D3 Mens Lacrosse
Cyborg Reticulan

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by Cyborg Reticulan »

CHINA!!!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Regualar season RMC loses to Lynchburg and Roanoke by 9 and 13 pts, W&L by 2. RMC gets a big win against HSC to play the Generals in a he conference semi. RMC played the Generals tough in the regular season matchup winning 3 of the 4 qtrs. Definitely concerned about this game going in these young men came in with a belief that they could win that’s dangerous. If you told me the Generals got 70% plus on the face offs I’d say they had won. Obviously that didn’t happen. Let’s see if Sunday night at 9:00 brings some good news. More importantly let’s see what this team does with it.
Can RMC complete the dream, only half the work is done
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:57 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:45 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 pm Eastern and RMC were not better than YCP or W&L. But they both outworked the talent on the other side. Very impressive. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent, as the quote goes. Inspiring stuff.
““Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard”
-Tim Notke” - MVPiccoli

Well said.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" Wayne Gretzky, Michael Scott, MVP
Exactly what I was going for there
You're a top 3 poster in my book big Deepy.

I got the Bugs over RMC for the ship. They found it. They have the capability to contend for a FF.
DTL94

Post by DTL94 »

Great color, I also have Lynchburg beating Randy Mac...
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Generals sure don't like winning in the ODAC Tournament when they get that 1 seed...
ThirdString

Post by ThirdString »

As one of the few RMC alum on this board this was a sweet win and hoping the boys can continue to overachieve this weekend and beyond.

From 2011 we've had: Plantholt have this team on the upswing, to him leaving in the middle of the night trying to take his recruits, to JB joining late, to the turf field built, to a miraculous victory over HSC in the quarters, to the last of the Plantholt recruits leaving, to the finishing of the door rooms around the turf, to the team bottoming out in 2015/16, to getting a fulltime assistant, to the team culture being reset in 17 and beyond, to sneaking a win off Roanoke, to recruiting having an uptick, to finishing the second turf field & getting a second fulltime assistant, to upsetting Lynchburg, to finishing Duke hall, to Alumi donations being highest ever, to a full time locker room, to this season and hopefully a renovated athletes weight room soon. A complete overhaul of the program in a decade plus that hopefully is the start of the big 5 in the ODAC and not just a one-off.

Keep the train rolling and you never know what can happen in the finals. As always, hats off to the Generals who served me some proper beat-downs that started with that awful away locker room with the cork board filled with ODAC teams smack talk over the years :lol:
Thunder14

Post by Thunder14 »

Gennies dont take team showers
Brokenstick

Post by Brokenstick »

ThirdString wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am As one of the few RMC alum on this board this was a sweet win and hoping the boys can continue to overachieve this weekend and beyond.

From 2011 we've had: Plantholt have this team on the upswing, to him leaving in the middle of the night trying to take his recruits, to JB joining late, to the turf field built, to a miraculous victory over HSC in the quarters, to the last of the Plantholt recruits leaving, to the finishing of the door rooms around the turf, to the team bottoming out in 2015/16, to getting a fulltime assistant, to the team culture being reset in 17 and beyond, to sneaking a win off Roanoke, to recruiting having an uptick, to finishing the second turf field & getting a second fulltime assistant, to upsetting Lynchburg, to finishing Duke hall, to Alumi donations being highest ever, to a full time locker room, to this season and hopefully a renovated athletes weight room soon. A complete overhaul of the program in a decade plus that hopefully is the start of the big 5 in the ODAC and not just a one-off.

Keep the train rolling and you never know what can happen in the finals. As always, hats off to the Generals who served me some proper beat-downs that started with that awful away locker room with the cork board filled with ODAC teams smack talk over the years :lol:
Coach Sheridan has definitely had the program on a steady climb for a while now. Time will tell, but last years upset win over Lynchburg, along with this tournament run through HSC and W&L show that they can hang with the top 4 if they play well for a complete game. Doing that consistently is their next step. Sheridan is recruiting well w/ kids from solid HS programs. If he keeps it rolling, RMC won’t be in the middle of the ODAC rankings anymore. It’s a better conference with RMC in the hunt.
LetTheBoyWatch

Post by LetTheBoyWatch »

LaxDad39 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 pm Generals playing too many First Year players, all year, might have finally caught up to them. Teams play experienced players for a reason, they can handle a pressure situation. RMC adjusted defensively in the second half. Both goalies were mediocre, Spano had another good game, and he was the only First Year that should have played all year. Hopefully, the Generals get a bid to the NCAA tournament.
Sorry but it’s obvious that your son doesn’t play and you can’t handle it. The best players are on the field. You need to get over it.
SemperFiUSMC1008

Post by SemperFiUSMC1008 »

It's ok Gennies . . .
Momma always said lacrosse is like a box of chocolates . . . you never know what you're gonna get!
(Say it with your best Forest Gump impression)
Dehuntshigwa’es

ThirdString wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:03 am As one of the few RMC alum on this board this was a sweet win and hoping the boys can continue to overachieve this weekend and beyond.

Gotta congratulate RMC on a great win, especially when losing 70% of the face offs. Those players never gave up and believed they could win. I watched the game closely and if I thought the Generals played poorly I’d have been upset. That was not the case, I personally thought the Generals played well. Of course there ways some misses here and there but was impressed by RMC’s determination and skill. Tonight will be another big test, hope they have enough gas for anther big win. I’ll be curious if you guys can match up at midfield. Your goalie needs a big night tonight well over 50%. Good luck, love to see another ODAC threat emerge.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:23 am

Gotta congratulate RMC on a great win, especially when losing 70% of the face offs. Those players never gave up and believed they could win. I watched the game closely and if I thought the Generals played poorly I’d have been upset. That was not the case, I personally thought the Generals played well. Of course there ways some misses here and there but was impressed by RMC’s determination and skill. Tonight will be another big test, hope they have enough gas for anther big win. I’ll be curious if you guys can match up at midfield. Your goalie needs a big night tonight well over 50%. Good luck, love to see another ODAC threat emerge.
nice to see RMC make a run. but i feel reality will hit them tonight. lynchburg by double digits.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Laxattackjack wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:47 am

nice to see RMC make a run. but i feel reality will hit them tonight. lynchburg by double digits.
Of course RMC should not win tonight but I didn’t think they beat W&L. I thought they make it a game coming off the HSC game and it would be close. They aren’t sneaking up against Lynchburg who lost to them last year and just saw them take down HSC and W&L back to back. Imagine if they win though. It would be the biggest story in D3 lax of the year !!! Love to see it
Hadley is potentially a big problem. Against a very good O he saved 75% last night, no one is going to beat a team if the goalie can throw that down
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

Checking in before this ODAC Championship to say a few words.

My Tigers were dispatched by a very solid RMC squad, but I am more than happy with the way the program is going. I said it once and I'll say it again, Perry was tough to replace. Smith did a solid job this year in goal, and I hope that we can build on his success with the stable of goalies in Farmville. The defense will need to be improved for Rostan to remain in the top 4, but I was happy with the pace of play that the team played at. I'll have more remarks following the tournament, but for now, I will turn towards today's matchup.

LYN has to be a bit disappointed that W&L lost. They want revenge for sure, and nothing is sweeter than going across the mountains to beat the frat boys over there. However, after last season's loss in Ashland, I am sure Koudelka is more than happy to put a beating on the other bugs. This game will be fiesty; Jack Smith and his crew of Yellow Jackets have to be pumped to face this Lynchburg defense. While daunting, I am sure that they will have a good idea of how to put the ball in the back of the net. DO NOT let Bubba get hot on the interior - that was a mistake that Rostan will be thinking about for awhile. For the LYN offense, I haven't seen them this hot in awhile. #38 has been a really consistent performer for them; I saw a nice highlight on Facebook that has shown he can do more than just catch and finish. Look for #27 to come out of the gates and pepper from the lefty wing, and I would suspect that Macon has figured out to not let #55 sweep to the middle. We shall see if that's true or not.

Either way, excited for this game to cap off a wonderful ODAC season full of fantastic lacrosse. Wish I could be at Shellenberger for this one, but my mistress needs a designated driver for her Charlottesville winery outing with her old Sorority gals. Safe to say I will not be following Gene's example today, although lord knows I could use a couple shots of Jameson to get Thursday's loss off my mind. Happy ODACtion everyone!!
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:55 am

Of course RMC should not win tonight but I didn’t think they beat W&L. I thought they make it a game coming off the HSC game and it would be close. They aren’t sneaking up against Lynchburg who lost to them last year and just saw them take down HSC and W&L back to back. Imagine if they win though. It would be the biggest story in D3 lax of the year !!! Love to see it
Hadley is potentially a big problem. Against a very good O he saved 75% last night, no one is going to beat a team if the goalie can throw that down
[/quote}

Dehunt, golden rule, do not skip or plan ahead in sports games, you did that against our Gennies, shame on you.

valaxfan
Dehuntshigwa’es

valaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:05 pm

[/quote}

Dehunt, golden rule, do not skip or plan ahead in sports games, you did that against our Gennies, shame on you.

valaxfan
😂😂😂 Easy big fella, I wasn’t predicting a W&L / Lynchburg final , I was hoping for one.
In fact I had doubts about the Gennies getting out alive in the RMC game after they beat HSC. In case you missed this my last comment before the RMC game. Maybe I need to double post this so you can keep up 😉
Dehuntshigwa’es

There is nothing more dangerous than a man or a team who believes in themselves. Generals will face Randy Mac who just beat HSC and is believing, and rightly so. They won the second half of the first match up 7-4, they also beat the Generals in the first qtr 2-1. Thankfully it’s a 60 minute game. I’d hope the Generals view them as a real threat and beat any hope RMC may have out of them early on and don’t let go. Don’t allow the momentum RMC has to carry over to this game. Good luck W&L
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:43 pm
valaxfan wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:05 pm

[/quote}

valaxfan
😂😂😂 Easy big fella, I wasn’t predicting a W&L / Lynchburg final , I was hoping for one.
In fact I had doubts about the Gennies getting out alive in the RMC game after they beat HSC. In case you missed this my last comment before the RMC game. Maybe I need to double post this so you can keep up 😉
As usual, you are all over this fanlax map, you can CYA all you want, you were predicting the Gennies vs Hornets game per below. And, you can try and make fun of me all you want, not going to hide what kind of person who does those things, not a good person.

valaxfan

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:37 am

W&L / Lynchburg is a pick ‘em game. Honestly if they played 10x I think they’d be .500. It’s truly a one possession game, the goalie or fogo catches fire,or a failed clear. I haven’t any idea what the outcome could be should they meet again. Let’s just hope both get to the finals
luxlaxbro

Post by luxlaxbro »

If anyone is at the ODAC Championship game: post update please. Feed has been down for most off the second half. ODAC do better ...live streaming should not be this much of an issue in 2024 for championship games.
Dehuntshigwa’es

luxlaxbro wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:37 pm If anyone is at the ODAC Championship game: post update please. Feed has been down for most off the second half. ODAC do better ...live streaming should not be this much of an issue in 2024 for championship games.
12-8 Lburg out front. 3:30 to play. GB’s have been a problem all day

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”