NEW RULE PROPOSALS

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: NEW RULE PROPOSALS

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:56 pm ​Same old story with you – half truths, thoughts wrested out of context, misinterpretations, conjecture, etc. all composed to have a soporific effect on the reader. (Honestly – I've read old math textbooks with a more engaging style.)

None of this tripe is worth my time to rebut.

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am If I’m such a troll, then why are you reading what I write on my Twitter account? Why are you republishing here on FanLax what I write on Twitter?
If you're so happy to have "left" this forum as you've stated multiple times, why do you consistently republish posts from the forum as your own tweets (making them appear to be from your own intel) without any references? At least you're being cited appropriately here.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am Still making accusations that you can’t back up until you get called out, huh Scott? Doesn’t surprise me. I’ve observed that’s how you operate over the years. Remember the time you accused me of writing that your daughter and her team choked only to apologize after I called you out for your lies, which you admitted to. Obviously you didn’t learn anything from that. In addition, you’re still making cracks about my username. And you really wonder why I have you blocked? Please.
You're seriously going to bring up ONE time where Doc lost his seemingly endless cool? During a situation that concerned his own daughter and the culmination of her lacrosse career? And he apologized for it?? So what exactly are you calling him out for? And you want to talk about making accusations you can't back up? Have you read your (and your burner account's) posts on this forum?!
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am And referring to women who can (not in any particular order) vote, hold office in state government, get married and raise children, join and fight in the armed forces, and so many other occupations in society as “kids”. Such arrogance. 
This one is soooooo rich. This coming from the poster who:

-claimed it was insulting to AWW that KT's role (as associate head coach at BC) was described as "coaching", and you insisted that it should only be described as "helping coach"
viewtopic.php?p=352928#p352928

-posted random 10-15 minute clips about both Cathy Reese & Hannah Nielsen coaching during games and, without context, implied that they were mean/domineering/had lost control of the locker rooms
viewtopic.php?p=282189#p282189
viewtopic.php?p=380019#p380019

-started a thread about AWW after BC's 3rd straight trip to the national championship game claiming the team "deserved better" and wondered if other coaches would have won if they had coached AWW's team
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1369&p=62611#p62611

-started a similar thread about KAH/NU about how the program was no longer a powerhouse and how their "glory days have passed them by"
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1049&start=20

-incessantly went out of your way & seemed to delight in bring up a former Terrapin and even took the time to edit video clips of what, in your opinion, was her flopping - you even went as far as to give her the condescending nickname "Flopsy"

-consistently speculated on coaching staff's intentions behind certain social media posts that always painted them in a petty/vindictive/excessively prideful light (never giving the benefit of the doubt or taking other possibilities into consideration that don't paint the coach in a negative light & being willfully ignorant to the fact that social media account managers actually ran them, not coaches)

-openly ridiculed Jamie Ortega's accomplishments
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383711&hilit=honda#p383711
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383728&hilit=honda#p383728
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383730&hilit=honda#p383730
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=385373&hilit=honda#p385373

-posted game photos and made comments the appearance of the players in those photos

and many many more...

You want to act sanctimonious and priggish about referring to college athletes as "kids"?? Be astronomically for real.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am For a troll, I’m still getting quoted and talked about on FanLax, even though I’ve been gone for over 6 months now. Yet you lot can’t help yourselves. Still sneaking around my Twitter account and republishing/relating on FanLax what I write. All the whining and crying to Matnum and admin about the frequency and content and location of my posts. And now that I’ve left you can’t stop bringing me up. Pathetic. You’re not supposed to feed trolls, you’re supposed to boycott them—don’t you know that?
There's that word again, "gone". But you aren't really. You still lurk and take tidbits of information that miraculously appear as tweets from your account a few hours later. Do you see the irony of your accusations yet? It is toooo funny and almost nostalgic: get called out, thrown a tantrum, accuse everyone of doing what you are being accused of (with added insults), rinse & repeat.

As a side note: I think you might be cherishing the posts about yourself a little too much - it's not really that often.
There it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

“accuse everyone of doing what you’re being accused of (with added insults)”

And it’s all there in black and white, buddy.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:56 pm ​Same old story with you – half truths, thoughts wrested out of context, misinterpretations, conjecture, etc. all composed to have a soporific effect on the reader. (Honestly – I've read old math textbooks with a more engaging style.)

None of this tripe is worth my time to rebut.

wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am If I’m such a troll, then why are you reading what I write on my Twitter account? Why are you republishing here on FanLax what I write on Twitter?
If you're so happy to have "left" this forum as you've stated multiple times, why do you consistently republish posts from the forum as your own tweets (making them appear to be from your own intel) without any references? At least you're being cited appropriately here.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am Still making accusations that you can’t back up until you get called out, huh Scott? Doesn’t surprise me. I’ve observed that’s how you operate over the years. Remember the time you accused me of writing that your daughter and her team choked only to apologize after I called you out for your lies, which you admitted to. Obviously you didn’t learn anything from that. In addition, you’re still making cracks about my username. And you really wonder why I have you blocked? Please.
You're seriously going to bring up ONE time where Doc lost his seemingly endless cool? During a situation that concerned his own daughter and the culmination of her lacrosse career? And he apologized for it?? So what exactly are you calling him out for? And you want to talk about making accusations you can't back up? Have you read your (and your burner account's) posts on this forum?!
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am And referring to women who can (not in any particular order) vote, hold office in state government, get married and raise children, join and fight in the armed forces, and so many other occupations in society as “kids”. Such arrogance. 
This one is soooooo rich. This coming from the poster who:

-claimed it was insulting to AWW that KT's role (as associate head coach at BC) was described as "coaching", and you insisted that it should only be described as "helping coach"
viewtopic.php?p=352928#p352928

-posted random 10-15 minute clips about both Cathy Reese & Hannah Nielsen coaching during games and, without context, implied that they were mean/domineering/had lost control of the locker rooms
viewtopic.php?p=282189#p282189
viewtopic.php?p=380019#p380019

-started a thread about AWW after BC's 3rd straight trip to the national championship game claiming the team "deserved better" and wondered if other coaches would have won if they had coached AWW's team
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1369&p=62611#p62611

-started a similar thread about KAH/NU about how the program was no longer a powerhouse and how their "glory days have passed them by"
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=1049&start=20

-incessantly went out of your way & seemed to delight in bring up a former Terrapin and even took the time to edit video clips of what, in your opinion, was her flopping - you even went as far as to give her the condescending nickname "Flopsy"

-consistently speculated on coaching staff's intentions behind certain social media posts that always painted them in a petty/vindictive/excessively prideful light (never giving the benefit of the doubt or taking other possibilities into consideration that don't paint the coach in a negative light & being willfully ignorant to the fact that social media account managers actually ran them, not coaches)

-openly ridiculed Jamie Ortega's accomplishments
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383711&hilit=honda#p383711
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383728&hilit=honda#p383728
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=383730&hilit=honda#p383730
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=3714&p=385373&hilit=honda#p385373

-posted game photos and made comments the appearance of the players in those photos

and many many more...

You want to act sanctimonious and priggish about referring to college athletes as "kids"?? Be astronomically for real.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:55 am For a troll, I’m still getting quoted and talked about on FanLax, even though I’ve been gone for over 6 months now. Yet you lot can’t help yourselves. Still sneaking around my Twitter account and republishing/relating on FanLax what I write. All the whining and crying to Matnum and admin about the frequency and content and location of my posts. And now that I’ve left you can’t stop bringing me up. Pathetic. You’re not supposed to feed trolls, you’re supposed to boycott them—don’t you know that?
There's that word again, "gone". But you aren't really. You still lurk and take tidbits of information that miraculously appear as tweets from your account a few hours later. Do you see the irony of your accusations yet? It is toooo funny and almost nostalgic: get called out, thrown a tantrum, accuse everyone of doing what you are being accused of (with added insults), rinse & repeat.

As a side note: I think you might be cherishing the posts about yourself a little too much - it's not really that often.
Nope, not today.

We all like to take guesses and give tidbits on teams we have some knowledge of. You consistently speculated (negatively) on coaches, players, teams motives/ abilities just to stir the pot. Gaslighting 101 is going to be rebuffed.

As wlaxphan pointed out, my final straw with your posting was your picture and critique of a female athlete's body. These women would most likely kick your(and my)a$$ in the weight room. I'm a woman, I've coached women and I've raised female athletes. They do not need or want your kind of support.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Laxdad126 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm hearing High School girls lacrosse going to qrtrs.
I was wondering how they were going to work that. 12:30 quarters? Nope, I see it will be 12 minute quarters. So two minutes taken off the game.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Laxdad126 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:11 pm hearing High School girls lacrosse going to qrtrs.
The shot clock is inevitable. Would prepare these girls much better for college play
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

tothedraw wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:56 pm As wlaxphan pointed out, my final straw with your posting was your picture and critique of a female athlete's body. These women would most likely kick your(and my)a$$ in the weight room. I'm a woman, I've coached women and I've raised female athletes. They do not need or want your kind of support.
I'm with her
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:20 am
The shot clock is inevitable. Would prepare these girls much better for college play
I don’t know about inevitable, but certainly possible.

The ball handling in high school is nowhere near the level it is in college, so it is harder to stall in high school. Hence less of a need for a shot clock.

Also, you have the cost of adding shot clocks. Not a huge cost to get those portable clocks, but for many high schools, athletic budgets are already stretched very thin. Yes, rich leagues like the IAAM can probably afford them without a problem, but that’s not true in general. And glax is not exactly at the top of the list of where ADs want to spend their money.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you need a competent person to run a shot clock. High schools have enough trouble finding someone who knows how to run the game clock as it is. That’s why the refs have their little how-to-run-the-clock discussion with the clock operator prior to every game.
laxfan999

Post by laxfan999 »

High school lacrosse isn’t getting a shot clock before high school basketball does so it is at least a few years away.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:00 am

The ball handling in high school is nowhere near the level it is in college, so it is harder to stall in high school. Hence less of a need for a shot clock.

Also, you have the cost of adding shot clocks. Not a huge cost to get those portable clocks, but for many high schools, athletic budgets are already stretched very thin. Yes, rich leagues like the IAAM can probably afford them without a problem, but that’s not true in general. And glax is not exactly at the top of the list of where ADs want to spend their money.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, you need a competent person to run a shot clock. High schools have enough trouble finding someone who knows how to run the game clock as it is. That’s why the refs have their little how-to-run-the-clock discussion with the clock operator prior to every game.
good points. A shot clock will for sure create more chaos with turnovers and rushed play. And I feel generally most HS teams look to attack and score as quickly as possible as opposed to stalling unless they are purposely trying to run the clock out. But man there are the games that are so slow it becomes a chore to watch. Then again we still get games like that at the college level with the shotclock.

so there are pros and cons. Ultimately HS lax may get there but it'll take while
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

GratefulRed wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:48 am
tothedraw wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:56 pm As wlaxphan pointed out, my final straw with your posting was your picture and critique of a female athlete's body. These women would most likely kick your(and my)a$$ in the weight room. I'm a woman, I've coached women and I've raised female athletes. They do not need or want your kind of support.
I'm with her
I am grateful for an opportunity to address this. When I get home from work, I will do so.

In the meantime, I am not insensitive as to how and why this became a controversy. I addressed it in that vein here at the time.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:24 pm Sorry all. I was making a comment more about high speed photography than anything else. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about players or their appearance. I'll be more careful with my observations in the future.
I would also welcome and encourage all scrutiny of everything I've written about women's lacrosse. I don't comment on players appearance--only their play on the field. But in this GOTCHA!! culture nowadays, I am learning how things work.

As I say, I'll be back to address this more fully later.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:05 am
njbill wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:00 am

good points. A shot clock will for sure create more chaos with turnovers and rushed play. And I feel generally most HS teams look to attack and score as quickly as possible as opposed to stalling unless they are purposely trying to run the clock out. But man there are the games that are so slow it becomes a chore to watch. Then again we still get games like that at the college level with the shotclock.

so there are pros and cons. Ultimately HS lax may get there but it'll take while
Full disclosure. I’m usually wrong about rule changes and how they impact play. There have been lots of times I have been against them when they were proposed, but came to love them once implemented. I was against hard boundaries. :oops:

In terms of stalling at the end of games, I love it if there is no shot clock if my team is ahead and stalls successfully. I hate it if my team is behind and the other team is able to run the clock out. I’m not very principled. 😀
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m not sure about this, but in addition to installing shot clocks, portable or otherwise, wouldn’t they also need to get new gizmos for the booth or scorer’s table that have buttons for the shot clock? Maybe the ones currently being used to run the game clock and scoreboard already have built-in features for shot clocks. Don’t know.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:20 am
I'm with her
I am grateful for an opportunity to address this. When I get home from work, I will do so.

In the meantime, I am not insensitive as to how and why this became a controversy. I addressed it in that vein here at the time.
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:24 pm Sorry all. I was making a comment more about high speed photography than anything else. I didn't mean to imply anything negative about players or their appearance. I'll be more careful with my observations in the future.
I would also welcome and encourage all scrutiny of everything I've written about women's lacrosse. I don't comment on players appearance--only their play on the field. But in this GOTCHA!! culture nowadays, I am learning how things work.

I wouldn’t consider this an opportunity. We are familiar with all you have written about women’s lacrosse--more isn’t the solution here. From one old white guy to another, we should consider ourselves guests on the women’s lacrosse forum and take our cues from said women (who, in my experience, aren’t easily offended). In that spirit, might I suggest making one more humble apology, then excusing yourself.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Whadaya figure the odds of that happening are, G'Red?
Get your popcorn. ;)
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:20 am
I'm with her

There ain't a one among us—man, woman or child—who hasn't seen a photograph taken of themselves that they thought was unflattering.

“Aw—whad’ja post that picture of me on Facebook for, Ma? Did you even look at it? You caught me in mid-yawn! You caught me in mid-blink and I look stoned—great, thanks! I look fat. I look skinny. I look tired. I look old. Etc.”

We’ve ALL seen pictures of ourselves that weren’t flattering; that weren’t a good depiction of what we actually look like.

In this case, high speed photography and a lazy editor were the culprits. I've seen hundreds of photographs of these players over the years. They don't look like that. That was the basis for my original comments, which were clearly directed at the editor – not the players. The title I gave the post was a dead giveaway:

“If I were the photo editor at Notre Dame…”

And now--am I done talking about this, now and forever more?
Am I dancing-glad more than ever to have left this snake pit of finger-wagging nana’s?

To both a Resounding and Emphatic…

njbill

Post by njbill »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:34 pm All rules passed other than 6v6.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... osal/61866
Very interesting.

Haven’t seen the actual text of the new rules, but the announcement almost makes it sound like all fouls on the new green card list will result in green cards. In other words, for example, are all pushing fouls now green card fouls or will we have some non-green card pushing fouls and some green card pushing fouls?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:44 am I’m not sure about this, but in addition to installing shot clocks, portable or otherwise, wouldn’t they also need to get new gizmos for the booth or scorer’s table that have buttons for the shot clock? Maybe the ones currently being used to run the game clock and scoreboard already have built-in features for shot clocks. Don’t know.
shot clocks come with their own remote gizmos.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:34 pm All rules passed other than 6v6.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... osal/61866
Love that the 6 on 6 wasn’t passed
njbill

Post by njbill »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:35 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:44 am I’m not sure about this, but in addition to installing shot clocks, portable or otherwise, wouldn’t they also need to get new gizmos for the booth or scorer’s table that have buttons for the shot clock? Maybe the ones currently being used to run the game clock and scoreboard already have built-in features for shot clocks. Don’t know.
Do they take AA or AAA batteries?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:35 pm
Do they take AA or AAA batteries?
yes.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”