher has a transfer, i think. A Goalie. Not sure where he's from
beachbum1334

Post by beachbum1334 »

Excited for the 2024 season! Any predictions?
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Six teams qualify for the Landmark championship.

Seed 3 plays seed 6 and seed 4 plays seed 5 in the opening round on April 30. Seeds 1 and 2 have byes.

First round winners play bye teams on May 2.

Championship game is on May 4.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

First off: Oh NevadaJoe have I missed you!

Second: Predictions Below
1. Scranton the electric city! - I think until someone knocks em off you gotta keep the champ where they are at the top. I know that the pole, pierce, is back for them and they have a good O with Boyle but gonna be real hard to fill crapanzano shoes. Wouldn’t be shocked if a fall off on O happens like Catholic did after Crowley. Can’t wait to hear the lovely scranton dads at the tailgate fight over the last coors banquet.
2. E-Town - Honestly prob the better team as a whole but man they can’t catch a break. The freshman who lost to Catholic in 21 chip are now seniors going 0-3 in those games. I feel like the dice could roll their way with Langen playing good and a decent defense. No D1 fogo so we’ll see how that plays out. What’s there to do around here? Boys must just grind on the wall and go cow tipping.
3. Catholic - I thought about susq here tbh with Lorrence but I don’t think we’re back in 2019 just yet. Rosado is their guy still and they have that D1 transfer at close who’s good. Pezone is gone I think so who knows who’s stepping between the pipes after a 4 year starter. Curious how this new HC does as he’s got good experience but no clue how his coaching style will be. Can he get the same mojo sax had? Maybe less time at the Lincoln memorial at 2 am more time shooting for the white stuff.
4. Susq - Like Catholic Lorrence is their guy so not sure what kind of pieces they have around them. Also lost a solid fogo and pole I believe but have a decent keeper. They’re a gritty team but just think they don’t got that extra oophm as the top 3 dogs do. But hey I’m not a doctor. Maybe get on the football team lifts get some mass on those boys. Put in whole milk for 2%
5. Moravian - Dzama is good and gonna be their initiator. Outside of that I’m not too sure about them but they can string things together here and there. Usually gives susq a tougher time but haven’t seen real success since like 2019/2021. They got some dudes on that team that look like Tarzan but play like Jane.
6. Lycoming - As the wise words of Stephen A, “Who?”
I have to do some research but I know susq has beaten them in the past.
7. Wilkes - As said in the climax of Kung Fu Panda 3 by Kai to our beloved Po: “Who are you?” Same here but I think the schedule vs Lycoming is lesser standards.
8. Goucher - Laxdad can fill us in here but nother year under the new regime. Think it’s still apart of the process here and growing. I actually think they can beat the two above but more on an any given Sunday vibe after Pacinos speech.
9. Drew - I think the attacksmn that was actually pretty decent for them is gone and I don’t think they had much talent but I will admit I haven’t seen much of their games as of late. Say I don’t know ball, go ahead sue me.
10 Juniata - New coach I can’t really tell much about. Hope they got enough guys this year. Still a little lad of a team but I know your volleyball team won the national championship not long ago. Maybe find some similarities?

- Christ that took a while. Sound off healthy debate me. Hope I didn’t forget anyone or offend anyone.
Peace and Love,
ooxxooXoXXx,
Your friend,
Tighty
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

I agree with 1-4 and feel like honestly this year can be a bit of a toss up amongst those teams. I don't know a ton about the new teams joining the conference but I feel like Drew and Goucher have a chance to finish a bit higher. The Drew coach has this team slowly improving and I feel like Coach Hannan with another year under their belt can start to get some of his style of players into the program. Either way excited for the 2024 season.
puckman44

Post by puckman44 »

Scranton needs a FO guy in the worst way..
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

My 2 cents on Goucher. I asked my son as I didn't see the scrimmage this fall. They have guys that can score. Transfer from Wingate is the real deal for the Gophers. What film I've seen from the fall scrimmage, he is GOOD. Paired with ECAC ROTY Jacob Morgan... exciting for a Gopher fan. All players back besides out going Seniors and 2 under classman who left. Goalie seems to be the missing link but a transfer coming in... I've been told will fill that void. I expect them to be the 6th seed, but that's my opinion.
Lickem

Post by Lickem »

My 2024 wish is that D3 Hero stays out of this forum...
D3hero

Post by D3hero »

Lickem wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:04 pm My 2024 wish is that D3 Hero stays out of this forum...
Wish Denied
Last edited by D3hero on Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Play nice now D3 hero.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

There will be a new Landmark Conference line-up for the 2024 season with the addition of Lycoming and Wilkes. This means a schedule of nine conference games for each team.

Lycoming will have a new coach this year announcing that 2008 grad Tony Mackin will take the reins for their first Landmark season after spending seven years at Averett University in Virginia.

Catholic will also have a new coach. Peter Donley, formerly an assistant at Roanoke and Dickinson and a 2014 Susquehanna grad, becomes only the third head coach in the history of Catholic lacrosse.

Schedules are out and the top Landmark teams have loaded up tough non-conference opponents. Scranton will face six Top 50 programs (Salisbury, Dickinson, Cortland, Stockton, Trinity and Ithaca). Elizabethtown will face five Top 50 teams (Swarthmore, Franklin & Marshall, Stevenson, Stockton and Washigton College). Catholic continues their tradition of a difficult non-conference scheduling Salisbury, Stevenson, Franklin & Marshall and Cabrini, all in the Top 50.

First action of the season will be on February 10 as Drew will be on the road against Neumann University.
banditgetspucksdeep

Post by banditgetspucksdeep »

Good morning Gentlemen and ladies(D3 hero) I am glad to be on board for this new season. I would like to start out with a bang and drop my predictions for the conference this year:

1) Catholic: I have constantly read about the slander of the Catholic lacrosse team and decided to put it to an end. They have a firing offense led by Victor Rosado and a young middie group who can shoot the ball from anywhere. I don't think we hear enough about their defense though they are returning everyone except Pezone and easily have the biggest 3 defensemen in all of the Landmark. In most Landmark games it will come down to the middle of the field and Catholic has a solid group led by junior Liam O'Neill.

2) Scranton: The former champs gotta be here, cant put em anywhere else. The loss of Chris Crapazano is what puts em below Catholic I know Pierce is coming back but we all know one defenseman cannot save an entire defense. They play hard and like catholic have a solid group in the middle of the field that makes them one of the teams to beat but we'll see if they have any electricity left after last years run. Personally don't think Boyle will be able to challenge Catholic or ETowns defenses much this year and guys like O'Neill and Baldwin of Etown.

3) ETown: I don't know what they will do without having the ball more than half the game, loss of Griffen sets Etown back to the 2021 season. They've got some good talent up and down the field but think the guys in Elizabethtown have been doing too much cow tipping and too little hitting the wall. Riley Langen is and has been a solid player but time will tell if at his old age he can still keep up with the young bucks of the landmark.

4) Susquehanna: They got Lorrence and couldn't tell ya what else is goin for em. I agree with tighty, I also aint a doctor but those boys need more than whole milk they need some raw milk, red meat, and some football lifts to get em back in the real running for a landmark champhionship. I also aint a fortune teller but would love to see the Susqy boys go on a run this year.

5) Goucher: Can't believe anyone would rank Lycoming or Wilkes above the boys from Baltimore. The rumblings of transfers and things looking up has been what Goucher and the rest of Landmark want to see for these guys.

6) Moravian: I do not know what Landmark lacrosse you watch but Moravian is down there with Juniata, just can't get myself to put any new comers above this top 6. The boys in Bethlehem could use a couple rocky speeches and some football lifts to move up the rankings.

7) Lycoming: WHO? Couldn't tell you a thing about these guys except that they played a bunch of nobodies.
8) Wilkes: Like I said up there...... WHO ARE YOU?

9) Drew: Wilke is gone and hes the only person who can save the Madison guys. Another small team who needs more protein and less hangin out.

10) Juniata: These guys look like bobbleheads on the field and don't have enough subs to run 6v6 we'll see how long this schools lacrosse program stays alive.....Maybe they should have a meeting with their volleyball team and see what they have to say.

They gotta get rid of some teams to make ranking easier and quicker. Excited to join the boys for this season, hopefully we can remain civil......... @d3hero......
Cricket410

Post by Cricket410 »

Pretty excited to see how the Landmark plays out this year. Two new teams in the mix, bigger tournament, more opportunity! Quick ranking based on what I’ve heard around the town!

1) E Town - Think they get over that hump this year and bring it home. Seniors want it and will compete.
2) Scranton - Will be right back in the mix, return a solid bunch. Have some experience.
3/4) Catholic/Susquehanna - These two are interchangeable here for me. I think catholic will take a hit, new coach, new style may take time. Susquehanna with a strong offense could edge them out, if they can be consistent.
5) Goucher - I’d to think Goucher makes the jump this year and locks down this spot. It’s only takes a few guys to get it going. Rooting for them.
6) Moravian - They will compete that’s for sure, will have to see if they can stay in games throughout the year and finish them. Few athletes on this roster.
7) Lycoming - Think it will take them a few years to have some success but should be in some games and maybe steal a few. Coming off an okay season last year.
8) Drew - Lost their guy, may take some time for someone to step up. See if they can get going OOC and have some momentum.
9) Juniata - Bobbleheads, lol! Think they will beat Wilkes, they have a few athletes on the team.
10) Wilkes - Not much success last year, this conference can be tough. Best of luck to them!

Chirp chirp
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

https://suriverhawks.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

2024 Susquehanna Roster

Looks like LSM and goalie are back for a 5th year.

Return top 6 scorers from last year. Lorrence and Ciccarello need to make a significant JR year jump and put up points against the top teams in the conference.

If they can win some faceoffs (Prum is a huge loss), they should be 3rd in the conference. Could see them stealing a game from Scranton or Etown.
NjLax18

Post by NjLax18 »

banditgetspucksdeep wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:09 pm Good morning Gentlemen and ladies(D3 hero) I am glad to be on board for this new season. I would like to start out with a bang and drop my predictions for the conference this year:

1) Catholic: I have constantly read about the slander of the Catholic lacrosse team and decided to put it to an end. They have a firing offense led by Victor Rosado and a young middie group who can shoot the ball from anywhere. I don't think we hear enough about their defense though they are returning everyone except Pezone and easily have the biggest 3 defensemen in all of the Landmark. In most Landmark games it will come down to the middle of the field and Catholic has a solid group led by junior Liam O'Neill.

2) Scranton: The former champs gotta be here, cant put em anywhere else. The loss of Chris Crapazano is what puts em below Catholic I know Pierce is coming back but we all know one defenseman cannot save an entire defense. They play hard and like catholic have a solid group in the middle of the field that makes them one of the teams to beat but we'll see if they have any electricity left after last years run. Personally don't think Boyle will be able to challenge Catholic or ETowns defenses much this year and guys like O'Neill and Baldwin of Etown.

3) ETown: I don't know what they will do without having the ball more than half the game, loss of Griffen sets Etown back to the 2021 season. They've got some good talent up and down the field but think the guys in Elizabethtown have been doing too much cow tipping and too little hitting the wall. Riley Langen is and has been a solid player but time will tell if at his old age he can still keep up with the young bucks of the landmark.

4) Susquehanna: They got Lorrence and couldn't tell ya what else is goin for em. I agree with tighty, I also aint a doctor but those boys need more than whole milk they need some raw milk, red meat, and some football lifts to get em back in the real running for a landmark champhionship. I also aint a fortune teller but would love to see the Susqy boys go on a run this year.

5) Goucher: Can't believe anyone would rank Lycoming or Wilkes above the boys from Baltimore. The rumblings of transfers and things looking up has been what Goucher and the rest of Landmark want to see for these guys.

6) Moravian: I do not know what Landmark lacrosse you watch but Moravian is down there with Juniata, just can't get myself to put any new comers above this top 6. The boys in Bethlehem could use a couple rocky speeches and some football lifts to move up the rankings.

7) Lycoming: WHO? Couldn't tell you a thing about these guys except that they played a bunch of nobodies.
8) Wilkes: Like I said up there...... WHO ARE YOU?

9) Drew: Wilke is gone and hes the only person who can save the Madison guys. Another small team who needs more protein and less hangin out.

10) Juniata: These guys look like bobbleheads on the field and don't have enough subs to run 6v6 we'll see how long this schools lacrosse program stays alive.....Maybe they should have a meeting with their volleyball team and see what they have to say.

They gotta get rid of some teams to make ranking easier and quicker. Excited to join the boys for this season, hopefully we can remain civil......... @d3hero......

I can’t stop laughing at you guys pumping Goucher up. They have 22 guys on the roster, graduated the best goalie they ever had and their #2 scorer. Good luck 👍
Tightyrighty

Post by Tightyrighty »

Shoutout bandit for basically saying the same exact things I said. Real deep thoughts on your post. Iv watched a few Catholic games last year and if the defense you refer to was the games I watched size means nothing. They move like old people f**k. I agree with NJ that goucher losing Lugo was big since he basically stood on his head in goal. Be nice to D3 Hero. He’s just misunderstood
Cricket410

Post by Cricket410 »

I think Goucher overall is trending in the right direction. They finished #6th last year with a roster size of 22 that coach Hannan inherited from a 2-14 team the year before.

It’s hard to see them going backwards. Goalie play will hurt them for sure, but they will be better in front of the cage and be able to contribute more offensively from what I saw in their scrimmage this fall vs Howard CC. They did lose their #2 scorer but return everything else basically including ECAC D3 ROY Jacob Morgan and looked a little deeper. I’ve heard rumblings of them grabbing a few other mid year transfers, will have to wait and see when the roster goes up. But I’m rooting for the boys in Baltimore, hoping Hannan can get them back in the mix.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

Cricket410 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:30 pm I think Goucher overall is trending in the right direction. They finished #6th last year with a roster size of 22 that coach Hannan inherited from a 2-14 team the year before.

It’s hard to see them going backwards. Goalie play will hurt them for sure, but they will be better in front of the cage and be able to contribute more offensively from what I saw in their scrimmage this fall vs Howard CC. They did lose their #2 scorer but return everything else basically including ECAC D3 ROY Jacob Morgan and looked a little deeper. I’ve heard rumblings of them grabbing a few other mid year transfers, will have to wait and see when the roster goes up. But I’m rooting for the boys in Baltimore, hoping Hannan can get them back in the mix.
One mid-year transfer, one returning player that wasn't there in Fall. I was told their roster size is about 27.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”