Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by jrn19 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:32 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:25 pm Cotter thinking the Georgetown guy going back over the midline on the clear was an over and back not called right before that was the perfect finish
he's just crazy bad. thought he'd figure it out eventually, but he's worse every year.
big narrative guy, tho.
At the start of the game I was thinking to myself he's actually made the effort to learn the game and people involved, so I wanna give him the chance, he's just incredibly grating to listen too.

And then that entire 4th quarter happened. Nope. He's just bad.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Horrible loss.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:34 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:25 pm Cotter thinking the Georgetown guy going back over the midline on the clear was an over and back not called right before that was the perfect finish
he's just crazy bad. thought he'd figure it out eventually, but he's worse every year.
big narrative guy, tho.
At the start of the game I was thinking to myself he's actually made the effort to learn the game and people involved, so I wanna give him the chance, he's just incredibly grating to listen too.

And then that entire 4th quarter happened. Nope. He's just bad.
the whistle was pre-shot and was a moving pick (allowed shooter vardaro to be free)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:07 pm looks like video review is bad for Kavanagh-style grit
be interesting to follow this year. they're now into the meat of a tough schedule, tighter more intense games probably.
and the subsequent head shot well after the shot was in was blatantly stoopid.
molo

Post by molo »

But how much can Cotter bench?
lacrosseculturedaily

Post by lacrosseculturedaily »

Check out a full review of the Georgetown game here from PLL Pro Jon Donville:

https://lacrosseculturedaily.com/2024/0 ... eorgetown/
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

big narrative guy, tho.
Disagree. I like Cotter's play by play and he has learned the game. I find his brand of self deprecating humor entertaining. I consume a fair amount of lacrosse online and there are many, many worse. That play you refered to, I saw that and knew they had 2-3 seconds to recross, but that's a fairly esoteric play.

A guy calling an OSU game this year thought the attacking team was whistled for not getting it in the box on time, which rule no longer exists, of course, and when the ref clearly signaled offsides.
coda

Post by coda »

Unknown Participant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 pm
big narrative guy, tho.
Disagree. I like Cotter's play by play and he has learned the game. I find his brand of self deprecating humor entertaining. I consume a fair amount of lacrosse online and there are many, many worse. That play you refered to, I saw that and knew they had 2-3 seconds to recross, but that's a fairly esoteric play.

A guy calling an OSU game this year thought the attacking team was whistled for not getting it in the box on time, which rule no longer exists, of course, and when the ref clearly signaled offsides.
I prefer him in the booth. Quinn and Carc together can give me lax bro overload.
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

big narrative guy, tho.

Cotter called Quint K a leprechaun during the Georgetown-ND game. That makes up for any minor screw ups on the rules in my book.
coda

Post by coda »

10 10 2 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:18 pm
big narrative guy, tho.

Cotter called Quint K a leprechaun during the Georgetown-ND game. That makes up for any minor screw ups on the rules in my book.
I am not sure how you can arguing against that.
Unknown Participant

molo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:00 pm But how much can Cotter bench?
Did not intend to be Cotter's defender when I logged on today, but Cotter does not bring that up. Quint/Carc or Anish do to bust his balls. idk, he likes to lift weights, some guys run, crossfit, play golf or tennis, sail, ski, etc. To each his own I guess.
molo

Post by molo »

Interestingly enough, Q, in a podcast with Harvard coach Byrne, agreed with the former ND defense coach that teams are spending too much time on weight training and not enough on other types of physical training snd stick skills. Q has, at least from my perspective, been in the forefront of discussions about weightlifting and nutrition for lax players. My comment about Cotter was not meant as a knock on him but as a refluid how the three of them—Q, Carc, and Cotter—tend to get away from the game and onto irrelevant personal tangents. I don’t mind the tangents as long as I know who is on the second midfield, how the rotation of dms is going, who is taking face-off wings, you know, the kind of things any knowledgeable fan notices watching a game that are not always readily discernible on tv or streaming.
Unknown Participant

molo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:49 pm Interestingly enough, Q, in a podcast with Harvard coach Byrne, agreed with the former ND defense coach that teams are spending too much time on weight training and not enough on other types of physical training snd stick skills. Q has, at least from my perspective, been in the forefront of discussions about weightlifting and nutrition for lax players. My comment about Cotter was not meant as a knock on him but as a refluid how the three of them—Q, Carc, and Cotter—tend to get away from the game and onto irrelevant personal tangents. I don’t mind the tangents as long as I know who is on the second midfield, how the rotation of dms is going, who is taking face-off wings, you know, the kind of things any knowledgeable fan notices watching a game that are not always readily discernible on tv or streaming.
Ok got it. Agree.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

big narrative guy, tho.

to each his own. he presumably gets compensated pretty well by the mothership versus many others and is pretty ubiquitous. so i may drag him a bit if he misses the calls on lots of stuff happening throughout the course of a game. and he does.
MDGrad2012

Post by MDGrad2012 »

Honestly, one thing that annoys me is how he uses nicknames for players instead of their last names. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but it feels unprofessional. I cringed every single time he would say "Petey" when referring to LaSalla. He does the same with "Murph" and "Zap" of Maryland. It doesn't feel right for a play by play guy and is just another thing that makes it feel like he isn't taking the job as seriously as he should.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Geez, a lot of complaining here. You guys should have listened to the PBP guy at Denver last weekend. Compared to him Cotter is the GOAT.
Unknown Participant

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:10 am Geez, a lot of complaining here. You guys should have listened to the PBP guy at Denver last weekend. Compared to him Cotter is the GOAT.
Did it sound like a hockey pbp guy? It seems like a decent amount of schools w/big time hockey get the hockey guy to do lax. So you hear references like "break out," "centered," "short handed" etc. Army, OSU, RIT come to mind.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:23 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:10 am Geez, a lot of complaining here. You guys should have listened to the PBP guy at Denver last weekend. Compared to him Cotter is the GOAT.
Did it sound like a hockey pbp guy? It seems like a decent amount of schools w/big time hockey get the hockey guy to do lax. So you hear references like "break out," "centered," "short handed" etc. Army, OSU, RIT come to mind.
Ha, no! As I posted on Cornell thread last week, the guy must not understand the game due to the amount of dead air there was. When he did speak up it was Denver goal celebration more than anything else. Instead of play by play, he was more like yay by yay. Certainly no hockey references nor any other references for that matter. Horrible. Tierney tried to help but there was little to no explanation of all the penalty controversy happening in game.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Faison gots some lax skills.

DocBarrister :o
@DocBarrister
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Notre Dame has been known for quite some time now for their fantastic man-up unit, but through 4 games they have converted 8 of their 11 man-up opportunities (72%). They really have all the pieces needed for a fantastic man-up unit, outside shooters (Dobson & Kavs) and a great inside finisher (Taylor & Ricciardelli). I know it's still early in the season and the Irish have only been really tested twice, but has there ever been a team that's converted their man-ups at a 70%+ rate the whole season? In 2022 they converted on 2 of every 3 man-ups which is elite. I think this team really could hover around that number all year. They're just so deadly when up a man and it almost feels automatic at this point in the year. Maybe that changes once they start ACC play, but if I'm an opposing defense I'm doing everything I can to avoid penalties.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”