NLL 2023-24 Thread

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
YYZLAX

NLL 2023-24 Thread

Post by YYZLAX »

Congrats to the Bandits for winning the 2023 League Cup. Sweet revenge I'm sure.

NLL Draft is on the 16th!

Here's a primer on some of the top ranked draft prospects,

https://www.nll.com/news/nll-entry-draf ... ects-2023/
DeepPocket

Re: NLL 2023-24 Thread

Post by DeepPocket »

League schedule dropped, with switch to league wide standings (no longer East / west standings). Big implications there if the league is regionally lopsided. No longer a factor. Best on best for playoffs. Love it.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

The NLL’s San Diego Seals have a 5 part Docu-series
premiering on Amazon Prime November 22

https://twitter.com/sealslax/status/172 ... 89391?s=46
LaxAllStars

Post by LaxAllStars »

NLL Season Preview with Teddy Jenner

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show ... LL-e2c6sa4
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Kieran McArdle leaving the NLL Albany Firewolves, and will likely now be a PLL exclusive player. Is this a sign of things to come from other “star” pro lacrosse players? More over, is this a sign of the relationship between the leagues?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

NLL players association has partnered with MetaVarsity for a fantasy platform. I’m pretty impressed with it. Runs similar to Upperdeck “e-cards” in opening randomized e-packs, but then you chose from them for your fantasy use.

https://platform.metavarsitysports.com/ ... IC02ZWW66W
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Any thoughts on the large amount of big name American players (and NLL staples) sitting out for this NLL season? Is this just a product of the last years tough stretch of 2023 NLL, PLL Champ Series, World Lacrosse, and PLL reg season wearing them down, or is this a sign of something larger brewing between the leagues?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Happy to see Schreiber back to play in the NLL. Wonder if we will see any other of the PLL names that were out for whatever their reasons come back. Knock the rust off and get prepped for summer, maybe?
relaxedfan

Post by relaxedfan »

Deep?
What American players are you talking about sitting out?
I think that anyone trying to play in all you mentioned would be pretty beat up but I'm also not sure how many American guys are good enough box players to play through all those series.
Not saying you're wrong, just curious if maybe if they aren't top players maybe the extra work on the field game is allowing more indoor focused players to pass them by.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

relaxedfan wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:00 pm Deep?
What American players are you talking about sitting out?
I think that anyone trying to play in all you mentioned would be pretty beat up but I'm also not sure how many American guys are good enough box players to play through all those series.
Not saying you're wrong, just curious if maybe if they aren't top players maybe the extra work on the field game is allowing more indoor focused players to pass them by.
Names like Rambo and McArdle come to mind, but I remember reading a few others too. I agree on being beat up, and hope that it’s just a product of last year’s taxing schedule, as I enjoy both products.

But now we’re seeing Dhane Smith and Jeff Teat sitting out the PLL season in favor of NLL / box opportunities. As both leagues try to grow and legitimize, it just got my thoughts going that there could be a “you have to choose” push coming in the future from either or both.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”