Help with Helmet and Sizing

Lacrosse Rules and Equipment
BennoMc85

Help with Helmet and Sizing

Post by BennoMc85 »

Hi all, many thanks in advance to anyone whom can help me with this annoying but funny predicament.

I live in the UK and I’m about to start playing for a local team. I’ve been a fan of Lacrosse most of my twenties and thirties ever since living in NYC (2006-2008), and played for a time whilst out there. I also love Football (NFL) and used to play contact both here and in NYC from the age of 19 up until recently, were at 37 (38 next month) flag football, appeals to me more, anyway I’m digressing.

My question to you all, relates to helmets.

I have been scouring now for nearly 2 solid weeks trying to find a helmet that will undoubtedly come under the XL sizing (when I played contact football I wore Ridell XL helmets). The problem I am having is finding a helmet that will fit my rather large head 🙈 using all the size guides I can find, I believe my head circumference is 25” (64cm) and seemingly puts me out of most helmet ranges, at least the ones I can see for sale over here.

I have been advised to purchase the Cascade XRS Pro by my local distributor, but I just wondered if anyone else is in, or has found themself in similar predicaments and can recommend a helmet(s) other than the Cascade XRS Pro, literally any and all helmets that anyone can think of that will fit this dome of mine will be greatly appreciated, if it is the case that I have to go with the XRS Pro, so be it, but just thought I would reach out and see if anyone else could recommend any other helmets, based on the size of my head 😬 I have today had someone also recommend the Warrior Burn FYI.

Thanks again in advance to all who offer any advice/guidance.

Ben
BennoMc85

Re: Help with Helmet and Sizing

Post by BennoMc85 »

Hi all, managed to source a helmet that fit….. just 🙈 Warrior Burn (L) it literally just fits, the chap who sold me it, couldn’t believe his eyes, definitely the biggest head he’s seen 🤣😂🤣

Return to “LACROSSE RULES AND EQUIPMENT”