ODAC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LaxGuru27

Re: ODAC 2024

Post by LaxGuru27 »

2laxers wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:28 pm If Roanoke were to beat W&L on Tuesday and Lynchburg beats Shenendoah on Wednesday, does anyone know how the seeding would work out for the top 3? They each would have beat one another head to head. Trying to read through the tie breaking procedure is not easy if they use the 5 point thing. There is also a section on Goal Differential, which I think is between the tied teams. So, Lynchburg is +2 vs. (W&L and Roanoke), Roanoke is -3 vs. Lynchburg and W&L is +1 vs. Lynchburg. If Roanoke were to beat W&L by 4 would the seeding be: 1. Lynchburg 2. Roanoke 3. W&L.
I am also not sure how it works, would love someone's opinion on this as well!
LAXDADGUILFORD

Post by LAXDADGUILFORD »

Great weekend for the Hornets. As predicted, Lynchburg played HSC similar to the way they did in 2022, when it was also HSC's Senior Day. The Hornets got off to a great start in 1Q, going up 4-1. Then finishing the first half up 7-3.

HSC got the scoring started with #42 Burke then the flood gates opened for Lynchburg rattling off 7-in-a-row. #10 Rust started the scoring, then #52 Meadows scored from the SSDM position (one of my favorite SSDMs in the ODAC). #38 Vandenburg finished 3-in-a-row and then Rust put the cherry on top of a great first half.

LYN close defense and rope unit looked great as well. Shoutout #6 Ulrichs with 3 CTOs and multiple plays down the field. Thought Lynchburg looked better in the clear as well, finishing 17-20 (85%)... definitely an area of focus moving forward. #56 Kraus with a great performance at the X... looked consistently quicker and more decisive than HSC face-off men. Lynchburg also dominated the ground-ball battle.

From HSC's POV, not sure what happened against the Hornets. Played the Generals way closer (L 10-11) earlier in the April, and I think the Generals are most comparable to Lynchburg on the schedule.

Overall, great weekend from Lynchburg... Roanoke dispatched RMC; not super surprised Roanoke won, but thought RMC would perform better.
ODACtionEmpire

Post by ODACtionEmpire »

Tough weekend for my Tigers. Didn't get a chance to watch live thanks to my ex-wife being in town for court, but watched the DVR yesterday and boy was that a rough one. I've never seen a Rostan coached goalie drop his hands as much as Smith did - typically a tell-tale sign that there has been some hazing on Frat Circle... #38 for the Bugs had that entire defense in a blender. I called it back in the fall - Will Perry was like Mohammed for the Tigers, and he's been very hard to replace in these big games, including helping the offense score some goals. Credit to Lynchburg for shooting the ball really well (once again).

It's been a cold winter in Farmville. Heard this year's Longwood class of nursing students has been a bit of a drag, so the fellas have had to turn to the woods to find formal dates. Last time this happened was the 6-8 season in 2008 following that legendary '07 year. This group has to have a reality check this week before they make a run in the ODAC tourney. I like their chances if they match up with W&L again. They'll have a nice break after tomorrow's showdown with VaWes, thankfully that one's on the grass and not down on the beach.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Big game tonight in Lexington with large size implications. Not a fan of comparative scores but I’ve caught myself peaking at the results of the Roanoke /HSC / Lynchburg games. Noke abused HSC and played well and very hard against Lynchburg. Who knows if the outcome may have been different with Kammerman in the 4th. We will know in the first qtr what kind of night Spano may have. He certainly is capable of going off on Noke. Bou was 15/24 last year. I know Seeds had a particularly good night as well. I will be very happy if 2-3 players are off the injured reserve list and play tonight. Roanoke has improved, if the Generals play well I believe they will pocket the W.
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 pm Big game tonight in Lexington with large size implications. Not a fan of comparative scores but I’ve caught myself peaking at the results of the Roanoke /HSC / Lynchburg games. Noke abused HSC and played well and very hard against Lynchburg. Who knows if the outcome may have been different with Kammerman in the 4th. We will know in the first qtr what kind of night Spano may have. He certainly is capable of going off on Noke. Bou was 15/24 last year. I know Seeds had a particularly good night as well. I will be very happy if 2-3 players are off the injured reserve list and play tonight. Roanoke has improved, if the Generals play well I believe they will pocket the W.
Roanoke has definitely improved, but i feel like the public top 20 rankings will be the downturn of this team. maybe i am wrong, but i have watched a few games and i don’t think they are top 20. the best win is Grove City.

like i said, maybe i am wrong. but a 1-2 goal loss tonight is just as bad as a 5-6 goal loss. it will be another loss vs top 20 team, making them 0-4. tonight is a must win game for this team to prove they belong
Dehuntshigwa’es

Generals put it all together this evening, kudos to all on the defensive side of the ball. De Cain had another good outing and Spano once he got warm denied Roanoke the ball, winning 17/25 at 68%. Not all face offs are the same and when Roanoke had a little run he went on a roll. Winning to himself over 50% set him up for a great score as well. The Ssdm group with Cohen,AlbregtsBrennan and Reed are outstanding. When does Beatty get back? The D held a pretty potent offense to 11 goals Noke’s second lowest total ( 10 against Mary Washington )of the year. This is 7 straight which is hard to do. Holding the Kammermans and Docking 3 top scorers to 4 pts is outstanding (they totaled 17 shots only 2 goals). Total turnovers for W&L was 8 which I can guarantee is a low without looking. Good to see Burns out there hard to tell from the webcast if he’s 100%, he certainly had a strong night tonight. Hopefully the Generals can take this win and build on it. Nice game by Elliot 😉
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 pm Generals put it all together this evening, kudos to all on the defensive side of the ball. De Cain had another good outing and Spano once he got warm denied Roanoke the ball, winning 17/25 at 68%. Not all face offs are the same and when Roanoke had a little run he went on a roll. Winning to himself over 50% set him up for a great score as well. The Ssdm group with Cohen,AlbregtsBrennan and Reed are outstanding. When does Beatty get back? The D held a pretty potent offense to 11 goals Noke’s second lowest total ( 10 against Mary Washington )of the year. This is 7 straight which is hard to do. Holding the Kammermans and Docking 3 top scorers to 4 pts is outstanding (they totaled 17 shots only 2 goals). Total turnovers for W&L was 8 which I can guarantee is a low without looking. Good to see Burns out there hard to tell from the webcast if he’s 100%, he certainly had a strong night tonight. Hopefully the Generals can take this win and build on it. Nice game by Elliot 😉
First W&L broadcast I’ve caught in some time. Great production, replays, and announcing. Well done.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

After watching several ODAC games both live and streamed. Also rewatching a few games. My opinion is W&L has the best overall defense and Lynchburg has the best overall offense. Should be a great ODAC tournament.
Hornetz2024

Post by Hornetz2024 »

ODACtionEmpire wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:27 am Tough weekend for my Tigers. Didn't get a chance to watch live thanks to my ex-wife being in town for court, but watched the DVR yesterday and boy was that a rough one. I've never seen a Rostan coached goalie drop his hands as much as Smith did - typically a tell-tale sign that there has been some hazing on Frat Circle... #38 for the Bugs had that entire defense in a blender. I called it back in the fall - Will Perry was like Mohammed for the Tigers, and he's been very hard to replace in these big games, including helping the offense score some goals. Credit to Lynchburg for shooting the ball really well (once again).

It's been a cold winter in Farmville. Heard this year's Longwood class of nursing students has been a bit of a drag, so the fellas have had to turn to the woods to find formal dates. Last time this happened was the 6-8 season in 2008 following that legendary '07 year. This group has to have a reality check this week before they make a run in the ODAC tourney. I like their chances if they match up with W&L again. They'll have a nice break after tomorrow's showdown with VaWes, thankfully that one's on the grass and not down on the beach.
Not sure what your source is about the Longwood nurses having a down year. I was present at the ODAC competition this weekend down in FarmVille, and the Hornets looked good. Vandenberg had a good game, although wouldn't put any of the blame on Peter Smith. Clearing was the problem for H-SC, I'm sure they will figure it out prior to next week's tourney. Being present at the game proved that H-SC crushes ass. Very nice grass stadium that is traditional, and the hill was loaded with smoke shows. The Tigers have probably been spending too much time over there with the Longwood ladies rather than running clearing drills. However, I'm confident those boys will be hungry running into the tournament. I'm predicting they will smoke Macon on their home field and then travel to Lexington and give Washington & Lee a good game, I believe they match up very well with the Generals. Game vs. VAWes tonight will give them a good opportunity to get some confidence going into the tourney.

Excited to have another opportunity against the Maroons in the tournament at home next week. Riley Mitchell has a big week in the books, working towards his degree in Elementary Education. Regardless expecting him to a have a good game against Roanoke. Kid loves Lynchburg so much he might end up teaching second graders in the local public school system!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

2laxers wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:18 pm After watching several ODAC games both live and streamed. Also rewatching a few games. My opinion is W&L has the best overall defense and Lynchburg has the best overall offense. Should be a great ODAC tournament.
I’d say that’s fair although Zingo Marindin Haldey will match up with anyone and Ulrich is much improved. I worry about size. Jack Elliot and Leif Smith are 6’3” 210 then Ott and Burns have size along with Cohen who will run over anyone..
We seem to have lost 6’3 Parker Sealy. Meadows and Ian McCarthy are tough as nails and Blanchard is relatively inexperience, then LSM Palma #44 @ 5’8” 175 and Mahoney @ 5’11”… These guys need to have their best games in the tourney.. Jack Smith had the game of his life last night and will be riding high with confidence.. Tough game vs. CNU to be bruised and battered

Offensively NOKE had success against SSDM not named Cohen.. I suspect LYN will press that matchup.
Should LYN meet up again they are very evenly matched. It will come down to clearing/riding and those 5 -7
plays I between the restraining lines that will determine the outcome..
Nothinbutthelax

Last night LYN up 14-1 with 4 left in 2nd Q. Total dismantling..2nd string coming in 3rd, 3rd string in 4th. Loved that coach K. stuck with them as Shenandoah won the 2nd half 10-1. Starter engaged on sidelines cheering 17 freshman and 16 sophomores on this team.. good experience and film for these younger guys. no padding stats. I like this team. They will roll Saturday.

Anyone care to take a stab at the tournament draw?
LAXDADGUILFORD

Post by LAXDADGUILFORD »

@BigFella... the daunted #41 Kammerman had a career game earlier this week. Can't believe I let this one slip by me, shame on me. 0-7!!! Are you kidding me? :?: :?: :?: Shoutout the Maroons though playing the Generals well while their 'best' player put up a stinker of a game. All love tho
Nothinbutthelax

Tuesday:
RMC visits HSC
Tomorrow’s winner visits NOKE-

Thursday
Winners visit W&L and LYN. (NOKE vs. LYN rematch will be a good one)
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

2024 All ODAC Teams as the first round games start tomorrow. Still a lot to be sorted/decided but what do you guys think?
Debate and rearrange !

Very top heavy view here but historically, that is how it shakes out...

2023 - the top 4 seeds had all but 9 of the selections on 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams (81.25 %)

Interested to see how they treat RMC, especially since they did not beat HSC/W&L/Lynchburg but still have some really talented guys.

Also, injuries have plagued the ODAC and it will be interesting to see where some guys who have battled injuries all season fall in here (thinking Burns and Mitchell)... the 1st team attack is going to be fascinating. We might have to leave two(!) 50+ goal scorers off the top group. Middies will be interesting as well, as it seems coaches value matchups more so than point scoring (who they are afraid of beating them coming out of the box). Finally, we still need to put 2 SSDM on each team! Lot of good ones (from Roanoke, W&L) being left off these lists due to a lack of available spots...you play with two in the game!

Let's discuss:

1st

A- Burns / W&L / Jr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Elliott / W&L / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Hammond / Roanoke / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th

2nd

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- Hastings / Lynchburg / So.
A- Whitlow / Roanoke / Sr.
A- Haley / W&L / So.

M- Mitchell / Lynchburg / 5th
M- Saunders / HSC / Sr.
M- Manino / W&L / Sr.
M- Evans / Roanoke / Sr.

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Williamson / Roanoke / Sr.
D- Heald / W&L / Sr.
D- Datz / W&L / So.

FO- Alexander / Bridgewater / Sr.
LSM- Kent / RMC / So.
SS- Weis / HSC / Jr.

G- Smith / HSC / Sr.

3rd

A- Schmidt / Lynchburg / So.
A- Docking / Roanoke / Sr.
A- Burke / HSC / Sr.
A- Clingerman / Shenandoah / Gr.

M- White / HSC / Jr.
M- McClelland / BWater / Sr.
M- Smith / W&L / Sr.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.

D- Addison / Bridgewater / Jr.
D- Steele / HSC / So.
D- Goodman / RMC /
D- Barringer / W&L /

FO- Brader / Roanoke / Fr.
LSM- Donahue / W&L / Fr.
SS- Meadows / Lynchburg / So.

G- De Cain / W&L / Fr.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Even at a low level that is a lot of work. Going to go through this list more closely. Only thing that on a quick review I thought stood out was Brown under Elliot at midfield. Brown may get the single season goal scoring record at W&L. He has over 50 goals and shoots at 57%. Can’t think of anyone w 50 plus goals shooting close to 60 %. Need to do some homework 😂
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am Even at a low level that is a lot of work. Going to go through this list more closely. Only thing that on a quick review I thought stood out was Brown under Elliot at midfield. Brown may get the single season goal scoring record at W&L. He has over 50 goals and shoots at 57%. Can’t think of anyone w 50 plus goals shooting close to 60 %. Need to do some homework 😂
Think Brown had close to 50 last year with 64% shooting - didn’t he? And to answer your question from earlier post, Denison had two 65 goal scorers in ‘17 with over 50% shooting Butler (53%) and Donohue (51%). Any way you cut it those are all very prodigious years.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Do they take into account only ODAC games when they do their voting?
valaxfan

Post by valaxfan »

camskidamski wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:17 am 2024 All ODAC Teams as the first round games start tomorrow. Still a lot to be sorted/decided but what do you guys think?
Debate and rearrange !

Very top heavy view here but historically, that is how it shakes out...

2023 - the top 4 seeds had all but 9 of the selections on 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams (81.25 %)

Interested to see how they treat RMC, especially since they did not beat HSC/W&L/Lynchburg but still have some really talented guys.

Also, injuries have plagued the ODAC and it will be interesting to see where some guys who have battled injuries all season fall in here (thinking Burns and Mitchell)... the 1st team attack is going to be fascinating. We might have to leave two(!) 50+ goal scorers off the top group. Middies will be interesting as well, as it seems coaches value matchups more so than point scoring (who they are afraid of beating them coming out of the box). Finally, we still need to put 2 SSDM on each team! Lot of good ones (from Roanoke, W&L) being left off these lists due to a lack of available spots...you play with two in the game!

Let's discuss:

1st

A- Burns / W&L / Jr.
A- L. Kammerman / Roanoke / Sr.
A- O'Brien / HSC / Sr.
A- Smith / RMC / Sr.

M- J. Kammerman / Roanoke / So.
M- Elliott / W&L / Jr.
M- Rust / Lynchburg / Sr.
M- Wolfe / Lynchburg / 5th

D- Hammond / Roanoke / So.
D- Harry / HSC / Sr.
D- Marindin / Lynchburg / 5th
D- Zingo / Lynchburg / Sr.

FO- Spano / W&L / Fr.
LSM- Kilfeather / HSC / Jr.
SS- Cohen / W&L / So.

G- Hadley / Lynchburg / 5th

2nd

A- Brown / W&L / Sr.
A- Hastings / Lynchburg / So.
A- Whitlow / Roanoke / Sr.
A- Haley / W&L / So.

M- Mitchell / Lynchburg / 5th
M- Saunders / HSC / Sr.
M- Manino / W&L / Sr.
M- Evans / Roanoke / Sr.

D- Allen / RMC / So.
D- Williamson / Roanoke / Sr.
D- Heald / W&L / Sr.
D- Datz / W&L / So.

FO- Alexander / Bridgewater / Sr.
LSM- Kent / RMC / So.
SS- Weis / HSC / Jr.

G- Smith / HSC / Sr.

3rd

A- Schmidt / Lynchburg / So.
A- Docking / Roanoke / Sr.
A- Burke / HSC / Sr.
A- Clingerman / Shenandoah / Gr.

M- White / HSC / Jr.
M- McClelland / BWater / Sr.
M- Smith / W&L / Sr.
M- Tankersley / RMC / Jr.

D- Addison / Bridgewater / Jr.
D- Steele / HSC / So.
D- Goodman / RMC /
D- Barringer / W&L /

FO- Brader / Roanoke / Fr.
LSM- Donahue / W&L / Fr.
SS- Meadows / Lynchburg / So.

G- De Cain / W&L / Fr.
Barringer, W&L, 3rd team, he has not played all year, injured.

valaxfan
Brokenstick

Post by Brokenstick »

Here are the ODAC top 5 FOGO’s by win percentage. While you could include other variables, win percentage is the most objective indicator by far. All these guys have taken 200+ FO’s over 16-17 games. Prob not possible to look at head to head because most teams use multiple guys. Looks like there could be some good FO battles in the coming yrs with 3 Freshman in the mix already.

1. Gabriel Alexander (BCE) .717 SR
2 Tyler Spano (WL) .655 FR
3 Will Robertson (RMC) .621 FR
4 Austin Galler (SHEN) .599 SR
5 Jake Brader (RC) .576 FR
Nothinbutthelax

Kraus win % against NOkE, RMC and Doah in head to head 55% +. Kraus will be 2nd or 3rd team..
Not part of voting but If re-match with W& L in final. He will not go 35%.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”