Florida State

D1 Womens Lacrosse
NattyBohChamps04

Florida State

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Women's lax club is demanding FSU add wlax (or another sport) to make FSU Title IX compliant?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 508793007/

I think there was some money being thrown their way by the old club coach like 15 years ago to take the men's and women's program varsity, but it petered out.

It will be interesting to keep tabs on this.
Relax77

Re: Florida State

Post by Relax77 »

Have a feeling every school especially down south will start doing this.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Grow the game ! But i believe if FSU gets a team, Miami is most certainly to follow and this will be the death nail for Florida as top 15 program. Jacksonville was already poaching talent away, USF will do the same and FSU will be the big vaccum that comes to clean up the crumbs and Florida will be left bone dry. The wasted years coming back to bite them.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Not sure where I read it but I did see that Miami and Georgia were the next two to get a team. That ball has been rolling. Although it was just rumours of people who "are in the know."
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

Relax77 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:34 pm Not sure where I read it but I did see that Miami and Georgia were the next two to get a team. That ball has been rolling. Although it was just rumours of people who "are in the know."
If Georgia adds a team they will be a popular landing spot for many future players. I see them taking a path similar to Clemson. USF will be a top program in short order. Despite a late start on the 2023 class they were able get some solid commits who have played at a high level. They will have a full year to practice together before starting in 2025. And their new football/women’s lacrosse stadium will be a big draw.
Last edited by RollTheCrease on Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Y’all know that FSU had more on their mind right now than adding women’s lax, right?
user1020

Post by user1020 »

RollTheCrease wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:32 am
Relax77 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:34 pm Not sure where I read it but I did see that Miami and Georgia were the next two to get a team. That ball has been rolling. Although it was just rumours of people who "are in the know."
If Georgia adds a team they will be a popular landing spot for many future players. I see them taking a path similar to Clemson. USF will be a top program in short order. Despite a late start on the 2023 class they were able get some solid commits who have played at a high level. They will have a full year to practice together before starting in 2025. And their new football/women’s lacrosse stadium will be a big draw.
Miami, Georgia, FSU all hurt USF. USF right now is the new big fun school in Florida, but as soon as 1 of those other 3 schools forms a women’s lax team they are stealing the top recruits from USF.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

user1020 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:52 am
RollTheCrease wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:32 am
Miami, Georgia, FSU all hurt USF. USF right now is the new big fun school in Florida, but as soon as 1 of those other 3 schools forms a women’s lax team they are stealing the top recruits from USF.
Adding additional D1 FL schools will only attract more top recruits to the state. Especially being aligned with the ACC and AAC right now. A lot will depend on the shake up of the conferences moving forward, but right now I’m sold on the potential of UGA being a big time lacrosse program. I believe they already have a competitive club program. The commitment USF has made to athletics and the new football/wlax stadium will be a big draw. Hats off to the wlax coach for making sure her program will be a big part of what that stadium will become.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:37 am Y’all know that FSU had more on their mind right now than adding women’s lax, right?
+1
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

UGA needs to start a program and hire Sam Appuzo as HC!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:37 am Y’all know that FSU had more on their mind right now than adding women’s lax, right?
evidently not.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i fo sho don't understand a club team's members making a push for varsity status, putting them largely out of a vocation, but que sera.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:52 pm
i fo sho don't understand a club team's members making a push for varsity status, putting them largely out of a vocation, but que sera.
Most of the girls will be graduated by then. Maybe they’ll keep the underclassmen. Have a feeling they will be getting the Clemson treatment. Transfers up the ass
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Relax77 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:52 pm
Most of the girls will be graduated by then. Maybe they’ll keep the underclassmen. Have a feeling they will be getting the Clemson treatment. Transfers up the ass
the leader of the movement is a 2nd year grad student.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

We all kind of suspected this was comming but good to have official confirmation. IMO FSU has all the resources, more so than even Clemson to be major player right away.

The days of Florida being a contender are all but over with this addition.

Gonna be a long line of long island kids headed there
lacrosselaxin20

Post by lacrosselaxin20 »

Any guesses on a head coach ?
UO22

Post by UO22 »

lacrosselaxin20 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:15 pm Any guesses on a head coach ?
I would call Michelle Tumolo asap.
UO22

Post by UO22 »

Kleizaster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:05 pm We all kind of suspected this was comming but good to have official confirmation. IMO FSU has all the resources, more so than even Clemson to be major player right away.

If academics are part of the equation - Florida > FSU and Clemson by a long shot Great to see another power 5 program adding women's lax.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

UO22 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:10 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:05 pm We all kind of suspected this was comming but good to have official confirmation. IMO FSU has all the resources, more so than even Clemson to be major player right away.

If academics are part of the equation - Florida > FSU and Clemson by a long shot Great to see another power 5 program adding women's lax.
Not gonna be about academics. FSU is gonna blow up right outta the gate like Clemson. Usf just lost its luster and they haven’t even started yet.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”