Notre Dame 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:55 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:52 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Refs aren’t calling penalties based on whether they think guys got injured.
You sure about that Mr. Kavanagh?
I guess id be upset too if my team hadn’t done anything in 15 years and had my season ended twice by the Irish in the last 5.
The Kavanagh Defender has logged on. Weren't you just complaining about Spallina taking an unnecessary unsportsmanlike penalty in the Hopkins thread? Tough look
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:02 pm

I guess id be upset too if my team hadn’t done anything in 15 years and had my season ended twice by the Irish in the last 5.
The Kavanagh Defender has logged on. Weren't you just complaining about Spallina taking an unnecessary unsportsmanlike penalty in the Hopkins thread? Tough look
Chris took the penalty and it was a dumb as spallinas. You claiming a guy who landed on a bad shoulder he just had surgery on was faking an injury is also equally stupid.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:05 pm

Chris took the penalty and it was a dumb as spallinas. You claiming a guy who landed on a bad shoulder he just had surgery on was faking an injury is also equally stupid.
Not when A) he's got a history of doing that and B) he immediately comes back in the game after getting a sip of Gatorade. He was trying to sell a nonexistent call. It happens
mdk01

Post by mdk01 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm
BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:05 pm

Not when A) he's got a history of doing that and B) he immediately comes back in the game after getting a sip of Gatorade. He was trying to sell a nonexistent call. It happens
And C) it was legal
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

"history of that"? Guy has played hurt and through rough injuries. Might recall him banged up vs. Duke last year's final.
This carping about these guys is cheap, and petty. They are leaders of the most team-oriented and best coached team in the sport.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

NYlax222 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:46 pm "history of that"? Guy has played hurt and through rough injuries. Might recall him banged up vs. Duke last year's final.
This carping about these guys is cheap, and petty. They are leaders of the most team-oriented and best coached team in the sport.
Don’t even bother. A bunch of sour grape nit picking over two of the grittiest guys in the game right now. Laughable
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

BigTurn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:53 pm
NYlax222 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:46 pm "history of that"? Guy has played hurt and through rough injuries. Might recall him banged up vs. Duke last year's final.
Don’t even bother. A bunch of sour grape nit picking over two of the grittiest guys in the game right now. Laughable
I used to be a fan of the Kavanaghs because of this so called grit and how hard they play. But the drama and theatrics have definitely worn on me. It's just not a good look for lacrosse (or the individual). They are acting like soccer players... when they should be acting like hockey players. So he had shoulder surgery. Apparently he's ok to play and as pointed out was able to get right back in the game. He flailed around like he dislocated his shoulder. And even then, suck it up, get off the field and deal with it there. Same with the very minor head contact earlier in the game. Just not a good look IMO.
molo

Post by molo »

Like them or not, they are leaders of the best team in the country.
Suitcase

Post by Suitcase »

blue angels wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:18 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:00 pm It appears some of the ND team is ready to play professional soccer in Europe.

What a bunch of sandbaggers. Cavanaugh and Entenmann, looking for a call.

Oh, and that was a goal by Duke.
It's the culture at Notre Dame and comes from the top down. Outside of Notre Dame parents, the only ones who think the Kavanaughs are a positive in the college game are the interns at IL.

This is a ridiculous take
random observer

Post by random observer »

RumorMill wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:29 pm
I used to be a fan of the Kavanaghs because of this so called grit and how hard they play. But the drama and theatrics have definitely worn on me. It's just not a good look for lacrosse (or the individual). They are acting like soccer players... when they should be acting like hockey players. So he had shoulder surgery. Apparently he's ok to play and as pointed out was able to get right back in the game. He flailed around like he dislocated his shoulder. And even then, suck it up, get off the field and deal with it there. Same with the very minor head contact earlier in the game. Just not a good look IMO.
Agree. I forget which of the two it was, but one of the Kavs gave an all-time Oscar performance to get a Hopkins defender flagged in the quarters last year that basically ended the game when the Blue Jays were threatening late. Everyone talks about how gritty they are, but they're not above flopping around, and they go head hunting whenever they get the opportunity.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

The Kavs are occasionally a bit dramatic. But also really really good. (I will also say that when you've had a serious injury and tweak it there can be a couple moments when you think you re-injured it and those are scary moments. I'm assuming that's what happened and after the momentary more intense pain passed he could assess and say 'okay, hurt but not injured.') Good game today for the Irish and nice composure to hold off Duke after the 4th quarter tie at 11-11. Looking forward to seeing UVA take on ND, that should be a great one.
BigTurn

Post by BigTurn »

random observer wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:31 pm
Agree. I forget which of the two it was, but one of the Kavs gave an all-time Oscar performance to get a Hopkins defender flagged in the quarters last year that basically ended the game when the Blue Jays were threatening late. Everyone talks about how gritty they are, but they're not above flopping around, and they go head hunting whenever they get the opportunity.
Yea, the all time performance where the Hopkins pole hacked Chris below the belt will the ball in the air 30 yards away. Give me a break :lol:
NYlax222

Post by NYlax222 »

Just love this time of season. Lots of very good teams, super competitive races at top of most conferences. And, the ACC gauntlet - in conference, then ACC tourney, then NCAA tourney. Great win yesterday, most likely face Duke once if not twice more. Love the intensity of the rivalry, and the quality of the play on both sides.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

BigTurn wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:28 am
Yea, the all time performance where the Hopkins pole hacked Chris below the belt will the ball in the air 30 yards away. Give me a break :lol:
Have to agree with others here...if K Bros dish it out in "gritty" fashion (translation = borderline dirty), they need to do better job of taking it ;)
SouthCackaLAXy

Post by SouthCackaLAXy »

The the overly dramatic Kavanetti's flopping around like Italian soccer players detracts from their 'grittiness' and the game. Every time Patricio felt pressure on his back by a 6'3" defender he bent forward and whipped his head back looking to draw the foul as the defenders stick would naturally slide up.

I wonder if the 3 nunces announcing the game were secretly hoping to visit him in the hospital if he actually had a shoulder injury. Thankfully that magic gatorade cured Patricio in 30 seconds once the cameras moved on.

Not saying they're not good players, just saying they need to take it as good as they give it.
random observer

Post by random observer »

Ok my memory was off on this one. This instance wasn't so much a big acting performance (although CKav made a bit of a meal of it, as is his right). But it was a case of CKav getting away with a massive slash, taking a huge hack after Szuluk had already gotten rid of the ball and not even coming close to getting any stick. Then Szuluk retaliated with a reactionary, much lighter check to the hip (not below the belt) and got caught. See below at 2:09:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7ChZekHC4
azim21

Post by azim21 »

Jeez nothing like a little ND vs Duke to bring the haters out :lol: That was a very entertaining, physical game yesterday. Both teams had players go down who eventually went back in. It happens in games like this. It's cool though I get it, typical rivalry stuff. Instead of being upset about an opposing player getting hurt or not, maybe you should focus your energy on your reigning Tewaaraton winning player not being a more important part of your offensive gameplan. Yet again he finished with an average day against Notre Dame. I'm actually pretty surprised to see he took 12 shots yesterday, probably because only 4 were on goal. Would love to chirp and say the Irish defense owns him, but he didn't even look to initiate as much as I expected. On the other end, that was a Tewaaraton level performance Pat Kavanagh put in yesterday. I hope that shoulder injury was a scare more than anything else, because wow to put up the numbers he did yesterday and have 0 turnovers was something special.
azim21

Post by azim21 »

random observer wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:56 am
Ok my memory was off on this one. This instance wasn't so much a big acting performance (although CKav made a bit of a meal of it, as is his right). But it was a case of CKav getting away with a massive slash, taking a huge hack after Szuluk had already gotten rid of the ball and not even coming close to getting any stick. Then Szuluk retaliated with a reactionary, much lighter check to the hip (not below the belt) and got caught. See below at 2:09:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl7ChZekHC4
You can argue about what happened after if you want, but no way was that a "massive slash" :lol: He gave him a slap right on the hands less than a second after the ball was released. At no level is that a slash at all. Really a bonehead play from the defender considering the circumstances.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I have twisted my shoulder in strange ways creating brief, unbelievable pain, which subsides, so long as you don't lift it too high. But later, when you try to raise your arm beyond a certain point, the pain returns, where you are afraid to test your range of motion.

Not saying that is the case here, just giving one anecdote.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

The Kavanaughs are both undeniably talented, high effort players. They're also on the borderline of being dirty players. They're exactly the kind of kids you'd love to have on your team and you'd hate having on other teams.

But what makes me despise them isn't really them. It's that the ESPN announcers (notably Carc) are so busy ball gargling them with their "grit" and "toughness" and whatever. I mean even in the Championship game where Pat was hobbling around, they kept talking about him and his impact when...in reality, he was a non-entity. He probably shouldn't even have been playing. That game was all about all of ND coming to victory, not being rescued by the Kavanaughs...but Carc and team just kept beating that Kavanaugh drum.

Again, not his fault, but the constant media about them makes me want to vomit.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”