CABRINI 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MVPiccoli

Re: CABRINI 2024

Post by MVPiccoli »

Asgot wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:55 am
DeepPocket wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:34 am Any murmurs of players hitting the portal mid year?
with a super solid fall showing I would imagine that the roster will have very little movement.
Many a slip between a cup and a lip. But I'm inclined to agree; and to believe the boys in their documented expression of commitment to one another and their last adventure.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Roster up. 27 young men by my count.

1 freshman
10 sophomores
16 juniors

17 A/M
7 D/LSM
2 G
1 FO

Hope they work hard and enjoy some success this season.
https://cabriniathletics.com/sports/men ... sort=class
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

LFG.

"ALEXA! Play The Outsiders by Eric Church, volume 10."
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Those boys will remember this entire situation and season for the rest of their lives. They are creating a vibrant bond. Displaying a pretty unique, and very tangible, version of commitment and persistence. Hope they ball out while navigating the adversity that is surely to come. I'm here for all of it. Absolutely love to see it.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

One of the magical things that happens when a local college recruits locally, alumni have roots in the area and tend to stick around. I ran into Ryan Greer, class of 2001, in the Glen Mills, PA Costco. (He's a Ridley guy. Transferred to Cabrini from West Point of all places. Evolved into quite the leader for us when I was there.) Every time it happens, with any of my boys, it's like being instantly transported back in time and space. Yeah, we all text and follow each other's families and insanities on social, but it's just different in person. My kids go to elementary school with two other alumni. I play over 30 soccer with another guy. Several others in the local little league, where we all commiserate about why none of them like lacrosse, but aggressively cheer them on anyway. I love that about our little group of savages. Bugs me that the chance to experience that is disappearing for the young bucks on the come up in HS right now somewhere in Delco or Chesco.

From all sides, it looks like Deluca has done the impossible in keeping a core competitive group of student athletes together under these circumstances. They lack depth, but maybe that'll work in their favor. IDK. When everyone has to contribute, there is no where to hide. Knocking on wood they all get to stay healthy. Getting juiced up thinking about this upcoming season.
TronLax1

Preliminary 2024 Schedule

Post by TronLax1 »

Unofficial Cabrini Men's Lacrosse schedule has been posted on Inside Lacrosse's Website. 15 regular season games so far listed.

2/17 vs. Haverford
2/24 @ Lynchburg
2/27 @ Hampden-Sydney
3/8 @ Cortland
3/16 vs. Wooster
3/19 vs. Catholic
3/22 vs. Eastern
3/30 vs. DeSales
4/3 @ Gwynedd-Mercy
4/6 vs. Marymount
4/10 vs. Neumann
4/13 @ Marywood
4/17 vs. Centenary
4/20 @ Immaculata
4/26 vs. Salisbury
Not Suitable

Re: Preliminary 2024 Schedule

Post by Not Suitable »

TronLax1 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:10 am Unofficial Cabrini Men's Lacrosse schedule has been posted on Inside Lacrosse's Website. 15 regular season games so far listed.

2/17 vs. Haverford
2/24 @ Lynchburg
2/27 @ Hampden-Sydney
3/8 @ Cortland
3/16 vs. Wooster
3/19 vs. Catholic
3/22 vs. Eastern
3/30 vs. DeSales
4/3 @ Gwynedd-Mercy
4/6 vs. Marymount
4/10 vs. Neumann
4/13 @ Marywood
4/17 vs. Centenary
4/20 @ Immaculata
4/26 vs. Salisbury
Looks like 15-0 to me.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Any Junior would probably smart to leave now, going to be tough to transfer 3 years of classes into a new school.

Seniors/5th years should stay!! (Graduate and leave on final tour)

Freshman and Sophomores should stay! (at least they will be able to transfer all those classes into their next school)
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

laxrules wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:58 pm Any Junior would probably smart to leave now, going to be tough to transfer 3 years of classes into a new school.

Seniors/5th years should stay!! (Graduate and leave on final tour)

Freshman and Sophomores should stay! (at least they will be able to transfer all those classes into their next school)
You know, if it were my kid, and I'm 8 years away from having one in college, I'd be asking him if he was sure this is what he wanted to do, advise him on the challenges academically/athletically, and then let him make his choice. Could that decision change over the break? Sure. Kids change their mind all the time. No one would hold it against them either. From material published outside the program, and as an alumni with some insight, it seems like they all made their choice and it's to "touch the exit." I'm personally thankful and proud of them. These are life lessons that they will carry with them. I'd imagine the bond created this spring will also amplify their ability to stay present, tackle adversity, and deliver some incredible longterm friendships.
TronLax1

Feb. 10 Preseason Scrimmage

Post by TronLax1 »

Franklin & Marshall vs. Cabrini in Radnor, PA @ 2:00PM.
ToeDipper78

Post by ToeDipper78 »

Complete outsider take, but I'd bet this squad rolls a lot of opponents out of sheer leave-it-all-on-the-field approach. They are going to bring a lot of upperclassmen strength, energy and attitude that will be tough to withstand. Expect lots of yelling, flags, and celebrations.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

I can see them making the tourney based on record and nostalgia

I really only see 4 games they should be underdogs.

Lynchburg
HSC
Eastern
Salisbury

That could have them 13-4 and in the top 20
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:45 pm I can see them making the tourney based on record and nostalgia

Lynchburg
HSC
Eastern
Salisbury

HSC maybe but I don't think they'll be underdogs against Eastern. I would replace Eastern with Cortland.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ToeDipper78 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:56 pm Complete outsider take, but I'd bet this squad rolls a lot of opponents out of sheer leave-it-all-on-the-field approach. They are going to bring a lot of upperclassmen strength, energy and attitude that will be tough to withstand. Expect lots of yelling, flags, and celebrations.
This is a pretty unique situation. It's not like the program got cut, a la Title IX. Every one of the 27 student-athletes rostered could have bounced. I too anticipate seeing the "how hard would you play today if you couldn't play tomorrow" mindset in it's most visceral form, every game. They didn't have a fire last season. It was very evident. Colf saw the future and man, you didn't even hear him at the games. That trickled down IMO. Addition by subtraction this spring. They are fully committed. Tommy Deluca has an astute mind. We are blessed to have him for this season. He'll likely be out coached in a lot of games, meaning, in game adjustments, substitutions, play calling. Just a product of his experience. But he'll be giving the boys energy, consistently. Something to be said for that. I don't know what the outcomes will be, but the output will be spectacular.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Not Suitable wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:19 am
Laxattackjack wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:45 pm I can see them making the tourney based on record and nostalgia

Lynchburg
HSC
Eastern
Salisbury

HSC maybe but I don't think they'll be underdogs against Eastern. I would replace Eastern with Cortland.
Eastern is up and coming. One of the best attackman in the conference. They gave York and Stevenson two tough games last year.

Yes. Add Cortland to that list. It still, that is 12-5 record. They should roll through the AEC and get a tourney bid.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I thought the Inside lacrosse write up was lovely. Kinda shocked they have us in the Top 20 at all. Good omens having them ranked #19 (2019). Loved the call out on Bear Evans. Kid is a walking problem. Their thoughts on the lack of a deeper bench aligned with mine as well. Colf (like everyone esle) would carry 40+, but the back end of any roster is made up of internal contributors.

One of the many ways that I would emulate Berkman, is the way he utilizes internal competition. It's legendary. There is no where to hide on that roster. You're gonna get tested everyday. Not saying Colf didn't find ways to do that for us, but man, you trim 13-17 guys off a roster and now the practice reps get even more intense.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:54 am I thought the Inside lacrosse write up was lovely. Kinda shocked they have us in the Top 20 at all. Good omens having them ranked #19 (2019). Loved the call out on Bear Evans. Kid is a walking problem. Their thoughts on the lack of a deeper bench aligned with mine as well. Colf (like everyone esle) would carry 40+, but the back end of any roster is made up of internal contributors.

One of the many ways that I would emulate Berkman, is the way he utilizes internal competition. It's legendary. There is no where to hide on that roster. You're gonna get tested everyday. Not saying Colf didn't find ways to do that for us, but man, you trim 13-17 guys off a roster and now the practice reps get even more intense.
I didn't know McManus was back. Great shooter for the cavs.
Not Suitable

Post by Not Suitable »

MVPiccoli wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:54 am I thought the Inside lacrosse write up was lovely. Kinda shocked they have us in the Top 20 at all. Good omens having them ranked #19 (2019). Loved the call out on Bear Evans. Kid is a walking problem. Their thoughts on the lack of a deeper bench aligned with mine as well. Colf (like everyone esle) would carry 40+, but the back end of any roster is made up of internal contributors.

MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Not Suitable wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:39 am

Intriguing components offensively. They will present real problems for every defense (sans Gulls?) on their schedule. I'll wonder how Deluca went about scheme and play installation, and will be curious to see how/if he adjusts it. He has so much to do. Gotta think he's leaning heavily on what Hill built, maybe polling his leaders on stuff they like. Our M.O. of early OOC tests means we won't have to wait long to find out.
GoTerriers8

Post by GoTerriers8 »

So excited to watch this Cavalier team. Will they play a lot of zone to compensate for less numbers? Push the tempo because everyone on the roster has gotten more touches the last 6 months and have durastically increased stick skills. I am so excited to see.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”