CLC 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Re: CLC 2024

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

Tactful Lax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:25 pm I am glad that you were not my lax dad. You are kind of a jerk.
Can’t say I understand why ppl said they wanted to have a beer with this guy. He’s what is wrong with the sport. An overconfident dad at the summer tournaments I’m sure. Surprised your kid kept playing and lord help him if any player reading your comments finds out his number
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

EasternShoreLaxGuy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:30 pm
Tactful Lax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:25 pm I am glad that you were not my lax dad. You are kind of a jerk.
Can’t say I understand why ppl said they wanted to have a beer with this guy. He’s what is wrong with the sport. An overconfident dad at the summer tournaments I’m sure. Surprised your kid kept playing and lord help him if any player reading your comments finds out his number
This is true, a real instigator. He has alienated many on this site. He called me asgot and accused me of having multiple handles. He is delusional. Also we don’t need to share who his kid is and wouldn’t dare saying who his kid. His poor kid has his hands full enough with this as a dad.
“ overconfident dad at the summer tournaments…” That is so true!!
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Beer offer was sarcasm, sorry,offer revoked LaxDad.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxrules wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:07 pm
This is true, a real instigator. He has alienated many on this site. He called me asgot and accused me of having multiple handles. He is delusional. Also we don’t need to share who his kid is and wouldn’t dare saying who his kid. His poor kid has his hands full enough with this as a dad.
“ overconfident dad at the summer tournaments…” That is so true!!
Sorry about that you seem a decent guy and well “ I’m not”
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Motorman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:14 pm
well my offer stands. #StandWithLaxdad

To be honest, I haven’t been around long enough to know for sure what happened first; You all identifying and trashing his kid, posting his bosses name etc, or him being abrasive. But that stuff you’re doing ain’t right, and it’s way worse than him simply disagreeing with you in a vocal way.
Backlax

Post by Backlax »

The comment was regarding SMCM - since they are not in the CLC I'm not sure who has the reading comprehension issue.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Backlax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:04 pm The comment was regarding SMCM - since they are not in the CLC I'm not sure who has the reading comprehension issue.
What? Show me the comment. All I said was the CLC is probably the 5 the best conference. Maybe 4th best.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

choochooCharlie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:22 pm
Motorman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:14 pm
well my offer stands. #StandWithLaxdad

To be honest, I haven’t been around long enough to know for sure what happened first; You all identifying and trashing his kid, posting his bosses name etc, or him being abrasive. But that stuff you’re doing ain’t right, and it’s way worse than him simply disagreeing with you in a vocal way.
👍
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I remember joining Laxpower after I graduated from Cabrini. I posted using my initials and college number MVP19. I was still pretty immature. A bunch of the regular posters ThatSmell, StewLaxDad, etc., they were basically the age I am now. The banter was always pretty fun. LaxDad seems like a good one IMO. He really just dropped into the NESCAC thread and stirred the pot with the young blue bloods around NJIT. Other than that, seems like he's just had some opinions people don't like. Nothing that historically deserved any action other than a retort. Absolutely no need to attack the guy personally. Not a good look.
SKUD

Post by SKUD »

Laxdad is a stand up Jersey guy!
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 am I remember joining Laxpower after I graduated from Cabrini. I posted using my initials and college number MVP19. I was still pretty immature. A bunch of the regular posters ThatSmell, StewLaxDad, etc., they were basically the age I am now. The banter was always pretty fun. LaxDad seems like a good one IMO. He really just dropped into the NESCAC thread and stirred the pot with the young blue bloods around NJIT. Other than that, seems like he's just had some opinions people don't like. Nothing that historically deserved any action other than a retort. Absolutely no need to attack the guy personally. Not a good look.
But therein lies the issue, "He really just dropped into the NESCAC thread and stirred the pot with the young blue bloods around NJIT"....he offered nothing constructive and then created a whole narrative about college athletes in general that was universally rejected, and not simply because he was knocking the NESCAC. So it's not just about differing opinions, its about being controversial for no reason whatsoever.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:50 am
Backlax wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:04 pm The comment was regarding SMCM - since they are not in the CLC I'm not sure who has the reading comprehension issue.
What? Show me the comment. All I said was the CLC is probably the 5 the best conference. Maybe 4th best.
I think that there is an argument for 5th best but like a lot of other conferences CLC is top-heavy with several mediocre teams after the top 2
the top 4 are generally deeper with more competition through the top 4-5 teams. The CLC is like many other conferences where you can pencil in the top 2 and the others play lots of very competitive games against each other. Lanmark is a solid example of the competitiveness of a conference but not a dominant team. NEWMAC has a very solid squad in Babson and their 5th-place team beat the 4th-place team in the CLC. However, I do find it an interesting flex to talk about your conference being 4th or 5th when your team provides zero impetus for that conclusion, Yes, Salisbury and CNU are very good teams but where would you be without them? Those 2 teams are carrying the water for your whole conference
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

Moving back to CLC games for first round. Who moves on? Kean, MSU, Stockton, UMW?
I’m going with UMW and Stockton.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am
MVPiccoli wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:47 am I remember joining Laxpower after I graduated from Cabrini. I posted using my initials and college number MVP19. I was still pretty immature. A bunch of the regular posters ThatSmell, StewLaxDad, etc., they were basically the age I am now. The banter was always pretty fun. LaxDad seems like a good one IMO. He really just dropped into the NESCAC thread and stirred the pot with the young blue bloods around NJIT. Other than that, seems like he's just had some opinions people don't like. Nothing that historically deserved any action other than a retort. Absolutely no need to attack the guy personally. Not a good look.
But therein lies the issue, "He really just dropped into the NESCAC thread and stirred the pot with the young blue bloods around NJIT"....he offered nothing constructive and then created a whole narrative about college athletes in general that was universally rejected, and not simply because he was knocking the NESCAC. So it's not just about differing opinions, its about being controversial for no reason whatsoever.
Not that my opinion matters but I see both sides of this debate about what is appropriate banter and what thread does it belong on …. in the end I find myself falling off the fence and landing on the side of MVP. So Laxdad rolled a stink bomb into the NESCAC thread - it either fizzles out or sets everyone’s hair on fire! Clearly it was the latter as it took what 15 pages for the fire to burn out? It was certainly entertaining as a non participant. If I’m not mistaken it was pre season when there was a lull in discussion topics, so in the end, what was the harm? If you don’t like it, don’t engage. Last year we had a very clear troll in the NCAC thread and once identified as such and was ignored for the most part - he fizzled out and happily disappeared. Laxdad is not a troll - you can disagree with what he says and he may get on peoples nerves but hey, this Forum is really just about entertainment and no one should take it too seriously. If it raises your blood pressure maybe it’s tine to take a break. Just read what you want - ignore what you don’t like and be respectful of each other and most importantly respectful to the kids by leaving them out of it. Learn to just breathe deep!

Now back to the mud slinging!
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

Nosey Ned wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:08 pm
Not that my opinion matters but I see both sides of this debate about what is appropriate banter and what thread does it belong on …. in the end I find myself falling off the fence and landing on the side of MVP. So Laxdad rolled a stink bomb into the NESCAC thread - it either fizzles out or sets everyone’s hair on fire! Clearly it was the latter as it took what 15 pages for the fire to burn out? It was certainly entertaining as a non participant. If I’m not mistaken it was pre season when there was a lull in discussion topics, so in the end, what was the harm? If you don’t like it, don’t engage. Last year we had a very clear troll in the NCAC thread and once identified as such and was ignored for the most part - he fizzled out and happily disappeared. Laxdad is not a troll - you can disagree with what he says and he may get on peoples nerves but hey, this Forum is really just about entertainment and no one should take it too seriously. If it raises your blood pressure maybe it’s tine to take a break. Just read what you want - ignore what you don’t like and be respectful of each other and most importantly respectful to the kids by leaving them out of it. Learn to just breathe deep!

I am all in for a good discussion, disagreement and lighthearted conversation, but Laxdad's comments and replies speak for themselves, and have been rejected in both this forum and the NESCAC forum, so I appreciate your opinion, but respectfully disagree, a lull in the discussion does not justify the false narratives and vitriol. Either way, happy to move on.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

I am all in for a good discussion, disagreement and lighthearted conversation, but Laxdad's comments and replies speak for themselves, and have been rejected in both this forum and the NESCAC forum, so I appreciate your opinion, but respectfully disagree, a lull in the discussion does not justify the false narratives and vitriol. Either way, happy to move on.
Not so fast…what false narratives and vitriol?
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

shorelax12 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm

I get it. All good. Like I said, I was on the fence and decided to land on one side but it wasn’t a clear cut choice. My comments weren’t meant to condone any specific language or behavior but rather a mile high observation. Admittedly it’s easier to dismiss bad behavior either way when you’re not in the fray.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Motorman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am Moving back to CLC games for first round. Who moves on? Kean, MSU, Stockton, UMW?
I think getting the 3 seed was a big deal this year as MSU has struggled while Stockton, Kean and UMW are all pretty even. UMW wins if they can win a few more faceoffs or make a few more saves. Kean is at home so I am going with them to win by a goal.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

Asgot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
Motorman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:08 am Moving back to CLC games for first round. Who moves on? Kean, MSU, Stockton, UMW?
I think getting the 3 seed was a big deal this year as MSU has struggled while Stockton, Kean and UMW are all pretty even. UMW wins if they can win a few more faceoffs or make a few more saves. Kean is at home so I am going with them to win by a goal.
They got the 3 seed last year and lost. Just sayin.

Kean should win by 3/4, if everybody is healthy. A lot of the kids had a stomach bug last Saturday.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 pm
Asgot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
They got the 3 seed last year and lost. Just sayin.

Kean should win by 3/4, if everybody is healthy. A lot of the kids had a stomach bug last Saturday.
Different opponent, if it was Kean and Stockton I may agree with you but Kean gets to host UMW

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”