Fall Ball ‘23

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan23

Fall Ball ‘23

Post by Laxfan23 »

Seems like it is time to start a thread. Anyone or rather who has started? Any news? Any scheduled games? New coaches? Some former HC became assts(lehigh, manhattan). Some high profile assts became HC , and some asst coaches switched teams. Looking foreard to a “way too early, top 25”
Transfer portal additions? Wide open topic just looking forward to some comments on Fall Ball ‘23??
Lax904

Re: Fall Ball ‘23

Post by Lax904 »

North Carolina visits Jacksonville on Friday night, 10/20. Looking forward to it!
@Lax904
“Cradle to the Grave w Kerwick and Carnicelli”
Podcast- Lax Allstars
enterprise

Post by enterprise »

Also on October 20, Cornell will host Maryland in Ithaca. Time has yet to be determined.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

*** moved ***
Last edited by 10stone5 on Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coda

Post by coda »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:54 pm Since this looks like a catch-all,

2025s will be able to commit in a few more days,
here’s one recently graded out by IL who I’d expect to commit early on,

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... 652/536193
Little early Sept 1 is first date, outside the academies (7/1)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Here another list,

2025 recruits who NLF has cited,

https://nlfrankings.com/list/2025-players/
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:56 pm Here another list,

I love it that these kids are listed by club team rather than HS team...and I mean "love" as in I hate it.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Delaware hosting Georgetown October 29th, 1pm at The Tub.
lax13

Post by lax13 »

steel_hop wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:12 pm

I love it that these kids are listed by club team rather than HS team...and I mean "love" as in I hate it.
My son's club team had much more to do with his development as a player than his high school. Now, we are not in a "hot bed" area so it may be different, but HS lax was almost a detriment to his development. He would have been better off playing club year round.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

lax13 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:22 pm

My son's club team had much more to do with his development as a player than his high school. Now, we are not in a "hot bed" area so it may be different, but HS lax was almost a detriment to his development. He would have been better off playing club year round.
Up until high school, the same. But in highschool where I am (NJ), practices are basically February to June, 6 days a week, 2-3 hours per day. Just so much more instructional time than club.
coda

Post by coda »

I have had this discussion with people. They hate club and think it is money grab. They are in a hotbed area. I really can’t argue. Their town teams are pretty legit and they travel hours to tournaments to play against kids that are in their area. I am not in a hotbed area. Club serves a real purpose there. It maybe the only way to play on team with 10 people that can throw and catch.
lax13

Post by lax13 »

coda wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:02 pm

I have had this discussion with people. They hate club and think it is money grab. They are in a hotbed area. I really can’t argue. Their town teams are pretty legit and they travel hours to tournaments to play against kids that are in their area. I am not in a hotbed area. Club serves a real purpose there. It maybe the only way to play on team with 10 people that can throw and catch.
Exactly!
lax13

Post by lax13 »

PulpExposure wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:07 pm

Up until high school, the same. But in highschool where I am (NJ), practices are basically February to June, 6 days a week, 2-3 hours per day. Just so much more instructional time than club.
The biggest issue we have is coaching. Just not enough experienced coaches. The clubs have the guys who have played or coached in college. High school is a mixed bag.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

lax13 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:15 pm

The biggest issue we have is coaching. Just not enough experienced coaches. The clubs have the guys who have played or coached in college. High school is a mixed bag.
I don’t like it down south for the early years. They teach the wrong lessons in youth. Can see where it could be helpful for HS.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

lax13 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:15 pm

That's exactly it. I totally understand the point, and that's really unfortunate. Around here, the spring youth teams are a mixed bag because they're mostly volunteer dad coaches and the quality is highly variable. So my son developed much more during youth from his club experience and it was pretty notable (not only better coaching but also all the tournaments were against better talent so trial by fire and all...).

In high school that changes. For the most part the coaches have college or more experience; my son's high school head coach even played in the NLL. The club coaches were also very experienced, most being high school head coaches from highly successful programs with the others being active D1 college players. Pulled a lot of kids from Rutgers or kids who came back during the summer to NJ like he had Chris Fake as a coach one year for example. But as the club director put it, the amount of time he has with them in a fall/summer can't hold a candle to the time their coaches have with them in HS.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

People are misconstruing my statement about list club v. HS. It is merely a point that listing a HS will tell me where that kid is from. Listing a club can tell you nothing. As an example, we live in the DC area. There was club announcement of a kid committing to a college from this club's IG account and then listed the HS this kid played from. My first thought was "weird, I don't know where that HS is located in the area." I then looked it up and the kid played for the DC club but lived on LI.

I also get why IL lists it they way it does because it gives them some pull with club teams. I'd rather see HS, then club but it definitely should list both (or at least the kids home town.)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:23 pm People are misconstruing my statement about list club v. HS. It is merely a point that listing a HS will tell me where that kid is from. Listing a club can tell you nothing. As an example, we live in the DC area. There was club announcement of a kid committing to a college from this club's IG account and then listed the HS this kid played from. My first thought was "weird, I don't know where that HS is located in the area." I then looked it up and the kid played for the DC club but lived on LI.

I also get why IL lists it they way it does because it gives them some pull with club teams. I'd rather see HS, then club but it definitely should list both (or at least the kids home town.)
Yes club as identifier is a joke.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:23 pm People are misconstruing my statement about list club v. HS. It is merely a point that listing a HS will tell me where that kid is from. Listing a club can tell you nothing. As an example, we live in the DC area. There was club announcement of a kid committing to a college from this club's IG account and then listed the HS this kid played from. My first thought was "weird, I don't know where that HS is located in the area." I then looked it up and the kid played for the DC club but lived on LI.

Its so stupid, but NLF was formed specifically by a group of top clubs, so I can see why they would make that their focus.

That all being said, with the preps taking kids from all over, you really don't know where they're from anyways.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Princeton vs ND Oct 8th @Georgetown Prep
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:40 am Princeton vs ND Oct 8th @Georgetown Prep
Recruiting stop?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”