Washington College 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
the_fish_whist1er

Re: Washington College 2024

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

ChopMan23 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:18 pm What is up with how these games are streamed this year? Last few years it was a little more zoomed in. This year is a Birds Eye view and it seems to be very glitchy. Anyone else notice that ?
A new camera was installed before the season on top of the Skybox that tracks the movement on the field hence the reason why you see it pan often. Not a fan of it being utilized for games but a great asset to have for practice’s throughout the department.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Up 8-5 at half. Out scored 12-2 in the second half. Ouch.
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:08 pm Up 8-5 at half. Out scored 12-2 in the second half. Ouch.
One coach made adjustments at halftime, and one didn't. Speaks volumes.
westernbestern

Post by westernbestern »

veryoldgoose wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:57 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:08 pm Up 8-5 at half. Out scored 12-2 in the second half. Ouch.
One coach made adjustments at halftime, and one didn't. Speaks volumes.
Did you watch the game?

Muhlenberg scored 4 goals in about 60 seconds to end the 3rd quarter while WAC was up 9-7 I believe it was.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

The 2014 CC championship team is being honored Saturday for the Dickinson game. Hopefully some luck rubs off on the current team. Dickinson seems to have played down to their opponents all season and we usually give them a game. Be nice to shake things up after two tough loses.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

I'm still pulling for the Shoremen/Nostrant. Loss to the Mules stings. Having seen Eastern and Haverford against my dudes, they aren't world beaters but have some quality lurking on their respective rosters. Tough road ahead. I yearn for a proper revival of WOTS. Only attended one in person. It was a scene.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm I'm still pulling for the Shoremen/Nostrant. Loss to the Mules stings. Having seen Eastern and Haverford against my dudes, they aren't world beaters but have some quality lurking on their respective rosters. Tough road ahead. I yearn for a proper revival of WOTS. Only attended one in person. It was a scene.
Love your insight MVP. I was fortunate to be on the team for the 2019 Double OT game. It was quite possibly the best atmosphere I have been apart of. And I imagine that does not even compare to how it used to be, but it was still electric.

Nostrant success will only go as far as the school will allow, we will see. I know if it were completely up to him, things may be different. Rome wasn't built in a day. Many Haverford alum I know speak nothing but highly of him, and he is very honest and clear when speaking with alums. They are not losing to great teams, but not awful teams either. The game has grown so much especially in division 3. Getting talent to campus and working with admissions seems to be the biggest obstacle currently.

BTW, one person who steered me towards WAC during my recruiting process was no one other than a cav legend, Bobby Thorp. I used to work with him one on one in HS and he got me in the division 3 mindset during the recruiting process. Figured you would enjoy that!
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

ChopMan23 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:57 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:46 pm I'm still pulling for the Shoremen/Nostrant. Loss to the Mules stings. Having seen Eastern and Haverford against my dudes, they aren't world beaters but have some quality lurking on their respective rosters. Tough road ahead. I yearn for a proper revival of WOTS. Only attended one in person. It was a scene.
Love your insight MVP. I was fortunate to be on the team for the 2019 Double OT game. It was quite possibly the best atmosphere I have been apart of. And I imagine that does not even compare to how it used to be, but it was still electric.

Nostrant success will only go as far as the school will allow, we will see. I know if it were completely up to him, things may be different. Rome wasn't built in a day. Many Haverford alum I know speak nothing but highly of him, and he is very honest and clear when speaking with alums. They are not losing to great teams, but not awful teams either. The game has grown so much especially in division 3. Getting talent to campus and working with admissions seems to be the biggest obstacle currently.

BTW, one person who steered me towards WAC during my recruiting process was no one other than a cav legend, Bobby Thorp. I used to work with him one on one in HS and he got me in the division 3 mindset during the recruiting process. Figured you would enjoy that!
Feel all that. I was at the 2005 game, just bananas, and I was still part savage so I enjoyed all of it. Chestertown was frothing at the mouth.

I don't know Bobby personally, but followed his game from the hill. Kid was a dawg. One of the better attackman we've had. Very consistent, great decision making, fearless with the ball. Had some crafty finishes too. Very cool man, thanks for sharing!
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

Big day in Chestertown today with Admitted students day kicking off, Red Devils in town, and a night cap of country music star, Jake Owen performing on campus tonight. I feel good about the Sho'men today and hoping the could have a little barefoot blue jean night on the green after a big W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRh-vBOS-dU

Any big names hit campus back in the day?
head73

Post by head73 »

Crack The Sky count? NRBQ?
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:33 am Big day in Chestertown today with Admitted students day kicking off, Red Devils in town, and a night cap of country music star, Jake Owen performing on campus tonight. I feel good about the Sho'men today and hoping the could have a little barefoot blue jean night on the green after a big W.

Justin Timberlake!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:33 am Big day in Chestertown today with Admitted students day kicking off, Red Devils in town, and a night cap of country music star, Jake Owen performing on campus tonight. I feel good about the Sho'men today and hoping the could have a little barefoot blue jean night on the green after a big W.

OAR, Three Doors Down, Dashboard Confessional, The Roots, Counting Crows all in the early to mid 2000s
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

The shore are in the midst of quite the gauntlet to finish the season out. Dickinson has been in tight games all year and closed them out, but they hung tough with a top ten team last Saturday. I think if they keep it close with swat like they did with Dickinson, they have a good chance of closing it out, Swat is still young and I am not sold on them yet, maybe we catch them on a hangover from Saturday. Lets hope the nerds are more focused on their math tests tomorrow. Faceoffs will be important. Shoremen 12-9 in a huge upset.
dirtybird77

Post by dirtybird77 »

Call me crazy, call me an idiot, call me whatever you want. Shoremen take it tonight 13-9. While they continue to struggle at the X, they find a way to get stops and goals to neutralize SWAT FOGO room. WAC has been so close time and time again to knocking off a top 15 team and tonight is the night it finally gets put together and WAC gets back on track. It's all about getting hot at the right time, a win tonight gives the Shoremen momentum heading into the gauntlet they face ahead but I have faith.
D3LaxFan2

Post by D3LaxFan2 »

Swarthmore by 7-10. As faithful as you all are, WAC is simply not good.
EasternShoreLaxGuy

Post by EasternShoreLaxGuy »

dirtybird77 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:27 pm Call me crazy, call me an idiot, call me whatever you want. Shoremen take it tonight 13-9. While they continue to struggle at the X, they find a way to get stops and goals to neutralize SWAT FOGO room. WAC has been so close time and time again to knocking off a top 15 team and tonight is the night it finally gets put together and WAC gets back on track. It's all about getting hot at the right time, a win tonight gives the Shoremen momentum heading into the gauntlet they face ahead but I have faith.
Love the optimism going into wots
LILaxGuy08

Post by LILaxGuy08 »

Not winning anytime soon with 46% FO and 44% Save
oglaxgod420

Post by oglaxgod420 »

Oof
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Staring down the barrel of a 3-13 season.

I was fully in favor of the Nostrant hire. This seasons results have shifted my perspective. Rebuilds should not take this long, in this era. Period.

4-10 2022
8-9 2023
3-13 2024

The criticisms of Nostrant have been wide ranging. Aloof at practice. Too overtly political. Not involved enough in recruiting. Some of those assessments may be subjective and open for debate. The results on the field are not…

It is time for all the alums who supported Nostrant to take a long look in the mirror and figure out how we can fix this. Thad Moore certainly isn’t capable of fixing it.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:36 am Staring down the barrel of a 3-13 season.

I was fully in favor of the Nostrant hire. This seasons results have shifted my perspective. Rebuilds should not take this long, in this era. Period.

4-10 2022
8-9 2023
3-13 2024

The criticisms of Nostrant have been wide ranging. Aloof at practice. Too overtly political. Not involved enough in recruiting. Some of those assessments may be subjective and open for debate. The results on the field are not…

It is time for all the alums who supported Nostrant to take a long look in the mirror and figure out how we can fix this. Thad Moore certainly isn’t capable of fixing it.
That is tough to hear.

Unfortunately, I think Thad has ran this program into rock bottom (administration as well). For as long as he is at the helm, I am afraid it will be very tough to turn things around. He really let things get out of hand and has no idea what he is doing.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”