CABRINI 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
AbeFroeman

Re: CABRINI 2024

Post by AbeFroeman »

mailsy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:30 am
MrLax2U wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:52 am
Looking forward to this Friday Night’s Game vs. one of the top teams in D3! Let’s go Cavs!
All of D 3 men's lax is proud of your players and coaches. I hope your former coach Cofer is there to join the line at the end of the game and shake Berkman's hand one last time. It was a good rivalry.

On an unrelated note; given that Cabrini and Villanova both have Roman Catholic origins with Philadelphia area roots why didn't Villanova absorb the Cabrini student body or maybe have Cabrini College at Villanova University?
They're too high browed for us. :D The academic standards are higher at Nova, the main reason.The only thing Villanova offered was to wave the application fee for Cabrini students. No extra consideration for faculty or staff unless a position was open and they could apply. Villanova wants the property for expansion reasons. From my understanding.

As an Alum really proud of the guys on this team. Really extra fun following this team this year, considering it's the last ride. Burn the boats!!!

ROLL CAVS FOREVER!!!
what does this mean for current players? i just took a quick look at the roster and see several key contributors on the team that are juniors and sophomores . i can see the sophomores transferring easily to another school. but the juniors that will be seniors next year, i wonder what the options will be.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

AbeFroeman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm
mailsy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:30 am
Looking forward to this Friday Night’s Game vs. one of the top teams in D3! Let’s go Cavs!
All of D 3 men's lax is proud of your players and coaches. I hope your former coach Cofer is there to join the line at the end of the game and shake Berkman's hand one last time. It was a good rivalry.

On an unrelated note; given that Cabrini and Villanova both have Roman Catholic origins with Philadelphia area roots why didn't Villanova absorb the Cabrini student body or maybe have Cabrini College at Villanova University?
They're too high browed for us. :D The academic standards are higher at Nova, the main reason.The only thing Villanova offered was to wave the application fee for Cabrini students. No extra consideration for faculty or staff unless a position was open and they could apply. Villanova wants the property for expansion reasons. From my understanding.

As an Alum really proud of the guys on this team. Really extra fun following this team this year, considering it's the last ride. Burn the boats!!!

ROLL CAVS FOREVER!!!
what does this mean for current players? i just took a quick look at the roster and see several key contributors on the team that are juniors and sophomores . i can see the sophomores transferring easily to another school. but the juniors that will be seniors next year, i wonder what the options will be.
Some are going to definitely play(tryout at least)at other schools next year. Others from what I hear are going to other schools but don't want to play any further and just get their degrees.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Appreciate that Mr Lax. There were some close contests over the years. Mostly Gull domination if we're putting it on the table. I remember winning the 2003 pigtail game at Widener and then rolling down the Shore for the first contest. It was like being put into a blender. Bigas, Martin, Dawson and company pressing out. I don't think we were ever able to set up our offense. Andy Murray winning clean face-offs, but doing it so fast it looked like he had to be jumping. Andy Arnold, Phillips, Bergey having their way. Our goalie, Antonio Masone, stood on his head. We will lost 16-1. I truly think that set Colf on a path, in terms of recruiting and hiring better assistants as the years went on.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

24ish hours until the Gulls roll into ERDF. Our last regular season game. Still feels odd to type that even having these months to absorb it. This is mismatch on paper. I'd be shocked to see it close at the end. But I anticipate at least a couple quarters of competitive ball. Cavs don't have any quit in them, but neither do the Gulls. The WAC game smooths out the chance for Salisbury to turn in a sub-par performance IMO. Betting we see a fair amount of zone played off of restarts. Hoping McCormick goes 50% at the dot and Skipper is seeing the ball. Burn the boats!
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

Anybody know where Connor Herraiz will play next year?
Gullsby1000

Post by Gullsby1000 »

nevadajoe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm Anybody know where Connor Herraiz will play next year?
He was accepted to Salisbury and apparently looking to join the Gulls next year.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm 24ish hours until the Gulls roll into ERDF. Our last regular season game. Still feels odd to type that even having these months to absorb it. This is mismatch on paper. I'd be shocked to see it close at the end. But I anticipate at least a couple quarters of competitive ball. Cavs don't have any quit in them, but neither do the Gulls. The WAC game smooths out the chance for Salisbury to turn in a sub-par performance IMO. Betting we see a fair amount of zone played off of restarts. Hoping McCormick goes 50% at the dot and Skipper is seeing the ball. Burn the boats!
Big crowd expected from Cabrini faithful? Can you save about 50 parking spots for Gull supporters? Friday traffic heading north is brutal on a Friday afternoon.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Motorman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm 24ish hours until the Gulls roll into ERDF. Our last regular season game. Still feels odd to type that even having these months to absorb it. This is mismatch on paper. I'd be shocked to see it close at the end. But I anticipate at least a couple quarters of competitive ball. Cavs don't have any quit in them, but neither do the Gulls. The WAC game smooths out the chance for Salisbury to turn in a sub-par performance IMO. Betting we see a fair amount of zone played off of restarts. Hoping McCormick goes 50% at the dot and Skipper is seeing the ball. Burn the boats!
Big crowd expected from Cabrini faithful? Can you save about 50 parking spots for Gull supporters? Friday traffic heading north is brutal on a Friday afternoon.
They pushed for it, I can't attend personally and I haven't heard much oldhead alumni chatter though. Either way, one of the over-investments Donald Taylor saw to was a parking garage. Y'all shouldn't have an issue. Drive safe!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Gullsby1000 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 pm
nevadajoe wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm Anybody know where Connor Herraiz will play next year?
He was accepted to Salisbury and apparently looking to join the Gulls next year.
Connor is very talented, and loyal. I think he'll turn some heads. Mature with the ball. Crafty dodges. Rides hard. He is a better finisher than most. He also plays team ball, not looking to "get his" necessarily. When the game comes to him though, he attacks. That line-up will be tough to break into, but I'd wager he'll see the field for you all next season if he enrolls and competes. Some caveat emptor (edit: holy cow man, meant carpe diem, Freudian slip maybe!) stuff left to take care of in blue and white. They are going out on their shields.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Neumann on Wednesday. Initially, I thought Widener would benefit most from the closure in terms of local recruits. Perhaps it's the Knights. IDK if they have the coaching staff to take advantage of it. I never found the campus, location, or reputation appealing. But that was two decade's ago. They are similar academically, with a more robust nursing program. Will be curious to see over the coming seasons.

Should the Cavs boat race both these teams that would make almost a quarter century without a league defeat. The last one was prior to my arrival in 2000 to Wesley College. I remember being at the Fall Ball event at Haverford as a freshmen, Wesley was there too. Not understanding the rivalry. Lou Cacchio (one of our senior middies) was yelling at them "we got you this year! we got you this year!". Some fun games followed in 2001.

Anyway, excited to see the game this Wednesday.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

This roster can't fathom our beginning, they weren't born yet. They chose us around the time we reached the summit. Built on the back of cast offs, no names, and 2nd chances. Yet somehow, they embody us. All of us. I'm so impressed. Burn 'em.
mailsy

Post by mailsy »

Only fitting for this season. We have another scheduled day of rain. Who would have thought? Cavs last ever home game. I will my never forget my time on the campus. These young men and women who played this year will have a special place in my heart, some of them gave up a lot to stick it out, but they all have gained so much. They have my utmost respect and appreciation.

ROLL CAVS FOREVER!!!
TronLax1

Post by TronLax1 »

Huge crowd expected today at Cabrini! So proud of this team for their drive, commitment, and determination this season despite all of the challenges they faced with the closing of the school! So very proud of these young men! The whole lacrosse world is cheering this team on! ROLL CAVS ROLL!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Dear Cabrini, I love you. From the moment I stepped foot on your campus I knew you were my siren. Beautiful, but flawed. Intelligent, but occasionally under the influence. Like all my favorite things. At first, I found myself lost on your grounds. I was just a kid, I made mistakes. But you hardened me, molded me, gave me grace and held me accountable. You gave me clarity and purpose. I enjoyed your spoils, and found my own capabilities. You gave me friendships and bonds to mend. I learned. I improved. I lived. I cannot thank you appropriately. It was just a small portion of my life, but it was a part I won't forget, unless a disease takes it from me. Your flaws, my flaws. I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for a home, a tribe, and all the memories.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”