I had Army on this list,

unfortunately, no longer.
youthathletics

Re: Way too early Final Four

Post by youthathletics »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:35 pm I had Army on this list,

unfortunately, no longer.
They are going to rally. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:04 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:13 pm Speaking from the view of a Cornell fan. We have not won a NC since 1977, but are we/ I frustrated? NOT in the least. We expect a competitive team, and we seem to get more than that easily, as we were in the NC game just 2 years ago, and seem to be in or near the top 10 every year.

Winning a NC would be great but for me, just watching my team play at such a high level every year is incredibly satisfying to me.

Maybe the Duke fans expect more than our fans or possibly Ivy league fans, but what Duke has done recently seems pretty darn impressive without winning a NC.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Is it true you watch the end of the 09 championship every Sunday to pregame watching the jets during football season?
No, I watch the Mud Bowl, and Richard Todd's 3 picks by Aj Duhe, followed by the Marino fake Spike, and then the Butt Fumble to get me ready for watching the replay of the 09 championship game. Please get your facts straight.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:08 pm Where do you stand on ILs predictive ability for recruits?
I think that they’re not much better or worse than anyone else who engages in a similar exercise.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

joewillie78 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:13 pm Speaking from the view of a Cornell fan. We have not won a NC since 1977, but are we/ I frustrated? NOT in the least. We expect a competitive team, and we seem to get more than that easily, as we were in the NC game just 2 years ago, and seem to be in or near the top 10 every year.

Winning a NC would be great but for me, just watching my team play at such a high level every year is incredibly satisfying to me.

Maybe the Duke fans expect more than our fans or possibly Ivy league fans, but what Duke has done recently seems pretty darn impressive without winning a NC.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Is it true you watch the end of the 09 championship every Sunday to pregame watching the jets during football season?
No, I watch the Mud Bowl, and Richard Todd's 3 picks by Aj Duhe ...

Gobigred
Joewillie78
Oh noes !

Just when I thought I had forgotten that game and Todd.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Brownlax wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:38 pm Yikes - you really seem like you have an axe to grind. Did your :lol: kid not get recruited by Duke? :lol:
I expressed an opinion (that Duke had underperformed), which was challenged (not unreasonably). So I went and did some research to see if my initial opinion was justified. It kinda was. So if anyone is grinding axes, it isn’t me. LOL.
Finster

Post by Finster »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:23 pm
Finster wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:09 pm Army, Cuse, UVA, ND.

UVA, ND, Duke, Cuse (........................Penn State/Maryland really close to this last slot for Cuse...I'm choosing Cuse not because of any favoritism, rather their last two games...if Penn State or Maryland get in, zero surprise)

I'm conspicuously leaving out Army even from the potential 4th pick; though the story is great and I personally would love to see them win the entire thing, I just don't feel will be in the last 4 standing. Beating both UMASS by 1 and Cuse by 1, plus some other scores season to date...I don't know, just doesn't feel like an automatic Final Four team.
Same...call it wishful thinking and brilliant, on my part, if they do get in. ;)

Obviously Army can still get there, but last night's game shows that it will be a stretch for Army. Great team, but no lock for the Final Four.
coda

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 am

UVA, ND, Duke, Cuse (........................Penn State/Maryland really close to this last slot for Cuse...I'm choosing Cuse not because of any favoritism, rather their last two games...if Penn State or Maryland get in, zero surprise)

I'm conspicuously leaving out Army even from the potential 4th pick; though the story is great and I personally would love to see them win the entire thing, I just don't feel will be in the last 4 standing. Beating both UMASS by 1 and Cuse by 1, plus some other scores season to date...I don't know, just doesn't feel like an automatic Final Four team.
Same...call it wishful thinking and brilliant, on my part, if they do get in. ;)

Obviously Army can still get there, but last night's game shows that it will be a stretch for Army. Great team, but no lock for the Final Four.
Given their schedule, Army can not afford a couple more L’s.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

coda wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:31 am

How so? the PL takes the top 6, with an AQ for the champ. OOC games are of no value unless they are trying to back in as a result of not earning the AQ. They already have wins of Lehigh, and HC. If I read it correctly, if the beat Loyola, they could lose the remainder of their games, still be in the PL tournament.

https://patriotleague.org/sports/mlax
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
coda

Post by coda »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 am
They finish with 3 losses and they may not make the tournament.

How so? the PL takes the top 6, with an AQ for the champ. OOC games are of no value unless they are trying to back in as a result of not earning the AQ. They already have wins of Lehigh, and HC. If I read it correctly, if the beat Loyola, they could lose the remainder of their games, still be in the PL tournament.

I am talking about the NCAA tournament. I think 3 losses would put them on the bubble as an at-large team
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

coda wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:41 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:40 am
They finish with 3 losses and they may not make the tournament.

I am talking about the NCAA tournament. I think 3 losses would put them on the bubble as an at-large team
Gotcha...as a 2nd PL team, for sure. Especially, if they do not finish strong and lose the PL AQ. Have not seen two PL teams since 2016, when Navy received AL Bid, and went down to the wire vs Brown.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Gobigred
Joewillie78
No, I watch the Mud Bowl, and Richard Todd's 3 picks by Aj Duhe, followed by the Marino fake Spike, and then the Butt Fumble to get me ready for watching the replay of the 09 championship game. Please get your facts straight.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
The goals score landed in the crease, which under the rules at the time was totally illegal to do

Refs didn't have the balls to make the right call
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
DMac

Post by DMac »

runrussellrun wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:08 am The goals score landed in the crease, which under the rules at the time was totally illegal to do

You're saying in '09 you couldn't land in the crease after the ball passes the plane of the goal?
Aint buyin' it, brother.
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

This year I don't think there any locks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:34 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:08 am The goals score landed in the crease, which under the rules at the time was totally illegal to do

You're saying in '09 you couldn't land in the crease after the ball passes the plane of the goal?
Aint buyin' it, brother.
yup.

RULE 4, section 9: m. If an attacking player deliberately leaves his feet by jumping or diving and
his momentum carries him into the crease area, regardless of whether he
lands in the crease before or after the ball enters the goal.

http://files.leagueathletics.com/Images ... lebook.pdf
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, that's sure what it says. Must've smartened up and changed that rule, was a pretty idiotic rule.
Sounds like wlax. Ball can be in the cage for two seconds, if the girl's momentum brings her in the crease the goal aint no good. Really stupid rule, makes no sense.
Thanks.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:28 am Yup, that's sure what it says. Must've smartened up and changed that rule, was a pretty idiotic rule.
Sounds like wlax. Ball can be in the cage for two seconds, if the girl's momentum brings her in the crease the goal aint no good. Really stupid rule, makes no sense.
Thanks.
Doesn't matter now. We all know this was all on Tambroni. As soon as they started the clock, just chuck that thing as high and as far as you can. By the time it comes down, bounces around and recovered, those 9 seconds are gone, and Tambroni did THAT EXACT thing in a 1 goal PSU win here at the Kopf. Had his player chuck it as high and as far into the Cornell zone, and lo and behold, the clock ran out and PSU won. Too bad he had to learn his lesson at the expense of a Cornell NC.

Gobigred
Joewillie78
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:28 am Yup, that's sure what it says. Must've smartened up and changed that rule, was a pretty idiotic rule.
Thanks.
Yup......that was the rule. And yup. stupid.

Just like todays rule, with stupid extra "mini-me" crescent moon crease.

Leaving the diving to the Pros'....oh, and stop changing the fricken rules every gosh dang year........it IS stupid as well.
Finster

Post by Finster »

mdk01 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:47 am

This year I don't think there any locks.

I think you might be right.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gobigred
Joewillie78

Gobigred
Joewillie78
I loved AJ Duhe
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”