Centennial Conference 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LILaxGuy08

Re: Centennial Conference 2024

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

Matt2024 that is a very stupid take.

Swat made a commitment to athletics 5 years ago. For example, men’s bball made it to the D3 Final Four recently. They are built like a NESCAC and get NESCAC/Patriot League level athletes. They are consistently adding full-time assistant positions. The coaching staff has been there for 28 years - only won the last couple years. Try again.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Matt2024 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:31 pm Swat isn't doing that, they are honoring the teams they played for years when they were not as strong.
Sure, that's why they're still routinely playing King's, Drew, and Elmira. Whether Coach Gress likes it or not (and I'm pretty sure he's over the damn moon), he's dragged up the expectations for his program over the past 8 seasons. He now has to consider not just preparing for the Centennial and making sure to be over .500 to be eligible for the ECAC tournament, but NCAA selection criteria too. If you read a little earlier, you will find me defending this year's schedule, as Elizabethtown, Eastern, and Stockton all being down in the same year is an unfortunate coincidence for their SoS as those would typically all be in the 25-40 range (where the back half of the Top 25 builds their resume). But I would hope that they are jumping at the chance to drop Arcadia for a York or a CNU going forward.
hooray

Post by hooray »

Swarthmore 100% needs to schedule better OOC games - and they know this and it will happen, just a matter of logistics. There's no world in which the Swat OOC schedule doesn't have some of the York, Denison, W&L, CNU, etc etc type teams within the next 3-5 years
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

hooray wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:52 pm Swarthmore 100% needs to schedule better OOC games - and they know this and it will happen, just a matter of logistics. There's no world in which the Swat OOC schedule doesn't have some of the York, Denison, W&L, CNU, etc etc type teams within the next 3-5 years
You’re not the 1st to bring up teams beefing up their OOC schedules, if only it was that simple. There are only so many good teams to go around. York’s OOC is already nuts, and they may pay for it if they don’t win their conference. Why would they want to schedule another dangerous team?
Budget also plays a huge role in scheduling.

As I said previously. It’s not that easy.
hooray

Post by hooray »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:41 pm
hooray wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:52 pm Swarthmore 100% needs to schedule better OOC games - and they know this and it will happen, just a matter of logistics. There's no world in which the Swat OOC schedule doesn't have some of the York, Denison, W&L, CNU, etc etc type teams within the next 3-5 years
You’re not the 1st to bring up teams beefing up their OOC schedules, if only it was that simple. There are only so many good teams to go around. York’s OOC is already nuts, and they may pay for it if they don’t win their conference. Why would they want to schedule another dangerous team?

Of course not the easy - not saying it is / will be, only saying that anyone who thinks Swat shouldn't and won't be trying to boost OOC schedule is nuts
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

hooray wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:16 am
laxdad1434 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:41 pm

Of course not the easy - not saying it is / will be, only saying that anyone who thinks Swat shouldn't and won't be trying to boost OOC schedule is nuts
They should concentrate on winning the conference.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

Swat schedule convo has been beat to death at this point, it is what is...play the games you have scheduled and win, they have done that and are now THE team to beat after this weekend.

Looking forward to the final 2 weeks of the regular season.

A few big questions remain:

Will F&M get a conference win this year? They are 0-5 but have battled in almost every game. Big games vs WAC & Mules this week and close out vs the Terror - have to imagine they get at least 1 of those 3 & could play spoiler to the Mules

What happens in the middle of the conference (3-5)? Ursinus, Haverford, Mules, Gburg? by end of day saturday, we will have a clear picture. Potential for Haverford, Gburg, Mules to all be 4-3 after wednesday night. Ursinus has uphill battle vs Swat, but could play spoiler (great goalie play, good ride, and just battle)...this is going to be a fun week!

How many teams make the tourney from the CC? Looks like the max is 2 this year, but if Gburg beats Dickinson on Wednesday things could get spicy with the mayhem in NESCAC, the dominance of the liberty, and ODAC probably grabbing 2 spots...CC could be down to just 1 bid
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

WashedUp06 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 am Swat schedule convo has been beat to death at this point, it is what is...play the games you have scheduled and win, they have done that and are now THE team to beat after this weekend.

Looking forward to the final 2 weeks of the regular season.

A few big questions remain:

Will F&M get a conference win this year? They are 0-5 but have battled in almost every game. Big games vs WAC & Mules this week and close out vs the Terror - have to imagine they get at least 1 of those 3 & could play spoiler to the Mules

What happens in the middle of the conference (3-5)? Ursinus, Haverford, Mules, Gburg? by end of day saturday, we will have a clear picture. Potential for Haverford, Gburg, Mules to all be 4-3 after wednesday night. Ursinus has uphill battle vs Swat, but could play spoiler (great goalie play, good ride, and just battle)...this is going to be a fun week!

How many teams make the tourney from the CC? Looks like the max is 2 this year, but if Gburg beats Dickinson on Wednesday things could get spicy with the mayhem in NESCAC, the dominance of the liberty, and ODAC probably grabbing 2 spots...CC could be down to just 1 bid
My guess is 2 but I wouldn’t be surprised to only see the CC winner go. If Dickinson / Swat slip up and don’t make the championship game, could see it being a 1 league bid, but I don’t see one of those teams not making the CC final. Gettysburg can still ruin someone’s season.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Dickinson is a lock, even if they lose out. Gettysburg will get a bid with either a regular season or CC win over the Devils/Swat, though likely just on the wrong side of the bubble if they don't.

The NESCAC is a circular firing squad this year and Dickinson/Gettysburg positioned themselves very well against the other southern Pool C contenders in the OOC.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

SixBySix wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 am Dickinson is a lock, even if they lose out. Gettysburg will get a bid with either a regular season or CC win over the Devils/Swat, though likely just on the wrong side of the bubble if they don't.

The NESCAC is a circular firing squad this year and Dickinson/Gettysburg positioned themselves very well against the other southern Pool C contenders in the OOC.
Devils are a lock, if they reach the CC championship, but a few teams (Bullets, Mules) what go away easy. If they don't make the 'ship, it will be a nervous selection sunday (would hate to be the team that gets them in the 1st round & w/something to prove).

Devils best wins are Stevens, Stevenson, York, Kenyon, Muhlenberg - that's only 1 top 20 win with new polls and they were smacked by CNU. Stevenson, York, Mules are better than their records but still, the resume isn't quite eye popping with tons of ranked opponents this year.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

WashedUp06 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:59 am Devils are a lock, if they reach the CC championship, but a few teams (Bullets, Mules) what go away easy. If they don't make the 'ship, it will be a nervous selection sunday (would hate to be the team that gets them in the 1st round & w/something to prove).

Devils best wins are Stevens, Stevenson, York, Kenyon, Muhlenberg - that's only 1 top 20 win with new polls and they were smacked by CNU. Stevenson, York, Mules are better than their records but still, the resume isn't quite eye popping with tons of ranked opponents this year.
I'm planning to update my Pool C analysis this afternoon, but record vs Top 20 is completely meaningless for the NCAA tournament. Regional Rankings and strength of schedule, on the other hand, are paramount.

But even take a very bad scenario for the Devils and give the Liberty 3, NESCAC 3 bids, and ODAC 2. Loser of the CLC championship gets a Pool C. That leaves one bid between (likely):
-Dickinson
-Gettysburg/Swarthmore who doesn't get AQ
-York/Stevenson championship loser
-#4 ODAC (HSC or RMC)
-#5 LL (Vassar?)
-#5 NESCAC (Williams? Hamilton?)

The head to head over both York and Stevenson is huge. The NCAC teams don't have any OOC results to get an additional bid. Babson or Endicott would need to choke in their tournaments AND the ODAC would need Roanoke to knock off at least one of Lynchburg or W&L.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

To be honest, I kind of convinced myself their position is more tenuous than I had thought.
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

SixBySix wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:07 pm
WashedUp06 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:59 am Devils are a lock, if they reach the CC championship, but a few teams (Bullets, Mules) what go away easy. If they don't make the 'ship, it will be a nervous selection sunday (would hate to be the team that gets them in the 1st round & w/something to prove).

I'm planning to update my Pool C analysis this afternoon, but record vs Top 20 is completely meaningless for the NCAA tournament. Regional Rankings and strength of schedule, on the other hand, are paramount.

But even take a very bad scenario for the Devils and give the Liberty 3, NESCAC 3 bids, and ODAC 2. Loser of the CLC championship gets a Pool C. That leaves one bid between (likely):
-Dickinson
-Gettysburg/Swarthmore who doesn't get AQ
-York/Stevenson championship loser
-#4 ODAC (HSC or RMC)
-#5 LL (Vassar?)
-#5 NESCAC (Williams? Hamilton?)

The head to head over both York and Stevenson is huge. The NCAC teams don't have any OOC results to get an additional bid. Babson or Endicott would need to choke in their tournaments AND the ODAC would need Roanoke to knock off at least one of Lynchburg or W&L.

Good call outs & definitely looks favorable based on that analysis. TY!
JJBoys

Post by JJBoys »

Tonight's Games

Ursinus at Swat: Swat to talented on offense and Goalie playing well 16-10 Swat.

Gettysburg at Dickinson: Both teams coming off tough losses Dick comes out punching and wins 11-9.

WAC at F&M: Both teams struggling this season but F&M at home looking for the first conference gets the win 9-7.

Haverford at Muhlenberg: Haverford surprised the Mules last year at Haverford the Mules on a roll come out strong and win 14-11.
TheGhostOfO’Connors

Post by TheGhostOfO’Connors »

Give me the Shoremen by 3 tonight against the Dips.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

TheGhostOfO’Connors wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:27 pm Give me the Shoremen by 3 tonight against the Dips.
Amazing handle name. RIP OCs.
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

ChopMan23 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:39 pm
TheGhostOfO’Connors wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:27 pm Give me the Shoremen by 3 tonight against the Dips.
Amazing handle name. RIP OCs.
Dollar Rolling Rocks and a Trashcan. Kids will never know how good it was.
SlackBaller

Post by SlackBaller »

My takeaways on Garnet vs Bears. First, goalie play was good. Second, they took a win against an underrated team. There were some highlight level reel between Brosgol, Hardiman and Almgren and a few solid defensive stands. That’s about it on the positive. The list of turnover culprits continues to be some of the same. Like to see some bench time for these habitual offenders. Forcing the ball on transition is never a good look. I see chemistry issues still on midfield. Amazing to be into game 12 with not one adjustment. This offense has way more potential than we are seeing. The lsm and ssdms should be getting off the field asap. They are a risk on ball handling and God forbid, shooting. All told, they have 2 games to get their jerk together. Like to see them get under 10 turnovers in a game and play more team offense. I saw a recent post that highlighted the Grove City meltdown last year and I hope they use this as a reminder on how games are won…or lost.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

Conf tourney seems to be:
1. Swat
2. Dickinson
3. Mules
4. Gettysburg
5. Ursinus

Things can happen to change this but doubt it
WashedUp06

Post by WashedUp06 »

ToeDipper78 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am Conf tourney seems to be:
1. Swat
2. Dickinson
3. Mules
4. Gettysburg
5. Ursinus

Things can happen to change this but doubt it
There are going to be some good games from that group. Mules are red hot rn, so if they cont the roll vs F&M and Stockton then things could get interesting quick

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”