Ty Xanders

HS Boys Lacrosse
Laxxal22

Ty Xanders

Post by Laxxal22 »

It looks like Ty is moving on from Inside Lacrosse: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... osse/62216

He hasn't announced where he is going, but it sounds like he is taking a similar opportunity somewhere else. This is a good thing. There's not much money in lacrosse media, so a competitor existing that has the resources to pull him from IL is encouraging. For as much crap as some people give him, it'd have been a huge loss for the game if he said, "Screw this, I've got to go sell life insurance to make ends meet." Hopefully IL is able to recover recruiting at the same level while TX offers that type of coverage from his new outlet.
youthathletics

Re: Ty Xanders

Post by youthathletics »

Laxxal22 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 am It looks like Ty is moving on from Inside Lacrosse: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... osse/62216

He hasn't announced where he is going, but it sounds like he is taking a similar opportunity somewhere else. This is a good thing. There's not much money in lacrosse media, so a competitor existing that has the resources to pull him from IL is encouraging. For as much crap as some people give him, it'd have been a huge loss for the game if he said, "Screw this, I've got to go sell life insurance to make ends meet." Hopefully IL is able to recover recruiting at the same level while TX offers that type of coverage from his new outlet.
I'd take a stab that he goes to work for "True Lacrosse"....we'll see.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxxal22 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 am It looks like Ty is moving on from Inside Lacrosse: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... osse/62216

He will be hard to replace. Overall, I enjoyed and appreciated his coverage. He really poured his heart and time into recruiting analysis. Several posters have analyzed the correlation between the IL four and five star lists and college success and I'm always surprised at how well IL did at forecasting. I agree that it would be good for the sport if he stays involved with recruiting analysis. I have no idea if he is considering a business like this, but if you follow the money, it leads you to parents trying to get their kids a college roster spot. Some form of consulting practice that fishes in this pond could be lucrative. It is similar to how NARPs pay thousands of dollars to college placement advisors to help them through the application process.
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

He frequents this forum quite a bit...I'm sure he will appreciate the kind wishes...
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Ty used to be a poster on our former platform.

He and I exchanged PM's about western lax teams and I would offer gentle advice about his rankings. This was like a decade or more ago. I'd bet that a lot of us old (former platform) people had this engagement. That kid wanted to KNOW everything about everything.

I'll follow Ty to the ends of the earth, because his heart is in the right place.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I often disagree with his rankings on a few kids. But that's the nature of ranking so many kids based off of one tournament or game.
But you are spot on. His heart is in the right place. He's good for the sport.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

I haven't talked to Ty in a while but were friends years ago and collaborated on the national high school rankings for a couple of years. He lives and breathes lax. While nobody is perfect in the difficult field of recruiting analysis, he is a great asset for the game and I hope he sticks around.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:54 pm Ty used to be a poster on our former platform.

He and I exchanged PM's about western lax teams and I would offer gentle advice about his rankings. This was like a decade or more ago. I'd bet that a lot of us old (former platform) people had this engagement. That kid wanted to KNOW everything about everything.

I'll follow Ty to the ends of the earth, because his heart is in the right place.
Agreed. He'd often engage with me on Twitter.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Slim

Post by Slim »

Agree with all. Good onya, Ty! Make ur luck good!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Great to see the well wishes for Ty.

Especially as there have been many slings and arrows his way (and IL's) over the years from posters.
Yup, he's worked and worked and worked at his chosen field and deserves the respect his experience and effort has earned him.

I'd be cautious about 'consulting' insofar as there's any pay to get recruited based on a recruitment ranking from the 'consultant' paid by the prospect. Conflict of interest there.

Good, honest academic admissions consulting helps with personal development acceleration and application process, college selection process, but doesn't have a 'score' attached that's supposed to be independent.

so, that's a choice...maintain an independent, credible analysis OR consult on personal development, college selection, etc.
3rdPersonPlural

LI13 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:57 pm I haven't talked to Ty in a while but were friends years ago and collaborated on the national high school rankings for a couple of years. He lives and breathes lax. While nobody is perfect in the difficult field of recruiting analysis, he is a great asset for the game and I hope he sticks around.
Wasn't there a 3 way collusion with you and Ty and one other dude, who did a really credible national ranking back in the oughts?

I wish 'the former home' was still afloat. Those were better than anything IL does.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:36 am Great to see the well wishes for Ty.

Especially as there have been many slings and arrows his way (and IL's) over the years from posters.
Yup, he's worked and worked and worked at his chosen field and deserves the respect his experience and effort has earned him.

I'd be cautious about 'consulting' insofar as there's any pay to get recruited based on a recruitment ranking from the 'consultant' paid by the prospect. Conflict of interest there.

Good, honest academic admissions consulting helps with personal development acceleration and application process, college selection process, but doesn't have a 'score' attached that's supposed to be independent.

so, that's a choice...maintain an independent, credible analysis OR consult on personal development, college selection, etc.
Maybe it’s time to cash in for what was probably otherwise public service level comp.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

I always thought his website between his boomerang with IL was his best work...I remember seeing him EVERYWHERE on the camp circuit in the summer. I also thought he did a nice job with the HS rankings during the spring....
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Looks like he's starting the lacrosse wing of larger recruiting coverage/analysis media company. Interested to see what Preplax.com will offer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzcojGetPQk/
LI13

Post by LI13 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:36 pm
LI13 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:57 pm I haven't talked to Ty in a while but were friends years ago and collaborated on the national high school rankings for a couple of years. He lives and breathes lax. While nobody is perfect in the difficult field of recruiting analysis, he is a great asset for the game and I hope he sticks around.
Wasn't there a 3 way collusion with you and Ty and one other dude, who did a really credible national ranking back in the oughts?

I wish 'the former home' was still afloat. Those were better than anything IL does.
Yup. We did the "Lax Guys" rankings in 2010, when laxpower actually paid us as contributors. Then I was an IL contributor the next 2 years and worked with Ty on their rankings.
3rdPersonPlural

LI13 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Yup. We did the "Lax Guys" rankings in 2010, when laxpower actually paid us as contributors. Then I was an IL contributor the next 2 years and worked with Ty on their rankings.
Who was the 3rd Lax Guy?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:55 pm

Who was the 3rd Lax Guy?
His name is Ryan, he went by THEGilmanFan on the old forums. He doesn't watch much HS lax these days.
3rdPersonPlural

LI13 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:09 am

Who was the 3rd Lax Guy?
His name is Ryan, he went by THEGilmanFan on the old forums. He doesn't watch much HS lax these days.
TheGilmanFan! That's right.

Thanks for the memories, LI13. I guess that those memories are well into puberty by now....13 years....

EDIT: What was Ty's name on the old ship? I'm sure you remember, but I understand if you don't feel authorized to share
LI13

Post by LI13 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:19 pm
LI13 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:09 am

Who was the 3rd Lax Guy?
TheGilmanFan! That's right.

Thanks for the memories, LI13. I guess that those memories are well into puberty by now....13 years....

EDIT: What was Ty's name on the old ship? I'm sure you remember, but I understand if you don't feel authorized to share
Ty was Cloverdale
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”