2024 Schedules

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Yeti_33

2024 Schedules

Post by Yeti_33 »

Let's get it started. I'm sure these are subject to change but might as well share since they're public.

Keystone College - https://www.gokcgiants.com/sports/mens- ... e/schedule
Shenandoah University - https://suhornets.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
University of Mary Washington - https://umweagles.com/sports/mlax/2023-24/schedule
Wittenberg University - https://www.wittenbergtigers.com/sports ... 4/schedule
InsiderRoll

Re: 2024 Schedules

Post by InsiderRoll »

Hearing that the line up for the Mustang classic has been shaken up a little. Here’s what I’ve heard.

In: Tufts, W&L, TBD NESCAC, Stevenson, RIT, CNU

Out: Bates, ?, ?

Can anyone help fill this in.

Day 1:
CNU vs ?
Tufts vs NESCAC
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs ?

Day 2:
NESCAC vs ?
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs ?

St. Lawrence, York, Dickinson, F&M, and Lynchburg were all there last year. I think only 2 of them will be in it in 2023 unless they expand to 10 teams.
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

Yeti_33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:39 pm Let's get it started. I'm sure these are subject to change but might as well share since they're public.

Keystone College - https://www.gokcgiants.com/sports/mens- ... e/schedule
Shenandoah University - https://suhornets.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
University of Mary Washington - https://umweagles.com/sports/mlax/2023-24/schedule
Wittenberg University - https://www.wittenbergtigers.com/sports ... 4/schedule
Heidelberg University
https://bergathletics.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:56 pm Hearing that the line up for the Mustang classic has been shaken up a little. Here’s what I’ve heard.

Day 1:
CNU vs ?
Tufts vs NESCAC
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs ?

Day 2:
NESCAC vs ?
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs ?

St. Lawrence, York, Dickinson, F&M, and Lynchburg were all there last year. I think only 2 of them will be in it in 2023 unless they expand to 10 teams.
Amherst was there as well last year, it will be interesting to see who else is there as I believe F&M and York have been pretty consistent in being there and they are both pretty close. But with Dickinson being a possible too 5 team if you add them that would make for a serious two day showcase of the best of division 3
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

InsiderRoll wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:56 pm Hearing that the line up for the Mustang classic has been shaken up a little. Here’s what I’ve heard.

Day 1:
CNU vs ?
Tufts vs NESCAC
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs ?

Day 2:
NESCAC vs ?
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs ?

Lynchburg and Hamilton are 2 of them not sure on the last team.
BigMoose9

Post by BigMoose9 »

2laxers wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:54 am

Day 1:
CNU vs ?
Tufts vs NESCAC
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs ?

Day 2:
NESCAC vs ?
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs ?

I heard Dickinson will be in attendance again this year. I am not certain but also heard they may be having an elite 8 rematch against CNU on the first day.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

BigMoose9 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:10 am
2laxers wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:54 am

Day 1:
CNU vs ?
Tufts vs NESCAC
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs ?

Day 2:
NESCAC vs ?
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs ?

I heard Dickinson will be in attendance again this year. I am not certain but also heard they may be having an elite 8 rematch against CNU on the first day.
With that information it looks like the matchups are

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
Hamilton vs Lynchburg
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs Dickinson
Tactful Lax

Post by Tactful Lax »

I'm surprised that Washington and Lee is paired with CNU. They always play during the regular season.
laxfanatic

Post by laxfanatic »

The Mustang Classic is one of the best events to happen in Lacrosse. I'm disappointed that Salisbury doesn't play in this event. Anyone have any idea why? Its a shame that the division 1 teams cant come up with a similar tournament.
I will give the Stevenson staff kudos for always putting on a first class event, always with top talent
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

laxfanatic wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:13 pm The Mustang Classic is one of the best events to happen in Lacrosse. I'm disappointed that Salisbury doesn't play in this event. Anyone have any idea why? Its a shame that the division 1 teams cant come up with a similar tournament.
I will give the Stevenson staff kudos for always putting on a first class event, always with top talent
Salisbury will never support Stevenson.

There have been many D1 events, albeit not to the same degree of size. City Classic, stuff in California etc.

Most of these D1 teams have no interest in a neutral site game if a significant portion of the costs aren’t covered by a promoter. That means a TV contract would need to be secured to offset the costs. Think about $20k/team. Then they need to come up with a ticket and marketing strategy to make sure they don’t take a bath financially. Who do you know that wants that financial risk for college lacrosse?

Stevenson has it set up great. Provides event experience for students. d3 Coaches are happy for any kind of media coverage. Teams pay all their own expenses. It’s a homerun all around.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Tactful Lax wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:54 am I'm surprised that Washington and Lee is paired with CNU. They always play during the regular season.
Guessing that this was a way for both to make the game work with their schedules.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

So based on the subsequent comments this is what we’re likely looking at. Order of games is completely unknown except Stevenson at night

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
Hamilton/Lynchburg vs Dickinson
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs Hamilton/Dickinson
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 pm
laxfanatic wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:13 pm The Mustang Classic is one of the best events to happen in Lacrosse. I'm disappointed that Salisbury doesn't play in this event. Anyone have any idea why? Its a shame that the division 1 teams cant come up with a similar tournament.
Salisbury will never support Stevenson.

There have been many D1 events, albeit not to the same degree of size. City Classic, stuff in California etc.

Most of these D1 teams have no interest in a neutral site game if a significant portion of the costs aren’t covered by a promoter. That means a TV contract would need to be secured to offset the costs. Think about $20k/team. Then they need to come up with a ticket and marketing strategy to make sure they don’t take a bath financially. Who do you know that wants that financial risk for college lacrosse?

Stevenson has it set up great. Provides event experience for students. d3 Coaches are happy for any kind of media coverage. Teams pay all their own expenses. It’s a homerun all around.
Cantabene made his bed eh? My distain for all things Villa Julie aside. They do put on a hell of a tournament.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Just my guess, but I believe it originally had a lot to do with Coach Berkman and his preference of only playing teams in his region to help with postseason seedings/rankings. Most of his out-of-conference games (prior to recent seasons) have been focused on "southern" teams, with the occasional team from out west (OWU or Denison).

Looking at who typically comes, 3 of last year's 8 were already included in Salisbury's schedule. Stevenson, Lynchburg, and CNU. As much as I would like for them to participate, I'm not sure it's a priority for them. It's a bummer because it is such a great tournament and despite the play-by-play announcer who rocks a soul patch and is pretty corny, it really is some great coverage and just a fantastic weekend for lacrosse.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:36 pm So based on the subsequent comments this is what we’re likely looking at. Order of games is completely unknown except Stevenson at night

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Lynchburg is playing Hamilton
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

2laxers wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:14 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:36 pm So based on the subsequent comments this is what we’re likely looking at. Order of games is completely unknown except Stevenson at night

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Alright then here you go. Took a shot at a possible order for the games. Typically teams don’t move by more than one time slot from day to day to minimize advantages due to rest.

Day 1:
RIT vs W&L
Tufts vs Hamilton
CNU vs Dickinson
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
Tufts vs RIT
W&L vs CNU
Hamilton Vs Lynchburg
Stevenson vs Dickinson
Knowitall

Post by Knowitall »

10 teams…..Add SLU and York…
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:42 pm

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Alright then here you go. Took a shot at a possible order for the games. Typically teams don’t move by more than one time slot from day to day to minimize advantages due to rest.

Day 1:
RIT vs W&L
Tufts vs Hamilton
CNU vs Dickinson
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
Tufts vs RIT
W&L vs CNU
Hamilton Vs Lynchburg
Stevenson vs Dickinson
I would have hoped all of the games would be North Vs South since they are harder to arrange during the regular season.

Tufts vs Hamilton, Tufts vs RIT, CNU vs W&L, and Stevenson vs Dickinson all seem like they could be played during the regular season.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

JPAtlantic wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:34 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:42 pm

Day 1:
CNU vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
RIT vs W&L
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
W&L vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT

Day 1:
RIT vs W&L
Tufts vs Hamilton
CNU vs Dickinson
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Day 2:
Tufts vs RIT
W&L vs CNU
Hamilton Vs Lynchburg
Stevenson vs Dickinson
I would have hoped all of the games would be North Vs South since they are harder to arrange during the regular season.

Tufts vs Hamilton, Tufts vs RIT, CNU vs W&L, and Stevenson vs Dickinson all seem like they could be played during the regular season.
I think these teams come to the table with particular opponents. Sometimes a school may say hey we normally play W&L on that Wednesday. We can get them to come to the mustang and move that date. scheduling is more complicated than just dreaming up fan favorite scenarios.

But there are some unique matchups, but of a homer here but I am excited to see W&L play RIT.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Mustang Classic is ten teams, would love to see Salisbury there but that is not likely.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”