UNC 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
QuestionMark

Re: UNC 2024

Post by QuestionMark »

You may want to take Shay's temperature. I would.
thegman

Post by thegman »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 pmMadalon
I'm not shoveling dirt on JB but this would be my guy. Tigers had no business making the NCAAT last year with the injuries they had, but got it done.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Given the current field, and UNC’s win over Penn and Duke (coupled against High Point loss) does anyone see a path of UNC getting into NCAA’s?

https://pro.lacrossereference.com/rpi-d ... ifospeivmd
Finster

Post by Finster »

NCC wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:33 am Given the current field, and UNC’s win over Penn and Duke (coupled against High Point loss) does anyone see a path of UNC getting into NCAA’s?

https://pro.lacrossereference.com/rpi-d ... ifospeivmd

No
Laxfan23

Post by Laxfan23 »

UNC’s problem (as many teams have is one on of inconsistency). Initially they relied too much on a great player(duffy). When he got hurt and could not play, they had to coalesce and played three great halves against two teams then ranked #1 and #2 (ND and Duke.
UNC fans can be extremely proud of the team’s effort in their last game when they shocked everyone with their upset of Duke.
Had they made the ACC tournament and miraculously won two against two teams who would have been ranked in the top 10 if not top five then yes they would have had a legitimate shot at an at large bid with 2-3 top five wins and one goal losses to army and Syracuse. They would have been 9-7 with 4-5 very high quality wins against tournament teams.
The likelihood of that happening is pretty remote admittedly but the team was never given the direction by the inexplicable game management when they had to win by five and apparently were unaware….will never know but i am still waiting for the coaching staff to accept responsibility or at least provide an explanation of their second half strategy during the Duke game last week. Some solace in the hope and belief that the arrow is pointing up for UNC next year….i am left rooting for the four ACC teams that all will likely make the NCAATournament
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

Nick Dupuis (Stony Brook) has announced he is transferring to UNC. Grad Attack with 16 goals and 50 assists this year. McGovern replacement?

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/17 ... 6681944351
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm Nick Dupuis (Stony Brook) has announced he is transferring to UNC. Grad Attack with 16 goals and 50 assists this year. McGovern replacement?

Played at UMBC and Stony Brook.
America East ROTY and 1st team all conference. Played 2.5 years at UMBC.

Transferred to Stony Brook and sat out in 2023. 2024 he has 15G's and 50A's. Had 1 and 1 against the Heels this year. Good pick up, Heels need a feeder.
random observer

Post by random observer »

thegman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:46 pmMadalon
I'm not shoveling dirt on JB but this would be my guy. Tigers had no business making the NCAAT last year with the injuries they had, but got it done.
Doubt it would have much relevance at this point, but Madalon's brother was a starting keeper for the Tar Heels so there is at least a marginal family connection which couldn't hurt.
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Madalon made it to the NCAA championship in 2022. Won the Ivy tourney this year. Consistently pulling top talent. And Princeton is ranked the #1 school academically. I don't see him leaving there anytime soon.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Coaching talent routinely flows out of the Ivies: Petro, Starsia, Tillman, Tambroni, Tierney, Tiffany, Milliman.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:38 pm Nick Dupuis (Stony Brook) has announced he is transferring to UNC. Grad Attack with 16 goals and 50 assists this year. McGovern replacement?

He is good player . My point what Towson is working with this weekend . Nice player. Needs to work on his
Footwork. Best of luck
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

Still can’t fathom that Breschi decided to fire Metzbower. It is interesting the social media posts from his former players at UNC too. He is a legend.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

JerrysWorld wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:17 am Still can’t fathom that Breschi decided to fire Metzbower. It is interesting the social media posts from his former players at UNC too. He is a legend.
Total scapegoat for Breschi’s ineptitude. Metzbower is killing it at Denver. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them in Philly in a couple weeks.
Finster

Post by Finster »

After such a bad year at Chapel Hill, the Heels look set to catapult a bunch of teams that have been beating them.

Now Michael Gianforcaro is on his way to Carolina. Feel bad for Goode who was poised to take over next year.

But a huge pickup for Carolina.

Time for your 2025 thread.
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

Finster wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 am After such a bad year at Chapel Hill, the Heels look set to catapult a bunch of teams that have been beating them.

Now Michael Gianforcaro is on his way to Carolina. Feel bad for Goode who was poised to take over next year.

But a huge pickup for Carolina.

Time for your 2025 thread.
About time we compete again.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Not fair to lay at the feet of the coaches the 5 goal differential needed to get to the ACC tourney…..the ESPN announcers noted the figure was changing during the course of the game - 7…..3…..8?…..and finally 5…..thinking that it would be more unsettling to the players to provide the changing numbers ….
Laxfan016

Post by Laxfan016 »

2025 Heel will be a top-ten team: I'm booking it right now. They will make big moves in the transfer portal and Duffy and Dom having a full year under them will only make them more deadly with chemistry. Also, I think this makes Matan move back to his natural position as that third attackmen and hopefully recreate what he did his freshman year. I think the Defense will be fine with Barton healthy, Thorman, ROPE unit, GIO coming to Chapel hill. But the only question marks I have is who will be the 3rd cover guy and can this midfield be able to produce. Teams like DUKE, ND, UVA losing so much talent from graduation, this is time for UNC to climb by to the top of the ACC
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

why are people talking about a new coach for next season when Breschi is coming back?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Counselor wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:44 pm Not fair to lay at the feet of the coaches the 5 goal differential needed to get to the ACC tourney…..the ESPN announcers noted the figure was changing during the course of the game - 7…..3…..8?…..and finally 5…..thinking that it would be more unsettling to the players to provide the changing numbers ….
If the announcers said this, they were wrong. IL had an article with the correct scenario on Friday before the game:
If Virginia loses and North Carolina wins, Duke, UVA and UNC are in a three-way tie at 1-3. The first tiebreaker is winning percentage vs. the top team (Notre Dame), and they’ve all lost to them. Then it goes to No. 2 team (Syracuse), and they’ve all lost to them. Then it goes to goal differential in head-to-head results among the group, capped at plus- or minus-5. That’s currently at Duke (plus-5), Virginia (0), UNC (minus-5). If it came to this scenario, North Carolina would have to beat Duke by at least five goals. If that goal differential was tied, it would move to differential in overall conference games.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... down/63191
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Laxfan016 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:12 pm 2025 Heel will be a top-ten team: I'm booking it right now. They will make big moves in the transfer portal and Duffy and Dom having a full year under them will only make them more deadly with chemistry. Also, I think this makes Matan move back to his natural position as that third attackmen and hopefully recreate what he did his freshman year. I think the Defense will be fine with Barton healthy, Thorman, ROPE unit, GIO coming to Chapel hill. But the only question marks I have is who will be the 3rd cover guy and can this midfield be able to produce. Teams like DUKE, ND, UVA losing so much talent from graduation, this is time for UNC to climb by to the top of the ACC
Did we ever figure out the severity of Duffy's injury?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”