MAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
StevieUAlum

Re: MAC 2024

Post by StevieUAlum »

laxrules wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:32 pm I am not sure that was meant at me laxattackjack.
I was really stating my gut feeling. I am not saying it’s a runaway. But the York eastern score makes me lean to Stevenson. God knows I could be wrong….just ask my wife and kids!!
Gotta watch yourself around some of these casual lacrosse fans. I've been nothing but respectful and spoken about how good of a team York is and how Childs has built them into a power in the South in the York 2024 forum.

Made the argument that Stevensons offense is clicking at a better rate recently and overall looks better than York, and I got absolutely roasted by a bunch of casual lacrosse fans who most likely don't know anything about lacrosse besides their sons stats.

Sad to see the forums relegated to s*** talking over difference in opinions. But then again I don't expect the best behavior from fans of teams who have NEVER won anything.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

StevieUAlum wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:09 am I don't expect the best behavior from fans of teams who have NEVER won anything.
Relax and watch the masters Morgan. Do you really enjoy fighting over the rights to a 1st round bounce? Y’all are just lucky CNU and Salisbury aren’t in conference, the REAL powers in the south. Winning your one and only championship when your current 6th years were in elementary school ain’t it bud. Make the tournament for the first time in a while, then do it again, then do it again. Then start your sh*t.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:05 am
StevieUAlum wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:09 am I don't expect the best behavior from fans of teams who have NEVER won anything.
Relax and watch the masters Morgan. Do you really enjoy fighting over the rights to a 1st round bounce? Y’all are just lucky CNU and Salisbury aren’t in conference, the REAL powers in the south. Winning your one and only championship when your current 6th years were in elementary school ain’t it bud. Make the tournament for the first time in a while, then do it again, then do it again. Then start your sh*t.
Morgan? Try again :lol:
choochooCharlie

StevieUAlum wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:10 pm Morgan? Try again :lol:
Riiiiiiiight, My bad…. ;)
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

choochooCharlie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:44 pm
You're close! :o
choochooCharlie

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 am
Got it Morgan, tight lips from here on out. I promise. :lol:
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
York vs Stevenson
Stevens vs DeSales
Messiah vs Widener

Saturday-
Stevens vs Arcadia
Stevenson vs Messiah
York vs Widener
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:49 am
Why're you so upset Chuck? I'll hand it to you that was a good guess but this Mustang graduated in 2014.

Can appreciate your banter!
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:14 am MACtion of note this week;

Wednesday-
York vs Stevenson
Stevens vs DeSales
Messiah vs Widener

Saturday-
Stevens vs Arcadia
Stevenson vs Messiah
York vs Widener
Excited to get this week of MAC play underway! Looking forward to the first of hopefully two Stevenson/York matchups!

Hoping my guys come out on top against York! Messiah with a big week to showcase to the conference how they have potentially turned over a new leaf! Best of luck to all🤝
HockeyLaxGolf42

Post by HockeyLaxGolf42 »

Food for thought: looking at this weeks rankings and Swat up in top 5, if Stevens beats Dickinson in OT are they a top 5 team?
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:34 am
Why're you so upset Chuck? I'll hand it to you that was a good guess but this Mustang graduated in 2014.

I'm not one to crouch behind anonymity. I get it, but I also think it holds me more accountable when I'm putting my words and my name together. I do think there is something to the way you handle yourself once your program finds success. I stopped being so petty and aggressive (except for Eastern, still can't let that one go). When you're a young alumni, I also think you still have that urge to be in the fight. As that is not a possibility, forums like this are the only way to express that competitive desire. All good, as I think the back and forth keep this place entertaining. Pulling for (gasp) the Mustangs this Wednesday. YCP is plenty good, dangerous even. Should be two fun match-ups.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am

Wednesday-
York vs Stevenson
Stevens vs DeSales
Messiah vs Widener

Saturday-
Stevens vs Arcadia
Stevenson vs Messiah
York vs Widener
Excited to get this week of MAC play underway! Looking forward to the first of hopefully two Stevenson/York matchups!

Hoping my guys come out on top against York! Messiah with a big week to showcase to the conference how they have potentially turned over a new leaf! Best of luck to all🤝
Yes, 🤝 same. This is already shaping up to be the most competitive in-conference in quite a while, both in the top and in the middle. Hood actually isn’t far off from that Messiah, Eastern, Widener group, but couldn’t secure a win from Messiah or Widener, and has just one shot left with Eastern to close out their regular season.

It looks like the MACs have scrapped the 4-5 seed tournament play-in game with the even conference numbers. So things are extra meaningful down the stretch with Messiah, Eastern and Widener all vying for the last 2 spots (assuming York/Stevenson as the 1 and 2).

Messiah, MAC 3-0, has Widener, Stevenson, Alvernia and York remaining. I’m projecting wins over Widener and Alvernia, a 5-2 finish, and a 3 seed.

Widener, MAC 3-0, played their easiest games early, and has Messiah, York, Eastern, Stevenson remaining. I see them losing out, finishing 3-4, and narrowly missing the tournament.

Eastern, MAC 0-3, had a front loaded conference schedule. They have Alvernia, Albright, Widener, and Hood remaining. I think they win out and finish a 4-3 4th seed, with their Widener and Hood games “must win” scenarios.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:24 am ... Pulling for (gasp) the Mustangs this Wednesday...
Booo! (But respect your decision)
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am Food for thought: looking at this weeks rankings and Swat up in top 5, if Stevens beats Dickinson in OT are they a top 5 team?
Strong case for sure.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:35 am
HockeyLaxGolf42 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:19 am Food for thought: looking at this weeks rankings and Swat up in top 5, if Stevens beats Dickinson in OT are they a top 5 team?
Strong case for sure.
lots of questionable rankings this week. several teams have good number of wins, but not having strong wins. m

stevens with the one top 20 win
Lynchburg with one top 20 win
Endicott with one top 20 win

roanoke with no top 20 wins

Swat being high. sure. i can see it. and who would be above them? hard to tell with so many give and take games. lots of teams have a head scratching loss.

things will shake out these next few weeks.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

MVPiccoli wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:24 am

I'm not one to crouch behind anonymity. I get it, but I also think it holds me more accountable when I'm putting my words and my name together. I do think there is something to the way you handle yourself once your program finds success. I stopped being so petty and aggressive (except for Eastern, still can't let that one go). When you're a young alumni, I also think you still have that urge to be in the fight. As that is not a possibility, forums like this are the only way to express that competitive desire. All good, as I think the back and forth keep this place entertaining. Pulling for (gasp) the Mustangs this Wednesday. YCP is plenty good, dangerous even. Should be two fun match-ups.
Could not agree more! Unfortunately being attacked for difference in opinion after praising the opposing team in their own forum was something I didn't see coming.

Then got told I shouldn't be proud of my tenure at a school that has in actuality been more than relevant "time and time again." Shoutout choochoo tho, A for effort!

Just here to talk shop and enjoy lacrosse like most fans of the sport! Can appreciate some good banter, but it gets taken way out of context and taken to a whole new level by people with way too much time on their hands.
MacAttack

Post by MacAttack »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Could not agree more! Unfortunately being attacked for difference in opinion after praising the opposing team in their own forum was something I didn't see coming.

Then got told I shouldn't be proud of my tenure at a school that has in actuality been more than relevant "time and time again." Shoutout choochoo tho, A for effort!

Just here to talk shop and enjoy lacrosse like most fans of the sport! Can appreciate some good banter, but it gets taken way out of context and taken to a whole new level by people with way too much time on their hands.
Good Lord Stevie, GET OVER IT. Someone disagreed with you...on a forum...big deal. I log off and come back on several days later and you are still complaining to anyone that will listen on any thread that will have you that someone disagreed with you on the mean York thread. Nobody cares. Get over it and move on with your life!
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

MacAttack wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:30 pm
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:12 pm

Good Lord Stevie, GET OVER IT. Someone disagreed with you...on a forum...big deal. I log off and come back on several days later and you are still complaining to anyone that will listen on any thread that will have you that someone disagreed with you on the mean York thread. Nobody cares. Get over it and move on with your life!
Uh oh another one! Log back off then, could care less. Completely different forum it has continued over to and not started by me. :lol:

Life is tough get a helmet MAC. Will gladly converse with individuals like DeepPocket who are just here to have some fun and talk shop like I've stated.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:31 am
StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 am

Wednesday-
York vs Stevenson
Stevens vs DeSales
Messiah vs Widener

Saturday-
Stevens vs Arcadia
Stevenson vs Messiah
York vs Widener

Yes, 🤝 same. This is already shaping up to be the most competitive in-conference in quite a while, both in the top and in the middle. Hood actually isn’t far off from that Messiah, Eastern, Widener group, but couldn’t secure a win from Messiah or Widener, and has just one shot left with Eastern to close out their regular season.

It looks like the MACs have scrapped the 4-5 seed tournament play-in game with the even conference numbers. So things are extra meaningful down the stretch with Messiah, Eastern and Widener all vying for the last 2 spots (assuming York/Stevenson as the 1 and 2).

Messiah, MAC 3-0, has Widener, Stevenson, Alvernia and York remaining. I’m projecting wins over Widener and Alvernia, a 5-2 finish, and a 3 seed.

Widener, MAC 3-0, played their easiest games early, and has Messiah, York, Eastern, Stevenson remaining. I see them losing out, finishing 3-4, and narrowly missing the tournament.

Eastern, MAC 0-3, had a front loaded conference schedule. They have Alvernia, Albright, Widener, and Hood remaining. I think they win out and finish a 4-3 4th seed, with their Widener and Hood games “must win” scenarios.
I think we will see Messiah put up a good fight against Stevenson and I see them prevailing against Widener fairly easily.

Love how far Messiah has come, love watching their attack unit play. Well kept secret how good those three really are. Did not know Drake Porter was on staff there until a couple weeks ago. Great figure in the lacrosse community to help Messiah recruiting and in the portal IMO.

I hope Eastern finds a way to get in, they are a young team but in the 2 games I've seen them play, there's definitely things to be excited about going forward. Widener I have mentioned before as a program I really hope gets back to where it used to be. Loved playing against them in rivalry games of the old MACC days, conference is better when they are relevant.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

StevieUAlum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:52 pm
I hope Eastern finds a way to get in, they are a young team but in the 2 games I've seen them play, there's definitely things to be excited about going forward. Widener I have mentioned before as a program I really hope gets back to where it used to be. Loved playing against them in rivalry games of the old MACC days, conference is better when they are relevant.
They (Eastern) roared back against Cabrini. Lotta quality on that roster. They struggled at FO and their keeper was guessing A LOT.

Widener v Cabrini game was eventful on the sidelines, but not the field. Chester is a tough sell. They used to find a lot of football/lacrosse players. Meaning, they played both for the Pioneers. IDK if that's the selling point it once was. There was a time when the vast majority of Central League (SEPA) kids looking at D3 picked one or the other (Widener or Cabrini).

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”