D1 Womens Lacrosse
watcherinthewoods

Re: Florida State

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:07 pm
hmmm wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:16 pm
Relax77 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:26 pm
flushlax77 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:19 pm Can we at least get if its a head coach or assistant coach ha ha ha!
head coach of current top 25 team.
Well there goes Mike. So now I say Jana
Not sure what top 25 teams being referred to, but based on preseason rankings:

1. Northwestern - No Way
2. Boston College - There were rumors of her moving on last year but can't see it being to FSU
3. North Carolina - No Way
4. Denver - Not out of the question but highly doubtful
5. Syracuse - No Way
6. Maryland - No Way
7. Notre Dame - Unlikely
8. James Madison - Highly Unlikely
9. Loyola - No Way
10. Stony Brook - Highly Unlikely
11. Johns Hopkins - No Way
12. Florida - Doubt she would want to start over at a new program at her age
13. Army - Possibility but doubtful
14. Penn State - See Florida
15. Penn - No way
16. USC - Has inquired on jobs back east in the past
17. Michigan - Highly Unlikely
18. UMass - Agree Jana is a possibility
19. Princeton - No Way
20. Virginia - No Way

Also considered (alphabetical order):
Clemson - No Way
Duke - See Florida and PSU response
Navy - See Florida and PSU and Duke response
UConn - Katie a possibility too
Don't think it's any of the legacy coaches. Legacy meaning a coach who's been in the same program for 10+ years. It' really difficult to pry them away from their current schools for a variety of reasons. It's Tumolo
There is little or no possibility that this stays under wraps until May. The lacrosse community is WAY too small; it's a matter of time until it's common knowledge.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Just going on record. Laxdadmax sucks. 😁
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

flushlax77 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:19 pm Can we at least get if its a head coach or assistant coach ha ha ha!

1. Northwestern - No Way
2. Boston College - There were rumors of her moving on last year but can't see it being to FSU
5. Syracuse - No Way
6. Maryland - No Way
7. Notre Dame - Unlikely
9. Loyola - No Way
15. Penn - No way
19. Princeton - No Way
20. Virginia - No Way

Clemson - No Way
Don't think it's any of the legacy coaches. Legacy meaning a coach who's been in the same program for 10+ years. It' really difficult to pry them away from their current schools for a variety of reasons. It's Tumolo
Sorry, Tumolo is not leaving for FSU. I have NO inside knowledge but if she didn't take OSU or UVA, there is NO chance she's taking FSU where the admin support is suspect to begin with.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

NULax2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:35 pm

1. Northwestern - No Way
5. Syracuse - No Way
6. Maryland - No Way
7. Notre Dame - Unlikely
9. Loyola - No Way
15. Penn - No way
19. Princeton - No Way
20. Virginia - No Way

Clemson - No Way
Sorry, Tumolo is not leaving for FSU. I have NO inside knowledge but if she didn't take OSU or UVA, there is NO chance she's taking FSU where the admin support is suspect to begin with.
Plus her wife is there. Think she was just hired at Army
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:37 pm
Plus her wife is there. Think she was just hired.
Ahhhh, well that's something else and a big sacrifice.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

1. Northwestern - No Way
5. Syracuse - No Way
6. Maryland - No Way
7. Notre Dame - Unlikely
9. Loyola - No Way
15. Penn - No way
19. Princeton - No Way
20. Virginia - No Way

Clemson - No Way
Yeah...spouses move all the time when the other half gets a new job. I don't think Michelle would answer with, "So no thanks, my wife just got a job at West Point too so we really don't want to disrupt that." :lol:
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

intheknow247 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:09 am

1. Northwestern - No Way
5. Syracuse - No Way
6. Maryland - No Way
7. Notre Dame - Unlikely
9. Loyola - No Way
15. Penn - No way
19. Princeton - No Way
20. Virginia - No Way

Clemson - No Way
Yeah...spouses move all the time when the other half gets a new job. I don't think Michelle would answer with, "So no thanks, my wife just got a job at West Point too so we really don't want to disrupt that." :lol:
I'm sure they totally prefer the weather in NY over that of Florida. lol
25and32LaxDad

Post by 25and32LaxDad »

Safe to assume the new FSU coach will try to convince some of the '25 commits to de-commit from her current school and travel with the new coach to FSU?
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

25and32LaxDad wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:34 pm Safe to assume the new FSU coach will try to convince some of the '25 commits to de-commit from her current school and travel with the new coach to FSU?
I would imagine some of her commits. But depending on what school she is from, some may not go. It supposedly is a top 20 school.

I wonder how it works recommitting anyway. I know Chepenik did it with Oregon and she had to change again because of scholarship $ from Clemson. So here’s a question.
Your daughter is verbally committed to a school and decides to decommit. Then what? I guess you Email all the coaches again and say hey I’m available, it didn’t work out for X reason. I would think all of the money for the 2025s would have been spent already unless it is a new team like FSU. Looks like if it isn’t a new school you would be in a similar issue as Chepenik going somewhere in a 1 yr scholarship to renegotiate.

Does anyone know the process of this and how hard would it be for a kid to decommit her Senior high school year and catch on with a team?
Laxfan212

Post by Laxfan212 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 pm
25and32LaxDad wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:34 pm Safe to assume the new FSU coach will try to convince some of the '25 commits to de-commit from her current school and travel with the new coach to FSU?
I would imagine some of her commits. But depending on what school she is from, some may not go. It supposedly is a top 20 school.

I wonder how it works recommitting anyway. I know Chepenik did it with Oregon and she had to change again because of scholarship $ from Clemson. So here’s a question.
Your daughter is verbally committed to a school and decides to decommit. Then what? I guess you Email all the coaches again and say hey I’m available, it didn’t work out for X reason. I would think all of the money for the 2025s would have been spent already unless it is a new team like FSU. Looks like if it isn’t a new school you would be in a similar issue as Chepenik going somewhere in a 1 yr scholarship to renegotiate.

Does anyone know the process of this and how hard would it be for a kid to decommit her Senior high school year and catch on with a team?
Usually kids don’t decommit until they have something new lined up to replace it - unless they really don’t want to go to the original school, whether they find a new option or not. Usually some back door conversations with the club coach and college coach leads to more, then they decommit and commit to the other school.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Laxfan212 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:31 pm
LaxGnome22 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Usually kids don’t decommit until they have something new lined up to replace it - unless they really don’t want to go to the original school, whether they find a new option or not. Usually some back door conversations with the club coach and college coach leads to more, then they decommit and commit to the other school.
If you haven't signed a LOI, you can leave right away.

Even if you have, most schools will release you if the coach leaves. (The new coach will want scholarship $$ freed up to bring in his/her own recruits).
LaxNJ71

Post by LaxNJ71 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:47 pm Just learned through the grapevine that FSU just decided on a coach.

Nothing will be officially announced until the new coach's current season is done in May, but I imagine it will leak before then. All I will say is impressive hire, all things considered. Not a wow coach, but a current top 25 coach with a decent track record.
Alright we’ve been patient enough. I’m ready for LaxDadMax to come back and spill the beans or at least give us another clue.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

LaxNJ71 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:44 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:47 pm Just learned through the grapevine that FSU just decided on a coach.

Nothing will be officially announced until the new coach's current season is done in May, but I imagine it will leak before then. All I will say is impressive hire, all things considered. Not a wow coach, but a current top 25 coach with a decent track record.
Alright we’ve been patient enough. I’m ready for LaxDadMax to come back and spill the beans or at least give us another clue.
I know right. Come on? The worst thing anybody has ever done on this board and that’s saying a lot.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:38 pm

I know right. Come on? The worst thing anybody has ever done on this board and that’s saying a lot.
So you are saying Florida State has hired a coach, but this coach is coaching the entire upcoming season at their current school? And this coach expects their current players to not find out? And they will continue recruiting for their current school despite the fact they won't be back?

Color me skeptical. Sounds like typical lax gossip.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:48 pm

So you are saying Florida State has hired a coach, but this coach is coaching the entire upcoming season at their current school? And this coach expects their current players to not find out? And they will continue recruiting for their current school despite the fact they won't be back?

I agree. It sounds like someone is just stirring the pot. It would definitely be strange for that coach to think news like that would be able to be kept tight for a whole season.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Only way it’s plausible is if the new head coach is currently an assistant coach somewhere. I could maybe see that. But there isn’t an athletic Director in the country that would allow their current division one head coach to have an agreement in place to coach somewhere else next year, and still be the head coach of their division one program this entire year.
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Most schools aren't doing much recruiting Feb-May.

No idea what is happening here, but most coaching contracts do not require getting permission to interview elsewhere if you are in the last year of contract.

Agree that you can't sign a contract now, but a current coach can interview to his/her heart's delight.
laxlady07

Post by laxlady07 »

Deacon022 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:26 pm

I agree. It sounds like someone is just stirring the pot. It would definitely be strange for that coach to think news like that would be able to be kept tight for a whole season.
I was going to apply for this job... waste of time now? :lol: The job posting is still listed online. I'm not an NCAA coach but have a good resume
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/199995 ... h-lacrosse

Reposted it today. Either don’t have anyone yet or want to make it official looking as season winds down.
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:02 pm https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/199995 ... h-lacrosse

Reposted it today. Either don’t have anyone yet or want to make it official looking as season winds down.
Sitting here at the end of another draining day at work the thought of applying for this is a fun, sort of like that movie where John Goodman somehow became the king of England.

I'm a nerd Engineer that only knows about the sport because my daughter plays, maybe I could sell the stats/math angle and tell them I'll "money-ball" women's lax???

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”