Impeachment of Joe Biden

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Impeachment of Joe Biden

Post by a fan »

"It’s long past time to impeach Joe Biden," Steube said in a statement. "He has undermined the integrity of his office, brought disrepute on the Presidency, betrayed his trust as President, and acted in a manner subversive of the rule of law and justice at the expense of America’s citizens."

Betting past Congressional Republicans are thinking "why didn't we think to do this when Obama was in office"?

Neat-o. Guess what this means, Working Class American Republicans? It means you're SO F'ed. 10 more years of Trumpism, at a minimum.

Excited for my coming tax breaks, and for these clowns to keep sending money to coastal elite liberals for at least another generation. Oh well. Maybe we'll get real conservatives back in to the Republican party when I'm retired.

Also? StockTip: go HEAVY into aluminum foil for the next decade, folks.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florid ... -joe-biden
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Impeachment of Joe Biden

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:08 pm "It’s long past time to impeach Joe Biden," Steube said in a statement. "He has undermined the integrity of his office, brought disrepute on the Presidency, betrayed his trust as President, and acted in a manner subversive of the rule of law and justice at the expense of America’s citizens."

Betting past Congressional Republicans are thinking "why didn't we think to do this when Obama was in office"?

Neat-o. Guess what this means, Working Class American Republicans? It means you're SO F'ed. 10 more years of Trumpism, at a minimum.

Excited for my coming tax breaks, and for these clowns to keep sending money to coastal elite liberals for at least another generation. Oh well. Maybe we'll get real conservatives back in to the Republican party when I'm retired.

Idiots.

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:08 pm "It’s long past time to impeach Joe Biden," Steube said in a statement. "He has undermined the integrity of his office, brought disrepute on the Presidency, betrayed his trust as President, and acted in a manner subversive of the rule of law and justice at the expense of America’s citizens."

Idiots.

Idiots.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:31 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:30 pm

Idiots.

Idiots.
You're being too kind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

As a D, my pipe dream is that the dotard scared puppy soon-to-be convicted felon gets the nomination and that the House impeaches Biden. Would go a long way towards Joe being reelected and the Ds getting control of the House and holding the Senate.

Just did a google search for "Trump scared puppy T-shirt." Nothing. Darn. Come on you American entrepreneurs. There's money to be made out there.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

''Idiots"

... Republicans
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

These rePUKEbliCONs will do anything to distract from the real issues that we have in the USA. They pretend racism doesn't exist, that Rump is the closest thing to a living messiah, and that Biden has done a lousy job. But for those of us who live in the world of reality, we know none of those right wing myths have any basis in reality.

All this talk of inflation, for example. The delusional kooks all say Biden caused inflation when it is a world wide phenomenon. In fact the USA has the 7th LOWEST inflation rate in the world: https://tradingeconomics.com/country-li ... ation-rate

Impeach Biden? Only delusional right wing loonies would even think of such a pipe dream.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

I have been out of the country for 3 weeks, is Joe still POTUS?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:40 pm As a D, my pipe dream is that the dotard scared puppy soon-to-be convicted felon gets the nomination and that the House impeaches Biden. Would go a long way towards Joe being reelected and the Ds getting control of the House and holding the Senate.

Just did a google search for "Trump scared puppy T-shirt." Nothing. Darn. Come on you American entrepreneurs. There's money to be made out there.
Unless trump wins the election. Then he pardons himself and the Vendetta against the Democrat party begins. Can't do much about the state charges in Georgia. Latitia James the NY AG will be the first to be led away in handcuffs with her mug shot on the front page. There has to be nothing but terror in the minds of some Democrats. You all started this scorched earth campaign against trump never realizing he might actually win in 2024. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie .
I just heard on the news this morning that Democrats are demanding trump be left off of the primary ballot in NYS. I understand the logic but the old sod hasn't been convicted of anything yet. It looks like NYS Democrats are not familiar with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I thought that concept was one of the foundations of our legal system? Has that been modified to mean if we think your guilty we will treat you like your guilty. I guess that outdated concept of equal justice under the law doesn't apply to all people suspected of wrong doing equally.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:37 am
njbill wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:40 pm As a D, my pipe dream is that the dotard scared puppy soon-to-be convicted felon gets the nomination and that the House impeaches Biden. Would go a long way towards Joe being reelected and the Ds getting control of the House and holding the Senate.

Unless trump wins the election. Then he pardons himself and the Vendetta against the Democrat party begins. Can't do much about the state charges in Georgia. Latitia James the NY AG will be the first to be led away in handcuffs with her mug shot on the front page. There has to be nothing but terror in the minds of some Democrats. You all started this scorched earth campaign against trump never realizing he might actually win in 2024. Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie .
I just heard on the news this morning that Democrats are demanding trump be left off of the primary ballot in NYS. I understand the logic but the old sod hasn't been convicted of anything yet. It looks like NYS Democrats are not familiar with the concept of innocent until proven guilty. I thought that concept was one of the foundations of our legal system? Has that been modified to mean if we think your guilty we will treat you like your guilty. I guess that outdated concept of equal justice under the law doesn't apply to all people suspected of wrong doing equally.
There are some legal opinions out there that a conviction is not necessary for removal from the ballot, but only a judicial determination that Trump was essentially an insurrectionist. But in reality it would be better for the country and the R party to just get creamed in the upcoming election so they might think about a true reset of their values.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:52 am

There are some legal opinions out there that a conviction is not necessary for removal from the ballot, but only a judicial determination that Trump was essentially an insurrectionist. But in reality it would be better for the country and the R party to just get creamed in the upcoming election so they might think about a true reset of their values.
I think that's right.
Gotta lose multiple times, preferably ignominiously, to break the cult fever.

That said, I'm worried that the media machine on the hard right has learned that there's a massive audience for fear, anger, and resentment and that there's an openness to extreme views, outrageous conspiracy theories, and outright, provable lies. The hard left media machine has dabbled in the same "if it bleeds it leads" lesson, but rarely crosses over to outright provable lies. And when it does, it challenges itself and corrects falsehoods.

That massive audience on the right doesn't need to be an actual majority of Americans, just a profitable large segment.

And the politicians have learned that the political reward system, money and votes, is available through exciting that audience...rather than on building a reputation for moderation, cooperation, and accomplishment. They have also learned that there's no cost on the right for a complete lack of integrity if there's a political gain to be achieved by declaration of obeisance.

Gonna be hard to shake.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I agree he should be on the ballot.

But there is ZERO chance for a "reset". They've been claiming that's coming, and that Trump is an aberration, for 7 years now.

Nope. And if Trump loses? He'll run again. He and what he's exposed in the Republican party isn't going anywhere. It's deepening. The party is gone.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

That is certainly a valid assessment but for reasons I understand yet can't grasp conceptually the trump wing of the party is adamant about their distain for the old school wing of the GOP. IMO they firmly believe the old school wing has been ineffective and subservient to the Democrats for decades. They may have a point given that 10s of millions of Republicans want to see a different version of the GOP. That process has taken the familiar tactic of bipartisanship out to the scrap heap.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:11 am

That is certainly a valid assessment but for reasons I understand yet can't grasp conceptually the trump wing of the party is adamant about their distain for the old school wing of the GOP. IMO they firmly believe the old school wing has been ineffective and subservient to the Democrats for decades. They may have a point given that 10s of millions of Republicans want to see a different version of the GOP. That process has taken the familiar tactic of bipartisanship out to the scrap heap.
hmmm, that subservience got them elected POTUS numerous times and periodically in control of legislative branches...

But yes, there's a big part of the country that has rallied around "MAGA" and Trump in full rejection of the messy business of constitutional democracy, the give and take of legislating, persuasion and compromise.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:10 am

But there is ZERO chance for a "reset". They've been claiming that's coming, and that Trump is an aberration, for 7 years now.

Nope. And if Trump loses? He'll run again. He and what he's exposed in the Republican party isn't going anywhere. It's deepening. The party is gone.
I don’t know, your kind of impatient like myself, but things take time. Trump was an outgrowth of resentment from the financial crisis, WW2 slowly bled over the world 10yrs after the Great Depression hit. Give it 3-5 more and let’s see what we have while protecting the sanctity of what is today.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88a wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:30 am I have been out of the country for 3 weeks, is Joe still POTUS?
Where’d ya go?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:45 pm

I don’t know, your kind of impatient like myself, but things take time. Trump was an outgrowth of resentment from the financial crisis,
Trump was an outgrowth of a lack of leadership in the R party to make the lives of their base better.

Can you name the last R bill that made the lives of their base better? Or have all their bills simply shoveled money at the coastal elite?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:45 pm

I don’t know, your kind of impatient like myself, but things take time. Trump was an outgrowth of resentment from the financial crisis,
Trump was an outgrowth of a lack of leadership in the R party to make the lives of their base better.

Can you name the last R bill that made the lives of their base better? Or have all their bills simply shoveled money at the coastal elite?
Stuff takes time. The lack of leadership goes both ways and this isn’t equivocating. The results out of things like ACA are far from determined but it’s a very mixed bag for the avg citizen. And the way everything is structured to have the costs explode in the programs long after these guys are entrenched in their seats is precisely the point - to have folks think they’ve succeeded and pull forward the personal benefit for themselves while putting tons and tons of back ended risk in the citizenry. They’re picking up nickels while the stream roller is down the street coming knowing they can throw society in front of them when the steamroller gets close and run off with the collection of change.

If your talking misguided effort sure but then we’re talking degrees not yes/no but in terms of efficacy we wouldn’t have the constant refrain from the left that “things would be better if we weren’t blocked by the right and they just got out of the way”-that’s neither effective or strong leadership.

If we’re talking efficacy then both are pretty much equally guilty over my lifetime.

Otherwise they die off such that we live in a one party system and you get Doc and Brooklyn’s view of the role implemented with punitive corrective measures that would make Draco blush. There may be some Madison cawthornes out there but they are reproducing wayyyy below the replacement rate within that cohort.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am Stuff takes time.
Agree, and that was my point: the board's Republicans were claiming Trump was a flash in the pan, and things would go back to normal in four years...and I and others laughed at them at the time. We're on year 9 now because Trump is their nominee for POTUS for a 3rd time. Trumpism is here to stay.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am The lack of leadership goes both ways and this isn’t equivocating. The results out of things like ACA are far from determined but it’s a very mixed bag for the avg citizen.
You and I both don't like the ACA for the reasons you listed and more. That said? Millions of working class poor have access to health care they didn't have before...so that's a huge win for them.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am If we’re talking efficacy then both are pretty much equally guilty over my lifetime.
Over our lifetimes? I agree that both parties stopped helping the working class aside from some band-aid efforts like the ACA or the Child Tax Credit.

That said? The R's stopped ENTIRELY two decades ago.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am Otherwise they die off such that we live in a one party system and you get Doc and Brooklyn’s view of the role implemented with punitive corrective measures that would make Draco blush.
I have ZERO interest in the Dems running the show. I share your disdain for that, too.

However, the reason I'm all over the R's is that they have stopped governing and managing entirely. We NEED them to operate in the tug of war as the Constitution envisioned, and that they USED to execute, and stop playing this petty "no" game they've been playing with the Dems for 20 years and counting. They need to WORK with the Dems, and get us better, moderate bills that help the American working class.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:38 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am Stuff takes time.
Agree, and that was my point: the board's Republicans were claiming Trump was a flash in the pan, and things would go back to normal in four years...and I and others laughed at them at the time. We're on year 9 now because Trump is their nominee for POTUS for a 3rd time. Trumpism is here to stay.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am The lack of leadership goes both ways and this isn’t equivocating. The results out of things like ACA are far from determined but it’s a very mixed bag for the avg citizen.
You and I both don't like the ACA for the reasons you listed and more. That said? Millions of working class poor have access to health care they didn't have before...so that's a huge win for them.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am If we’re talking efficacy then both are pretty much equally guilty over my lifetime.
Over our lifetimes? I agree that both parties stopped helping the working class aside from some band-aid efforts like the ACA or the Child Tax Credit.

That said? The R's stopped ENTIRELY two decades ago.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:22 am Otherwise they die off such that we live in a one party system and you get Doc and Brooklyn’s view of the role implemented with punitive corrective measures that would make Draco blush.
I have ZERO interest in the Dems running the show. I share your disdain for that, too.

However, the reason I'm all over the R's is that they have stopped governing and managing entirely. We NEED them to operate in the tug of war as the Constitution envisioned, and that they USED to execute, and stop playing this petty "no" game they've been playing with the Dems for 20 years and counting. They need to WORK with the Dems, and get us better, moderate bills that help the American working class.
By working with the Dems are you referring to how RR worked with Tip O'Neil? If memory serves me correct you weren't exactly enamored with that relationship? When Democrats and Republicans actually work together they tend to spend a lot of taxpayer money often referred to as pork spending. FTR what is a " moderate bill" that almost sounds like an oxymoron to me? I never thought bills were specifically crafted to be moderate. I've always been under the impression that legislation was crafted to benefit the American people. ;)

Return to “POLITICS”