2023 New Jersey playoffs

HS Girls Lacrosse
njbill

2023 New Jersey playoffs

Post by njbill »

The NJ Group titles were decided on Friday and Saturday. All games were at Hunterdon Central High School.

Group 4: Ridgewood 18 Kingsway 13
Group 3: Chatham 12 Shawnee 8
Group 2: Summit 13 Haddonfield 4
Group 1: Rumson Fair Haven 17 Mountain Lakes 8
Non-Public A: Oak Knoll 11 Pingry 8
Non-Public B: Montclair Kimberley 14 Holy Spirit 8

Let's play "what if." What if Jersey still had a TOC.

The seeds would be as follows:

1. Summit
2. Chatham
3. Oak Knoll
4. Ridgewood
5. Rumson Fair Haven
6. Monclair Kimberley

Quarters:

Montclair Kimberley at Oak Knoll (Oak Knoll in a romp).
Rumson Fair Haven at Ridgewood (Ridgewood wins a somewhat close game).

Semis:

Now things get interesting and is why the TOC was a great event.

Oak Knoll at Chatham. OKS beat Chatham at Chatham 9-8 on May 25. I'd pick Oak Knoll again in a tight game.
Ridgewood at Summit. Summit beat Ridgewood 16-8 in the first game of the season on April 4. I'd go with Summit again though I think the score would be much closer.

Finals:

Oak Knoll vs. Summit (neutral site). The schools are in the same town, a mile apart. Oak Knoll’s best player is a Summit resident. The teams are huge rivals. They now have the biggest rivalry in New Jersey. They met for the TOC title in 2015 (Oak Knoll) and 2022 (Summit). If they played this year, I'd pick Summit, which I think has been the best team in the state from start to finish. But, in truth, any of the four semifinalists could have won the TOC this year.

The NJ boys are having an informal TOC. There was discussion of having one for the girls, but it never got far enough off the ground. Maybe next year. Let's hope.

NJ's no. 1 team was scheduled to play what I understand is NY's top team, Bayport Blue Point, at the Gains for Brains. Really too bad that event got rained out. BTW, what is rain?
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2023 New Jersey playoffs

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am The NJ Group titles were decided on Friday and Saturday. All games were at Hunterdon Central High School.

1. Summit
2. Chatham
3. Oak Knoll
4. Ridgewood
5. Rumson Fair Haven
6. Monclair Kimberley

Quarters:

Semis:

Oak Knoll at Chatham. OKS beat Chatham at Chatham 9-8 on May 25. I'd pick Oak Knoll again in a tight game.
Ridgewood at Summit. Summit beat Ridgewood 16-8 in the first game of the season on April 4. I'd go with Summit again though I think the score would be much closer.

Finals:

Oak Knoll vs. Summit (neutral site). The schools are in the same town, a mile apart. Oak Knoll’s best player is a Summit resident. The teams are huge rivals. They now have the biggest rivalry in New Jersey. They met for the TOC title in 2015 (Oak Knoll) and 2022 (Summit). If they played this year, I'd pick Summit, which I think has been the best team in the state from start to finish. But, in truth, any of the four semifinalists could have won the TOC this year.

The NJ boys are having an informal TOC. There was discussion of having one for the girls, but it never got far enough off the ground. Maybe next year. Let's hope.

NJ's no. 1 team was scheduled to play what I understand is NY's top team, Bayport Blue Point, at the Gains for Brains. Really too bad that event got rained out. BTW, what is rain?
Sooooo disappointed that the TOC is no longer happening.
Njlaxx11

Re: 2023 New Jersey playoffs

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:17 am
njbill wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:19 am The NJ Group titles were decided on Friday and Saturday. All games were at Hunterdon Central High School.

1. Summit
2. Chatham
3. Oak Knoll
4. Ridgewood
5. Rumson Fair Haven
6. Monclair Kimberley

Quarters:

Semis:

Finals:

Sooooo disappointed that the TOC is no longer happening.
i believe next year the plan is to include the girls in the Kirst Cup

Return to “HS GIRLS LACROSSE”