ISL Lacrosse

HS Boys Lacrosse
MA Lax Fan

Re: ISL Lacrosse

Post by MA Lax Fan »

I believe there are some scrimmages between ISL and MIAA at start of the season. I know NeedHam vs Sebs happened 3-4 years ago and Medfield vs Milton and RL happened last year.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 8144884737

Interesting that Jack Wood from Govs is no longer with Syracuse after fall ball. Not even taking into regard the cultural fit, showing up as a freshman for a traditional power can be pretty sobering unless you're a can't miss prospect, and if you don't see a path to playing time until you're a junior (without factoring in potential recruits coming in behind you) then it's better not to burn any eligibility. Hope he finds a good fit. Smooth player who definitely can contribute to a program.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

National Lacrosse Federation had its big fall club tournament last weekend. Some ISL kids mentioned as standouts.

2021s: Trey Brown (Belmont Hill), CJ Monturio & Quinn McConnaughey (Thayer), Bobby O'Grady (Roxbury Latin), Max Ewald (BB&N) https://nationallacrossefederation.com/ ... standouts/

2022s: Aidan Maguire & Jack Rideout (St. Seb's), Aidan O'Neil (Tabor) https://nationallacrossefederation.com/ ... standouts/

Also, according to Ty Xanders JJ Lewandowski, who starred at St. Mark's before finishing at IMG is entering the transfer portral and leaving Cuse like Jack Wood of Govs. https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 3521257472
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Fall All-ISL teams have been released. Here are the lacrosse players who were honored for their contributions.

Football - honorable mentions not listed on the site

All-ISL 6 (Division for the stronger programs)
Grant Litchfield, Junior, Belmont Hill
Cam Reirden, Junior, Belmont Hill (Looks like he’s done an internal reclass at BH as he was a junior last year)
Shane O’Leary, Senior, Govs
Kristian Rosario, Senior, St. Seb’s

All-ISL 10
Matt Costantino, Senior, Brooks
Caleb Coleman, Senior, Groton (POY for ISL 9)
Anthony Romano, Junior, Groton
Wilson Thors, Junior, Groton
Drew Kendall, Junior, Nobles
Abe Dekin, Senior, Rivers

Soccer

Honorable Mention
Jack Pappendick, Soph, BB&N
Cole Van Meter, Junior, Nobles
Peter Frates, Junior, Roxbury Latin
Brendan Gibbons, Junior, St. Mark’s

Cross Country

All-ISL
Javi Werner, Junior, Roxbury Latin
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

“internal reclass”?
Damn that sounds expensive....
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

BH has a couple of them, and to the point you've made a few times before, they were already standouts in their class in football and lacrosse before they repeated. Gonna be a very "mature" squad for them this spring and next.
laxbro92

Post by laxbro92 »

Thanks for sharing. I would have thought there would be more boys on the list. Note that you missed the following boys:

Football
- Cole Nye, Senior, Middlesex (All ISL)

Cross Country
- Mac Hadden, Junior, Middlesex (All ISL)
- Matt Wing, Freshman, Middlesex (Honorable Mention)
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Thanks for that. I had Cole Nye in the post when I was drafting it, but must have deleted by accident. Huge get for Middlebury. No doubt that he has legit D1 talent in lacrosse.

There would be many more if the ISL website included the honorable mention list for football. For instance I saw on Twitter that both Peyton O'Leary and Gardner Cousins from Govs, Teddy Daniel and Nick Vallace from Seb's, and Jere Rose from RL all made honorable mention. But tracking down the other 13 schools is a bridge too far even for me.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Second-year Thayer coach Ben Rubeor was just named the new head coach for the of Atlas Lacrosse Club in the PLL. Ben's resume was pretty much already unparalleled among those working in MA high school lacrosse, and now it's gone up another level. Excited for a possible year two jump for Thayer this season as they were very young last season and have three junior D1 commits.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”