UNC 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
coda

Re: UNC 2024

Post by coda »

Finster wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm
gunnerz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm Looking at the 2024 bracketology topic on this web site obviously UNC is nowhere to be found on any current "prediction."

Facing Army Saturday, with Army coming off its first loss and seeking to get back on track is going to be a tough one for UNC.

After losing to Hopkins by four at home UNC followed with a six-goal loss at home to Princeton.

This has been a strange year; I can see UNC surprising. Not favored, but it certainly wouldn’t shock me to see them come out on top.
getting to that time of the year where certain teams are in a must win situation. Odd to say with the ACC schedule coming, but this one feels like UNC needs to win to have any chance at the post-season.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

coda wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm
gunnerz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm Looking at the 2024 bracketology topic on this web site obviously UNC is nowhere to be found on any current "prediction."

Facing Army Saturday, with Army coming off its first loss and seeking to get back on track is going to be a tough one for UNC.

After losing to Hopkins by four at home UNC followed with a six-goal loss at home to Princeton.

This has been a strange year; I can see UNC surprising. Not favored, but it certainly wouldn’t shock me to see them come out on top.
getting to that time of the year where certain teams are in a must win situation. Odd to say with the ACC schedule coming, but this one feels like UNC needs to win to have any chance at the post-season.
Agreed but Army really needs this game as well. The Patriot isn't exactly having a big year (though Gate and BU are both looking good) so another loss year and they probably need the AQ to get in as Rutgers isn't going to be any sort of a good win and the rest of their OOC was pretty bleak.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

JeremyCuse wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Agreed but Army really needs this game as well. The Patriot isn't exactly having a big year (though Gate and BU are both looking good) so another loss year and they probably need the AQ to get in as Rutgers isn't going to be any sort of a good win and the rest of their OOC was pretty bleak.
Navy dismantled Hopkins...Army, Navy, BU & 'Gate are solid, albeit the rest of the PL is struggling
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

Navy dismantled Hopkins...Army, Navy, BU & 'Gate are solid, albeit the rest of the PL is struggling
Navy was also annihilated by Towson and Penn State and just recently was doubled up by Nova 14-7. Beating Hop was great for them but seems more like a fluke win in a rivalry game.
CloutierPoutine

Post by CloutierPoutine »

Zero chance Breschi is fired after this year. He was just given an extension and I imagine communicated to all parties this is nothing but a rebuilding year. Granted we have been rebuilding since Will Perry and company but I choose to ignore that! He can also easily sell future recruiting classes. Same results next year? Then we can talk firing.

Also good job everyone beating the inefficiency horse dead. We all know the freshmen are inefficient. You also know that those numbers do not tell the whole story. Duffy has the keys to the offense and everyone is content with him playing as free as he wants. The midfield does not create a damn thing so it is imperative Duffy puts pressure on the defense. It will improve. Our 2 best offensive players are freshmen. Let them play as such.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm Zero chance Breschi is fired after this year. He was just given an extension and I imagine communicated to all parties this is nothing but a rebuilding year. Granted we have been rebuilding since Will Perry and company but I choose to ignore that! He can also easily sell future recruiting classes.
Well, the school sells itself. Not sure what Breschi has to sell, but a big NIL purse has made him effective for now. Most top players prefer to win? It won't be easy to retain top players unless he shows real progress
JerrysWorld

Post by JerrysWorld »

I am still baffled over the decision for Coach Breschi to get rid of Metzbower. Either the AD said you need to make staff changes (which isn't a good sign) or it was Breschi's decision (which isn't a good sign either). My understanding was the kids on the UNC roster loved Metz.
thegman

Post by thegman »

Game tomorrow in Chapel Hill is nearing a sellout. Not sure I remember being at a game in the last few yrs when it was even close. Hoping that means big energy from the crowd which motivates the Heels, because I think they do need this one for any chances at the post-season.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

thegman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

Game tomorrow in Chapel Hill is nearing a sellout. Not sure I remember being at a game in the last few yrs when it was even close. Hoping that means big energy from the crowd which motivates the Heels, because I think they do need this one for any chances at the post-season.
If your UNC it's a massive game because it gives you a solid OOC win and set's you up for a difficult in conference schedule that starts with UVA next week. Army and Syracuse are probably the two biggest games left on UNC's schedule.
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

"Game tomorrow in Chapel Hill is nearing a sellout. Not sure I remember being at a game in the last few yrs when it was even close. Hoping that means big energy from the crowd which motivates the Heels, because I think they do need this one for any chances at the post-season."

Don't know where you're getting your info but looking for tickets online shows plenty available:

https://goheels.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom ... eId=ev_unc
CloutierPoutine

gunnerz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 pm "Game tomorrow in Chapel Hill is nearing a sellout. Not sure I remember being at a game in the last few yrs when it was even close. Hoping that means big energy from the crowd which motivates the Heels, because I think they do need this one for any chances at the post-season."

Don't know where you're getting your info but looking for tickets online shows plenty available:

5/10 ticketed sections are sold out. The remaining 5 have a "low" amount of tickets remaining. The rest is general Admission so tough to quantify how much room that leaves. Sounds like nearing a sellout to me. Bet you are real fun at parties.
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 pm
gunnerz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:25 pm "Game tomorrow in Chapel Hill is nearing a sellout. Not sure I remember being at a game in the last few yrs when it was even close. Hoping that means big energy from the crowd which motivates the Heels, because I think they do need this one for any chances at the post-season."

5/10 ticketed sections are sold out. The remaining 5 have a "low" amount of tickets remaining. The rest is general Admission so tough to quantify how much room that leaves. Sounds like nearing a sellout to me. Bet you are real fun at parties.
You're a funny guy. Just looking at the facts. People read your post and don't show up to the game because they don't think they can get tickets. FYI, I've been to every UNC home game.
CloutierPoutine

gunnerz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:40 pm

You're a funny guy. Just looking at the facts. People read your post and don't show up to the game because they don't think they can get tickets. FYI, I've been to every UNC home game.
Misinterpreted your post as another UNC hater on the UNC board. Thank you for attending the games and see you there!
Laxfan23

Post by Laxfan23 »

Heard rumor that USArmy bought 2000 or so tickets to give to nearby Fort Bragg Soldiers. Rumor has it that this may be an “away game” atmosphere for hometeam UNC. We need every UNC fan available to attend!
thegman

Post by thegman »

A UNC player's parent gave me a heads up on the tix situation. Glad to know you're a fan, our family is too and we'll be there tomorrow
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

CloutierPoutine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Misinterpreted your post as another UNC hater on the UNC board. Thank you for attending the games and see you there!
Are there any anti UNC posts? Point them out……..Other than rah rah posts from you, some posters are questioning whether Breschi can get it done which any neutral observer would consider a fair topic after 16 years. Maybe he gets hot starting with Army and Virginia. Otherwise, his back is against the wall.
JustR3Lax

Post by JustR3Lax »

All Heels All Day let’s go
coda

Post by coda »

blue angels wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 pm
CloutierPoutine wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 pm

Are there any anti UNC posts? Point them out……..Other than rah rah posts from you, some posters are questioning whether Breschi can get it done which any neutral observer would consider a fair topic after 16 years. Maybe he gets hot starting with Army and Virginia. Otherwise, his back is against the wall.
It’s the new sad form of arguing on the internet. If you don’t like something it’s because someone is a hater or a troll. It doesn’t matter if the post was factual or not.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Tough loss to Army today.

I think it is conceivable that UNC may lose to UVA, Syracuse, Notre Dame, and Duke. The only quality win so far is Penn.

If they finish 6-8, is Breschi's job secure?
gunnerz

Post by gunnerz »

Quint on tv game says it looks like everone in the ACC will make NCAA, except Carolina. Couldn't hold lead
again.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”