ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
BigFella

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by BigFella »

JBFortunato wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:52 pm
Brain wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:50 pm Well well well, Noke goes into FarmVille and beats the piss out of the Boys Club. Wonder if not resting starters and pumping the lower competition in conference payed dividends? I guess Kammerman, Docking and Whitlow can stat pad against better talent too. Ice up Sydney. Math class, all dudes, 10am Monday.
Well said. :lol:
Forums upset with Pilat. What’s new? Boys club Beatdown from Noke. Someone has to wear the black hat, pilat doesn’t care about the “relevant” chatter. Any way you slice it, you have to win in May. The trolls will come out and whine. Hope noke can show it these next few weeks.
Jakes

Post by Jakes »

Says the steroid pushing, cokehead ex-trainer for Roanoke. Go away buddy.
Schleprock37

Post by Schleprock37 »

Still nothing impressive to come out of FarmVille this year. Disappointing day for Rostan’s tigers. Kilfeather might want to reign in the home run checks if he wants to run with the big boys. Bobs and love it. DBMU
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

Lynchburg given an absolute gift with a kid cramping with 15 seconds to go and their two grad assistants botch the ball to end the game. Maybe experience isn’t all that important??!?!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Big games in the ODAC yesterday, great win by W&L. It seems the home teams can’t hold serve between these two. Generals played exceptionally well last night. While I thought they could win can’t say I expected it, Lynchburg played tough as you’d expect. The game that did surprise me was the Roanoke/ HSC game. Where did that come from, best game I’ve seen Noke play in awhile. Luca Dunkin went 4 and 4 was on fire. Not sure if that was a turning point for Roanoke but they dominated that game. The rest of the Roanoke team showed up not just the attack. You get the sense they may have something to say before conference play is out.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Really good games yesterday.
Congrats. to W&L. Great game. Shelly was packed with 1000+\- on hand. Goalies played great. Hadley with 1 less save. Unsettled battle intense. Spano’s dominant performance tilting GBs and game in the Generals favor.
Just like CNU my bugs couldn’t finish. Agree with posted on W&L thread that McCabe knew to play his depth, rest the injured and game plan to feed inside in the 4th..both great looks. Hope these 2 meet again for another chess match.

NOKE looked very solid yesterday. LYN visits them soon and W&L gets great film on that one before they visit.. shaping up to be quite a finish.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Jakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:55 pm Says the steroid pushing, cokehead ex-trainer for Roanoke. Go away buddy.
I’m not your buddy pal.
Hornetz2024

Post by Hornetz2024 »

BigFella wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:41 pm
Brain wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:50 pm Well well well, Noke goes into FarmVille and beats the piss out of the Boys Club. Wonder if not resting starters and pumping the lower competition in conference payed dividends? I guess Kammerman, Docking and Whitlow can stat pad against better talent too. Ice up Sydney. Math class, all dudes, 10am Monday.
Forums upset with Pilat. What’s new? Boys club Beatdown from Noke. Someone has to wear the black hat, pilat doesn’t care about the “relevant” chatter. Any way you slice it, you have to win in May. The trolls will come out and whine. Hope noke can show it these next few weeks.
Despite Roanoke's showing versus H-SC, their season will not last long. This year's ODAC tourney will be similar to that of 2 years ago, where W&L earns 1 seed, Lynchburg 2 seed, Noke 3 and H-SC 4. Roanoke will get exposed by Lynchburg and W&L in the coming weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if H-SC comes out swinging against my Hornets at the end of the regular season too. They definitely have that game circled on their schedule. H-SC will get their revenge against W&L in early May in Lexington, and Lynchburg is going to smoke Noke. Toss up between H-SC and Lynch for the 2024 title.
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

Hornetz2024 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:01 pm
Despite Roanoke's showing versus H-SC, their season will not last long. This year's ODAC tourney will be similar to that of 2 years ago, where W&L earns 1 seed, Lynchburg 2 seed, Noke 3 and H-SC 4. Roanoke will get exposed by Lynchburg and W&L in the coming weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if H-SC comes out swinging against my Hornets at the end of the regular season too. They definitely have that game circled on their schedule. H-SC will get their revenge against W&L in early May in Lexington, and Lynchburg is going to smoke Noke. Toss up between H-SC and Lynch for the 2024 title.
A tale as old as time...

Regular Season
Roanoke beats HSC
W&L beats Lynchburg
HSC upsets W&L or Lynchburg

ODAC’s - W&L or Lynchburg host
Roanoke loses in semi final
W&L beats HSC
Lynchburg vs. W&L in ODAC Final – both get bids to NCAA’s
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

It’s surprising that this many Roanoke fans can read and write
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Laxfan69 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm It’s surprising that this many Roanoke fans can read and write
Sentences end with a period genius.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

JBFortunato wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:24 pm
Laxfan69 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:17 pm It’s surprising that this many Roanoke fans can read and write
Do they always?
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

SixBySix wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:07 am
JBFortunato wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:24 pm
Do they always?
This is top-tier!
Brokenstick

Post by Brokenstick »

DTL94 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:22 pm
Hornetz2024 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:01 pm
A tale as old as time...

Regular Season
Roanoke beats HSC
W&L beats Lynchburg
HSC upsets W&L or Lynchburg

ODAC’s - W&L or Lynchburg host
Roanoke loses in semi final
W&L beats HSC
Lynchburg vs. W&L in ODAC Final – both get bids to NCAA’s
Hard to argue with any of this, based on recent history. It seems like the ODAC is still wide open and rather even at the top. Who wants it more? This yr, Lynchburg has had tough OOC games and losses but still loaded. W&L had injuries early but seems to have found its stride. Noke and HSC are probably the wildcards. It still remains to be seen if RMC can break through having played fairly close games recently against HSC and W&L. They have some skill and upset Lynchburg a year ago, but couldn’t capitalize on it in the tournament. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch.
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Apparently, Inside Lacrosse can't spell correctly either, when it comes to Roanoke:

Headlines of article:
Men's DIII Rankings: Wesleyan, Roanoake, Swarthmore Trending Up
link: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... g-up/63041

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

Some key games now in the ODAC. W&L has faced and beaten HSC and Lynchburg to date. Roanoke still remains for a Tuesday night game against the Generals. After watching Roanoke whip HSC, I’d be concerned about this game and worry about CNU later. Hope the Generals stay focused. The big concern now is Joey Allen out since game 4, is he coming back or gone for the season. Will Burns,Mannino and Beatty be back for the Roanoke game
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Roanoke has two big tough games before the W&L game. I think their legs may be weary after playing Lynchburg and Macon. Playing W&L on a Tuesday is one less day of rest for the Maroons. I think W&L will win that game especially if their injured guys are back.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:22 pm Some key games now in the ODAC. W&L has faced and beaten HSC and Lynchburg to date. Roanoke still remains for a Tuesday night game against the Generals. After watching Roanoke whip HSC, I’d be concerned about this game and worry about CNU later. Hope the Generals stay focused. The big concern now is Joey Allen out since game 4, is he coming back or gone for the season. Will Burns,Mannino and Beatty be back for the Roanoke game
There is one that won't be back. One that will. The other 2 are maybes. Fortunately they are off until the 19th for break before Summer term.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Carroll81 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:51 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:22 pm Some key games now in the ODAC. W&L has faced and beaten HSC and Lynchburg to date. Roanoke still remains for a Tuesday night game against the Generals. After watching Roanoke whip HSC, I’d be concerned about this game and worry about CNU later. Hope the Generals stay focused. The big concern now is Joey Allen out since game 4, is he coming back or gone for the season. Will Burns,Mannino and Beatty be back for the Roanoke game
There is one that won't be back. One that will. The other 2 are maybes. Fortunately they are off until the 19th for break before Summer term.
Good to hear, wish they all could have retuned before the end of the season. It’s been a great year my hopes for the team would be for them to enjoy another conference title and play deep into May. .
It’s great to see how one great LSM can create so much offense across the board. Last year the team D was one of the highest scoring defensive units in the country
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

NOKE looks dangerous, seems to be healthy and hosts LYN Wednesday at home. They must be feeling good about their chances against a 7-5 team who can’t seem to close out games in the 4th.

LYN soft spot in LSM and SSDM exposed. (Darminio / Nestor loss shows, especially on FO). Coach K has played A lOT of guys this year trying to balance the large roster and 5th year affect. Have tough losses capped off by W&L dagger bruised their psyche? They are right in the edge of a complete games. Many 5th years but they really are a young team with 3 Soph attack, all freshman’s 2nd line mid. 3 Soph SSDM’s and 1 Soph LSM. Thinking they can put it all together but it’s an uphill climb..We will see today when they host RMC today..

W&L and McCabe has been masterful through their 1st Mustang classic, injuries and tough RMC/HSC games going deep into depth. Time to rest with cupcake tomorrow and break.. I expect them to be prepared for NOKE at home..
Frankly, I’m blown away by Spano. Kid is a stud!

Best time of the year!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”