Long Island 2024

HS Boys Lacrosse
LI13

Re: Long Island 2024

Post by LI13 »

EI 14 WI 7

Any score from Bayport and Smithtown West? Big game in D2.
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

FYI: According to Section 11 website Northport at BayShore has been moved to 12:30 from 10am today. That's good; rain should be out of here by then.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 am EI 14 WI 7

Was looking for it but don’t see it reported anywhere. Decent test for Northport today.

Aside from the Woodstick and Northoprt, there are a few interesting games today with St Anthony’s continuing their CT public school tour against Darien…curious to see how that Blue Wave team stacks up after the licking they gave Manhasset
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:53 am
LI13 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:53 am EI 14 WI 7

Was looking for it but don’t see it reported anywhere. Decent test for Northport today.

Aside from the Woodstick and Northoprt, there are a few interesting games today with St Anthony’s continuing their CT public school tour against Darien…curious to see how that Blue Wave team stacks up after the licking they gave Manhasset
We have struggled at Bay Shore in the past. Usually a close game.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

They played Connetquot very close, although an ugly loss to HHH mixed in there
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

I haven't seen Northport yet, but I witnessed solid wins for Bay Shore against Sachem North and Smithtown East. Bay Shore is a scrappy group, with some young players stepping up. They need to be competitive at the face-off x in order to have a chance for an upset. As always, I look forward to being entertained.
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

Looks like BBP beat SW 10-7.

Also:
SWR 10 KP 9
Wantagh 12 CSH 7
SS 14 Somers 9

Also, not NY, but slightly eye opening:

Westfield 9 Delby 7
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Northport beats Bay Shore 9-3
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

St.Anthony’s 9
Darien 5
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Connetquot got dusted by Floyd today 14-9 after losing Friday by a goal to Longwood. Something going on there.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Kismet wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 pm Connetquot got dusted by Floyd today 14-9 after losing Friday by a goal to Longwood. Something going on there.
Do they have kids suspended or something?
LI13

Post by LI13 »

GC 7, Manhasset 2 final.

Manhasset just doesn't have much in the way of offensive firepower. Kids played hard and Im was great but they couldn't create anything.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

LI13 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:44 pm GC 7, Manhasset 2 final.

Manhasset just doesn't have much in the way of offensive firepower. Kids played hard and Im was great but they couldn't create anything.
Agreed, they just couldn’t possess the ball much or break down the defense. Credit to GC which has their own excellent defense

Murf: you mentioned how many alumni live in GC and send their kids there….is there a connection with either Berkery or Krause on the current team to the legends of the past? I imagine with Berkery for sure
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

They could have played all night and never have gotten closer. A little taste of what it was like last year for teams against the Indians. Hard to win without the ball and when you get it nobody can beat their man
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Because you guys enjoyed this I went back and added most Patriot League schools and the better Big East programs and did Chaminade also

St. Anthony's:

Brennan O’Neill (Duke) - Bay Shore
Andrew McAdorey (Duke) – Floyd
Jake Naso (Duke) – Sachem North
Aiden Danenza (Duke) – Jericho
Owen Duffy (UNC) – Westhampton
Cole Aasheim (UNC) – Oyster Bay
Jack Walshe (UVA) – Commack
Danny Parker (ND) – Mt. Sinai
Jalen Seymour (ND) – Hills
Jake Bonomi (ND) – Northport
Michael Leo (Cuse) – Seaford
Luke Martin (Hopkins) – Hills
Max McCarthy (Hopkins) – Huntington
Kevin Kearns (Michigan) – Wantagh
Patrick Carragher (PSU) – Bellmore-Merrick
Joe Calandrino (PSU) – Massapequa
Jaeden Jenkins (PSU) – Hills
Jack Speidell (Harvard) – Ward Melville
Jackson Greene (Harvard) – CSH
Greg Campisi (Harvard) – Farmingdale
Jaden Jernigan (Harvard) – Elmont
Dylan D’Agostino (Army) – Kings Park?
Bobby Kittelberger (Navy) – Wantagh
Joe Houlihan (Loyola) – Bay Shore
Patrick Tuohy (Lehigh) – CSH
Kevin Barrett (BU) – Kings Park

Chaminade:

Charles Balsamo (Duke) – Manhasset
Vincent Fowler (Duke) – Wantagh
Reilly Gray (ND) – Long Beach
Michael Lynch (ND) – Huntington
Christian Alacqua (ND) – Manhasset
Will Lynch (ND) – South Side
Liam Entenmann (ND) – Long Beach
Pat Kavanagh (ND) – South Side
Chris Kavanagh (ND) – South Side (PG at Taft but graduated Chaminade)
Alex Zepf (ND) – Mineola
Phillip Verdi (Hopkins) – Oyster Bay
Tyler Sandoval (Princeton) – Garden City
Justin McMahon (Penn) – South Side
Kevin Kuttin (Yale) – Smithtown East
Machado Rodriguez (Yale) – South Fork
Tommy Rogan (Dartmouth) – Bellmore-Merrick
Johnny Devino (Army) – Malverne
Ryan Landolphi (Navy) – Manhasset
Matt Byrnes (Navy) – Wantagh
Jack Flahrety (Navy) – Massapequa
Aiden Lough (Navy) – Oyster Bay
Owen Murphy (Lehigh) – South Side
Ben Caccavo (BU) – Port Washington
Roy Meyer (BU) – Long Beach
James Corcoran (BU) – Long Beach
James Ball (Georgetown) – Garden City
Garrett FitzSimmons (Villanova) – Garden City
Last edited by LI13 on Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paumanok516

Post by Paumanok516 »

Very cool read, thanks for posting, LI. Interesting how more many Nassau kids go to St.A’s than Suffolk kids go to Chaminade (except for the madman that commuted from Southampton).
Also, I’ll be damned if I can get a read on Nassau A. I know F’dale lost Ippoliti, but I was hoping they’d be able to repeat in Nassau, at least. But the results are a mess thus far with Port beating Pequa, Pequa beating Syo, Syo taking F’dale to OT (not to mention Pequa beating Wantagh and then Wantagh crushing F’dale). Someone earlier had said the Daler’s window might’ve closed last year and I fear that might be true.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

Paumanok516 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Very cool read, thanks for posting, LI. Interesting how more many Nassau kids go to St.A’s than Suffolk kids go to Chaminade (except for the madman that commuted from Southampton).
Also, I’ll be damned if I can get a read on Nassau A. I know F’dale lost Ippoliti, but I was hoping they’d be able to repeat in Nassau, at least. But the results are a mess thus far with Port beating Pequa, Pequa beating Syo, Syo taking F’dale to OT (not to mention Pequa beating Wantagh and then Wantagh crushing F’dale). Someone earlier had said the Daler’s window might’ve closed last year and I fear that might be true.
Nassau A you might as well spin the wheel of destiny and just pick someone. It feels like that so many years. The top four are typically very close.
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

South side 13 Carey 4
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm

Agreed, they just couldn’t possess the ball much or break down the defense. Credit to GC which has their own excellent defense

Murf: you mentioned how many alumni live in GC and send their kids there….is there a connection with either Berkery or Krause on the current team to the legends of the past? I imagine with Berkery for sure
The Berkery twins from a few years back,spent a year at Chaminade then came back. Their dad was NOT a Chaminade Alum. Andy Kraus's twins never went to Chaminade nor did Andy or his brothers.As the "years dwindle down to a precious few", I can't remember many others. Your question has aroused my curiosity. Gonna take a deep dive.

Two decades ago, there were 12 MHS kids and 13 GC kids on the Chaminade roster. Looking at the latest US News & World Report ranking 18,000 High Schools, GC ranked 176 and MHS 177. I imagine parents may be questioning the cost of a private school vs attending a "neighborhood school" that's perceived to be a good one.

Be well kr. Good luck the rest of the season.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Paumanok516 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm Very cool read, thanks for posting, LI. Interesting how more many Nassau kids go to St.A’s than Suffolk kids go to Chaminade (except for the madman that commuted from Southampton).
Southampton? That's one hell of a commute! Helicopters involved? I was surprised to see how many Chaminade kids live in Pt. Lookout. Lots of Garden City people move to Pt. Lookout and don't view Long Beach H.S. as a viable alternative.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”